YesNoOk

Girard's CS WIP thread Little Red Riding Hood (Read 325013 times)

Started by Moon Girard, March 12, 2013, 06:49:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Girard's CS WIP Thread: Kung Fu Man, Psylocke Palette Template Up
#21  April 25, 2013, 02:21:19 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Should of replied to this sooner but yeah i got the link from Froz as well just never got to reply back. If one of you guys could tell Atp thanks that'd be great.

Anyway gotten some more work done on KFM some gifs from what's been done so far

The animations done from the SFF so no one does them.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

and a custom palette.
#22  April 25, 2013, 10:16:38 am
Here are some Kung Fu Man palettes I made.
I apologise for the late and out-of-nowhere post, I felt like I left these hanging for too long.
Spoiler: Palettes (click to see content)
#23  April 27, 2013, 05:46:30 am
    • USA
It's fine as far as I'm concerned there's never a to late post for palettes plus now i don't have to worry about not having 12 palettes to go with the patch.

Another gif of some of the work done and a Suave Dude palette.
Also ATP did animation 420 and i did animations 5000 and 5010 added them to the list of completed KFM sprites.
#24  April 28, 2013, 10:43:06 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Looks awesome, I may have missed something here but didn't you have a a template up for Ryo as well, or is that someone else I was thinking of ...

Either way, looks good, will be looking forward to both Psylocke and KFM's CS patches.
Re: Girard's CS WIP Thread: Psylocke Palette Template Up, KFM Done.
#25  April 30, 2013, 06:17:33 am
    • USA
Re: Girard's CS WIP Thread: Psylocke Palette Template Up, KFM Done.
#26  April 30, 2013, 06:28:10 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Just downloaded him and thanks for the share. Not being off topic but, heck please rock that Ryo bro. I dreamed to see him with those gloves on and I know you would do him justice. Peace!
Re: Girard's CS WIP Thread: Ryo Poll and Commission Pricing Discussion
#27  May 01, 2013, 04:57:10 am
    • USA
Add a poll for Ryo
So since I'm gonna start to take commissions i figured i might as well get opinions on the pricing i figured for every 100 sprites it'd be $10 meaning 10 sprites would be $1 and a single sprite costing 10 cents hows that sound to you guys.

Just downloaded him and thanks for the share. Not being off topic but, heck please rock that Ryo bro. I dreamed to see him with those gloves on and I know you would do him justice. Peace!

I didn't give him the gloves before so I'm still unsure if I'll be giving him them now since the reason i didn't in the first place was not being great at making them consistent.
#28  May 01, 2013, 05:01:08 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That's actually VERY cheap!

The price should have a bit of a range on it depending on the complexity of the separation.

I'm going to pay you $40-$50 to separate Elena from SF3 but I want each pixel to have a specific color! :P
#29  May 01, 2013, 05:41:50 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
$10 for 100 sprites is way too cheap, you could raise that price to $20 at still would a pretty nice price ($2 per sprite) and as JNP said the price can vary depending on the complexity of the sprites.

Put, for example: Any incarnation of Ryu, let´s say CvS sprites vs Spiral. Obviously both can vary in difficulty (I know it by personal experience) so you won´t charge the same for both since you will need to burn some neurones for Spiral... just an example.

Chilling
#30  May 01, 2013, 01:35:07 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
$2 per sprite may be a bit much. That could easily get in the $300-$400 range for a complete character and isn't competitive with many custom character commissions.

Unless it's just ridiculous separation it shouldn't take but about a minute or 2 per sprite.

I think you should start at $0.10 a sprite and go up to $1.00 depending on complexity. And add a disclaimer that you are not obligated to say yes to any job.
#31  May 01, 2013, 02:37:48 pm
  • SNK is life
#32  May 02, 2013, 12:57:46 pm
    • USA
I totally forgot to include something about price changing depending on what's being done, the price i have now was just based on what i was asked to commission when i get farther ahead on commissions I'll just make a chart explaining the prices or something.
#33  May 05, 2013, 09:23:51 pm
    • USA
So I got the commission pricing settled

10¢ is the basic separation 15¢ for if they want a simple design added like the stripes on rock's sleeves, 50¢ for more advance/ everything being separated separation, 75¢ for all SF3 characters who aren't Twelve this price may very depending on what the separation would be. And finally $1 for Twelve, Venom, morphing characters and complex designs like allowing Spidey to get his symbiote or any other suits. Twelve price is subject to change depending on what the separation would be.
I'll still do free separations but it'll be on characters I wanna do it for and every now and then characters people vote for like Ryo, if you want anything strider related though commission is the only way I'll do it.

And since I assume some people are curious as to who the character I was commissioned to color separate it's Rugal's son this template isn't final as I'm waiting for Mr Karate JKA input on it, left the shoes the same color as the pants since there is no define line of where the boots end and the pants begin and since I'm not that great at keeping that consistent across the sprites I left it out for now I also feel I did more separation on rose then needed. Anyway I'll be doing him after I finish psylocke and before I start ryo.

#34  May 05, 2013, 10:27:01 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Interesting........just to be sure, what range would this fall under?
#35  May 05, 2013, 10:39:18 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ at least $2...  o_O o_O o_O
Chilling
#36  May 05, 2013, 11:17:29 pm
    • USA
I'd have to check the SFF If he's anything like storm it'd be in the 50¢ to 75¢ range other wise it looks like it be in the 10¢ to 15¢ range.
#37  May 06, 2013, 02:58:01 am
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
He's a lot like Storm. The 50-75 range isn't too bad. Just let me know
#38  May 06, 2013, 03:26:05 am
Those commission prices definitely seem fair, and I'm glad to see that you'll still be doing freebies now and again.  With that said, the thought of a Buckus Silver Samurai with that color separation made me cream in my jeans a little.
Re: Girard's CS WIP Thread: Palette time
#39  May 07, 2013, 06:53:05 pm
    • USA
Adel's palette template is done added separation for the boots after all only color him and Rose share now is the white of the eyes, people can make palettes with this template now.

Made a Rugal palette.

Also redid Ryo's template add separation for his gloves but removed the feet and leg wrap separation as a result I'm removing the Mr. Karate all the other palettes made I'll update unless people wanna update the ones they made themselves.
Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:54:49 am by Moon Girard
Re: Girard's CS WIP Thread: Palette time
#40  May 07, 2013, 10:24:39 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
I'd like to see the Ryo for KoopaKoot's and Rajaa's Ryo as well!  Looks awesome!