YesNoOk

Modern Kitana 3.0 (1.1) (Read 53221 times)

Started by Bruizerhands, January 06, 2023, 05:42:43 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Modern Kitana 3.0 (1.1)
#21  January 23, 2023, 01:38:43 am
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
I have been on the mission. Question: What do you supposed to do with the fan animations for melee attacks? I used an animation that is already on 1,1 palette. When I bind the explod to proper location it looks find when move doesn't hit. When hitting the enemy the fan explod flickers. Im guessing your solution is only ideal for projectile and helper moves? An what image editor would I use I I took the other route?

If you have discord dm there JJkoolaid#7989. You can send me the gameplay footage and I can find the problem easier.
Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
#22  January 30, 2023, 12:09:38 am
  • Bruizerhands All Things Mugen & IKEMEN
  • I will upload characters most of the time
    • USA
**Patch Notes** 
[Last updated: 01/29/2023] (Newest Patches @ the top & all new moves added to MOVE-LIST)

Fixed FWD Punch only doing 10 damage and also fixed P2 animation on hit for this move. FWD punch also shows correct hit animation. Now 95% done with fixing the inconsistent sprites on custom palettes. There are only 10 skins now. A new skin was added which resembles an Edenian race. There are only a few moves that have the sprite inconsistency, but I will be working toward a fix. Fatalities have been re-enabled (causes K.O. glitches in simul mode). Added glowing effects to various attacks which also signal counterattacks from parries. SLOWMO version is nice & subtle, give it a try! Added FWD Punch Ender & Hi Backspin Fan Ender attacks which are combo ender versions that causes player to glow.  Added easier inputs for counters (no directianal input required anymore). Added new moves High Backspin Fan (~B, HP) & Low Backspin Fan attacks (~DB, MP) and a few chains for them. Low Backspin Fan can chain into High Backspin Fan Ender or Stand FWD Punch Ender for a special finish. Added new combo/animation Edenian Twirl (~B + HP, ~B + y, HP). These new attacks & combos add more mix-up options. All parries can follow up w/ a combo. Added new move Princess Parry Low for enemy low attacks (a+b on enemy low attacks).  Added new move/animation for counterattack from Princess Parry Low. Added new move/animation for counterattack that executes after successful Princess Parry High. Upgraded Assassin Air Strike w/ more hits! Added the ability to chain Fan Toss Air from Jump LK/MK. Added a few new sounds and removed unnecessary ones. Tweaked counter SLOWMO effects so it does not affect gameplay or slow down too much. Fixed instances when player gets stuck in air again. Sometimes the AI will still do this. Fixed Crouch HP chains not working. Corrected properties for throws & for various moves. Fix issue when player was able to do standing Fan Toss in air and get stuck. Fixed hit states that were keeping player in the air after being hit during certain moves.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Mark Twain
Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 06:24:28 pm by Bruizerhands
#23  January 31, 2023, 10:33:02 pm
    • USA
NEW UPDATE OUT! More Fixes/Polishing (Mediafire)

**Patch Notes** 
[Last updated: 01/31/2023] (Newest Patches @ the top & all new moves added to MOVE-LIST)

Tweaked AI. Fixed instance when player gets stuck in air if hit during FWD Kick. Fixed properties for Assassin Air Strike air throw. Animation can be done in air on command without touching enemy and can also now miss. Requirement for enemy's velocity to be at zero has been removed. Also fixed issue when air throw would not finish if enemy was too low to the ground. After these changes, air throw is now easier to execute.  Fixed issue when counter would take priority over standing punches. New skin added. Fixed FWD Punch only doing 10 damage and also fixed P2 animation on hit for this move.  Fixed issue where Windmill would take priority during Edenian Twirl combo. Adjusted damage for counterattacks. Fixed issue where A.I. would get stuck in air due to taunting. Fixed Crouch HP animation moving backwards. Fixed sprite inconsistency for Fan Chops, parts of Square Wave & Fan Toss Air (97% done w/ sprite fixes)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Mark Twain
#24  February 01, 2023, 01:05:37 am
  • Racing Game Enthusiast
  • Formerly known as SumirekoUsami
    • USA
This needs a lot of work still.

I might also be missing some bits of feedback here,

-Some attacks play the swoosh sound after the HitDef trigger. (It's a common rookie mistake yet very easy to fix)
-Her tornado restarts if hit by something, or someone. (This means if it's a continuous hitbox attacking the Tornado, it never ends.)
-Inconsistent palettes, and sprite style. Her palettes constantly shift on certain moves, on top of this, her knives (or daggers) look crusty.
-Cardboard movements. Her animations are very rough, and she ends up looking absolutely terrible when in motion.
-Any attacks using envshake have a big delay. This is because rather than using EnvShake in the HitDef (like how it's supposed to be done.) you had EnvShake be triggered by "movehit" instead. This is not good, and it looks absolutely terrible. There's only a few attacks here, where it was done proper.
-Glitchy AI. Her busted AI makes her not only difficult to defeat, but it also makes her use standing moves while in the air.
-When KO'd, her voice repeats several times before finally ending.

Edit: I've decided to include Dissidia's Feedback that was posted on the Free For All Page below.

QUOTED FROM DISSIDIA.

Now onto feedback... Hoh boy, this is going to be somewhat long and painful...

***DISSIDIA'S FEEDBACK LAUNDRY LIST***

- The player regains control of Blair Dame Kitana once the intro sequence begins. Sometimes she will be hovering on air after the "Fight" sequence start.
- Kitana's intro voicelines are all over the place. There are moments where she refers her opponents as one of the "elderly".
- Most of Kitana's hitboxes are unsatisfactory and require more work. There's so much priority.
 - Constant debug flood due to unnecessary ROOT triggers that aren't being used.

- Her gameplay feels extremely clunky and not exactly a fun character to use.
- Kitana's AI is absolutely busted. There are moments where she will end up standing on air, or break entirely.
- Kitana's hypers tend to miss the second attack on shorter characters. Not only that, they also give back power.
- "Slow motion" moves really do not work here. I find them very annoying.
- Kitana's standing launch kick has unnecessary pause slowdown.
- Crouching light kick triggers Kitana's hitsparks twice, while crouching strong punch triggers her hitsparks three times.
- Standing strong punch has envshake delay.
- Perhaps it's best that you remove mentions of pronouns on Kitana's voicelines, unless you want to go even further by adding name triggers for every male and female character out there, lol. It's weird hearing male opponents being referred as "her" or "sister".
- This also applies for Kitana's finishing moves. Even facing against herself or any other female character in existence, the text "Finish Him" still shows up.
- Kitana's fan projectile do not interact with the opponent's projectiles.
- The way QCF,z behaves looks clunky and choppy.
- Everything from her B,F,X special looks choppy.
- Kitana's QCB,x+a has some messy colors on that tornado FX.
- Speaking of her tornado FX, it uses a sound of one hitting the ground for some reason.
- Her tornado FX triggers twice after making interaction with a projectile.
- Kitana's fatality is just absolutely laughable. Yes, I understand due to the lack of head decapitation sprites on the opponent, but perhaps this could be reworked into something else? I just find the opponent suddenly exploding after being sliced by a fan hilarious.
- Kitana's Babality triggers the opponent's KO voice.
- Some of Kitana's sprites are not sharing with their palettes.

Overall, not one of THE BEST Kitanas out there, but perhaps not one of the worst either. However, she does require a lot more work. There's probably more that I might've missed, but that's my input from what I've tested thus far.

Just a guy who has a big passion for Racing Games, who happened to stumble upon MUGEN one year...
Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 01:22:42 am by jrm1007
#25  February 01, 2023, 03:23:44 am
    • USA

-Some attacks play the swoosh sound after the HitDef trigger. (It's a common rookie mistake yet very easy to fix)
-Her tornado restarts if hit by something, or someone. (This means if it's a continuous hitbox attacking the Tornado, it never ends.)
-Inconsistent palettes, and sprite style. Her palettes constantly shift on certain moves, on top of this, her knives (or daggers) look crusty.
-Cardboard movements. Her animations are very rough, and she ends up looking absolutely terrible when in motion.
-Any attacks using envshake have a big delay. This is because rather than using EnvShake in the HitDef (like how it's supposed to be done.) you had EnvShake be triggered by "movehit" instead. This is not good, and it looks absolutely terrible. There's only a few attacks here, where it was done proper.
-Glitchy AI. Her busted AI makes her not only difficult to defeat, but it also makes her use standing moves while in the air.

Edit: I've decided to include Dissidia's Feedback that was posted on the Free For All Page below.

QUOTED FROM DISSIDIA.

- The player regains control of Blair Dame Kitana once the intro sequence begins. Sometimes she will be hovering on air after the "Fight" sequence start.
- Kitana's intro voicelines are all over the place. There are moments where she refers her opponents as one of the "elderly".
- Most of Kitana's hitboxes are unsatisfactory and require more work. There's so much priority.

- Kitana's AI is absolutely busted. There are moments where she will end up standing on air, or break entirely.
- Kitana's hypers tend to miss the second attack on shorter characters. Not only that, they also give back power.
- Crouching light kick triggers Kitana's hitsparks twice, while crouching strong punch triggers her hitsparks three times.
- Perhaps it's best that you remove mentions of pronouns on Kitana's voicelines, unless you want to go even further by adding name triggers for every male and female character out there, lol. It's weird hearing male opponents being referred as "her" or "sister".
- This also applies for Kitana's finishing moves. Even facing against herself or any other female character in existence, the text "Finish Him" still shows up.
- Speaking of her tornado FX, it uses a sound of one hitting the ground for some reason.
- Kitana's fatality is just absolutely laughable. Yes, I understand due to the lack of head decapitation sprites on the opponent, but perhaps this could be reworked into something else? I just find the opponent suddenly exploding after being sliced by a fan hilarious.

Overall, not one of THE BEST Kitanas out there, but perhaps not one of the worst either. However, she does require a lot more work. There's probably more that I might've missed, but that's my input from what I've tested thus far.

Thank you, guys! I've been waiting for feedback & testers! Really appreciate it so we can mold her. The newest updates include fixes for most of the sprites (almost done). I already upgraded the fan sprites, so they are not "crusty" anymore. Lol, sorry its funny that I had to catch all this by myself and you're calling it out. I love it. I have been working on a lot of the bugs mentioned above as we speak, at least ones I'm able to catch myself. I have balanced and worked on all moves & hitboxes.  A.I. should no longer get stuck in air nor should Kitana period. AI is still pretty aggressive. The swoosh sounds are only exclusive to a few fan attacks, which add extra effect. The Fan Lift tornado is the way the move works. If she is able to get it out in time, it will eat all projectiles until they stop coming. I can slow down start-up perhaps. Her Fan Toss is not supposed to interact with projectiles. She has many moves that do so, including Fan Lift & Sai Toss. I want her to be balanced. I have the envshake w/ the hitdefs like it should so maybe I will tone them down. I noticed in different versions of Mugen, they are more dramatic for some reason. There is no envshake on Strong Punch at all, but I see what you're talking about. Maybe there is an envshake hiding somewhere! Thank you 4 calling out the hitspark issues, they look CRAZY cause they ended being on persistent for some reason. If u don't see the humor on her voice lines, I'm so sorry. I will consider the short players as well. I am sorry about the stiffness/clunkiness you experience. Please show a video if you have the time & don't mind. I need to see it from another player's perspective because to our group, she plays very fluid & has many combo options. Me & my group of friends are literally the only one's giving myself feedback. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! Please keep coming with bugs and gripes if you don't mind.
Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 09:43:53 pm by Bruizerhands
#26  February 01, 2023, 03:36:41 am
  • Racing Game Enthusiast
  • Formerly known as SumirekoUsami
    • USA

QUOTED FROM DISSIDIA.

Thank you, guys! I've been waiting for feedback & testers! Really appreciate it so we can mold her. The newest updates include fixes for most of the sprites (almost done). I already upgraded the fan sprites, so they are not "crusty" anymore. Lol, sorry its funny that I had to catch all this by myself and you're calling it out. I love it. I have been working on a lot of the bugs mentioned above as we speak, at least ones I'm able to catch myself. I have balanced and worked on all moves & hitboxes. A.I. should no longer get stuck in air nor should Kitana period. AI is still pretty aggressive. The Fan Lift tornado is the way the move works. If she is able to get it out in time, it will eat all projectiles until they stop coming. I can slow down start-up perhaps. Her Fan Toss is not supposed to interact with projectiles. She has many moves that do so, including Fan Lift & Sai Toss. I want her to be balanced. I have the envshake w/ the hitdefs like it should so maybe I will tone them down. I noticed in different versions of Mugen, they are more dramatic for some reason. There is no envshake on Strong Punch at all, but I see what you're  talking about. Maybe there is an envshake hiding somewhere! Thank you 4 calling out the hitspark issues, they look CRAZY cause they ended being on persistent for some reason. If u don't see the humor on her voice lines, I'm so sorry. I will consider the short players as well. I am sorry about the stiffness/clunkiness you experience. Please show a video if you have the time & don't mind. I need to see it from another player's perspective. Me & my group of friends are literally the only one's giving myself feedback. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! Please keep coming with bugs and gripes if you don't mind.

Hey man, No problem! Good luck with fixing her bugs.

Just a guy who has a big passion for Racing Games, who happened to stumble upon MUGEN one year...
#27  February 03, 2023, 11:37:03 pm
    • USA
**Patch Notes** 
[Last updated: 02/03/2023] (Newest Patches @ the top & all new moves added to MOVE-LIST)

Finally figured out why A.I. was getting stuck in air. shout out to JJkooloaid for helping! I'm happy about this update and worked hard towards it! There are many fixes and polishing. My goal was to create smoother gameplay and fixed all the bugs, unintended combo chains, glitchy gameplay. This is a step in the right direction.     

Fixed inconsistent sprites for Teleport Punch, Square Wave, and Fan Toss Air. Only 1 sprite left to correct, which only affect "Windmill" move. Cleaned up some coding. Removed unintentional envshake from Stand HP and others. Upgraded Stand HP timings for smoother transitions into specials. Upgraded Pretty Kick animation/timings for smoother gameplay. Upgraded Rising Fan and Rising Fan 2 animations/timings for smoother gameplay; Reduced the time spent on the ground which changes the behavior of move for the better. Upgraded Windmill to smoother animation. New animation for Strong Doublekick and upgraded timings for smoother gameplay; Removed slow motion and move does not leave the ground anymore. Upgraded FWD Punchh to smoother animation/timings. Upgraded Low Backspin Punch animation w/ more recovery frames & smoother transition. Upgraded last hit of Edenian Twirl combo to smoother animation. Upgraded Back HK (roundhouse) to smoother animation/timings so it connects better. Assassin Air Strike animations are a bit faster with better timings. Fixed Hi Backspin not chaining into specials. Fixed unintended block sound effects. Fixed crusty fans in sprites. Fixed issue when Square Wave would phase through aerial enemies in hurt state. Fixed Collision & Hitboxes for several attacks so they wouldn't have unintended priority. Fixed unintended hit sparks appearing for some attacks. Fixed unintentional power gain from super moves. Fix FWD Kick not triggering "Finish Him". Fixed issue where second hits of super moves wouldn't connect with short characters. Fix unintentional pushback on FWD Kick. Tweaked AI more. More sprite inconsistency fixes (98% done). Fixed instance when player gets stuck in air if hit during FWD Kick & Strong Doublekick. Fixed properties for Assassin Air Strike air throw. Animation can be done in air on command without touching enemy and can also now miss & be punished. Requirement for enemy's velocity to be at zero has been removed. Also fixed issue when air throw would not finish if enemy was too low to the ground. After these changes, air throw is now easier to execute.  Fixed issue when Hi Princess Parry would take priority over standing punches. New skin added. Fixed FWD Punch only doing 10 damage and also fixed P2 animtype on hit for this move.  Fixed issue where Windmill would take priority during Edenian Twirl combo. Adjusted damage for counterattacks. Fixed issue where A.I. would get stuck in air due to taunting. Fixed Crouch HP animation moving backwards. Fixed sprite inconsistency for Fan Chops, parts of Square Wave & Fan Toss Air (97% done w/ sprite fixes)

BUGS:
-If buttons are pressed during intro, control is gained for a quick moment. Still looking into this. Help is welcomed & appreciated!
-If Fatality stance is triggered on enemy while in Simul mode while other enemies are still alive, then it will kill them and put them in the stance. Each character depends.    Anyway, I have a code that disables fatalities for Simul mode if you need.
-Sprite pallets swap on some moves, when you choose non-default skin. The default skin works fine. (99% done w/ this issue)

Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 01:23:56 am by Bruizerhands
#28  February 04, 2023, 07:41:03 am
    • USA
**Patch Notes**
[Last updated: 02/04/2023] (Newest Patches @ the top & all new moves added to MOVE-LIST)

Change Stand Light punch auto combo (x, x) from executing Standing HP to a new alternate light punch. Chains are still the same, but now the first part of combo acts like a double punch instead of forcing player into Standing HP when you tap (x, x). That use to give a stiff feeling when always transitioning into Stand HP for that combo. It now gives her a faster move, better poking mechanics, opens up more combos/control, and it just makes more sense. Reduced pushback on FWD Punch. Turned down volume for footsteps. In newer Slowmo versions, I turned it down because I thought it affected gameplay too much. I tweaked the effect some and amp it up, so feel free to give it another try! It always worked when you hear the loud boom, just didn't have it slow enough.

Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 08:37:32 am by Bruizerhands
#29  February 04, 2023, 09:54:59 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I have not tested all the versions.
Many many many updates.
I never saw a character so many times updated in a short time.
I suppose it's a good thing.

I remember this character have a palette problem.
Kitana change her palette when doing certain moves.

IS it FIXED ?
#30  February 04, 2023, 08:29:31 pm
    • USA
I have not tested all the versions.
Many many many updates.
I never saw a character so many times updated in a short time.
I suppose it's a good thing.

I remember this character have a palette problem.
Kitana change her palette when doing certain moves.

IS it FIXED ?

Don't worry, the updates are for the better (bugs & polishing). The first reason for so many because new moves were previously added to the A.I, which was making her A.I. get stuck in the air.  There were many instances when I thought the issues were fixed but weren't. The issues resulted from a corrupt AI code that I couldn't find, so I had to revert to an older version and then add the commands again. That was half of the reason I was tediously making updates besides other bugs. The other reasoning for updates answers your question about the sprites.  I decided to update piece by piece so it wouldn't be so overwhelming while still releasing new features. I am 99% done w/ the sprites. Only 1 move is currently affected now which is the Windmill move. I will be fixing that by the end of the day. Thanx 4 your interest
Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 08:40:32 pm by Bruizerhands
#31  February 05, 2023, 12:13:49 am
    • USA
**Patch Notes**
[Last updated: 02/04/2023] (Newest Patches @ the top & all new moves added to MOVE-LIST)

Change Stand LP auto combo from executing Stand HP (x, x) to a new alternate Light Punch. Chains are still the same, but now the first part of combo acts like a double punch instead of forcing player into Stand HP from tapping LP again. Not only does this give her a faster move, but this also makes more sense and gives better control of the player and combos options. This helped with stiffness. Fixed Standing Normals not chaining into Back HK. Fixed Standing Normals not chaining into Square Wave. Added ability to do Edenian Twist from Fatal Blow Backflip Escape. Added a small amount of range to FWD Punch and startup is 1 tick faster. Fixed Running LP not chaining into Stand LP as it should. Buffed damage for Edenian Twist combo. Speed up Crouch HP by 1 tick. Added chains for Stand LP into Crouch LP/Crouch LK. Upgraded and removed some pointless explods from Fatal Blow's tornado and removed unintended voice quotes. Turned down volume for footsteps. Tweaked Tardy Counters version.
Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 12:54:45 am by Bruizerhands
#32  February 05, 2023, 12:17:48 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Thanks for clarifying and for the update !
#33  February 05, 2023, 06:00:37 am
    • USA

Sorry, but one last update for today and you're going to like this one. I'm happy to announce that the sprite inconsistencies are 100% resolved now. Earlier, Momotaro asked about the progress of this issue so that motivated me to get it done. I realize how annoying the issue can be to some players, so I had to upload it ASAP. Updated files are at Mediafire link as always. Enjoy!

Modern Kitana 3.0 Download
#34  February 05, 2023, 11:24:34 am
  • A.K.A. NED

Sorry, but one last update for today and you're going to like this one. I'm happy to announce that the sprite inconsistencies are 100% resolved now. Earlier, Momotaro asked about the progress of this issue so that motivated me to get it done. I realize how annoying the issue can be to some players, so I had to upload it ASAP. Updated files are at Mediafire link as always. Enjoy!

Modern Kitana 3.0 Download

Thanks ! :)
I'll try this one!
#35  August 21, 2023, 05:53:50 pm
    • USA
New Updates. A bunch of new moves and bug fixes! Pre-release Teaser Video
#36  August 21, 2023, 06:17:03 pm
  • Why,
Nice teaser video.

So, which story this in? Original? Restart?

Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#37  August 23, 2023, 01:04:05 pm
    • USA
Hey what are you asking? sorry.
#38  August 23, 2023, 03:36:50 pm
  • Why,
Old mk1 or that 2023 "restart"?
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#39  August 24, 2023, 09:13:50 pm
    • USA
MK1 2023. I was able to add over 8 moves inspired from the brand new upcoming MK1. "Inspired" meaning they resemble or mimic MK1 2023 Kitana. All of the MK1 moves are named after the original moves. "Edenian Dance", "Booty Bump", and "Tailspin", and "Finishing Touch" are my favorite, and they are very close to MK1 2023 Kitana. This Kitana already had moves from MKX & MK11 created by me. Here is a list of all the moves added for this upcoming update.

New Supers:
Fan-Nado (traps enemy in air similar to MK1 2023 Fan-Nado)
Air Fan-Nado Trapping Fan (traps enemy and chainable from aerial normals)

New Specials:
New Air Fan Toss (Aerial) (MK1 2023)
Edenian Dance (Combo) (MK1 2023)
Sai Plunge
Flipping Out (Aerial) (MK1 2023)
Tailspin (Aerial) (MK1 2023)
Air Windmill (Aerial)
Pretty Kick Wakeup (from lying down state)

New Normals:
Standing Back Light Punch
Standing Back Light Kick (Booty Bump) (MK1 2023)
Standing Back Medium Kick (Finishing Touch) (MK1 2023)
Added Crouch Medium Kick attack chain from Crouch Light Normals
Jumping Medium Punch
Jumping Light Punch
Jumping Hard Punch
Running Hard Punch

New Techniques:
Back Dodge

New Chains:
Stand Back Light Punch chains to Stand Back Medium Puch
Stand Back Medium Punch Chains to Stand Back Heavy Punch
"FAN-tastic" chains to Standing Forward Punch combo ender
Standing Forward Light Kick chains to "Follow the Leader"
Standing Medium Kick chains to "Follow the Leader"
Stand Forward Hard Kick chains to "Air Fan Toss"
Backflip Escape on hit chains to "Air Fan Toss"
Backward dash can chain into: Alt. Stand LP (x), FWD HK (holdfwd + c), Windmill (z), Strong Doublekick (c), Edenian Dance (holdup + a), & Pretty Kick (holdback + c)