YesNoOk

Sakura (CvS2 Reimagining) (Read 5346 times)

Started by jay_ts, August 02, 2020, 05:10:55 am
Share this topic:
Sakura (CvS2 Reimagining)
#1  August 02, 2020, 05:10:55 am
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen

Sakura (CvS2 Reimagining)
Sakura is a young, hard working and energetic high school girl who enjoys delving into the world of street fighting. She first got interested in street fighting when she watched the first World Warrior Tournament (Street Fighter 1) at a young age, and was particularly interested in watching one red haired karateka from Japan named Ryu. After watching him defeat Sagat, and not being concerned about the fact that Ryu almost killed Sagat, she treated him as a childhood hero. She would find Ryu, and defeat him, though Ryu most likely held back. Sakura asked if Ryu could train her, but Ryu declined, saying he still has a lot to learn about himself. He did let Sakura take a picture with him to make up for it though. Ever since then, she's constantly trained, making friends and sparking rivalries along the way.

Sakura's move-set is similar to the average shoto. Her moves do not differ much from her appearance in CvS2, and retains the same BnB (Bread and Butter) combos, however with her EX moves, she can extend these combos and they can do a lot more damage, with EX Shouoken and EX Shunpuukyaku being methods to get a guaranteed Custom Combo BnB, however it does less damage than if the Custom Combo was done stand alone. Sakura also has her Dark Sakura mode from Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, which overall doesn't alter too much. She gains the Sakura Senkuu, aka the Demon Warp, and also has the Raging Demon, which replaces her level 3 Tag Team super. She also loses the level 2 Double Shinkuu Hadouken super, but in return has more powerful attacks and has the EX Shouoken as a normal special, albeit slightly nerfed since it's not an EX move.
Her AI isn't nearly as dangerous as more powerful characters like Dictator, but she is still quite a challenge to defeat.

link
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lvrczpk20mrgvws/file

also I'd love to give a big massive thanks to extravagant for his help in the making of my recent projects. He was willing to beta test my characters for bugs and game-play feel. He was also able to give me insight on the specifics of CvS2, beyond what you'd see in a casual match. The little layer under it where all the magic happens. It was because of him that I was able to make my characters have a much better feel to them, more grounded to their source material than they would have otherwise been had it not been for his feedback. So, extravagant, if you're reading this, thank you for being a very epic gamer and helping a homie out, that is much appreciated : )

i hope you enjoy my work.

for
M.U.G.E.N 1.0/1.1

by
JtheSaltyy

enjoy!
Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 06:22:45 pm by JtheSaltyy
Re: Sakura (CvS2 Reimagining)
#2  August 02, 2020, 06:01:48 am
  • I try to do palettes.
    • Venezuela
I liked your M. Bison. Sakura looks interesting as well, I'll try her out.
#3  August 02, 2020, 04:26:26 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Looking good, bro.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#4  August 02, 2020, 05:26:40 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I went to download your sakura but all I see is sakura by phantom of the server
#5  August 02, 2020, 06:22:22 pm
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
#6  August 03, 2020, 04:15:28 am
    • USA
From what I've seen in the showcase video, this Sakura looks incredibly fun to play as! I'm interested on trying her out. ^_^
#7  August 03, 2020, 09:18:01 am
    • USA
JTheSaltyy makes unique creations, fully capitalizing on Mugen's possibilities. He tends to extract CvS2 data using JZ's hitbox viewer and tools, using that as a foundation but branches off to do his own thing. Trying to avoid the POTS template, JTheSaltyy has worked diligently to do something different. You'll see new moves, different types of cool attacks that never existed before. Which is really cool, and he's getting more experience by the day. I only showed him the CvS2 data hitbox viewer but I owe that credit to Jmorphman because it was him that showed me how to use it, for that I truly grateful and I appreciate. I'm not nearly half as talented as you guys are when it comes to coding, but I can sure play some games and do my best to test things out and give the best feedback I could possibly give.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place