YesNoOk

Street Fighter X Megaman (Read 14373 times)

Started by ESFAndy011, December 09, 2012, 06:07:24 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter X Megaman
#21  December 09, 2012, 03:26:16 pm
rewrite that post into something readable tia

also i havent said anything about the game itself so "im glad your not making the game" is a really fucking terrible attempt at a burn here
#22  December 09, 2012, 03:29:52 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
speak for yourself, most people don't give of another megaman game, because 3 game were cancelled, not putting megaman on MVC3 and the creator left capcom and megaman behind. i'm glad you're not making the game.
I think you're being a bit unreasonable.
#23  December 09, 2012, 03:46:44 pm
#24  December 09, 2012, 07:26:58 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
This is technically a freeware fan game. Much like the SOR Remake but the right holders aren't bitching about it. I consider this just another one of capcom's "fuck you fanboys." Anyone who is at the final stages of denial will start flocking to this. Yes you are helping a decent game maker into the development community, however you're responding to capcom's trolling.
#25  December 09, 2012, 07:53:49 pm
    • Peru
that sound blanka made lol reminded me of that character aok made btw wrong section

Derp, my apologies. :P

Anyway, yeah, I can understand some of the Megaman fans being suspicious and cautious about this whole thing. But you know what? Just download it. If it doesn't change Capcom or make Capcom realize their old company is what pleases the fans moreso than their new ways, then things can't be worse than they already are and you got yourself a good old-school Megaman game, free of charge. What have you got to lose here?

It's rather silly not to get the game because "you're responding to capcom's trolling" or whatever... seriously?

The trick here, people, is that you don't hold your breaths because of a freeware fan-made game. I, for one, am still in fuck-you-capcom-mode (though considerably less, because I suppose this was a nice gesture and all) until I see improvement that they are entirely responsible for instead of a fan. See what happens after this, and then see if it's worth having faith in Capcom again.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#26  December 09, 2012, 08:39:39 pm
I consider this just another one of capcom's "fuck you fanboys."
i believe capcom's latest output has been for the most part garbage but how the fuck does embracing a fangame mean FUCK YOU FANBOYS. how is it even trolling
#27  December 09, 2012, 09:26:54 pm
God I really suck at explaining my point.

I'm just saying that it is okay to download/purchase the game if you enjoy megaman. But I would understand that also capcom employed a fan of the series instead of incorporating the ideas into something more polished. Titlin made a comment about capcom using mugen and this isn't really far from that. I understand that it is an 8 bit game and there isn't such a thing as a polished game from that time but the work is shown from the end results.

I'm not a fan of megaman but I can feel the lack of invested interest from capcom as a lethargic attempt. They appear to have simply slapped their watermark (so to speak) on this game. And the feeling of trolling comes from their habit of creating hype just to rouse excitement for a game not worth its weight in paper. I know I am being hypercritical but I'm just disillusioned by capcom as most are growing to be.

I really hope I am wrong on this but it feels like the carrot at the end of a stick. I really REALLY hope I'm wrong on this. The fan base is always going to be a pain in the ass but it is sometimes better to not and say we did.

I hope I made my previous post a little clearer. I'm not trying to bait at anything but I am trying to address what other people may be thinking.
#28  December 09, 2012, 09:33:56 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
IMO it kinda' sucks when you see Capcom (of America, mind you) embracing specifically one of many fangames because the franchise is dead. It's just a painful reminder for hopefuls and fans alike that we have to rely on diehard fans for new experiences of the franchise that ironically consist of the same old shit. I know that if it ain't broke you don't fix it, but always seeing 8-bit Megaman fangame after 8-bit Megaman fangame gets quite monotonous, even when it's made out of love. Because honestly it feels quite lazy.

Doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to play this though. Aegis Reflector 2gud
#29  December 09, 2012, 09:40:42 pm
That's exactly the kind of thing I'm referencing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets this feeling from it.
#30  December 09, 2012, 09:48:28 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
Guys, this is still the START of the 25th anniversary, i think we should wait a bit before judging Capcom on how well they did with the anniversary. Hopefully we could get a new megaman game in 3d and graphics that belong to this decade, or  a 2d megaman with evolved mechanics. (unlike xover, which was the exact opposite) Besides, Capcom has helped at least  a bit with  Street fighter x megaman. And just because megamans name isn't first in street fighter x megaman, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. street fighters anniversary ends with them getting annihilated by megaman, who ignores the first law of robotics, kills the street fighters, and takes their powers too.   
#31  December 09, 2012, 10:16:11 pm
    • USA
Its a FREE game made by a fan who has gained the support of Capcom. Why are people angry again?
#32  December 09, 2012, 11:09:42 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
No one's angry, though.
You guys should really stop jumping the gun.
#33  December 09, 2012, 11:48:56 pm
I'm not disappointed in the project itself. I'm disappointed about Capcom's decision to take a fan game as an official release as part of the 25th anniversary special.
Also disappointed that the fact that it's free. Capcom is only hurting themselves to make the game free if they need the money to run a business. But I guess it's pretty much a given, that the game was a fan game to begin with.

Do you work for Capcom or are you the worst consumer ever?
They've got enough money from their other franchises.

Spoiler: Your signature is oversized. Please read the rules next time. (click to see content)
#34  December 09, 2012, 11:50:38 pm
i think i understand people looking at the negatives of this (capcom using this as a copout instead of actually doing something themselves with their own goddamn property), but i'd rather look at the positive (capcom embracing and boosting the popularity of a fangame instead of shutting it down like sega would) because compared to other things like their dlc disasters, re6 and the abortion that DmC is looking like, this isn't that bad.
#35  December 10, 2012, 12:19:39 am
I'm going to grab the game, because it looks neat, but I'm annoyed Capcom didn't make it more clear this was a fangame (I had no idea until someone told me), and if they think this is going to buy good will from me, it won't. It would have, a bit, if they had actually made it; it would have meant they were heading in a more consumer-friendly direction. This is more them just taking credit for something that isn't theirs, but that's no reason not to play the game.
#36  December 10, 2012, 12:44:48 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
This is more them just taking credit for something that isn't theirs, but that's no reason not to play the game.
That's a pretty dangerous thing to say seeing as Megaman is still owned by them and I don't see them claiming complete ownership of this game either.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#37  December 10, 2012, 12:46:14 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
well, this will be interesting, will there be a m.bison final boss in this
#38  December 10, 2012, 01:04:08 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
sheesh, can people just be happy someone is spending time on a megaman game in general? and capcom is NOT being dicks and shutting the thing down?

We know capcom has done megaman dirty lately as well as fucking up so much other stuff. But it'd be nice if we could just stick to how the possibility of how fun this will be, plus it's free. Everything doesn't need to turn into people wagging their finger at capcom in disappointment.

DMK

#39  December 10, 2012, 02:20:17 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Looks like a lot of fun and with a lot of thought put into it, should be very interesting to play. May of enjoyed them releasing some older Megaman titles as well, maybe in some kind of anniversary pack, on PSN or XBLA.
#40  December 10, 2012, 02:39:54 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Looks like a lot of fun and with a lot of thought put into it, should be very interesting to play. May of enjoyed them releasing some older Megaman titles as well, maybe in some kind of anniversary pack, on PSN or XBLA.

You know they probably could have ported the PS2/XBox packs, come to think of it. Although I'm sure there would have been much wailing and gnashing of teeth about Capcom not bothering to update the menus or whatever.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time