YesNoOk

"Wall of Shame"? (Read 6054 times)

Started by The Railgunner, June 25, 2012, 12:33:44 am
Share this topic:
"Wall of Shame"?
#1  June 25, 2012, 12:33:44 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
Basically, a small link somewhere on the site that would give a list of HOF-grade forum offenders and detail their offenses, both for upstanding forum members to laugh at and for not-so-upstanding ones to view as a warning.

Good idea? It would be more accessible to newer users than the Hall of Fame (being closer to the main site or forum hub), allowing people to see it better.
Re: "Wall of Shame"?
#2  June 25, 2012, 12:36:01 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I don't really see the need for it, and it kinda feels unnecessarily mean.
#3  June 25, 2012, 12:36:31 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
This would be horrible , its a idea i cant support!
#4  June 25, 2012, 12:41:36 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
Interesting idea, I don't think it would be important though since we would just be glorifying the banned users, regardless of what the Wall is called.

That and i'm a nice guy it would just be mean.
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#5  June 25, 2012, 12:43:24 am
  • Dust to dust...
    • USA
    • Skype - tylorthehedgehog
    • www.freewebs.com/wubbi/
Rather unnecessary. Nuff said.
Thanks for reading my signature.
#6  June 25, 2012, 12:47:58 am
    • USA
TBH I don't think its a great idea.
#7  June 25, 2012, 12:49:04 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA

The same could be said for the HoF itself TBH, although certain individuals who have been HoF-ed could be considered beyond repair.
#8  June 25, 2012, 12:53:25 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#9  June 25, 2012, 12:56:30 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
No wall of shame!If you made that wall 90% percent of the shameful stuff would be mine
#10  June 25, 2012, 12:57:08 am
  • You PC bro?
#11  June 25, 2012, 01:04:03 am
    • USA
The same could be said for the HoF itself TBH, although certain individuals who have been HoF-ed could be considered beyond repair.
Well, HoF'd stuff doesn't necessarily have to be about someone freaking out and getting banned.

Plus the very name "Wall of Shame" implies much different things.
#12  June 25, 2012, 01:33:09 am
    • USA
#13  June 25, 2012, 01:39:52 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html

It's only unnecessary if the violators aren't heinous enough to merit it.

I guess it would bring some sense of gratification to them, though, so I understand.
#14  June 25, 2012, 01:49:28 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#15  June 25, 2012, 02:12:19 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
People are "unnecessarily mean" to you because you willingly act like a.....I don't even have the words.....to draw negative attention to yourself.  You don't care to change, you don't want to stop being a pigheaded douche because you enjoy the attention.  You think people calling you out for your bullshit makes you "controversial" or something retarded like that, but the fact is that when the day comes where you finally do rage quit nobody will even remember your name.

Of course, it doesn't have to be that way.  You could easily admit what a blatant attention whore and hypocrite you are, clean your act up and most (reasonable) people would be willing to let bygones be bygones.  Nobody would be "mean" to you then.  But of course, you don't want that.  You got attention and that's all that matters.
#16  June 25, 2012, 02:18:59 am
    • USA
THANK YOU.
You know what I'm just gonna repost what I said in the Anti-MFG topic.

OK I'm gonna just go on a tangent from this current topic
Could I possibly register at your forum? I have had past moderation experience on other websites besides mugen-based forums and I do pretty well with enforcing rules and such. You may not know me but have heard of me, but I have been banned twice from here in the past. They do not like me for the simple fact of me being a homosexual male, and that I use female avatars / signatures, Lol. I may go to guild, but I am not friends with any of the Moderators and what not due to their constant disrespect toward me. ~
Bullshit. Absolute fucking bullshit. You have never been banned for being gay, nor have you been banned for having a female avatar. There are lots of gay users here and they never get harrassed for their sexuality. For fuck's sake I'M gay and I'm a global moderator. What does that say?

And it's not a problem that you have a female avatar, lots of people do. In fact, I suspect that the majority of users have female avatars. And it's not like gay people aren't allowed to have female avatars either.

The reason you were banned the first time, IIRC, was the post your picture thing. You were passing yourself off as someone you weren't. That's against the rules! Doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, or I dunno some kind of sentient fungus like Iced. You're not supposed to post pictures of people who are not you in that thread. And when confronted with it you continued to deny it over and over. So you were banned for that. And then you got a second chance and made some cool stages and everything was fine.

Then you started posting in hard-to-read pink text and wouldn't stop it when several mods told you to stop. And asking you to stop posting in pink is not really a big deal. But you didn't, so you were banned. Again. And then it expired and things seemed to be going well until you wrote this.

If you'd just stop doing shit like this no one would bother you.

I think you should spend some time wondering why it is people treat you the way they do.
#17  June 25, 2012, 02:25:47 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
how 'bout if as of now all forum offenders that deserve a ban will instead have to serve time in the anti-mfg forum where they will have to spend the duration of their ban along with peter foster
#18  June 25, 2012, 02:28:58 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#19  June 25, 2012, 02:30:14 am
how 'bout if as of now all forum offenders that deserve a ban will instead have to serve time in the anti-mfg forum where they will have to spend the duration of their ban along with peter foster

It would be like banishing them to the nether-realm, or something.
#20  June 25, 2012, 02:32:47 am
    • USA