YesNoOk

Retore fishnet CS in Maki (Read 1126 times)

Started by Momotaro, August 11, 2020, 04:23:58 pm
Share this topic:
Retore fishnet CS in Maki
#1  August 11, 2020, 04:23:58 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Hi,

First of all. I cannot reemeber if this is the rigt place to ask for this kind of help.

I'm thinking about upgrading a bit Maki Genryusai appearance (version by Knuckles8864)
I'm aiming mostly in hair, arms and legs. IMO, some of her sprites are strangely designed... This is a small tweak. What I do the best.
Compared to CS, or work from scratch.

Here is my problem.
For hair edit and arm tweak, there is no problem, but her fishnet CS would be a problem.
because of it, I cannot edit effectively her sprites.

These are my two choices.

-I completely remove the fishnets for all sprites (making all the palettes not perfectly compatible anymore)
-Or I remove fishnet for the sprites I need to edit, then I restore fishnet CS (I don't know how to do that.)

-3rd choice I give up, because it's not worth making it

I would like your advice guys.
Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:50:23 pm by Nedflandeurse
Re: Retore fishnet CS in Maki
#2  August 11, 2020, 05:26:04 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I say third choice, man. It's easier to make new sprites for FF2 Maki than make a CS that emulates the fishnet in CVS she has in FF2. Or at least it costs you less to make new sprites for Maki, you'll probably had to make an entire new SFF for her and won't worth it IMO

Good luck with the rest of your CS project BTW

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  August 11, 2020, 07:39:37 pm
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

You should show how you intend to edit the hair, arms and legs, so that people can give you their opinion, fully knowing what they're talking about.
Now, my opinion, not knowing how those edits will be (I can't do much else with the info I got), is that it might be a waste of time to edit those sprites and you'd better stick with the actual CvS design Capcom itself created, since, you know, it's their character.
Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 07:51:13 pm by AlexSin
#4  August 11, 2020, 09:49:57 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Thanks fro your reply guys.
I think, I will give up this one.

I say third choice, man. It's easier to make new sprites for FF2 Maki than make a CS that emulates the fishnet in CVS she has in FF2. Or at least it costs you less to make new sprites for Maki, you'll probably had to make an entire new SFF for her and won't worth it IMO

What FF2 fishnet ? Her chest fishnet? I didn't had this in mind.
I just wanted to adjust some body proportion in some of her sprites, and adding some definition details.

Good luck with the rest of your CS project BTW

Thank you, but I don't do CS. I feel it's too boring, and I'm not very good with that.
Right now, I only do sprite edits and frankenspriting. :)

Later, if I feel inspired, I might make the edit on Maki SFF after removing the fishnet with palette edit.
#5  August 12, 2020, 12:42:19 am
Always be cryptic and never show what you want to do, that will help you a lot, I'm sure.
#6  August 12, 2020, 10:58:54 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Always be cryptic and never show what you want to do, that will help you a lot, I'm sure.

I'm not sure to understand. (English is not my language)
So, I should not show my projects until it's completed?
#7  August 12, 2020, 11:03:22 am
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
My post was ironic on purpose.

This is what I wrote before:
You should show how you intend to edit the hair, arms and legs, so that people can give you their opinion, fully knowing what they're talking about.
I think it should go without saying that if you want to explain things better you should have posted a picture (in this case a sprite) to explain what you wanted to do better, so people could have told you "yes do this and do that" or "no, just forget about it".
Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 11:11:01 am by AlexSin
#8  August 12, 2020, 11:32:06 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Thanks for clarify
I understand now.
#9  August 13, 2020, 01:57:33 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Basically, if you want some help or opinions about your sprite edits without showing what sprite edits are we talking about, then we can't help you. At least me, I thought you referred to recreate her fishnet t-shirt from FF2 into her CVS2 sprites.

As Alex said, if you want some help about if fishnets should be done on Maki or not, then show what you have done before asking

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#10  August 13, 2020, 02:01:11 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Basically, if you want some help or opinions about your sprite edits without showing what sprite edits are we talking about, then we can't help you. At least me, I thought you referred to recreate her fishnet t-shirt from FF2 into her CVS2 sprites.

As Alex said, if you want some help about if fishnets should be done on Maki or not, then show what you have done before asking

Yes.
I understand.

Actually I did nothing yet.