YesNoOk

Pizzapocalypse Tower of Heaven (Read 16483 times)

Started by ShiroTori, May 21, 2023, 09:55:46 pm
Share this topic:
Pizzapocalypse Tower of Heaven
#1  May 21, 2023, 09:55:46 pm
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
The worlds of Pizza Tower and Tower of Heaven collide in Scepter and I's latest stage! The stage is meant to mimic the demo of an arcade machine, with a scoreboard appearing throughout the fight. The version for 1.0 has a few differences from the 1.1 version, due to some limitations with 1.0.

Art assets by Mark A., aka ScepterDPinoy

Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jnk7ZO6tIMY2qnHClEXToOWTIJ3ifiny/view?usp=share_link

As always, we hope you enjoy!
Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:00:47 pm by ShiroTori
Re: Pizzapocalypse Tower of Heaven
#2  May 22, 2023, 12:23:39 am
  • The Sweet One
  • let’s get scratchin’!
    • USA
    • superscratchkat.neocities.org
gorgeous sprites as usual! i hope that someday someone makes a medley of some kind that combines these games' osts, that would fit this stage so well.
#3  May 22, 2023, 07:52:22 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
To be honest I dislike all the text showing up on screen. Especially the long intro. Everything else, though, I love. This is one of my favourite stages you've done. The inverted deltas on the walls are a bit confusing at first, but they make a really neat effect.

Stuff:

- The back wall is cut off in the corners of the stage

- You should consider using tensionhigh and tensionlow for the zooming stages. The difference is that if two chars are next to each other and one of them jumps, it makes the camera zoom out to capture both of them

- Rather than having the 4 cameos in the center of the stage, you could spread them a bit further apart so the corners are less empty
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#4  May 22, 2023, 09:19:20 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico

I was playing this game a few days ago, great stage conversion to mugen!
#5  May 27, 2023, 06:24:25 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Wow, this is an extremely cool concept. Are there any plans for a fully Pizza Tower or fully Tower of Heaven version, similar to alts previous stages by you? As is, reminds me a lot of PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale's stage crossover gimmick. Excellent work as usual guys.
#6  June 14, 2023, 01:45:53 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Hey everyone! Sorry for the radio-silence regarding this thread. I've been working on Scepter and I's next stage and struggling with focusing more on some RL stuff lately. I still very much appreciate the compliments and feedback!

I've updated the stage addressing some of PotS' feedback. I've fixed the cut off, added tensions to the zoom, and included an alt def that removes the scoreboard and constant "insert coin" text. I would like to revisit this another day and include a couple more fixes once life settles down a bit for me.

gorgeous sprites as usual! i hope that someday someone makes a medley of some kind that combines these games' osts, that would fit this stage so well.

That would be awesome! It's a pretty specific crossover, but if someone were to do that I would add it in a heartbeat!

Are there any plans for a fully Pizza Tower or fully Tower of Heaven version, similar to alts previous stages by you?

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make alts like that due to this stage being completely custom sprited. Scepter would likely have to make more assets.