YesNoOk

Confused on why I'm in the shit thread after I kept threatening to shit (Read 2357703 times)

Started by Do not even ask, October 28, 2012, 10:37:23 am
Share this topic:
Re: Somebody goofed
#5001  December 26, 2014, 09:55:32 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Personally, I'm with Shulk on Wlan's characters. I like them better than Doug's/MOC's stuff because I can win more with his stuff. And also personally, they're kinda fun in a silly way.

Weird cause WlanmaniaX's characters BARELY feel like a fighting game, sprites fuck up the range pretty bad and, you know what, it's useless to point it out, Umezono said it best.

Can you just disjoint the hitbox if the reach is too small? At least Smash Bros did that.

What the chain smoking Christ are you taking about kid about disjointing the hitbox and I'm assuming when you mean Smash Bros you mean Super Smash Bros brawl then I don't think it would help anyways.

P.S.  WlanmaniaX's characters make Infinite's old MvC edits feel more like what an actual fighting game character is suppose to feel like in comparison.
#5002  December 26, 2014, 10:09:33 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
#5003  December 26, 2014, 10:32:18 pm
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Personally, I'm with Shulk on Wlan's characters. I like them better than Doug's/MOC's stuff because I can win more with his stuff. And also personally, they're kinda fun in a silly way.

Weird cause WlanmaniaX's characters BARELY feel like a fighting game, sprites fuck up the range pretty bad and, you know what, it's useless to point it out, Umezono said it best.

Can you just disjoint the hitbox if the reach is too small? At least Smash Bros did that.
Disjointed is when it is a weapon that acts as an extension of the arm. It creates priority on he weapon users part and trumps those without.

What you meant to say is this, right?

The hitbox being a bit larger than the fist itself is not inherently bad in the context of an attack with no range. However, if you had a jab or a kick that extended out and then had a hitbox that extended out beyond the fist/foot at the same length as this example, I would see that as bad placement.
#5004  December 26, 2014, 10:39:29 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
So, if you had a sword character in the middle of a punch, who gets hit in the sword by a melee character, and then it actually counts, is that disjointed hitboxes?
#5005  December 26, 2014, 10:41:20 pm
  • Now it's Pip time!
    • USA
    • yourdeadguy@gmail.com
    • Skype - iwillkillyou1337
Sorry. I tend to forget Smash bros' technical names.

So, in your opinion, is this hitbox fine to you? The arm can't extend  more than it is now and she is a pretty short character so I had no choice.

WIP:
Littlepip - 25%
#5006  December 26, 2014, 10:47:25 pm
    • USA
So, if you had a sword character in the middle of a punch, who gets hit in the sword by a melee character, and then it actually counts, is that disjointed hitboxes?
In an example like Smash Bros, characters with weapons aren't hit when something strikes the weapon. It's completely different from fighting games like The Last Blade where the swords are recognized as an extension of the body so it can allow for clashes.

Sorry. I tend to forget Smash bros' technical names.

So, in your opinion, is this hitbox fine to you? The arm can't extend  more than it is now and she is a pretty short character so I had no choice.

I'm not really the all knowing one when it comes to balanced collisions, but it's not terrible. Shorten it a bit. The hardest thing when it comes to collisions is building them in a balanced manner, even if it means you are put at a disadvantage. As long as the arm's boxes are a bit longer than your head's, then it would be fine and would trade fairly.
#5007  December 26, 2014, 11:19:24 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
that hitbox doesnt make much sense if its just one normal, needs to be shortened
#5008  December 26, 2014, 11:26:42 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
you can also squash and stretch the character's limbs which is very appropriate for cartoons
#5009  December 26, 2014, 11:31:03 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
With a character like that Pony with limited range I'd make the CLSN2 on her head cover much less of the front portion of the head.

And be sure that you adjust the width accordingly if you do. It would give attacks more reach. Yes you'd have to strike deeper into yhe head but in game it wouldn't look wrong.
#5010  December 27, 2014, 01:01:49 am
  • Now it's Pip time!
    • USA
    • yourdeadguy@gmail.com
With a character like that Pony with limited range I'd make the CLSN2 on her head cover much less of the front portion of the head.

And be sure that you adjust the width accordingly if you do. It would give attacks more reach. Yes you'd have to strike deeper into yhe head but in game it wouldn't look wrong.

[Definitely not fanboying over the creator of my favorite MUGEN character DBK commented on one of my posts AFK]  As much as I hate having to give half the head collision, it works great.
WIP:
Littlepip - 25%
#5011  December 27, 2014, 01:11:53 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
He didnt create DBK, thats The_None lol
#5012  December 27, 2014, 01:14:15 am
  • Now it's Pip time!
    • USA
    • yourdeadguy@gmail.com
He didnt create DBK, thats The_None lol

JustNoPoint is a site name. The_None's characters are mostly on there. The_None is the only person who posts on the front page. So I assume JNP is The_None.
WIP:
Littlepip - 25%
#5013  December 27, 2014, 01:24:16 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
justnopoint.com is jnp's website and he hosts the_none and aokmaniac/davod sirloin on it. the_none has his own account here which he posts release through and goes by the name the_none. theyre not the same person.
#5014  December 27, 2014, 01:32:11 am
  • Now it's Pip time!
    • USA
    • yourdeadguy@gmail.com
Who do you think is the most overused Mugen character (By player and AI) of all time (or by years)? They can be badly made characters or goodly made characters.

2009 (When I first used MUGEN) -  Homer Simpson (Thanks, JSpear.), *Insert cheap Ronald Mcdonald Edit here* by a bunch of unoriginals, Mario by Hanyou
2010 - AVGN, Angry Joe, Nostalgia Critic, Goku by Cybaster (So overused, it became a character in a Smash Bros fan game.),
2011 - DeeBeeKaw by TheNone, Goku Z2,
2012 - Rainbow Dash by Rockrage, New and Old Daniel by Daniel9x7
2013 - Spongebob by PlaceMario, Josh Geary by Josh Geary (Shut up about this guy), George Goodlake by Wlanmaniax
2014 - Aladdin by DJ_Hannibalroyce, Twilight Sparkle by Ralord

Again, most of them are good characters. They don't have to be badly made.

[I know I made a bunch of topics here, but I love to ask people questions.]
WIP:
Littlepip - 25%
Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:04:22 am by Shulk
#5015  December 27, 2014, 01:33:12 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
At your service, making everything confusing since 2008!
* Davod Sirloin congratulates himself

Since I have no idea what constitutes an underrated opinion I will give you an unpopular one instead.
There is no such thing as a correct hitbox, there are only obviously incorrect ones.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.
#5016  December 27, 2014, 01:34:21 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Ryu. Or KFM edits, or TH edits, or Orochi edits or even Ronald McDonald. You forgot Super Mario, Jellypus and Evil Ken, though.
#5017  December 27, 2014, 01:35:48 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yep.
I'm not The_None. I just pay the bills so you can enjoy his (and others') works!

As for the CLSNs. That's a typical error people make. Assuming that all of the sprites should be hit-able.
With odd shaped characters like this it's not uncommon for even things such as their faces to not have blue CLSN. CLSN is more about functionality than covering the sprites. Heck in some instances the attacks don't have the red CLSN near the attacking limbs in commercial games.
#5018  December 27, 2014, 01:38:58 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
How is makedust a hidden piece of code? It's right there in the docs. Also deprecated from the olden days. I still like it though because the dust sprite they have is nice for little kickups of it.
MakeDust

This controller is deprecated; use the Explod controller.

Creates dust effects.

Required parameters:
    none
Optional parameters:

pos = x_pos, y_pos (int)
        Specifies the position that the dust should be drawn at, relative to the player's axis. Defaults to 0,0.
    pos2 = x_pos, y_pos (float)
        Specifies the position to simultaneously draw a second dust cloud at. If omitted, the second dust cloud is not drawn.
    spacing = value (int)
        Determines the number of frames to wait between drawing dust clouds. For instance, spacing = 3 (the default) will draw a new cloud of dust every third frame. spacing should be 1 or greater.

Example:
    none

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5019  December 27, 2014, 01:40:09 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i dont think anything there but dbk and homer really count. like i cant say the majority of us over here were using spongebob, rainbow dash and aladdin. aladdin maybe but the other two are more the youtuber's thing
#5020  December 27, 2014, 01:47:37 am
    • USA
Oh man, I haven't used makedust in years. It does pull it from the fightfx, right? I always had issues with that because the dust is usually different when you move from one screenpack/lifebars to another.