YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 743682 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1201  June 11, 2021, 08:41:07 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Luong is kinda meh, Xanadu is... ok. I would be happy to see Dinosaur or Sylvie, actually.

Ay yo, quick little theory:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Thats cool Theory you got there, I saw Maximallian Dood's reaction on Luong's reveal and he guessed Sylvie possibly being there next week, I mean Yeah anything goes...
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#1202  June 11, 2021, 11:34:24 pm
sylvie isn't that bad play style wise she's cool and i do love the idea of sylvie being teamed up with angel and other former nests crew.
#1203  June 14, 2021, 05:22:35 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#1204  June 14, 2021, 05:55:26 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
sylvie isn't that bad play style wise she's cool and i do love the idea of sylvie being teamed up with angel and other former nests crew.

who would be the third on a sylvie/angel team? couldn't see diana or foxy not being on a team with kula, so i'd guess candy or even nameless. or just someone new, tho i'd doubt they'd come up with another NESTS remnant again after sylvie.
#1205  June 14, 2021, 06:55:14 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#1206  June 14, 2021, 01:19:17 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
I always theorized that Luong might be a villainess in disguise, but putting on a caring face.

She's very mysterious and it's weird she was ever added into the roster in the first place despite only being "Kim's master's GF".
Her origin is unknown, her fighting style is unknown and her motivations to fight in the tournament only because her BF wants to fight is kind of weird and uncalled for.

I think she has an agenda and she may reveal herself to be an evil person in the end. We never had those kind of characters in KOF before.
#1207  June 14, 2021, 01:41:35 pm
    • Netherlands
Don't forget that Kim can canonically sense evil. If she had bad intentions I think he would've picked up on it.
#1208  June 14, 2021, 03:31:33 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Good point, but I think Kim's "sense of justice" is a bit subjective. He doesn't sense evil with Chang and Choi when they turned evil again.
I'd like to think that Kim's interactions with Luong is a shallow one and unless she discloses more of her true intentions/colors, we'll never really know what's up with her motifs.

Kukri looks evil, but we find out he's working for Elizabeth as a good guy.
I wish Luong was the opposite, but that may be a bit too cliche hahaha.
#1209  June 14, 2021, 03:42:32 pm
Tbh, kinda tired seeing chars from XIV, give me something to get excited about, though I do want Rock to come back.
Who cares about lore bring back fucking Omega Rugal or somethig ffs, I could give two shits about Yuri and the like.

At least we got Shermie,Yashiro etc.

#1210  June 14, 2021, 04:34:35 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 04:44:55 pm by yaret
#1211  June 14, 2021, 06:54:32 pm
Gang-Il and Luong were definitely created to put a bit more irony and some comedy in Kim's role. He's all about justice and reforming criminals, and it turns out his master is a sleazebag that almost looks like a lazy drunk (but apparently super skilled) hitching himself up with some weirdo he met an hour ago just because she had big fat honkers, they're clearly dubious people - not villains, no, but the kind of sadist that doesn't care about petty things like law or justice and make fun of Kim's justice, like parents waiting for their kid to come out of "that phase". They're the opposite of Chang and Choi to Kim. I'm 100% certain that both of their characters go not a single step further than that, and that's completely fine with me. I like them.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 06:59:01 pm by Byakko
#1212  June 14, 2021, 08:10:26 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Gang-Il and Luong were definitely created to put a bit more irony and some comedy in Kim's role. He's all about justice and reforming criminals, and it turns out his master is a sleazebag that almost looks like a lazy drunk (but apparently super skilled) hitching himself up with some weirdo he met an hour ago just because she had big fat honkers, they're clearly dubious people - not villains, no, but the kind of sadist that doesn't care about petty things like law or justice and make fun of Kim's justice, like parents waiting for their kid to come out of "that phase". They're the opposite of Chang and Choi to Kim. I'm 100% certain that both of their characters go not a single step further than that, and that's completely fine with me. I like them.

I would like to agree, but Luong's profile literally says: "Luong is a “femme fatal” type woman fighter with mysterious motivations."

I think it alludes to smth more than her being just Kim's master's lover.
She only met Gang-Il recently. She clearly doesn't share Kim's morals. She has no personal gain in helping Kim or Gang-Il. I think she's really cooking up smth.

Hopefully KOF 15 brings more lore to the table than what's currently on offer.
#1213  June 14, 2021, 08:52:10 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
nahhh, more likely they are just there to act as a comedic foil to kim

theyve been dropping these open ended tidbits for a long time, but as far as kof goes they never develop characters that aren't the explicit main focus of the arc. bao is a good example. nelson's arm is another good one- though it does get developed in the manga.
#1214  June 14, 2021, 09:14:38 pm
    • Mexico
In 26+ years of games only about 10% of the cast of KoF has gotten any kind of character development so yup, I'm with y'all saying that there's nothing more to Luong.
#1215  June 15, 2021, 12:34:12 am
She only met Gang-Il recently. She clearly doesn't share Kim's morals. She has no personal gain in helping Kim or Gang-Il.
That's the joke. Gang-Il picked her up on a whim because boobs and she turns out to be super shady, that's what's funny. The "mysterious motivations" is just a throwaway line.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1216  June 15, 2021, 06:27:50 am
I always theorized that Luong might be a villainess in disguise, but putting on a caring face.

She's very mysterious and it's weird she was ever added into the roster in the first place despite only being "Kim's master's GF".
Her origin is unknown, her fighting style is unknown and her motivations to fight in the tournament only because her BF wants to fight is kind of weird and uncalled for.

I think she has an agenda and she may reveal herself to be an evil person in the end. We never had those kind of characters in KOF before.

orochi luong confirmed?
#1217  June 15, 2021, 08:04:16 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
lol lol lol.
When did KOF's lore become such a joke to the KOF community hahaha
#1218  June 15, 2021, 09:25:58 am
At least with Bao, the dragon arc, the Hizoku, Those From The Past... and before that, the fanbase turning everyone into an Orochi xyz character.
#1219  June 15, 2021, 09:50:45 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.

orochi luong confirmed?

Well she interacted with Shermie, though you could say given that she interacted before in SNK Gal Tag Team Frenzy. There might be a chance that they know from the... but I think speculation should be reserved after the game.
PLUS...we can MUGENIZE her once there is full 2d version available...
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 09:56:42 am by Segatron
#1220  June 15, 2021, 03:14:03 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
KOF lore is treated as a joke by SNK themselves