Started by IKEISLEGEND, May 30, 2020, 06:50:47 am
Share this topic:
Psycho Power
New #1  May 30, 2020, 06:50:47 am
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master
                      Psycho Ken

Heres  a work in progress video of psycho Ken. Hes is heavy under the influence of Bisons evil energy. He is being manipulated by Dictator in real  time to exploit his fighting prows. This project is inspired by the sf2 animated movie. You know, most of us are under some form of mental attack in which we live life believing that the way we understand reality is correct. In which most things we know about life has been taught to us by someone else and we didnt take the initiative to learn on our own merit. We simply believe what we are taught without a confirmation of truth. This is a type of psychological control, hypnosis if you will which drives us to do and act in ways we wouldnt if we knew different. We are all being dictated in some form, the key to freeing yourself from it is to first realize that you are..........

HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 06:07:24 am by IKEISLEGEND
Re: Psycho Power
#2  May 30, 2020, 09:15:09 am
    • USA
This concept is absolutely incredible, and I really like the whole concept. The expansion of the lore into Violent Ken and Dictator, is a really cool fan made dedication to Violent Ken and SF2 itself. EX moves added, so he's got even more powers than traditional CvS2. I personally would have scaled the Alpha 3 Bison to be a little bit skinnier, or would have just used the CvS2 Dictator if possible, but I do understand why Alpha 3 Bison is used. Alpha 3 Bison has a more iconic spriteset for the mind control stuff. CvS2 Dictator needs his cape if he's gonna be used up there. Overall, cool stuff. Is there focus attack too?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#3  May 30, 2020, 09:19:53 am
its like ken is bison's puppet
#4  May 30, 2020, 09:20:31 am
  • Wandering....
Interesting.

I think it is better that when V-Ken Teleports, Bison also teleports instead of just Bison dashing. Then it should be bison that move first in the end point of teleportation instead of vken.

Do intent that Bison to remote Ken from a far distance and the bison in video is just to represent he is controlled or is it Bison also in area?

Agree with extravagant with A3 Ken.

but A3 ken with short hair without the ponytail, brown gloves and with just purple eye with lighter yellow hair.

Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 09:40:29 am by The Shakunetsu
#5  May 30, 2020, 11:03:54 am
Great idea. My personal opinion is that when ken throws a kick or punch then bison does not need to do that because it looks a bit silly. When ken is charging or doing a super move then that might be ok for bison to do the move. I just think it looks more imposing if bison is just there and looking powerful and maybe teleporting in and out of the match perhaps depending on kens health.  Just an idea though and what do i know..lol :-)
#6  May 30, 2020, 08:53:32 pm
    • USA
This concept is absolutely incredible, and I really like the whole concept. The expansion of the lore into Violent Ken and Dictator, is a really cool fan made dedication to Violent Ken and SF2 itself. EX moves added, so he's got even more powers than traditional CvS2. I personally would have scaled the Alpha 3 Bison to be a little bit skinnier, or would have just used the CvS2 Dictator if possible, but I do understand why Alpha 3 Bison is used. Alpha 3 Bison has a more iconic spriteset for the mind control stuff. CvS2 Dictator needs his cape if he's gonna be used up there. Overall, cool stuff. Is there focus attack too?

The cvs ver of him just doest have the right feel for this task. He wont have a focus attack

Interesting.

I think it is better that when V-Ken Teleports, Bison also teleports instead of just Bison dashing. Then it should be bison that move first in the end point of teleportation instead of vken.

Do intent that Bison to remote Ken from a far distance and the bison in video is just to represent he is controlled or is it Bison also in area?

Agree with extravagant with A3 Ken.

but A3 ken with short hair without the ponytail, brown gloves and with just purple eye with lighter yellow hair.

Bisons presents shows that he has full control of Kens mind through his power.........
HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 08:59:31 pm by IKEISLEGEND
#7  May 30, 2020, 11:44:34 pm
  • Wandering....
#8  May 31, 2020, 12:04:03 am
    • USA
The cvs ver of him just doest have the right feel for this task. He wont have a focus attack

I totally agree with you on that. The current CvS2 Dictator spriteset is designed more stylistically in a regular character context. Like I said, the only way a CvS2 Dictator spriteset would work is if we had some kind and wonderful spriters make enough required frames and draw the CvS2 Bison with the cape on, and have him slightly mimic Alpha 3 Dictator's movements and style, it would be the perfect version to use. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury so Alpha 3 Dictator is the best choice.

That psycho ball projectile instead of the hadouken, is that Marvel/Alpha 3 style projectile?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#9  May 31, 2020, 06:13:21 pm
    • USA
Bisons presents shows that he has full control of Kens mind through his power.........

So that mean he is fighting with ken, and bison has his own hurtbox/hitbox?

Bisons is controlling Ken in real time thats why hes there and thats why they attack simultaneously........ Im thinking about having bison throw his own Projectiles as an Ex move............

I totally agree with you on that. The current CvS2 Dictator spriteset is designed more stylistically in a regular character context. Like I said, the only way a CvS2 Dictator spriteset would work is if we had some kind and wonderful spriters make enough required frames and draw the CvS2 Bison with the cape on, and have him slightly mimic Alpha 3 Dictator's movements and style, it would be the perfect version to use. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury so Alpha 3 Dictator is the best choice.

That psycho ball projectile instead of the hadouken, is that Marvel/Alpha 3 style projectile?

Yea thats a marvel style projectile, he wont be  cvs2 based he will have lots of abilities. Theres a lot I plan to do with this project
HIDDEN BOSS
#10  May 31, 2020, 07:18:21 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
so does the bison have hitboxes or not?
#11  May 31, 2020, 11:45:15 pm
    • USA
HIDDEN BOSS
#12  June 01, 2020, 12:49:43 am

it's great, but being very sincere, it seems to be better if Bison appears as teleport or a helper in some attacks, both at the same time on screen looks a little bit strange.

but i respect your work anyway.
#13  June 01, 2020, 06:58:03 am
    • USA

it's great, but being very sincere, it seems to be better if Bison appears as teleport or a helper in some attacks, both at the same time on screen looks a little bit strange.

but i respect your work anyway.

Hes always on screen because hes manipulating Ken through out the match, thanks for the input

HIDDEN BOSS
#14  June 01, 2020, 09:10:14 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
I loved the Street Fighter Animated movie and I can see that's inspiration for this.

You could have bison break a combo against ken, for e.g. if the opponent has administered over lets say 10 hits to Ken, Bison comes in to break that so that Ken gets time to recover, like an assist. You could also give Bison an aura indicating the psycho drive and also have him move up and down in a floating motion.
#15  June 01, 2020, 06:29:01 pm
  • Wandering....
so does the bison have hitboxes or not?

No Bison cannot be hit he has no CLSN

What do think if you change him a spectral like in presence, like turning him translucent or changing his opacity.

If it is to show his manipulation him controlling in a distance with an indicator is interesting specially if fighting the likes of rose

There another version of Bison when his dead instead the https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Phantom_Bison

but this one is a dead version of him.

So if the bison with Ken is alive, a translucent version or something like a holographic representation will do that is not a phantom bison.
#16  June 02, 2020, 07:24:49 pm
    • USA
I loved the Street Fighter Animated movie and I can see that's inspiration for this.

You could have bison break a combo against ken, for e.g. if the opponent has administered over lets say 10 hits to Ken, Bison comes in to break that so that Ken gets time to recover, like an assist. You could also give Bison an aura indicating the psycho drive and also have him move up and down in a floating motion.

Thanks thats a real cool suggestion with the combo breaking.... I was thinking about an aura  as well nut I cant find any sprites that would fit him. the floating up and down is a cool idea I could try that

update
HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:27:40 am by IKEISLEGEND
#17  January 26, 2021, 10:46:34 am
    • USA
          Psycho Power Update

Been busy working so much Mugen related and IRL, but heres and update to my Psycho Power character. https://streamable.com/gmjkz0. Ive added Bison floating up and down.  Ive added a warp instead of him dashing across the screen.. He now has CLSN so he can beat hit in battle.... He will attack on his own instead of forcing Ken to Attack (they will attack individually).. He now has a Max power stance he also we be about to be koed in battle of damaged enough. If this happens ken will return to his normal state losing the Psycho Power enhancements. Bison will be able to intervene when Ken is being hit

this is a very special character still lots of improvements to be added
HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 03:22:03 pm by IKEISLEGEND
#18  January 27, 2021, 01:58:25 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I think it would be neat if somehow (if he has them) the EX moves/Supers Ken uses would use Bison more in unison, like maybe doing from a tatsu into a knee press, or hadou/shoryu into psycho crusher. I do think his sprite is a bit too distracting when using the moves himself, I think making him look more like a puppeteer may work best, this is really crudely thrown together, but it's just some grab edits with his intro pose. I think something like this may work better if maybe he did something like this whenever Ken attacks, and maybe use the psycho energy effects on his hand (or just a palette effect idk) He could maintain his hand stretched out maybe as long as Ken is actively in combat. The idea is super neat and I think it's interesting for sure, best of luck with this, look forward to seeing more updates!

Maybe instead of such a wide hurtbox, hurting Bison, could use his vanish sprites to dissipate him for a while if he takes too many hits, losing his assistance for a little while, kind of like the stands in the Capcom Jojo game, just an idea.

My rough example of what a few sprite edits can do for making him look like he's conducting Ken.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 02:01:47 am by XANDERAC
#19  January 27, 2021, 02:26:40 am
    • USA
I think it would be neat if somehow (if he has them) the EX moves/Supers Ken uses would use Bison more in unison, like maybe doing from a tatsu into a knee press, or hadou/shoryu into psycho crusher. I do think his sprite is a bit too distracting when using the moves himself, I think making him look more like a puppeteer may work best, this is really crudely thrown together, but it's just some grab edits with his intro pose. I think something like this may work better if maybe he did something like this whenever Ken attacks, and maybe use the psycho energy effects on his hand (or just a palette effect idk) He could maintain his hand stretched out maybe as long as Ken is actively in combat. The idea is super neat and I think it's interesting for sure, best of luck with this, look forward to seeing more updates!

Maybe instead of such a wide hurtbox, hurting Bison, could use his vanish sprites to dissipate him for a while if he takes too many hits, losing his assistance for a little while, kind of like the stands in the Capcom Jojo game, just an idea.

My rough example of what a few sprite edits can do for making him look like he's conducting Ken.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Thanks for the suggestion, I wanted to go with the puppet option at first but if bison can attack at will that willl make him much harder to beat.. He also fights with him iin the sf2 movie..... Bison does lack sprites so it makes it hard to improve I willl be posting more updates soon......

HIDDEN BOSS
#20  January 27, 2021, 08:48:36 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
this is a wild concept. i dig it
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce