YesNoOk

Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet (Read 244200 times)

Started by Rabano, December 04, 2022, 11:55:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fight's El Gado spritesheet
#101  February 01, 2023, 04:49:19 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
Have you though on making more details on the body?
#102  February 01, 2023, 04:50:12 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
You have created a lot of great sprites and smooth animations, that I'd just say go for it, and make it how you want. There is tons of resources that you have made. I'm just so excited for this minor FF fighter. Thank you.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#103  February 01, 2023, 05:46:22 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
This project keeps getting better and better.

Keep it up!  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#104  February 01, 2023, 06:08:31 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I finished his Standing Normals

Now I'll move on to his Close normals and Jumping normals

but his crouching normals... turns out the "scorpion pose" he has in FFR is actually his crouching animation.
I had crouching animations done, and those are more "normal", but I had the idea to make a different set with his Crouching animation and normals from FFR, so if someone want to make their own char of El Gado they can choose if they want to give him a more vanilla crouch or his Scorpion Crouch from FFR (also you can move forward with that crouch)

They look great all together.

Much respect for your work and real progress.
And for making actual useful animations thinking of character's gameplay.
It really motivates me to upgrade characters with more needed animations.
when some would perhaps add unecessary ones.
Exemple "ok, let's give Ken a smile, wow, new anim!" or "Now Kyo can move his finger! Impressive!"

About adding more details in his design. I don't think it's needed.
He already have enough of them.
And he IS already accurate in term of design.
#105  February 01, 2023, 06:23:00 pm
    • Argentina
Thanks you a ton !!! it really motivates me to keep going with this character ^^

Have you though on making more details on the body?

Well those animations are still a wip, that's why they looks so empty, but he has some details.

#106  February 03, 2023, 09:07:59 pm
    • Argentina
I finished his Jumping Normals:

And a command Jumping Attack (Down + HP while jumping)

#107  February 03, 2023, 10:02:30 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Some more great progress!!
I like how they animate.
And how you manage to make him complete.

Man, I wish you would ate on more Mad Gear members.
The first comming to my mind is Poison.
From the existing base, you could give her her moves from both FF Revenge and SF4-SFXT...
(perhaps some from SF5, even if I always prefered her SF4 move set...)

Abigail would be a great choice too, but such a hardwork and pain in the a* to animate.
Big characters, means usually many frames...
#108  February 03, 2023, 10:10:36 pm
    • Argentina

Some more great progress!!
I like how they animate.
And how you manage to make him complete.

Man, I wish you would ate on more Mad Gear members.
The first comming to my mind is Poison.
From the existing base, you could give her her moves from both FF Revenge and SF4-SFXT...
(perhaps some from SF5, even if I always prefered her SF4 move set...)

Abigail would be a great choice too, but such a hardwork and pain in the a* to animate.
Big characters, means usually many frames...

You know why I wanted to make El Gado? because I've thought about a Final Fight Fighting game in mugen, and believe me, I had a ton of wild ideas.

Abigail is a good choise, but kinda hard to draw, and I've thinking of trying other characters like Dean or Carlos but I talked with David_Bazbar some time ago and he's making his how versions of those characters. the one beside El Gado that I want to try is Damnd/Trasher, but I will wait because Im Convinced that he's going to be in SF 6 and I want to know what moveset he can have (he has only 3 moves in FFR and those are both Blanka's and Honda's moves), and, as my crazy picks: Axl, May, Stray and maybe a common enemy like Doug to be some sort of Dan.

also I think someone has made a extremely good version of Poison already.
#109  February 03, 2023, 10:57:29 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#110  February 03, 2023, 11:07:57 pm
    • Argentina
#111  February 03, 2023, 11:59:42 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Got the idea! :)

Who ? I have no information about that.

I think it was Divinewolf, at least that's the one credited in Mugen Archive. Im surprised you didn't know, its a really good char.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PztfdUvkOTo

Oooh DW's version. Of course we all downloaded this version long time ago.
Sure he's a great creator. And this is the version of Poison most of us use, including me ;)

But my idea was more to go into a Poison with actual SFIV moves.
DW's Poison is nothing like SFIV Poison.

-Sigh- For a moment I though someone was actually working on a modern version of Poison. ^^

I think long time ago Chuchoryu intented to make some SFIV version, but since he have a list of 100+ started characters to finish.
Really few chances he goes back to this particular project.
#112  February 04, 2023, 12:18:19 am
    • Argentina
Got the idea! :)

Who ? I have no information about that.

I think it was Divinewolf, at least that's the one credited in Mugen Archive. Im surprised you didn't know, its a really good char.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PztfdUvkOTo

Oooh DW's version. Of course we all downloaded this version long time ago.
Sure he's a great creator. And this is the version of Poison most of us use, including me ;)

But my idea was more to go into a Poison with actual SFIV moves.
DW's Poison is nothing like SFIV Poison.

-Sigh- For a moment I though someone was actually working on a modern version of Poison. ^^

I think long time ago Chuchoryu intented to make some SFIV version, but since he have a list of 100+ started characters to finish.
Really few chances he goes back to this particular project.

Oh I see, I didn't know you wanted a SFIV version, Maybe in the future I can try it.
#113  February 05, 2023, 08:26:29 pm
    • Argentina
Finished some command normals:

Close MP and HP:

And Forward HK (overhead):

#114  February 05, 2023, 08:54:55 pm
So, for curiosity, what you need to do to finish him? And you're going do code him?
#115  February 05, 2023, 09:01:10 pm
    • Argentina
So, for curiosity, what you need to do to finish him? And you're going do code him?

Beside finishing painting him, I'll also want to see if I can add one or two more supers, and Im coding him but not for release but instead to see if his animations and attacks works as they should. Im planning to upload the sprites first
#116  February 05, 2023, 09:18:54 pm

Beside finishing painting him, I'll also want to see if I can add one or two more supers, and Im coding him but not for release but instead to see if his animations and attacks works as they should. Im planning to upload the sprites first

Ok, I hope a talented author makes a good version of him with these awesome sprites. It's because I don't want this to be like Felo's Mars People (no one made a CVS version of him with Felo's sprites :()
#117  February 05, 2023, 09:20:50 pm
    • Argentina

Ok, I hope a talented author makes a good version of him with these awesome sprites. It's because I don't want this to be like Felo's Mars People (no one made a CVS version of him with Felo's sprites :()

can you send me a link to those sprites?

maybe I can try
#118  February 05, 2023, 09:25:16 pm

can you send me a link to those sprites?

maybe I can try

Ok here ya go (but I didn't take it as a request lol) :
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mars-people-cvs-192733.0.html
#119  February 06, 2023, 05:33:47 pm
  • I dress like your Great Great Grandfather.

So you're anticipating/hoping someone else will code him using your sprite set? Am I reading that correctly?

Asking for a friend who might want to code him...

The friend is me. (I probably won't ever have time but I'm curious anyway)
Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 07:14:44 pm by Nocturnis
#120  February 06, 2023, 07:20:57 pm
    • Argentina

So you're anticipating/hoping someone else will code him using your sprite set? Am I reading that correctly?

Asking for a friend who might want to code him...

The friend is me. (I probably won't ever have time but I'm curious anyway)

I'll make a POTS version of him, but later on, before that I'll release the sprites if someone want to do something else with him