YesNoOk

Cody(Final Fight) (Read 112226 times)

Started by Lost_Avenger, July 20, 2012, 12:35:13 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Is Cody overpowered in his current form?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
11 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: September 23, 2012, 04:06:43 am

Re: Cody(Final Fight)
#21  September 27, 2012, 03:49:09 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Ok.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#22  September 30, 2012, 07:35:10 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
why not add last dread dust as his level 3 move?
#23  September 30, 2012, 07:37:05 pm
  • tired
I'm not going to say I'm speaking for LA here, but I think it's because he's already got his EX Ruffian Slide for punishing projectiles.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#24  September 30, 2012, 08:46:26 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
The SF4 version of LDD? I dont have the sprites for that and I dont want to split his level 3 into another super(adding extra hits to his level 2 for his level 3 version). The only reason I might consider splitting is that his current level 3 is pretty useless

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#25  September 30, 2012, 08:47:37 pm
  • tired
Well, useless aside from canceling from Criminal Upper. Frankly, I think that should be its only use, otherwise it'd overshadow level 3 Final Destruction in every way.
#26  September 30, 2012, 08:50:54 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
The other reason being just how different his level 3 LDD is from his level 1 and 2(start up is different too)

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#27  September 30, 2012, 10:47:58 pm
    • Mexico
Well he's not overpowered but he is pretty frustrating to fight. I can't grab him at point blank range most of the time and it may just be me but does he have a lo of blockstun too? And yeah, he throws pebbles all day and they actually beat King's double strike. I find some characters aren't able to handle him up close very well (The aforementioned King being one of them).
#28  September 30, 2012, 10:49:58 pm
  • tired
Yeah, I've seen him pull off some interesting stuff. Also, King isn't exactly the best up close, while Cody is among the best. I've seen him to his Bad Spray and knock some of Ren Idagawa's cans right back at him. I couldn't stop laughing at that. Wait, beat two projectiles? Which King were you using?
#29  October 01, 2012, 02:54:51 am
    • Mexico
Zero's
#30  October 01, 2012, 02:55:09 am
  • tired
Was he using his EX Bad Stone?
#31  October 01, 2012, 02:57:55 am
    • Mexico
No, just his regular stones. They eat both of the projectiles and the low startup let's Cody throw more pebbles before King's strikes that travel above them and hit King. That's my experience most of the time.
#32  October 01, 2012, 02:58:39 am
  • tired
Might be how Double Strike was coded. How does Venom Strike react?
#33  October 01, 2012, 03:01:55 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Well he's not overpowered but he is pretty frustrating to fight. I can't grab him at point blank range most of the time and it may just be me but does he have a lo of blockstun too? And yeah, he throws pebbles all day and they actually beat King's double strike. I find some characters aren't able to handle him up close very well (The aforementioned King being one of them).

yeah, and i tried picking up a knife, by pushing down and the 3-punch buttons
#34  October 01, 2012, 03:03:08 am
    • Mexico
It seems to act normal, though the pebbles go above it. Depends on how you time it. It may just be a bad matchup actually. I can take him with Buckus' Haggar with relative ease.
#35  October 01, 2012, 03:04:01 am
  • tired
Yeah, King's just not a good match-up for Cody. He's an up-close monster, flat out. His Bad Stone is to annoy, build meter, and start combos.
#36  October 01, 2012, 03:24:39 am
    • Mexico
But we both agree on the blockstun, right?
#37  October 01, 2012, 03:26:03 am
  • tired
I don't know, most of his attacks are punishable on block.
#38  October 01, 2012, 03:28:29 am
    • Mexico
Hmm, which ones? I can't punish his slide to save my own life.
#39  October 01, 2012, 03:30:22 am
  • tired
Odd, it's got quite a few negative frames and he moves forward even on block. This would make it easy to punish, since he's wide open. The only of his attacks really safe on block is his EX Ruffian Straight, and that's because it can't be punished if spaced correctly. Criminal Upper leaves him open but pushes him a safe distance back (maybe LA should remove the pushback?).
#40  October 01, 2012, 03:36:35 am
    • Mexico
Well I tried again. I can only punish it with light normals. Not with throws though. And yeah, a little bit less pushback on the Criminal Upper would make it a little more punishable since normally I have to cross him up and it won't always work.