YesNoOk

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch) (Read 125010 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 27, 2019, 03:08:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch)
#161  July 12, 2019, 03:26:12 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Well, Hydreigon is back to once again be demolished by a fairy, and a giant fairy cake of all things.
#162  July 12, 2019, 05:28:35 pm
    • Brazil
Your hate only makes it all the more satisfying for us stall players to watch your pets struggle uselessly as they wither and die. Now if they confirm Skarmory, Cresselia, and the Chansey line I'll...still be in no hurry to get these games but I'll at least smile.
I doubt they'd keep those three out, they're really damn popular.
#163  July 12, 2019, 06:28:07 pm
  • For honor!
You just got yourself a spot on my invisible list of blacklisted players.
That happens to me a lot.

Well, Hydreigon is back to once again be demolished by a fairy, and a giant fairy cake of all things.
but Zweilous makes a great pet Poke'mon. That thing is sooo precious <3. A shame they won't bring back the HG/SS/Lets Go pokemon following you around thing. That would be animation work that would more than justify transfer locking.

Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:32:19 pm by Alpaca-San
#164  July 13, 2019, 11:11:23 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!

Sometimes it makes me wonder why those Chinese devs put so much effort and soul in a game than the official one...
This is fate.
#165  July 13, 2019, 12:16:44 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
willing to bet that game has like 50 pokemon in it currently
#166  July 13, 2019, 04:27:54 pm
    • Brazil
#167  July 13, 2019, 08:11:42 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
yeah for 50 pokemon lol
#168  July 13, 2019, 09:23:42 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
That game seems perfect for a game that ONLY focus on story mode like most JRPGs, not exactly for something that requiere 800+ mons.

But, gotta say would be nice that the shaders were similar, those saturated anime colors and non-particle based effects looks fine, better than the official one.
#169  July 13, 2019, 11:29:36 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I've seen YouTube comments about that Chinese game's animations mostly just being re-rigging the X/Y models to animations from a past Digimon game, but got me on which one.  Not Cyber Sleuth or Digimon World, that much I can say.  Though I wouldn't put it past them as long as it's a bootleg anyways, and that guitar for Gengar out of nowhere, clipping through it too for that matter, sounds like something stolen from the Etemon line of Digimon, not that I have them all memorized.  Also that whole thing with Greninja really looks like something I've seen from a Naruto game at some point, both the actual execution and the failed one they showed in the menu.

I'm sure some of it was hand made, though, or at least replicating something prior.  I think that Magnamite death with the magnets detaching was from Stadium and that Electro Ball for Pikachu looks vaguely familiar as well.

Random thought process, late to the whole thing now anyways but still, I was just thinking about how Game Freak likely made separate different models for all the Pokémon when dynamaxing, likely citing a necessity due to upscaling the previous models without increasing polycount would look bad.  But....we have Pokémon Go saying otherwise.  Pokémon Go uses the same models the 3DS does and upscales them similarly for raids.  We already know they look fine in blown up proportions, no?  The ones from Sword and Shield just now have clouds and a red tint added to them.
Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:32:53 am by Long John Killer
#170  July 14, 2019, 02:40:23 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
The expectations for graphical fidelity of low-cost mobile phone games and full blown console releases are vastly different.  Nobody expects high-end graphics from an app they downloaded for free, so Pokemon Go can get away with it whereas a proper console title that costs full retail price can't.
#171  July 14, 2019, 02:44:03 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
While it's kinda cherrypicking a good statement vs. a bad statement, it still represents their views and the resulting product.

There's a reason people consider HG/SS to be the best Pokémon game, whereas OR/AS felt a bit disappointing.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#172  July 14, 2019, 03:12:39 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
While it's kinda cherrypicking a good statement vs. a bad statement, it still represents their views and the resulting product.

There's a reason people consider HG/SS to be the best Pokémon game, whereas OR/AS felt a bit disappointing.

You're right.
#173  July 14, 2019, 11:58:17 pm
    • Brazil

Yeah, "we didn't put something in the game because we didn't think people would play said game", like, what kind of stupid ass logic for a game developer, specially one developing a big franchise like Pokémon.
#174  August 05, 2019, 05:57:41 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
This is fate.
#175  August 05, 2019, 06:31:58 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
My body is ready.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#176  August 05, 2019, 06:56:21 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
I just want to see more of the new Pokemon, granted that would kill a bit of the exploration BUT atleast want to see 20 before release.
#177  August 06, 2019, 02:26:04 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
It's probably the official reveal of Impidimp and showcasing what types Zacian and Zamazenta are.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#178  August 07, 2019, 03:41:09 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

Galarian forms confirmed with Weezing, Zigzagoon, amd Linoone receiving new formes.  Linoone has a new evolution: Obstagoon.

Morpeko is the regional Pikachu with the Ability changing forms.

Team Yell confirmed to be the new team with them being obsessive fans of Marnie.  Bede is another NPC the Protagonist will encounter.
#179  August 07, 2019, 04:27:48 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
quick question: What's the difference between alolan forms and galarian forms aside from them being religion exclusive?
#180  August 07, 2019, 04:47:07 pm
    • Brazil