YesNoOk

Doctor Who Thread (Read 563888 times)

Started by Nucka, January 08, 2010, 03:54:37 am
Share this topic:
Re: Doctor Who Thread
#421  August 11, 2021, 01:46:05 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Current plan is 6 episodes this year and 3 specials next year iirc.
#422  August 11, 2021, 07:39:57 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Shame about Jodie though. She can be a good actress. Just not with those scripts.
I agree, I like Jodie as the New Doctah, even with the terrible scripts, it's just the companionzzzzzzzzz

So much time wasted focusing on the companions who seldom contribute anything to the plot and almost feel like they exist solely to fill a quota.
Also I agree. One of the most annoying things on the new series were the companions for me, I can't like or identify with any of them, they're uninspired chars, even the NPCs of past seasons got more life than those 3 added for diversity only. I think I'm gonna spoil me with episode reviews to get at the date with the next Doctor when this occurs

Current plan is 6 episodes this year and 3 specials next year iirc.
So, time to get back with DW in 2023 then :hugoi:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#423  October 27, 2022, 07:01:15 pm
... Uh.
The second I saw him (well, after the shock anyway), I knew what he was gonna say, and he said it.
I'm hoping he can put a new spin in his performance, at least a little bit, rather than be the exact same character, that would be a twist... I feel it would be kinda shitty if he was the exact same.
I found that the Master gave a much better performance, I really didn't like the crazy act from the previous seasons. Is it a difference in the writing ? Then again I don't get how that one trick he pulled is supposed to work. Since when is that a thing ?? They even made the callback to when it happened to him, but this one and that one were nothing alike, how is that supposed to be the same thing ??
I feel like 13 did well but again got a bit shafted even in her final outing. At least she did finally get a bit more of a defining trait (like back when Bad Wolf Girl said 10 was the one who regrets, 11 the one who forgets + the one who's old but doesn't want to act it), which was clearly her anguish when people end up leaving, that was pushed a bit more than the previous versions. I like when they highlights those defining traits for each version, it gives "the Doctor" a character arc, a sign of some character evolution, whenever he changes.

I know, I just hope he's not playing the exact same personality, specifically to show that it's the same Doctor who just evolves and moves on with each regeneration ; this should be a new version that just happens to have gone back to the same face, it shouldn't feel like "they are different characters, and we're bringing back this previous character".
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 05:54:06 pm by Byakko
#424  October 28, 2022, 04:04:50 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Tennant is only playing The Doctor for 3 special episodes. The actual new Doctor was revealed a small while ago.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#425  October 29, 2022, 02:45:06 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Well played, BBC. Tennant is now the 14th Doctor and in the Xmas/New Year psecial, he'll regenerate in the 15th Doctor, which is Ncuti Gatwa, the one for the next season. Also, this is the first time un New Who that a new Doctor regenerates during a season as with the 1st Doctor to the 2nd in the Classic series :yikes:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
New #426  December 03, 2023, 05:10:17 am
Man, between these two episodes, that's a LOT of Disney money.
I'm glad they accounted for the previous faces in this new Doctor. Also glad they made this feel creepy and unsafe without bad jumpscares.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The giggle
I can't believe they pulled the same card again... Feels borderline super vain. With the obvious bullshit excuse. Another plot to be forgotten and abandoned. I hope and assume they'll pay it off with 15 being a LOT more chill. All the namedrops felt just a little cheap though.
Neil busting lip syncing and dancing all over HQ for no fucking reason all of a sudden was hilarious and kinda terrifying. "He could show up anywhere any time" *pop song starts playing* Now that's a perfect SUPER villain.

Ruby Road
What the fuck is up with this terrible camera work
and those dialogs
I hope they'll keep throwing random inventions like those gloves, that's fun
But please fucking do something about that horrible writing and directing.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 01:34:23 am by Byakko