YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1228501 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (latest May 14th)
#381  May 21, 2022, 11:55:37 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Thanks man, looking forward to updates.
Thanks. Other than any bugs we might find, I think updates are going to be very minute from now on. The chars are in a good place right now, I think, so I'm wondering if it's time to close the Mugen versions and make Ikemen-exclusive updates, as I think that will be the main engine when I return in 2034.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#382  May 24, 2022, 10:26:17 pm
    • Mexico
Find another bug with the projectiles, if you press any button and simultaneously the guard just before the impact, it seems that the hit is connected, but the spark is not marked or the life bar descends (Same with Geese's reppuken).

Tested on ikemen go latest version.

Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 10:36:55 pm by xerf84
#383  May 25, 2022, 12:25:53 pm
PotS, I know how you go about bosses and such but man, when you play dictator its a crying shame he has no EX attacks :(

Also with the new commands that you gave him I cant do the psycho cannon to save my life :D
#384  May 25, 2022, 02:59:25 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Hey POTS, are you thinking about doing any new chars or are you "done/retired"?
#385  May 25, 2022, 04:53:12 pm
    • Portugal
Find another bug with the projectiles, if you press any button and simultaneously the guard just before the impact, it seems that the hit is connected, but the spark is not marked or the life bar descends (Same with Geese's reppuken).
Thanks for pointing this out. This doesn't happen in Mugen, but because it does happen in Ikemen, I was able to improve the code.

PotS, I know how you go about bosses and such but man, when you play dictator its a crying shame he has no EX attacks :(
Well originally he didn't have EX moves because it was pre-SF4 and Gill didn't have them either, but nowadays I'm just too lazy to add them. :XD: I think his movelist is already pretty bloated and adding EX moves would imply rethinking some things. I may or may not do it in the future.

Also with the new commands that you gave him I cant do the psycho cannon to save my life :D
Could you elaborate? I didn't change that input. Is it because I removed the shortcuts?

Hey POTS, are you thinking about doing any new chars or are you "done/retired"?
I don't know. At the moment I'm working on the Ikemen Go updates.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#386  May 25, 2022, 11:27:49 pm
Ah, I see, that makes sense,you are right, Gill had no EX attacks.

As for being lazy nowadays, yeah I can relate to that, as for the commands I guess yeah now that the shortcut is missing i cant pull it off.
Why remove the shortcuts though ?
#387  May 26, 2022, 09:54:42 pm
    • Portugal
They were breaking Ikemen, since it processes inputs pretty differently from Mugen. I wanted compatibility so I compromised. The plan is to restore the Mugen shortcuts to the Mugen versions in the next update and then start releasing updates for Ikemen (currently making a new buffer specifically for those versions).
#388  May 27, 2022, 05:24:14 pm
  • Basic User
  • Harry 7 Mason From Silent Hill
    • Chile
They were breaking Ikemen, since it processes inputs pretty differently from Mugen. I wanted compatibility so I compromised. The plan is to restore the Mugen shortcuts to the Mugen versions in the next update and then start releasing updates for Ikemen (currently making a new buffer specifically for those versions).

I was putting this off for a while but I think it's time I to migrate to ikemen.
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
#389  May 29, 2022, 01:23:35 am
    • Mexico
The spark of the move far away from the player.

Spark of the screenpack, tested on ikemen go latest version.

#390  May 29, 2022, 09:59:51 am
    • Portugal
Fixed. Thanks. Let me know if you find other cases like that because I don't normally disable the custom sparks.
#391  May 30, 2022, 12:47:45 am
#392  May 30, 2022, 04:45:07 am
    • Mexico
Same to special level 3 of evil Ryu, the sparks are in the hands of evil and not in the enemy. Same to master Ryu.

Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 04:51:25 am by xerf84
#393  May 30, 2022, 04:41:10 pm
    • Portugal
One thing I noticed Pots for dictator, the intro triggers for DW's akuma are not there.
I have not checked with Deatscythe's akuma yet, but I will suggest adding triggers for the most used Akumas.

DivineWolfs Akuma plays his part of the intro but your dictator does the generic one.
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/all-chars-update2018-beyond-183836.0.html

Deathscythe
https://deathscythemugen.neocities.org/chars.html
I can do that. But it's odd. I knew they kept that special intro from my chars but why keep the triggers? Were there patches to make them work?

Also give Dictator Ex attacks
Since you insist I'll add them to my to do list at the bottom. But it'd be for the Ikemen versions if anything.

or at least the shortcuts  ;D
Try this:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dxgl4wg01t5mk4b/vegacmd.cmd/file

Same to special level 3 of evil Ryu, the sparks are in the hands of evil and not in the enemy. Same to master Ryu.
And another one. Thanks.
#394  May 30, 2022, 07:07:59 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
If you're interested in supporting the special intros other creators made with your characters, Divinewolf also has a  patch for your old version of Yuri.
#395  June 01, 2022, 05:05:17 pm
Oi, I was saying it as a joke ofc,but thank you for even considering it.
As for the CMD, I'll test it over the weekend cause IRL is very busy right now, I will also take a look at the akumas and let you know.
Im sure both of em came bundled in with patches.

Thanks.

Edit :

The new CMD works like a charm PotS, thank you.

As the psycho cannon is my fave dictator move ever, if I was to commission CVS2 sprites for it but make it look like the EX version of the move, would you be willing to use them ?

I would also add the fire to it as the psycho crusher also applies fire to the OP.
https://youtu.be/mmYp6GiWZf8?t=178

Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 06:23:56 pm by PeXXeR
#396  June 03, 2022, 03:31:10 am
Is Bison's corpse from Shin Akuma intro really necessary at this point? Especially after round 1. Feels like a visual clutter to me.
#397  June 03, 2022, 07:13:44 pm
    • Portugal
If you're interested in supporting the special intros other creators made with your characters, Divinewolf also has a  patch for your old version of Yuri.
I won't be looking into every such case but I can certainly add a few if people request them.

As the psycho cannon is my fave dictator move ever, if I was to commission CVS2 sprites for it but make it look like the EX version of the move, would you be willing to use them ?
That's a bit of a catch 22 because I'd have to see it first. ;P I think the danger of using the original pose is that the fireball may end up too high up so I'd have to work around that.

I would also add the fire to it as the psycho crusher also applies fire to the OP.
https://youtu.be/mmYp6GiWZf8?t=178
This one I did on purpose because he already has so many moves that set P2 on fire that I thought making the fireballs pure energy instead of flames would add variety.

Is Bison's corpse from Shin Akuma intro really necessary at this point? Especially after round 1. Feels like a visual clutter to me.
You may have noticed that I made that intro AI-only, so I'm getting tired of it as well, haha. I'll try fading him out.
Re: 2022 Character Updates (latest June 11th)
#398  June 12, 2022, 12:31:08 pm
    • Portugal
A small update for everyone again. This update serves mostly to separate the Mugen versions from the Ikemen Go versions. Support for the Mugen versions will now be limited to bug fixing so that development may continue for Ikemen Go.

Don't use these versions in Ikemen as I reintroduced input shortcuts that will not work there.
#399  June 12, 2022, 10:36:17 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Neat  :)

One thing I noticed with Sakura is that her K back-throw works a bit strange now: https://streamable.com/ymegca

Also, with Pocket Gouki, if I try to teleport away from the opponent right when he lands from a shoryuken that switches sides, he'll teleport towards the opponent instead, and always with the distance of the P-teleport (even when using the K-teleport). Trying to teleport towards the opponent deliberately (that is, with the proper command) doesn't work at all. https://streamable.com/vosxu2
Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 11:07:37 pm by Toni
#400  June 14, 2022, 04:13:32 pm
    • Portugal
One thing I noticed with Sakura is that her K back-throw works a bit strange now: https://streamable.com/ymegca
Fixed. Thanks. That sounds like something that could be happening in other chars so I'll have to double check everyone.

Also, with Pocket Gouki, if I try to teleport away from the opponent right when he lands from a shoryuken that switches sides, he'll teleport towards the opponent instead, and always with the distance of the P-teleport (even when using the K-teleport). Trying to teleport towards the opponent deliberately (that is, with the proper command) doesn't work at all. https://streamable.com/vosxu2
Getting a déjà vu with this one. :XD: Which is strange because I didn't tamper with that again.

Concerning the direction error, I think that's because he's at a very specific spacing where P2 is behind him but his commands have not reversed yet. However I haven't been able to reproduce this yet. :???: