YesNoOk

Beast enters to battle! (Mugen 1.0 Compatible) (Read 6430 times)

Started by Mialere, May 18, 2022, 02:19:16 am
Share this topic:
Beast enters to battle! (Mugen 1.0 Compatible)
#1  May 18, 2022, 02:19:16 am
    • Chile
hello boyos, I'm Mialere, and this, is a character that I was making on this days, still in beta for errors and balance

it's name is Beast:
he comes from a world of anthro animals, but he visited from some humanoid being, called by Fobos (a character of mine also), now, he works for him, and is ready to fight anything that come against him! fix some things!

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xaoxve6wfahny12/beast.zip/file

any critique or advice is welcome

22:07 05/17/2022 edit: did some fixes on inputs and other stuff

23:48 05/17/2022 edit: now with video demostration :O
Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 05:52:28 am by Mialere
Re: Beast enters to battle! (Mugen 1.0 Compatible)
#2  May 18, 2022, 10:26:40 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
First of all, congratulations on making an original character. Here's some things I found:

- Doesn't work in Mugen 1.0 (I only mention this because of the subject title)
- I think individual attacks (as opposed to combos) deal too little damage
- His normal attacks lack pushback, so they feel a bit weak
- Button layout is a bit odd. Why not A punch, B kick, C fireball?
- State 3055 should be movetype = H
- Hyper Dive Kick gives back power
- Connecting Hyper Dive Kick makes P2 briefly sink below the ground
- State 1010 causes a debug message because you're referring to the root from the character itself
- The extra damage meter gets in the way a bit. You could reposition it
- It sounds like you want to have passive regeneration in your game. That's generally not a good idea because it encourages people to sit back and do nothing
- The dodge afterimage lasts a bit too long
- The parry mechanic currently feels like it has more risk than reward since it's very hard to time. Maybe make the HitOverride last longer. Also this type of mechanic is usually vulnerable to throws
- His fireball should a) have Projectile attribute in the Hitdef and b) have NotHitBy and HitOverride against everything to avoid bugs
- Comboing two projectiles makes P2 fly backwards
- His throw needs some Hitadds so it counts as a 3 hit combo
- State 1032 creates a debug message about juggle points. I suspect your air.juggle formula returns a negative value. Also, if I recall correctly, that Hitdef parameter doesn't even work (Mugen's fault)
- Air version of Dive Kick Up (an oxymoron there) feels a bit redundant. The fact that he can even jump that far when he was already in the air also feels out of place
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Re: Beast enters to battle! (Mugen 1.0 Compatible)
#3  May 19, 2022, 12:50:37 am
    • Chile
First of all, congratulations on making an original character. Here's some things I found:

- Doesn't work in Mugen 1.0 (I only mention this because of the subject title)
- I think individual attacks (as opposed to combos) deal too little damage
- His normal attacks lack pushback, so they feel a bit weak
- Button layout is a bit odd. Why not A punch, B kick, C fireball?
- State 3055 should be movetype = H
- Hyper Dive Kick gives back power
- Connecting Hyper Dive Kick makes P2 briefly sink below the ground
- State 1010 causes a debug message because you're referring to the root from the character itself
- The extra damage meter gets in the way a bit. You could reposition it
- It sounds like you want to have passive regeneration in your game. That's generally not a good idea because it encourages people to sit back and do nothing
- The dodge afterimage lasts a bit too long
- The parry mechanic currently feels like it has more risk than reward since it's very hard to time. Maybe make the HitOverride last longer. Also this type of mechanic is usually vulnerable to throws
- His fireball should a) have Projectile attribute in the Hitdef and b) have NotHitBy and HitOverride against everything to avoid bugs
- Comboing two projectiles makes P2 fly backwards
- His throw needs some Hitadds so it counts as a 3 hit combo
- State 1032 creates a debug message about juggle points. I suspect your air.juggle formula returns a negative value. Also, if I recall correctly, that Hitdef parameter doesn't even work (Mugen's fault)
- Air version of Dive Kick Up (an oxymoron there) feels a bit redundant. The fact that he can even jump that far when he was already in the air also feels out of place

I Fixed and tweaked all that you said, but some things:

-the button layout was odd cause was more for controller friendly, but I would think more on the arcade or PC ones more x3
-the regeneration is a mechanic that I will add in my full project, there would be many ways to do it (or being as pasive ones), but for now, I will leve it deactivated for normal use
-what I know too, the juggle system is bugged as say in Mugen, not a lot can be done xwx

also, I didn't catch that was you PotS, I like your projects :) like the ryu and Dan one x3