YesNoOk

Streets of Rage 2 Bonus Game + 12 Chars (Updated 6/30/2022) (Read 906340 times)

Started by K-Fox, September 05, 2014, 04:51:54 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Streets of Rage 2 Bonus Game
#41  September 24, 2014, 11:00:23 pm
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
pretty big bag for an update but thanks for being back With your perfect bonus game :D
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#42  September 25, 2014, 01:20:50 am
    • USA
Played the first part of your character. In case anyone wanted to see. Maybe you'll notice some bugs. By the way I had it set to "Mania" difficulty, but I didn't really notice a difference?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Have you ever thought of making a full stage type thing? Basically like this below. Where it works as if it were a real beat em up.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sidescrolling-template-mugen-updated-115984.0.html
Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:27:44 pm by ShinRei
#43  September 25, 2014, 04:05:39 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Nice!

Love the update with armed Donovan & Garcia!

Shouldn´t Rocket have some jet engine sounds on his attacks too?
#44  September 25, 2014, 07:34:41 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Played the first part of your character. In case anyone wanted to see. Maybe you'll notice some bugs. By the way I had it set to "Mania" difficulty, but I didn't really notice a difference?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Great video! Some of the reasons I think you didn't see a difference in the Mania difficulty are:

1. Damage dealt by enemies is not affected by difficulty. You'll always take the same amount of damage from enemies no matter what difficulty you are playing on. Difficulty only affects Max Life, Attack Rate, and Walk Speed of all enemies. Zamza and Abadede also run faster.

2. The change in attack rate is a bit low, even on Mania difficulty. You can adjust this with the Config options. Look for this:

Code:
;Extra Enemy Intelligence. Set this value higher than 0 to increase the rate at which enemies react.
;Set to a negative value to decrease enemy reaction speed.
;Default is 0. Best to keep it between -20 and 20.
[State 5900, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = RoundNo = 1
v = 52
value = 0;<-- Change this value
ignorehitpause = 1
persistent = 0

Set it to 20 for a much higher enemy attack rate. If that isn't enough, you can set it up to 40.

Also, that Axel is quite strong. That may be another reason why you didn't see a difference in difficulty.

Have you ever thought of making a full stage type thing? Basically like this below. Where it works as if it were a real beat em up.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sidescrolling-template-mugen-updated-115984.0.html

That would be cool, although I think I'll keep it like this. Less of a hassle since you can play on any stage.

Nice!

Love the update with armed Donovan & Garcia!

Shouldn´t Rocket have some jet engine sounds on his attacks too?

Thanks. Did Rocket have sounds on his attacks? I don't remember, but I guess I could add the 'Jet' sound so he doesn't seem so... quiet.
-----
EDIT: New version:
EDIT 2: Now an older version.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zgf4qwbnivj6re/SoRC9.zip

Changes:
1. Invincible time for all enemies after they get up increased, especially for Jet. Should give them a better chance to fight
back. Note that normal enemies won't flicker like bosses do.
2. Barbon's punch is faster.
3. Barbon now only uses his Kick (Not the roundhouse) as an anti-air attack. The kick also now causes fall.
4. Donovan's Double Downward Punch and Pipe attack deal more damage. Hit sound of x2 Punch also changed.
5. Damage taken by guarding enemies tweaked again.

6. Abadede's Dash Punch now has a short cooldown.
7. Mr.X has a cooldown that prevents him from attacking as soon as he exits his intro.
8. Kusanagi's max Life increased. (400 on normal difficulty, was 250)
9. Fog's max Life increased. (300 on normal difficulty, was 225)
10. Zamza continues to jump even after knocking you down. Keeps him moving and stops annoying event where if you got
stuck in a corner, he wouldn't move, making escaping the corner a real pain.
11. Sound effect added to Rocket's Flying Punch and Divekick attacks.

12. Added an option to "SetConfig" file that allows all enemies (Except Particle/Molecule) to pick up items.
Effects for enemies are:

--Non-Boss

Apple: Enemy regains up to 334 Life.
Chicken: Enemy regains up to 1000 Life.
1-Up: Enemy Max Life increases by 1000. Enemy also gains 1000 Life.
Sack of Cash/Gold Bars: No effect. Enemy simply picks them up to keep you from getting them.

--Boss

Apple: Boss regains up to 111 Life.
Chicken: Boss regains up to 333 Life.
1-Up: Boss Max Life increases by 200. Boss also gains 200 Life.
Sack of Cash/Gold Bars: Same as non-boss enemies.

Note: Jet/Rocket can pick up items during their Flying Punch attack. Zamza and Abadede can pick up items while running.
Chance of enemies picking up items is affected by difficultly. Also, standing close to Jet when he picks up an item will
cause him to rocket upwards (invincible) to avoid getting hit.

Also, I just realized I forgot to disable the Enemy pick-up setting before uploading the new version. Be sure you disable it in the "SetConfig" file if you don't want enemies picking up items. You'll also see an option that allows Jet to use additional attacks. It doesn't actually do anything yet.
Sometimes I listen to video game music more than I actually play the game.
Check out my Bonus Game & Characters!: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-11-chars-162092.0.html
IKEMEN Version: https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-ikemen-version-update-728-196297.0.html
Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 09:28:54 pm by K-Fox
#45  October 05, 2014, 01:04:21 am
    • Germany
Thanks for the new update.

Will test and give some feedback.

EDIT:
Love the configurability!

Some feedback...

- Shiva blocked the knock down when P1 is respawning after being KO'd  :o
 - never realized, but Jet & Zamza team boss fight, Jet has no jet sound effect on his attacks
#46  October 05, 2014, 09:02:33 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
- Shiva blocked the knock down when P1 is respawning after being KO'd  :o

Yeah, I know why. When you jump back in from being KO'd, an invisible helper is created with this HitDef in order to knock down enemies:

Code:
[State 200, 1]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = Time = 2
attr = A, NP
damage = 0,0
guardflag = MA
hitflag = MA
priority = 2, Hit
pausetime = 2,2
guard.pausetime = 4,2
sparkno = -1
;sparkxy = -10,0
numhits = 0
hitsound = -1
guardsound = -1
ground.type = Trip
ground.slidetime = 3
ground.hittime  = 6
ground.velocity = 0,-6
guard.velocity = 0
air.type = Trip
air.velocity = 0,-6
airguard.velocity = 0,-6
air.hittime = 6
fall = 1
fall.recover = 0
y.accel = 0.1
affectteam = F

It works, except I forgot about enemies that can block. They can guard this hit and not be knocked down. I just fixed this so that the enemies now use a ChangeState to go to a knockdown state instead of being hit by this Helper when you get KO'd. I'll post the new version after I change a few other things.

- never realized, but Jet & Zamza team boss fight, Jet has no jet sound effect on his attacks

I'll add the sound effect in the next version.

Also, I've been thinking of adding a cool little feature for the enemies. It would cause the enemies to sometimes have a special "ability" that changes their Life, Attack, Defense, and Speed, as well as add special effects. Some ideas I have are:

Regeneration: The enemy would regenerate Life anytime they aren't being hit.
Armored: The enemy takes less damage but also moves slower.
Berserk: The enemy deals 50% more damage, but also takes 50% more damage.
Anti-Projectile: The enemy can't be hit by projectile attacks.
Evasion: When you hit this enemy, they randomly take less damage from the hit or sometimes none at all.

Enemies with special effects would be worth more points. Bosses wouldn't ever have these effects, otherwise they could become very difficult to defeat. If an enemy has a special ability, a small icon would appear next to their lifebar. Of course, there would be an option in the SetConfig file that lets you choose whether you want enemies with special effects to appear or not. Good idea?
Check out my Bonus Game & Characters!: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-11-chars-162092.0.html
IKEMEN Version: https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-ikemen-version-update-728-196297.0.html
#47  October 05, 2014, 10:34:13 pm
    • Germany
Evasion: When you hit this enemy, they randomly take less damage from the hit or sometimes none at all.

Enemies with special effects would be worth more points. Bosses wouldn't ever have these effects, otherwise they could become very difficult to defeat. If an enemy has a special ability, a small icon would appear next to their lifebar. Of course, there would be an option in the SetConfig file that lets you choose whether you want enemies with special effects to appear or not. Good idea?

Yeah, I like it.
How about adding a color aura to the enemy too...
P.e. green aura would be "Regeneration", blue "Armor", red "Berserk", white "Anti-Projectile" & yellow "Evasion"?

Another suggestion...
Possible weapon pick up for the enemies after Garcia, Donovan, or Jack lose their weapons?
Like Roo in SoR3, P1 can´t pick up the weapon. He would drop it like the boxing kangaroo, but (source game accurate or not) after 3 times (or so) trying to pick the weapon up it would vanish, preventing the enimies to rearm.
#48  October 06, 2014, 02:49:50 am
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
    • http://mrpr1993.deviantart.com/
Awesome!

Hm... this should be added on the MUGEN wiki...
CURRENT PROJECTS:
-Characters: Vera Trappz (OC)
-Stages: Springfield Town Square (Update)

IDEAS I HAVE:
-Characters: Mona-Lisa (OC), Danny Phantom, Betty Boop, Kim Possible, Aladdin, Oggy, NEW! Cartoon Guy
-Stages: Toon World (Cartoon Guy), End Of The World
#49  October 06, 2014, 09:27:29 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Alright, here is a quick update:
EDIT: Older version.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pszvlzc6y695pp9/SoRC10.zip

Changes:

1. Changed the way enemies get knocked down after you get KO'd. Fixes issue with enemies blocking the knockdown.
2. Fog can now only have 1 grenade onscreen at a time. Prevents grenade spam.
3. Added sounds to Jet's Flying Punch and DiveKick attacks.
4. Electra may now jump backwards to avoid getting hit. She won't do this if you are real close to her. Also, if
you stay close to her as she gets up, she'll stay on the ground until you move far enough from her.
5. Fixed issue with some enemies using ineffective attacks against airborne players.
6. Y.Signal's Slide Attack covers a slightly bigger distance.
7. If Abadede hits you with the Dash Punch he uses as his intro, he uses his Breaker attack as a taunt. His breaker attack also deals more damage.

Yeah, I like it.
How about adding a color aura to the enemy too...
P.e. green aura would be "Regeneration", blue "Armor", red "Berserk", white "Anti-Projectile" & yellow "Evasion"?

In addition to the aura, I could add some other kind of effects that hover around the enemy, such as green or red + signs for enemies with the regeneration ability, and a small icon that looks like a shield for "Armored" enemies.

Another suggestion...
Possible weapon pick up for the enemies after Garcia, Donovan, or Jack lose their weapons?
Like Roo in SoR3, P1 can´t pick up the weapon. He would drop it like the boxing kangaroo, but (source game accurate or not) after 3 times (or so) trying to pick the weapon up it would vanish, preventing the enimies to rearm.

I think I can make those 3 enemies be able to pick up their weapons after they drop it. For the players, I think what I could do is make the dropped weapons another kind of point item. Maybe 250 points for both the knife and pipe...

Speaking of Roo, I was just thinking of adding him as an enemy. Thing is, he has far more attacks than even bosses do since he is a playable character. I would need to make it so there couldn't be more than 1 Roo onscreen at a time, because 3 Roos would be very, very hard to defeat, especially since I want him to be able to use special attacks like in SoR 3 (Invincible during the special attacks, and can use them to break out of combos.)
Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:23:14 am by K-Fox
#50  October 07, 2014, 12:16:04 am
    • Germany
I think I can make those 3 enemies be able to pick up their weapons after they drop it. For the players, I think what I could do is make the dropped weapons another kind of point item. Maybe 250 points for both the knife and pipe...

Yeah, that would be nice.

Speaking of Roo, I was just thinking of adding him as an enemy. Thing is, he has far more attacks than even bosses do since he is a playable character. I would need to make it so there couldn't be more than 1 Roo onscreen at a time, because 3 Roos would be very, very hard to defeat, especially since I want him to be able to use special attacks like in SoR 3 (Invincible during the special attacks, and can use them to break out of combos.)

Will you add his clown trainer Bruce?
This way you could "restrain" Roo. While Bruce is still there, Roo should have a very limited moveset, but after Bruce is defeated he could go "full power".  :laugh3:
I would even go so far and restrict the Roo as a "one time only" sub-boss...

;D What do you think about Ash, maybe as a sub-boss too?
Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:21:31 am by Staubhold
#51  October 07, 2014, 09:21:31 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Will you add his clown trainer Bruce?
This way you could "restrain" Roo. While Bruce is still there, Roo should have a very limited moveset, but after Bruce is defeated he could go "full power".  :laugh3:
I would even go so far and restrict the Roo as a "one time only" sub-boss...

I suppose I could add Bruce. The idea of Roo going all-out if Bruce is KO'd first sounds good too. Plus, I could add an option that lets you decide whether you fight Bruce & Roo as normal enemies, as mini-bosses, or both. When fighting them as normal enemies, they would have less life. Roo also wouldn't have invincibility during his special attacks.

;D What do you think about Ash, maybe as a sub-boss too?

Ah yes, Ash. The mini-boss who was only present in the Japanese versions of SoR 3 because of... his... looks...

I suppose I could add him too. All I need to do for the mini-bosses is figure out when they should appear. I think sometime after defeating the 2nd boss of each round (which would be Jet, then the Jet/Zamza team) would be good.
#52  October 08, 2014, 03:10:54 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Great release, really thanks for sharing.!
#53  October 08, 2014, 03:41:24 am

Honestly I think this is cool as hell, when I have more time (hopefully tonight) I will download this and give some feed back. Honestly I had been thinking about the exact same thing, side-scrolling beat'em-up bonus stages.... You could probably use final fight characters too, or MK mythology chars, TMNT chars (foot soldiers and those little white robots that run on one wheel and electrocute you), double dragon enemies, there are so many bonus stages that could be made like this, I think this may spark something in the mugen world.
#54  October 15, 2014, 12:37:35 am
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Hi again. Just wanted to say I'm still fixing up this Bonus Game. Wasn't feeling well for the past week but I'm OK now.

The next update, aside from bug fixes and adjustments, will contain Roo and Bruce as normal enemies and as mini-bosses. I'm also going to add Vehelits and Ash as mini-bosses.

I've also been thinking of adding more ways to earn points. Each time I complete the Bonus Game, I save a screenshot. When I look through them, I notice the scores are all very close to each other (Normal difficulty). The main thing that seems to decide whether you get a really high score is the number of gold bar items that appear, as well as the number of 1-up items, since you get 10,000 points instead of an extra life if you already have 9 lives.

I don't like that, since it makes your score somewhat based on luck rather than skill. Not sure what to add or change to fix that. Anyone have any ideas?
#55  October 15, 2014, 12:53:35 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- A multiplier based on the time you take to beat the bonus game.
- Bonus points for the time you take to beat each opponent (you set a timer each time an opponent appears, and add specific points if the opponent is killed quickly).
- Negative points each time you die.
- It's been quite some time I haven't played your game (shame on me), but if combos are possible, bonus points based on number of hits in combos and/or maximum damage dealt to opponents in single combos. Of course, this would advantage certain types of gameplay.
- Bonus points for not using projectiles.
- Bonus points for meeting certain conditions (this can be seen as special "missions" for fun). For example, some huge bonus for not using a single super, for not jumping, for not dying, for not using projectiles, etc.
#56  October 15, 2014, 05:02:53 pm
    • Germany
Hi again. Just wanted to say I'm still fixing up this Bonus Game. Wasn't feeling well for the past week but I'm OK now.

Take your time K-Fox.  :)

Love those bonus ideas Cybaster.
#57  October 15, 2014, 11:14:36 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
- A multiplier based on the time you take to beat the bonus game.
- Bonus points for the time you take to beat each opponent (you set a timer each time an opponent appears, and add specific points if the opponent is killed quickly).
- Negative points each time you die.
- It's been quite some time I haven't played your game (shame on me), but if combos are possible, bonus points based on number of hits in combos and/or maximum damage dealt to opponents in single combos. Of course, this would advantage certain types of gameplay.
- Bonus points for not using projectiles.
- Bonus points for meeting certain conditions (this can be seen as special "missions" for fun). For example, some huge bonus for not using a single super, for not jumping, for not dying, for not using projectiles, etc.

A bonus for finishing quickly could be done, it just would need to be adjusted for different difficulty levels. (On Novice difficulty, you can fly right through each round, but on Chaos, you're looking at 30+ minutes each round.)

The bonus for defeating enemies quickly sounds good. Again, it would need adjusting based on how hard it is to defeat each enemy. (Garcia & Donovan are easy to KO. Y.Signal isn't tough but he has quite a bit of Life. Raven can be very hard to take down due to his high Life and his ability to block attacks.)

For point loss on player KO, I was thinking maybe a loss of about 10% of the current score would be good. Might be needed since you currently don't lose points if you lose a round.

For combos, I think applying a multiplier to points when hitting certain combos could work. Something like this:

4-6 hits: +20% points gained from each hit
7-9 hits: +40% points gained from each hit
10-12 hits: +60% points gained from each hit
13-15 hits: +80% points gained from each hit
16+ hits: +100% points gained from each hit

Gaining extra points for not using projectiles could be done, except helper-type projectiles wouldn't be able to be detected, giving characters who use those type of projectiles an advantage over those that don't use helper-type projectiles (In an ironic twist, all projectiles used by the SoR enemies are helpers.) I'll also see what I can do about the "mission" idea.

Also, progress note. I FINALLY finished Roo's animations. That was a lot! Now I need to add all his attacks. After that, all that is left is Bruce, Vehelits, and Ash.

By the way, something I really want to know. How do you guys handle Jet? He is quite an unique enemy for a beat-em up game. Does his constant flying make him hard to hit? Do you attack him in the air or wait until he gets close to the ground when he uses his Flying Punch or Dive-Kick attacks? Is Rocket just as annoying as Jet?
#58  October 16, 2014, 12:02:45 am
    • Germany
Against Jet...

I use "anti air" Shoryuken-like moves when he´s flying, block his Dive-Kick attacks and retaliate. Is he attacking with his Flying Punch I use projectiles.

Rocket is much easier to handle, cause of his low life.

I love Roo, great to hear that he´s ready.

On Vehelits...

Will you use some SOR fog in this fight?  How about adding the SOR2 "Alien Power" theme against Vehelits?
Ash and his "Kama De Coco" theme?
#59  October 19, 2014, 08:14:19 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Will you use some SOR fog in this fight?  How about adding the SOR2 "Alien Power" theme against Vehelits?
Ash and his "Kama De Coco" theme?

Hmm... I don't know about the fog, since it could conflict with other fog-like effects some stages have, but I can add the Alien Power theme. Ash is also getting his theme.

Progress note: Roo is finished, except I'm still trying to get his Vault to look right. Bruce is also finished. All that is left is Ash and Vehelits. I've also decided to make Roo a normal character, since he seems to have enough attacks. I'll work on him after I finish this update.
#60  October 19, 2014, 11:04:43 pm
    • Germany
Roo a normal character?

What do you mean? Apart from the bonus game as a "normal" char?