Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#1701  December 30, 2016, 08:46:25 pm
#1702  December 30, 2016, 09:06:47 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
The celebrity death bandwagon pisses me off too, but I can't really express it in an articulate manner other than saying it's a shiton of virtue signaling, so it's probably just me being a contrarian asshole.
#1703  December 30, 2016, 09:11:57 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Since so many more are going to die in the next months and years, maybe a general "celebrity xx died" thread might make sense?

Or a "celebritiy death news that don't deserve their own thread" ?

Might be a bit macabre though.
#1704  December 30, 2016, 09:12:29 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Hey, as a regular old asshole, it all looks like this to me:
#NeverForget Rip In Pepperoni 2009 all over again! smdh100 100 100
[ ] Not Rekt!
[ x ] Rekt!

I wonder how social media will handle world problems and celebrity deaths in 2017? Maybe it will go similar to every other year since the late 2000s atleast:
January: Oh great it's time.CurrentYear-1 all over again.
March: 2017 is shaping up to be a shit year already!
April 1st: John Goodman IS DEAD!
October-December: Fuck 2017!

Thankfully we have a very VERY funny british guy on American TV to remind us of what year it is and what to think of said year. Lest we forget or confuse it with the prior year. Praise be his name..
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1705  December 30, 2016, 09:20:12 pm
#1706  December 30, 2016, 09:27:10 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, we should just let it be. It does sound creepy when you think about it.
#1707  December 30, 2016, 09:28:04 pm
I also think there's some nuance to it all. I would say that a lot of people that the "internet generation" grew up watching and listening to are older now and are at that point. And so these deaths are hitting harder than those of say, ten years ago. It isn't so much more of them are dying, rather it's who exactly they are.

Having said that, I'm not fond of it either. But whatev, I just chalked it up as one of those "internet/social media culture" things, and I try pretty hard to ignore those.
#1708  December 30, 2016, 09:50:43 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I also think there's some nuance to it all. I would say that a lot of people that the "internet generation" grew up watching and listening to are older now and are at that point. And so these deaths are hitting harder than those of say, ten years ago. It isn't so much more of them are dying, rather it's who exactly they are.

Having said that, I'm not fond of it either. But whatev, I just chalked it up as one of those "internet/social media culture" things, and I try pretty hard to ignore those.

This also, I grew up with a lot of these celebrities and it does hit hard when you hear that they pass on. Chyna was one of my favorite female wrestlers back then, and when she died, my heart sank. I wanted to see her have that big match and get that comeback. In the end, it probably never would have happened, but I had hopes for it.
#1709  December 30, 2016, 10:16:18 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
@Niitris: Also that the info is a lot more readily available. In the past, you had to either be watching the news or look at the cover of a magazine to know if someone died. Now you can find out EXACTLY when someone dies and get live helicopter footage of the death scene (ie: Robin Williams).

Also looks like this generation never watched Watership Down and only know it as "that movie with rabbits dying bloody deaths." It's important and has good morals regarding life and death!
#1710  December 30, 2016, 11:45:02 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Or you could read the book.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1711  December 31, 2016, 12:10:13 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
2016 sucked because a friend of mine from the Doom side of things, despite not talking to him in a while, was bludgeoned to death in his own home.

Yeah, it's a bit more personal for me. A bit is more of a understatement actually.
#1712  December 31, 2016, 12:45:49 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Sorry to hear that Orochi Gill. Speaking from experience, it's a tragedy to lose any friends, on or offline.

I don't want to be contrarian, but I think 2016 actually turned out pretty well for me. Personal reasons, obviously, but I guess I can share them.

The biggest for me is that I started a weight loss regimen. I started out 2016 just shy of 300 lbs. Now, I just got below 200 lbs. I still got a ways to go to get to what my doctor says is my ideal BMI (about 30 more lbs) but I'm gonna do my best! And who knows, maybe I'll finally have the nerve to post my ugly mug in the "Post Your Picture" thread lol

Outside of that, I've been working on getting more of a social life, and that's turning out well. Having a mini Pokemon Go group, doing tabletop RPGs, of course weight loss support groups... There's rarely a moment I'm not doing SOMETHING.

And believe it or not, my IRL friends relit my MUGEN fire, so expect to see some more stuff from me in 2017!
#1713  December 31, 2016, 01:00:31 am

youtube is doomed.

oh and on the subject, 2016 was not such a bad year for me either. i graduated from college and i found a job and i met tons of friends throught it.

I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#1714  December 31, 2016, 01:24:50 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
2016 sucked ass for me
I failed to enter college cause I just froze on the entry test and hated myself for spending so much money on private math classes when I ended up failing.My fucking zipper broke on that day too so I ended up walking the city with a zipper wide open while lookin half dead from complete lack of sleep.Good thing I'm probably never going to that city again
I had almost no irl social interaction at all for almost 5 months.
Parents shoved me into a coding course from a facebook ad that costs 120 euroes every month for relatively shitty attempts at teaching students Java. Current teacher sounds like all life has been sucked out of him and I hate following his lectures even tho I relatively like coding.And yea,to top it off I'm pretty bad at coding too.Fuck me

All in all it was pretty shit and 2017 isn't looking any better but at least I'll hopefully get into any college next year
Yea sorry for the blogpost but I saw people postin so I thought it was ok
Personal reasons, obviously
I'm rather confused as to how a year can be good/bad for anyone for any other reason other than personal reasons
Unless the end of the world happened in the same year,all people are gonna base their opinion on the year based on their own personal reasons
Hell even if they think it sucked cause of celebrity deaths they'll still think so because they personally liked those celebrities,so uhh yea
Glad to hear you had a good one tho man
#1715  December 31, 2016, 02:09:40 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
My year has been a mixed bag, on one hand I improved my social skills significantly, making friends and talking to people, etc; on the other hand my grades in college weren't very good in this semester... I got really tired with how stressful it is and went to take a nap almost every afternoon instead of studying. Hopefully I'll be more motivated on studying and get back on track next year.

Edit: as far as celebrities go, I gotta say that while many have unfortunately passed away, not many impacted me... I think Alan Rickman and Anton Yelchin hit me hard the most but not to the point of feeling really sad (I've always admired them as actors though), though to this day the one that hit me the hardest was Paul Walker (yes him, I love the Fast and Furious movie ever since I was a young teen and reading that he died on that day just crushed me, he was just so awesome and it sucks that he is gone).
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:04:53 am by DelusionTrim
#1716  December 31, 2016, 02:27:10 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
First girl I pursued (and first I've ever truly loved, I've come to find) was already in a relationship. Second was married. Third moved off. Prince died, and the fact I had Purple Rain played at my mother's funeral (it was her favorite song) back in 2010 is what really made that one hit hard... then I find out he died due to the same drug that killed her and that only brought back more painful memories.

Fuck 2016, I can't wait to watch it die this weekend.
#1717  December 31, 2016, 03:56:14 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I'm rather confused as to how a year can be good/bad for anyone for any other reason other than personal reasons
Unless the end of the world happened in the same year,all people are gonna base their opinion on the year based on their own personal reasons
Hell even if they think it sucked cause of celebrity deaths they'll still think so because they personally liked those celebrities,so uhh yea
Glad to hear you had a good one tho man
End of the world is a bit stretch here. Many people consider a year bad if some major event beyond their control happens even if they've been relatively happy otherwise. Like wars or big political shifts. Think you're a poor Syrian farmer and in this year you gained three goats and two child brides, you'd be likely to say you had a fairly happy year for personal reasons. But if ISIS takes over your town and starts killing kittens left and right (yeah, they actually do that) 2016 suddenly doesn't look so good, does it?

Many snowflakes consider 2016 the worst year evah not because something bad happened to them personally, or because the flavor of week celebrity they had to google before posting a a misattributed quote on their FB wall bit the dust but because America chose Drumpf and he's literally going to murder all mexicans, muslims and LGBTQIALASERRADARATM with his orange hands.
#1718  December 31, 2016, 04:08:12 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Who will I see at magfest next weekend?Kami, moo, Eli, mc2, kp? We gotta get some drinks this time!
Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:30:00 am by Luis Alejandro
#1719  December 31, 2016, 10:55:49 am
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
#1720  December 31, 2016, 08:25:58 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

So this came out.  The alternative universe closed captions were a funny addition.