Likiji123's Sprites (Read 213993 times)

Started by likiji123, December 08, 2014, 04:49:02 am
Re: Likiji123's Sprites
#181  March 21, 2016, 05:39:46 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
This is probably the last ssf2 thing i do for a little while

It's a Mewtwo Render in SSF2s Render style

I feel like the head could be fixed up a little bit but i dont really know how to fix it

It's cool in its own right, but it's not the style of the SSf2 pixelarts at all, I'm sorry to say.
Oh, well i thought that ssf2's lightsource for renders was from the front but i guess that i got that and the size wrong?
#182  March 26, 2016, 12:40:19 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
SSF2 sonic resprite

Feedback would be greatly appreciated

lui

#183  March 26, 2016, 12:45:27 pm
    • USA
The angle is extremely weird, try having him face the viewer a bit more like mario
#184  March 26, 2016, 01:24:11 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
#185  March 26, 2016, 03:52:59 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I'm concerned as to why his limbs look thicker than usual, and why his head is so big. This does reminds me of the last time I wanted to remake Sonic's sprite design for SSF2, which was way before they even decided to take their current sprite design direction with the veteran characters. You know, back when Mario still used SMW-ish looking sprites, so yeah, hence the small size:

This became discontinued because I eventually lost complete interest in the game, but maybe you'll find some use for this, even if it's just for reference.

Shit
#186  March 26, 2016, 06:04:41 pm
    • Netherlands
I'm concerned as to why his limbs look thicker than usual, and why his head is so big. This does reminds me of the last time I wanted to remake Sonic's sprite design for SSF2, which was way before they even decided to take their current sprite design direction with the veteran characters. You know, back when Mario still used SMW-ish looking sprites, so yeah, hence the small size:

This became discontinued because I eventually lost complete interest in the game, but maybe you'll find some use for this, even if it's just for reference.

oh woah, I remember this. I had no idea that you made those back then. That's like 4 or so years ago now isn't it?
#187  March 26, 2016, 10:36:41 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
I'm concerned as to why his limbs look thicker than usual, and why his head is so big.
i used brawl sonic as a base so i dont know how limbs look thick or the head looks a bit too big
and those are some nice sonic sprites :)
i might use one or two of them to help me out if i ever do a full ssf2 sonic resprite
#188  March 28, 2016, 06:18:58 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Soon.avi
#189  March 28, 2016, 04:37:22 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I'd say make the ends of his shoes a bit more pointed, but seems pretty good otherwise.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#190  March 28, 2016, 05:07:47 pm
Nice wario
Posts counts are stupid regarding not allowing PM's. Especially when needing to discuss something with staff/admin
#191  March 30, 2016, 07:08:13 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Finished :D
#192  April 07, 2016, 01:31:19 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Heres something i made in my freetime :)

its Geki from SFI in the NGPC style
#193  April 08, 2016, 07:12:14 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
It's pretty decent, but I seriously cannot understand what's going on with his hand, as it's barely readable. You might want to make it easier to understand.

Shit
#194  April 12, 2016, 02:37:03 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Thanks for the feedback MotorRoach, i will fix it whenever i get back into the mood to do NGPC sprites again

but for now, melee stocks anyone?
#195  April 15, 2016, 07:56:27 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 08:02:20 am by likiji123
#196  April 15, 2016, 03:59:24 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Umm, Heres a WIP of M.Bison in SF3 style
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Am i going in the right direction?
Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:34:41 pm by likiji123
#197  April 15, 2016, 04:38:23 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'd say you are. However, once you resize it and index it (you can do it now if you wish, these are just some mistakes to watch out for):

-Shorten the eye a little bit, it looks like it's bulging.
-The foot on the viewer's right should be edited to match the other side, because it looks bigger than the viewer's left. Shading on the left pad as well should be changed around to match the viewer's left leg pad.
-Hat should be shortened horizontally.
-The viewer's right arm needs to be fixed. The bicep is bigger than that of the viewer's left , and there's a weird line on the arm (was that in the CvS2 version of Bison??)
-Also don't forget to add the highlights, they are important to the style.

Since nobody answered you about how CPS3 coloring/shading works, I'll briefly tell you what I've read from others:

-Rolento/ManyNinjas: The lit areas and shadowed areas tend to use roughly the same amount of colors, being somewhere between 5-7 shades from my last check. There aren't too many hard lines present, even around the edges. In the examples I've seen, the shadowed areas tend to use cooler colors than the lit portions of a sprite, with Ibuki's skin taking on purple tones in this case. (Source; under CPS3 Shading)

The explanation behind this second set of colors is probably connected to natural light reflection; unless the case is extreme, even areas not in direct sunlight receive remain partially illuminated due to their surroundings and light's tendency to bounce. Sadly, the only suggestion I can give in terms of deciding on color shades to use when making your own sprites is to look at the commercial examples to get a better gist of what you should be looking for.

-Diepod/HIIVolt-07/BluperVillain: SF3 lighting is much the same, as far as the overhead light source. Still, it follows Capcom's rule of closer limbs being brighter than farther ones. That, and the second set of cool colors. (Source)

-!E/Sinhra: Self-explanatory image, at the top beginning part

G'luck.

EDIT: Forgot to add the proprotions, are like a more detailed/exaggerated version of CPS2 (or at least that's how I describe it). Hands/feet are pretty big in the style, muscles are exaggerated out of normal proportions (e.g. Alex's back/shoulders, the biceps of the Ansatsuken fighters in that game, Leo's chest, just to name a few).

Pretty much really exaggerated, and more detailed than CPS2. Try to put down the proportions and when you do that compare them to official CPS3 sprites and see what adjustments you can do to make them akin to the official ones. That's what I did with Seijuro Hiko and Jimbo Rizer, it should work out well for you.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:46:23 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#198  April 15, 2016, 11:59:06 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Thanks for the help! i have put everything you said into the WIP, but i still have a few questions
Also don't forget to add the highlights, they are important to the style.
What do you mean by highlights? like the metal parts?
EDIT: i think i just realized what you meant by highlights and i will add them now

I'd say you are. However, once you resize it and index it (you can do it now if you wish, these are just some mistakes to watch out for)
How do i index it (i use Paint Dot Net)
Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:02:14 am by likiji123
#199  April 16, 2016, 12:19:00 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.
#200  April 16, 2016, 12:36:29 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
I'd say you are. However, once you resize it and index it (you can do it now if you wish, these are just some mistakes to watch out for)
How do i index it (i use Paint Dot Net)

Ahh woops, I thought you used Photoshop. I actually don't know how that's done on Paint.NET, I will attempt to search for it and if I find anything I'll tell you.
Well i had a look around but i couldn't find anything so is it ok if you do it?
Here's the thing