YesNoOk

R@CE's Wips - Ray McDougall (Read 92070 times)

Started by R@CE AKIR@, October 27, 2018, 06:15:33 pm
Share this topic:
Re: R@CE's Wips
#161  July 09, 2020, 11:58:12 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
It could be GPU? Maybe your GPU isn't working anymore and it has problem with stuff that ask openGL or something?
Just an idea from nowhere
#162  July 09, 2020, 12:42:52 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
It could be GPU? Maybe your GPU isn't working anymore and it has problem with stuff that ask openGL or something?
Just an idea from nowhere

When I try to play a pc game it seems to wrk fine. Well I guess I'm gonna have to switch back to 1.0 for the time being, have somerhibg light that wont make it crash.
#163  July 09, 2020, 01:28:39 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
you can try the 4gb patch on mugen 1.1 and see if it works better?
#164  July 09, 2020, 02:20:58 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I was thinking of Ram also but it was not really smart because the message would have been different. ANd if you're able to play normal PC game that's not the case.
Strange... Maybe update all the drivers again? And after that I don't know! :(
#165  July 09, 2020, 03:24:44 pm
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Thanks guys! I will just try the 4gb patch and see if that works. If not i will just have to go back to 1.0 and run it with low res stages or etc. until I can get this either fixed or a get whole new pc in general.

Anyway Samchay is released, go grab him
Re: R@CE's Wips - Ray McDougall
#166  July 21, 2020, 04:16:42 am
    • USA
Ok guys my next WIP is Ray McDougall from Fighter's History. Nexus Games hit me up and gave me some sprites of Ray that he re-shaded to look more CVS-ish along with custom sprites and a nice color separation. Skeletor EX did some custom sprites as well and lastly but not least Dampir has agreed to help retouch over the sprites that Nexus Games did to give them a even more detailed look along with adding a additional color separation for Ray. Then lastly I'm coding him and doing what I do best. Thank you all for your continued support. As soon as me and Dampir are done, I will post the color separation template for you all to make some dope pals. Check the 1st post for more screen shots

This is what I have coded so far

DDT/EX (His original normal throw move but I sorta want to make another throw and turn this into a special)

Gut Kick (A new normal throw I gave him where he kicks you in the gut and sends you flying back)

Big Tornado/EX (Does 2 hits on EX)

Dynamite Tackle/Thunder Dynamite Tackle (Does more hits depending on button strength and EX does 4 hits and electrocutes you)

Super Big Tornado (Does 6 hits  for lvl 1 and 10 hits for lvl2 and has a wall bounce (Now option to turn on or off), allowing for extended combos)

Super Thunder Dynamite Tackle (Does 8 hits for lvl 1 and 12 hits for lvl2)

So that's what I have so far, the rest I am coding as we speak
Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:27:14 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#167  July 21, 2020, 04:33:49 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Nice to see the main guy getting a conversion. I was pretty much expecting him next.

Kinda wished you'd do something new with the projectile moves, as the '2 hits on EX' could be changed, maybe making it slower so you can combo alongside it or trap P2.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#168  July 21, 2020, 04:49:51 am
    • USA
Nice to see the main guy getting a conversion. I was pretty much expecting him next.

Kinda wished you'd do something new with the projectile moves, as the '2 hits on EX' could be changed, maybe making it slower so you can combo alongside it or trap P2.

Thanks. Honestly I don't like projectiles like that. I would add wall bounce but that is something you can turn on or off now. When it all boils down to it, its just a matter of what a person wants and I can't please everyone. Besides I have played with most in this style and most have the same attributes as such.

I might give him his original Big Tornado as a EX but when I tried to High Res them, I didnt really like it. I'll just have to look at it again
#169  July 21, 2020, 04:59:17 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Thanks. Honestly I don't like projectiles like that. I would add wall bounce but that is something you can turn on or off now. When it all boils down to it, its just a matter of what a person wants and I can't please everyone. Besides I have played with most in this style and most have the same attributes as such.
I might give him his original Big Tornado as a EX but when I tried to High Res them, I didnt really like it. I'll just have to look at it again

I think the Wall Bounce would be more for Non-Projectiles though like the Dynamite Tackle, but that might just be me though.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#170  July 21, 2020, 05:41:40 am
    • USA

I think the Wall Bounce would be more for Non-Projectiles though like the Dynamite Tackle, but that might just be me though.

True, everything is still in the works tho. I didnt think about adding wall bounce to that as it worked well as how it did in his original game but I'll see if I like it.
#171  July 21, 2020, 11:37:06 am
  • Indeed
You're on fire! If you keep up with this pace, you'll do the entire Fighter's History roster in no time!
#172  July 21, 2020, 01:39:07 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Great news R@CE !
A big combination of telents to make this Ray!!

Please show us more screens when you update this gem!
Best of luck with you, buddy
#173  July 21, 2020, 07:09:10 pm
    • USA
He looks pretty cool so far. I love your pallette selector feature. This year's ready to give Ray McDougal a lot of love, as apparently ELECTR0 has plans to make him too. One thing I noticed is that a lot of your FH conversions aren't really up to Dampir's standards graphic-wise, and characters like Samchay could use a little bit of clean-up on their sprites, in order to alter some of the wrinkles. They still play just fine, though.
#174  July 21, 2020, 07:22:38 pm
    • USA
He looks pretty cool so far. I love your pallette selector feature. This year's ready to give Ray McDougal a lot of love, as apparently ELECTR0 has plans to make him too. One thing I noticed is that a lot of your FH conversions aren't really up to Dampir's standards graphic-wise, and characters like Samchay could use a little bit of clean-up on their sprites, in order to alter some of the wrinkles. They still play just fine, though.

Thank you. Im glad that you like them. Honestly tho I have to disagree with the graphics on the characters. In fact ive been getting the exact opposite of your response. Also are you aware that Dampir himself has been reshading the sprites? They definitely look good to me. But I guess like i always say, different strokes for different folks. Either way I was overall satisfied with what the final results were. But still I'm happy for your support.
#175  July 21, 2020, 08:25:38 pm
    • USA

Thank you. Im glad that you like them. Honestly tho I have to disagree with the graphics on the characters. In fact ive been getting the exact opposite of your response. Also are you aware that Dampir himself has been reshading the sprites? They definitely look good to me. But I guess like i always say, different strokes for different folks. Either way I was overall satisfied with what the final results were. But still I'm happy for your support.

I was not aware Dampir was reshading these sprites. It’s quite impressive what he can do. I appreciate the effort he puts into these reshades. I also wonder if your oldest characters will ever get touch ups into the CVS art style?
#176  July 22, 2020, 01:18:24 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Awesome to hear, looking forward to seeing you guys make him!
#177  August 15, 2020, 05:15:56 am
  • Keep up the Good work!
    • USA
Hey guys its been a long time since I've released anything publicly or had time for anything mugen wise. This is due to a hand injury I received about a couple of years back. Eventually it got better and so now I'm back.

Anyway, there are numerous W.I.Ps. that I've been working on and the most recent really got me excited to do. Along with the help of Skeletor EX, I've decided that I'm going to try to convert every Fighter's History character into the Pots/Infinite gameplay style, along with some of older characters and Wips as well (The TMNT Tournament Fighter Characters) That's right, I'm back & you heard right, I'm actually going to finally release the last two turtles that people have been wanting for years as well as convert them all into the Pots/Infinite gameplay style.

My reason? I love old school characters and trying my hand at updating them to today's standards.

Why Fighter's History characters? Well it first started out with Jean Pierre, as I told Infinite and Skeletor EX that I would one day make him because he was my main in Fighters History. Then Skeletor EX suggested Zazie, and so then I made the decision to keep going and to also update the Turtles.

So here are some screenshots for you guys to look at what I've done so far with Jean Pierre, Zazie, & etc. Usually I would've made a video but I plan on getting all of their sprites eventually redone by Dampir to make them look more CVS-ish or rather in his art style.

Also if anyone of you would be willing to make Lvl3 style portraits as you see below (Not that good at making them) then please let me know so I can let you know who all I need some for and you of course will be credited. Thank you and I hope you all enjoy

Fighter's History Characters
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

TMNT Tournament Fighters Characters

World Heroes Characters

My 2nd in Fighter's History!  Lookin' forward to it. 
Mysterious Warrior 777
#178  August 16, 2020, 04:38:57 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Offer still on table, if your not to busy after this fighter.
#179  August 16, 2020, 07:23:11 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Your Ray Mcdougal looks cool. Can't wait to play with him.
#180  August 20, 2020, 03:03:42 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Ray is looking good. Not a character from FH that I know too well when it comes to gameplay, but I think it's awesome that both you and Electro figured it was time to make the main character shine on your own two terms. Yours with the CVS in mind, and I really enjoy the convertions as you know, so this will probably be no exception.

What do you think about the martial arts of Ray. Do you think it's possible to make good combo possibilities? I believe he was quite the projectile user in the official game, so I don't know how you envision him yet (Outside of the what you already have coded.)
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.