YesNoOk

Evil Ryu Updated (31/10/2020) (Read 252825 times)

Started by vyn, May 28, 2014, 05:00:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ryu
#21  June 02, 2014, 02:09:48 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Man everything is looking very nize and that lvl 3 shinku hadouken, is a killer. I say if it's not broken, why change it.lol Extra moves from sfiv sounds about right and needed. Good luck bro, just another one of your fan's.
#22  June 02, 2014, 02:47:01 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Keep focus attack, drop excell combo,
#23  June 02, 2014, 03:09:41 am
    • Poland
Nice to see you back on the game Vyn. I still have your rock & terry as my favs. How you managed to use Mugen ? Didn't you use some OS that couldn't run it and that's why you left ?

And do you have any other plans besides finishing this Ryu ? Anyway welcome back (well you never truly keft but still...).
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#24  June 02, 2014, 03:40:33 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Worked a lot on him this weekend, sound is 50% sfiv so far and added a few moves, here are the screens, they aint finished yet but good enough for a screenshot. Mwryly did a great job on those axe kick sprites.

axe kick

oni´s misogi special, figured it would be more useful than yet another supermove

lvl 3 shinku hadouken

next ill finish the audio file and start adding ex moves.

Im trying to figure out what system gimmicks to use. My last characters had a ton of stuff like custom combo, parry, focus attack, zero counter, super jump, roll recovery, etc. since im pretty much remaking my template with this guy to something more simple id like to hear some ideas.

So far i think im gonna keep roll recovery and use sfiv revenge mechanics for ultras.

Only I think that Misoni on older screen looks better?
But I'll know- I'm not only one who thin that this Ryu will be awesome!
But don't delete old Misogi sprites from Ryu, plz...
#25  June 02, 2014, 06:43:28 am
  • "Words are my lethal weapons."
    • USA
    • joeyquiles3@aim.com
This character is gonna be amazing! On another note i think he should have the same mechanics as your Violent Ken, good luck on your character and great to see ya back!
Lyrical Jedi
#26  June 02, 2014, 07:14:29 am
  • Niigasan
Your violent ken is fuckin amazing bro
#27  June 02, 2014, 09:06:57 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I agree with Ness on keeping the focus attack, not many other characters have it.
#28  June 02, 2014, 01:33:50 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Nice to see you back ! :)

As far as mechanics go, Zero Counters, Parry and Focus Attack share the same goal (guarding an attack and counter attacking). Would probably be best if you kept only one among these three.
#29  June 02, 2014, 05:09:36 pm
    • Russia
    • Anton.chernika@mail.ru
    • Skype - Evil_LIS
it is the brightest and most evil ryu which I only saw

vyn

#30  June 05, 2014, 01:55:38 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Man everything is looking very nize and that lvl 3 shinku hadouken, is a killer. I say if it's not broken, why change it.lol Extra moves from sfiv sounds about right and needed. Good luck bro, just another one of your fan's.

tnx bro

Keep focus attack, drop excell combo,

im dropping excell indeed.

Is focus useful in mugenz? i get the fact that not many characters have it but since mugen is plagued with multihit super fast attacks, a one hit absorb just doesnt seem useful. I for one dont really use it.

Nice to see you back on the game Vyn. I still have your rock & terry as my favs. How you managed to use Mugen ? Didn't you use some OS that couldn't run it and that's why you left ?

And do you have any other plans besides finishing this Ryu ? Anyway welcome back (well you never truly keft but still...).

no plans besides Ryu at the moment, i did have a mac for some time and then i got kinda burned out of mugen but its fun again with all the new games out there since last time i worked.

Only I think that Misoni on older screen looks better?
But I'll know- I'm not only one who thin that this Ryu will be awesome!
But don't delete old Misogi sprites from Ryu, plz...

If you mean the ryu sprites they are the same, just different frames. Its all there if you wish to use them for something once they are released.

This character is gonna be amazing! On another note i think he should have the same mechanics as your Violent Ken, good luck on your character and great to see ya back!

tnx

Your violent ken is fuckin amazing bro

tnx man

I agree with Ness on keeping the focus attack, not many other characters have it.

same question, is it really useful??

Nice to see you back ! :)

As far as mechanics go, Zero Counters, Parry and Focus Attack share the same goal (guarding an attack and counter attacking). Would probably be best if you kept only one among these three.

completely agree, which one do u find more useful in mugenz?
it is the brightest and most evil ryu which I only saw

didnt quite understand u but tnx man

#31  June 05, 2014, 02:42:40 am
  • Niigasan
Well ness edited evil ryu(which Is one of my mains) hr took out power charge and put in the focus attack. I for one find it very useful and I've whooped plenty of ass with him
Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:06:15 am by hairline733
#32  June 05, 2014, 04:40:38 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Maybe. I just saw another hand.
#33  June 05, 2014, 07:04:25 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I'm a bit behind on the news, but welcome back vyn. I see you got your posts back and contributor star, now that I know it's really you. :)

As for the focus attack, I suggest you keep it. I yet too have any characters with very good coded focus attacks as yours. Plus, it helps a lot when you're at a disadvantage.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#34  June 05, 2014, 04:25:04 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
is it possible to see in this Ryu Hadou Combo? like your old Savage Ryu  I loved that attack.
#35  June 05, 2014, 06:16:30 pm
  • Niigasan
If ur talking bout that beat down punch combo like Sean's move hell yeah
#36  June 05, 2014, 06:20:16 pm
No, not that one (you're talking about a super, not the special), he is talking about D,DB,B, any punch; in each attack he would say "Ha" (it would be "Hadouken" if you pause the game and for that I hope Vyn puts a new voice with just "Ha!").
#37  June 05, 2014, 07:57:58 pm
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
please   SHAre  LINK   when U DONE   ASAP   I WOULD LOVE TO DOWNLOAD THIS   RYU           PLEASE HURRY =)
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker

vyn

#38  June 05, 2014, 08:06:43 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I'm a bit behind on the news, but welcome back vyn. I see you got your posts back and contributor star, now that I know it's really you. :)

As for the focus attack, I suggest you keep it. I yet too have any characters with very good coded focus attacks as yours. Plus, it helps a lot when you're at a disadvantage.

True, well thank you random ninja admins for that.

ok ill keep focus attack, i guess that means zero counter and parry are gone. not sure what sprites im gonna use for that, evil ryu focus attack from sfiv is pretty wild but the sprites in cvs are so stiff.

is it possible to see in this Ryu Hadou Combo? like your old Savage Ryu  I loved that attack.

i dont think ill have it in this version but he has axe kick and misogi which are pretty cool too but ill keep it in mind, i promise.

please   SHAre  LINK   when U DONE   ASAP   I WOULD LOVE TO DOWNLOAD THIS   RYU           PLEASE HURRY =)

haha ok mate

#39  June 05, 2014, 08:17:53 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
For some reason I'm having a really hard time finding where he posted it but @Felo_Llop: made a focus attack for Ryu. It's not perfect but if you could make some tweaks it'd be great!

vyn

#40  June 06, 2014, 02:29:59 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
For some reason I'm having a really hard time finding where he posted it but @Felo_Llop: made a focus attack for Ryu. It's not perfect but if you could make some tweaks it'd be great!

is that the edits i saw in your Ryu wip?? i tried downloading the .sff to see the edits but the file wont work, any chance i could get some of dat .sff??