YesNoOk

Rugal_E version 2 released (Read 16504 times)

Started by EvilSlayerX, May 30, 2008, 02:15:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Rugal_E version 1.5
#41  May 31, 2008, 03:53:51 am
Just use a custom effect that matches it, or look in another game with similar effects.   Also making stuff because people will complain about it is stupid.  That's like me going into my neighbors VCR, whipping my penis out and jerking off into it.  No logical reasoning behind it.
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#42  May 31, 2008, 03:58:31 am
  • there r no pretty girls in naruto, just HAWT HAKU
Okay, I'll give you a physical example as of why such things clash.  Look at this.   See how the SF3 Hitsparks and the KoF firesparks don't look alike, and as such, they clash with each other?

Now look at this.  While this DOES have mixing effects (CvS2 and a KOF Super BG), both have been edited to fit.  That's what I'm trying to say.  Unless the effects match, or have been edited to match, they won't look good.

My main problem with that is that some attacks for my characters use sprites from completely different games because I can't find a good sprite in the same game.  So I use sprites from different games, knowing that alot of people will try to bash me for that alone.

You can ask for sprite edits from @ndroide. He made many sprite edits for his Rugal/s like his most current version of God Rugal, which has his SNK attacks, or even his CVS1 Rugal.. I'm sure @ndroide will somehow will lend you a little help with some of his sprite edits.

Also, it would be of great help when you practice more of sprite editing. The way Fong made he KOF2k2 HSDM Hyper BG match well with CVS-ish effects is astounding thanks to good sprite editing.. hopefully you learn and refine that ability.

Also, in terms of damage dealing, I'm surprised that the supers actually deal okay damage (at least the Genocide heaven and the God Press). The real main problem with your damage scaling is that the normal attacks + Special moves seem to have the bad scaling, (A similar problem with LoTF's God Rugal).
#43  May 31, 2008, 04:06:01 am
Two things about that:  Is he open source?  And is he a member of this forum?

Only thing is that I'm nowhere near that level of sprite editing, and I really wouldn't know what to look for at all either.

Yeah, the scaling isn't the best at all, and one of his specials is overpowered against aerial foes and I forgot to change the hitdefs to make sure the overpoweredness was not there.
#44  June 05, 2008, 03:15:10 am
  • Dark Man X
  • TIP EHT FO MOTTOB
Combo system, very original, feels solid and great!
#45  June 05, 2008, 04:46:22 am

Well, thanks.  I'm surprised anybody posted in this topic, I was sure this topic was going to rot and die off(I didn't want that to happen though), just as some people really wanted it to(I believe that such people don't want you guys to know that I even exist).
#46  June 06, 2008, 12:43:20 am

Well, thanks.  I'm surprised anybody posted in this topic, I was sure this topic was going to rot and die off(I didn't want that to happen though), just as some people really wanted it to(I believe that such people don't want you guys to know that I even exist).

Sadly, I know exactly what your talking about, but this isn't the time for that.

Ontopic: Very good creation. Technically he has a bit of trouble against combo-style characters but overall it's a very solid creation.
one small gripe: I think his G.cutter's range on startup should be a bit longer. by about an 8th of an inch.(I know I'm a little picky, but most of the KOF grugal's I have keep hitting R.E out of his G.cutter at the very tip of the cutter. a little wierd, huh?)
#47  June 06, 2008, 02:13:01 am

Sadly, I know exactly what your talking about, but this isn't the time for that.

Ontopic: Very good creation. Technically he has a bit of trouble against combo-style characters but overall it's a very solid creation.
one small gripe: I think his G.cutter's range on startup should be a bit longer. by about an 8th of an inch.(I know I'm a little picky, but most of the KOF grugal's I have keep hitting R.E out of his G.cutter at the very tip of the cutter. a little wierd, huh?)

Well, he doesn't have many special mechanics at all really.  Heh, that shouldn't be hard at all to do, the invulnerability times for Rugal_E's G. Cutter aren't at all big either.
#48  June 07, 2008, 03:20:57 am
  • there r no pretty girls in naruto, just HAWT HAKU
Two things about that:  Is he open source?  And is he a member of this forum?

Only thing is that I'm nowhere near that level of sprite editing, and I really wouldn't know what to look for at all either.

Yeah, the scaling isn't the best at all, and one of his specials is overpowered against aerial foes and I forgot to change the hitdefs to make sure the overpoweredness was not there.

Androide may not be opensource IICR, but some people have already asked permission on using some of his Sprite edits from his chars as part of their own chars...

Also, Androide IS a member of this forum... at least he does have an account here..

Well, maybe because its a potentially good Rugal edit?? (at least for those who don't care much on being a fighting game purist that is)
#49  June 07, 2008, 04:20:53 am
He might notice this thread since he has made quite a few Rugals.

It is a good edit?  Didn't know that, because most people on the Youtube Community seem to think he is a crap edit of Warusaki3's Rugal.
#50  June 07, 2008, 04:36:26 am
i like it good combo system sick repuuken sprite ai is nice but beatable cant wait to see the final version.
Sugu raku ni shite yaru.
#51  June 07, 2008, 04:46:57 am
i like it good combo system sick repuuken sprite ai is nice but beatable cant wait to see the final version.

Eh, I'm not the type of guy to announce final version though lol.

And the AI is what most people would perceive as broken.
#52  June 07, 2008, 04:49:55 am
    • USA
@ndroide is opensource, in fact he doesn't even care if you name him on the readme or not  :P
Re: Rugal_E version 1.6
#53  June 08, 2008, 01:44:57 am
Didn't know that actually.  And also, I like giving people credit if I use things from them that I didn't make on my own.

Rugal_E version 1.6 is now uploaded.  And is now a mediafire link(Freewebs has terrible download speed for your information).  He is found on my freewebs site.
#54  June 08, 2008, 12:05:40 pm
  • I've been Kain for 2009!!!
Yo! I just watched your Rugal_E take me on and his AI is rather tough! I couldn't take him down! He's a worthy opponent! What? You updated Rugal_E? I'm off to check it out! I'll be back and give you some feedback ok!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#55  June 08, 2008, 03:26:20 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
wow well good job i remember hearing of rugal_e before but never saw him till now
#56  June 09, 2008, 02:00:23 am
wow well good job i remember hearing of rugal_e before but never saw him till now

You didn't look, did you?

I'll say this to the Mugen Elites here and then kin: Stay away from my character, because you just get pissed off when using him because according to you guys too many things will be off.
#57  June 09, 2008, 05:25:29 am
This rugal is amazing..his combo system is an excellent touch and his ai is very tough..it took me 5 tries to beat him with pots shin gouki
Nothing Is here
#58  June 10, 2008, 08:11:36 pm
This rugal is amazing..his combo system is an excellent touch and his ai is very tough..it took me 5 tries to beat him with pots shin gouki

Well, to most people the AI is considered quite broken.

Most people don't have seem to realize that Rugal_E does have damage dampening(Mainly because they didn't look at all, good job to those who actually played him for awhile and actually figured that out) at all.
#59  June 10, 2008, 09:53:13 pm
  • I've been Kain for 2009!!!

Well, to most people the AI is considered quite broken.

Most people don't have seem to realize that Rugal_E does have damage dampening(Mainly because they didn't look at all, good job to those who actually played him for awhile and actually figured that out) at all.

I say it's tough rater than Broken or Cheap! His AI can even beat Warausaki3's Rugal ith 3 round! Results your one: 2 Warausaki3's: 1

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#60  June 10, 2008, 10:35:41 pm
Considering how strong Warusaki3's characters are, that means the AI is quite tough.