YesNoOk

Fulgore CvTW... (Read 68554 times)

Started by SlenderMan, August 14, 2012, 03:52:20 am
Share this topic:
Fulgore CvTW...
#1  August 14, 2012, 03:52:20 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
so I figured I'd start the topic now since I'm almost done with Morrigan. I haven't done too much with Fulgore yet beyond figuring out palletes, starting on the stance, and trying to get the shading right.

all I have to show for now is his palletes. he only has 6 and that's all he needs really.

1.Default-his mass production pallete from KI/KI2

2.Black Knight-based on the midieval Black Knight of legend

3.Master Chief-obviously based on Master Chief's pallete

4.Nightmare-based on Soul Calibur 4 primary costume's colors

5.Cyrax-based on MK9 version

6.Sektor-based on MK9 version

I hope the palletes look alright and not too out of place for CvTW. if so I could let one of you pro pallete makers fix up these palletes. I still gotta fix his hands. I suck at spriting hands.

for his movelist I've come up with some good ideas..

SPECIALS...

Cyber Dash- Fulgore dashes forward at a quick speed to hit the target with his plasma claw

Cyber Uppercut-(almost sounds like Tiger Uppercut lol) basically Fulgore's version of the classic Street Fighter move "Shoryuken". He uses his plasma claw to uppercut instead of his fist.

Plasma Storm- an energy spark projectile that can be shot from Fulgore's plasma claws.

Cyber-Port- Fulgore teleports behind or in front of the opponent

Eye-Laser-Fulgore emits a laser from his eyes that burns the opponent(can be done in air)

Electric spark-Fulgore emits an electric spark from his eyes that covers a very short range.

UNIQUE TACTIC-

Reflector-Fulgore surrounds himself in an energy shield that can repel projectiles(this would be limited though to balance it)

HYPERS

Laser Sight-Fulgore repeatedly blast the opponent with lasers(this is based on Killer Instinct's no mercy move.

Termination-Fulgore locks onto the opponent and obliterates them.

Ultra Combo- need I explain more?basically similar to Sub-Zero's brutality hyper.Killer Instinct was always known for super long combo strings.

this movelist is tentative and it might change to better suits CvTW gameplay. also if I hear anything about Killer Instinct 3 I'll look into it to see if there's anything new.

Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:31:50 am by Zombie Sagat
Re: Fulgore CvTW...
#2  August 14, 2012, 04:54:07 am
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
Ok now I'm beyond hyped. Love the colors. Hopefully we'll watch him in action soon.
#3  August 14, 2012, 05:34:48 am
wow finaly another cvs styled ki character and its fulgore now this is worth waiting for
#4  August 14, 2012, 05:46:21 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
one dillema is he has no dash so I may have someone make him a dash later on once most of his sprites are done. it's weird converting him from a 3D model to a sprite but not very difficult.
#5  August 14, 2012, 12:52:04 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Nice job, I can imagine it's a bit of a pain doing all those details, and keeping the 'metal texture'  in mind at all times.
I was gonna say his head is a bit too large, but I believe that's just how his body is (a bit weirdly proportioned, especially how his torso/shoulders are build). Can't wait to see some animations soon :)
#6  August 14, 2012, 01:04:42 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
yeah he's always had a weird design even for a robot. he looks top-heavy. from what I've read on him his design was based off medieval knights in armor. even if he is a weird design I think it's worth it to give him his own Capcom style incarnation. I think since he's a pretty big dude his arch enemy from the Capcom side will be Mr.X. both of them work under evil corporations and both are killing machines in a sense even though X was made for retrieving the G sample mainly. Fulgore was meant to eliminate Jago, Orchid and humans entirely at one point.
#7  August 14, 2012, 05:27:23 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
He could also not have a dash, his Cyber Dash is there and he seems to have a lot of tools. Low mobility seems a small price to pay for such a thing.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#8  August 14, 2012, 05:38:47 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
He looks very good, i wish you a good progress / success for the character

NoZ

#9  August 14, 2012, 06:02:16 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Ohhh my fav KI character,you sir make me happy :yippi:
#10  August 14, 2012, 07:31:32 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
nice pallettes
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#11  August 14, 2012, 08:20:40 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Fulgore look's awesome so far, can't wait to see the stance animated :)
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#12  August 14, 2012, 10:48:44 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
at the same time I would say he needs one. Mr.X himself has a dash when he normally doesn't run like that. perhaps if Fulgore had a run similar to Mr.X where it's slow but somewhat faster than his walk. at this point I've started the jump animation.
#13  August 14, 2012, 10:52:20 pm
  • tired
Yeah, I suggested a lack of running because if he's going to be a tool-based character, he'll need some drawbacks. A slow run might be good, because I'm pretty sure he relied on his teleport and Cyber Dash to get around in KI.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#14  August 14, 2012, 10:53:37 pm
  • Shakespear.
Oh yeah! Favorite character from one of my all time favorite fighting games.  Can't wait to see what you do with him! 
#15  August 14, 2012, 10:58:51 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I'd like to hear Sean's input on this since he is the head of the game. I say since he's a big guy and is heavy give him a slower run like Mr.X has. and a short backdash too.
#16  August 14, 2012, 11:01:32 pm
  • tired
Yeah, slower running and a short backdash will certainly make him "feel" heavy and put emphasis on his striking power. His moblilty issues will probably be partially solved in the form of Cyber Dash and his teleport, but they'd need drawbacks, too. I seem to remember Fulgore being slow even back in KI, though that might be my mind playing tricks on me. I'll be certain to follow this and see what y'all come up with.
#17  August 14, 2012, 11:08:51 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
the teleport would probably be the slowest way to move since he seems to take a while to do it. I watched a guy in youtube use the teleport alot against Eyedol and win thanks to getting him from behind. we'll just see how it goes.

as far as the UT goes it's the only thing I can think of buuuut..I can think of ways to balance it out.for starters you might have to time it right similarly to how Kratos would parry a projectile in God of War. you gotta time it right. I'm going to see if I can clear up some of the sprites to where the electric fx could be made with better detail or like CvS2 style graphics.
#18  August 14, 2012, 11:52:23 pm
    • USA
i hope you dont mind but I edited some of the lines, some different hands and also gave him some metallic shading
#19  August 15, 2012, 01:18:11 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
good work dude. I wish I was that skilled with edits. I'm not used to working with metal textures/shading.Once I finish the .sff maybe you can tweak the sprites. I'm more used to working with skin shading. I'm going to use your 2 edits here as reference for metallic shading. from what it looks like I'm not that far off achieving the look.

Posted: August 15, 2012, 01:33:11 am

any and all progress on this character will be posted here so this is the jump start frame. incomplete but hey you get the idea.

I'm starting with the jump first and then I'll be onto the required sprites. I'm not as fast as Sean so it'll be quite a while til you see him in action.
Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:33:11 am by Zombie Sagat
#20  August 15, 2012, 01:49:40 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria

nice man one of my favorite ki char just one question who will be is stryker if the stryker system is in the game
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#21  August 15, 2012, 02:57:33 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
not sure. probably Spinal, Cinder or Glacius. but I'm not worried about that right now. I'm more concerned about getting Fulgore working.
#22  August 15, 2012, 04:19:56 pm
Hey If you are done with it I hope you post tutorial of converting a KI sprite into CVS style sprite I have got only four
#23  August 15, 2012, 10:51:14 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
You only got four....what? tutorials?
#24  August 15, 2012, 11:54:15 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I basically shrink the sprites down to what would be CVS size and then draw the details over the preexisting sprite
#25  August 16, 2012, 03:34:39 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
good luck, man: this is an awesome project!!
#26  August 16, 2012, 06:39:46 pm
#27  August 16, 2012, 06:51:40 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
^
Yes, he does. Making ONE sprite is not like a 3D model, you need to do the whole thing...that's why spriting is hard.

@Zombie Sagat: Would you mind if I give a hand at that sprite? There are some things that could be fixed, just to clash with Sean's work(not trying to be harsh or critiquice your work).
I swear there was something cool here!!
#28  August 16, 2012, 07:11:47 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
Yes KI!

Well looks interesting. I agree with what bathazar said. I am interested in what Felo is gonna fix...anyways will be keeping up with this!

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#29  August 16, 2012, 07:52:02 pm
^
Yes, he does. Making ONE sprite is not like a 3D model, you need to do the whole thing...that's why spriting is hard.

@Zombie Sagat: Would you mind if I give a hand at that sprite? There are some things that could be fixed, just to clash with Sean's work(not trying to be harsh or critiquice your work).

O yeah theediting of a sprite is hard if you want to make it perfect
#30  August 16, 2012, 07:53:56 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
go ahead Felo and no offense taken. I understand my spriting isn't great. decent at best but not all that good. feel free to do what you wish with the sprite. If I had the cash I'd just commission someone to do a spritesheet instead and code him. I'm not nearly as fast or great as Sean or CVS is.
#31  August 16, 2012, 08:12:27 pm
No need to be down on yourself. You're gonna make me cry. Anyway I wouldn't lose spirit over this if I were you, just keep at it.  :thumbsup:
#32  August 16, 2012, 09:10:34 pm
    • USA
Maybe his Unique Move could be the combo breaker? It would take 1 meter to use or something to balance it

Everyone loves the Fulgore Shoryuken
#33  August 16, 2012, 09:14:53 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
fulgore goes "screeeeeeeeeeeeech!!"...  translation : Fulgooooryuuuken!!!
#34  September 14, 2012, 12:47:24 pm
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
This is an awesome project. Fulgore is badass. I'd like to see a KI char coming to a CVS styled incarnation. Good luck to you, Zombie Sagat/SlenderMan.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#35  September 14, 2012, 07:12:45 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I'll start working on him full time when Morrigan is in beta status or at least good enough to give to Sean for tweaking.
#36  September 14, 2012, 10:57:15 pm
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
Fulgooooooreeee!

I love Killer Instinct... but not much this character... but good luck and let's go for everybody's sake!

You could do Sabrewulf later... he yes is my fav KI fighter...
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#37  September 14, 2012, 11:42:03 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
why don't you do him Buffalo?
#38  September 15, 2012, 05:02:34 pm
so How much is Fulgore done by now
#39  September 15, 2012, 10:14:34 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
only a few sprites. like I said I'll truly begin to work on him as soon as I hand over Morrigan to Sean. all that's left to do is 2 hypers, command throws and sounds/voices. otherwise Sean will take over from there. once she's in his hands I'll start Fulgore. remember I'm not Sean...I don't work that fast. it's gonna take quite a while til he's done.
#40  September 15, 2012, 11:07:25 pm
    • USA
You dont know how hard it is coming into this thread and not yelling like the Killer Instinct announcer lol
#41  September 15, 2012, 11:19:02 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
cocococococo-Cooooommmmbo Breaker!!!! Predator...I mean Fulgore wins!!
#42  September 16, 2012, 07:05:37 pm
Then Can you upload the images of the converted sprites
#43  September 16, 2012, 07:37:49 pm
    • USA

If you dont mind I resized him up to Ryu and altered his palette and shading a bit. i still suck with hands tho

It's taken from Haomaru, and I think it's perfect.
#44  September 16, 2012, 09:53:29 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
:pwnonk: :pwnonk:

Fucking FULGORE!? Dude, my head almost exploded!! He and Orchid were my favorite two KI characters. This is fantastic news. And also provides proof with why I love Mugen so fucking much.

This may be a bit too soon to ask, but will he see a separate release like Mr. X and Snake??

Either way, Fulgore's announcement has fueled my growing interest in this project. :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#45  September 16, 2012, 09:55:11 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
He will be a later addition to the game. basically DLC like how MK9 had DLC characters.
#46  September 17, 2012, 03:14:14 pm
  • Shakespear.
Fucking FULGORE!? Dude, my head almost exploded!! He and Orchid were my favorite two KI characters.
Hell yeah, same here.  The animated Orchid that's out is very decent too. Can't wait to see what you do with this Fulgore.  Best of luck and may your patience serve you well!
#47  September 18, 2012, 12:03:20 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
there is yet another character I'll do after Fulgore get's completed for CvTW if Sean intends to add him. but for now I'll focus on Morrigan and then Fulgore.
#48  September 19, 2012, 03:59:00 pm
Goddluck with Both SlenderMan
#49  September 20, 2012, 02:42:25 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
it's gonna be a while before things start goin on with Fulgore. I start my new job tomorrow and I'm not gonna have much time to myself. 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week and it'll probably be Sundays I get off.
#50  October 01, 2012, 04:01:05 am
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
why don't you do him Buffalo?

Well, it's ALOT to do...

i need to revamp him like in CvS style...

i can't code, but i can do sprites, however, i need also help...

and BTW... i'm suggesting to do Peacock from Skullgirls...
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#51  October 03, 2012, 10:23:54 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
lemme see what you can do buffalo

Posted: July 03, 2014, 02:27:57 am
ladies and gents I've decided to commence operations on Fulgore once again. It's been a while but seeing Fulgore's new gameplay gave me some inspiration to start working on him. For now I'm still coding Ermac and Reptile as well as Akuma(which shouldn't take too long seeing as it's a sprite swap of ryu/ken CvtW.

what do I have to do you ask? A CRAP TON!! This should be fun though. I won't be doing every sprite so those wishing for a separate release are out of luck. He's gonna be Exclusive to CvTW unless someone outside of the loop decides to add in the rest of the sprites. For now let the spriting commence whilst listening to Herr Faust from the Wolfenstein: The New Order soundtrack and Killer Instinct. wish me luck my fellow robots.

also to Karasai, if I'm using infranview to resize what percentage do I shrink him down from the original sprites?
Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 02:30:07 am by SlenderMan
#52  January 18, 2017, 06:40:36 am
    • USA
I know this is inactive but i was curious were the sprites available perchance? i was hoping to take a shot at him if that is ok
#53  January 18, 2017, 08:48:38 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
wip shut down unfortunately. lost sprites :/
#54  January 19, 2017, 01:30:37 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#55  January 19, 2017, 01:45:31 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
he would need to be CvS-ish which he isn't.
#56  January 20, 2017, 05:14:58 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#57  January 21, 2017, 01:47:41 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
I'm sure IMT (directly to its website; not forum) has packs of KI1/2 sprites there. You can use those for starting to convert them.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#58  January 21, 2017, 01:54:47 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Awe you lost everything!?  Would of killed to include him in the sequel.
you got anything spritewise that didnt make it to cvtw I could use??