YesNoOk

Cloud Strife, Gouken, B.Jenet, Krauser, Billy Kane -UPDATED (Read 165738 times)

Started by Infinite Daze, February 22, 2013, 04:21:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cloud Strife, Gouken, B.Jenet, Krauser, Billy Kane -UPDATED
#141  March 27, 2013, 10:18:34 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
#142  March 27, 2013, 10:58:00 pm
They don't work. He just does HP and MK. There is no difference with the directional input. f+MP and f+HK work fine.
#143  March 28, 2013, 01:26:52 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
They don't work. He just does HP and MK. There is no difference with the directional input. f+MP and f+HK work fine.
Fixed, but there is no F+MK, only a close MK and a little farther out MK.

Billy updated
#144  March 28, 2013, 01:31:18 am
The readme says there's an F+MK XD

EDIT: Yeah, b+HP works now. Thanks.
New #145  August 02, 2021, 02:12:06 am
    • USA
Hello, I wanted to just report some stuff about Cloud.

1) He has a super where, if I'm still blocking and he mashes that super (preceded by a special + super combo cancel), despite me blocking, I'll somehow get hit, even though I DID block.

2) As you can see, you gave Cloud "godlike" hitboxes, but you made it impossible to trade hits. And if Cloud misses the hit, you made it nearly impossible to punish. In most CvS2 / CFJ games, when you miss a special, there's still at least 1 or 2 frames your character is vulnerable and punishable, with a large extended blue hurtbox (CLSN2) for people who genuinely blocked and wanna punish. What you should do is fix that. If you're going to give him amazing attack priority, you need to at least put way more blue CLSN2's to follow it. What you did, was after the attack, you shrank his CLSN2 punishing frame incredibly smaller than the attack (in the last screenshot), so it's nearly impossible to punish. No Capcom games operate like this, or if it does, it's on rare occassion.

3) Nearly all of your "level 1 supers" are instant startup. Meaning that they are even quicker than a DP. Why does Meteor Rain spawn instantly? No level 1 super should spawn instantly. It needs at least a 5 frame startup. You are giving your level 1 supers the ability to hit instantly, but in original Capcom games only level 3 supers have that kind of priority. (Sometimes level 2)

I'm currently working on an optimized Animation file for Cloud, I'm not necessarily nerfing him, I'm just giving some of the default, run, walk, whiffed punishing frames, more accurate-like Capcom behavior. I'll post it here when I am done.

edit: here's the updated AIR (anim) file
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 08:29:20 am by extravagant
#146  August 02, 2021, 02:20:44 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Can you put Ralf's Galactica Phantom to have super defense when doing it at level 2? most noticeable at 10:42

Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 02:24:04 am by Kamui_Kanjai
#147  August 02, 2021, 04:29:45 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Dudes, what's with the necros? This thread was dead for 8 years!
#148  August 02, 2021, 04:51:59 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Yeah what Trololo said you would be better off PMing  Infinite about the problems of his characters that way you can get a more active response from him then a 8 years old thread.
Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 04:55:48 am by Shadic12