YesNoOk

Bluekuma POTS Edit Thread  (Read 10261 times)

Started by Bluekuma, May 16, 2022, 01:13:58 am
Share this topic:
Bluekuma POTS Edit Thread
#1  May 16, 2022, 01:13:58 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
Im starting to do edits of certain characters (mostly POTS style), to make my own adjustments for accuracy and buffing certain aspects to make the characters feel better overall. I hope y'all enjoy my edits and give feedback in the comments.

URIEN BY FROZ (EDIT BY RAGINGROWEN), SFV NASH BY TROLOLO (VARO HADES EDIT), AND AKUMA BY DEATHSYCTHE (RAGINGROWEN EDIT)
Even though this edit of Urien is pretty darn close to source accuracy, he lacked combo routes and aegis setups. So I fixed both aspects, but he does more scaling so he can't TOD off of one to two meters. Plus he has SF3 hitboxes! But wait theirs more! Urien now has SFV and SF3 Aegis Reflector!
Next up is SFV Nash, the one made years ago had a couple of outdated animations and movelist, Nash finally has the proper SFV level 3, gotten access to two new supers,  and Tragedy Assault (Effects are from MGMURROW much love!) ! The Last one to talk about is Akuma, Modern Akuma is a great approach for a POTS Style Akuma, but it lacked the required animations, and moves that I thought would fit right in this take of Akuma. So I updated a few animations to freshen up demon flip, fixed his Ultra 2 Animation, and I gotta give prompts to IkeIsLegend for this one, We have implemented EX DP to be the Vtrigger DP from SFV, and gave him SFV heavy Tatsu! I am happy to release these characters to the public and cannot wait for y'alls input on these edits!
TWO MORE THINGS BEFORE DOWNLOADING
1.IkeIsLegend is open for Commissions, so if yall need help or want new moves Hit Him Up on Discord
2. with Akuma, don't forget to do Akuma/ModernAkuma.def in the select.def file (I changed the main file name for akuma so don't worry about this lol)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 03:51:25 am by Bluekuma
Re: Bluekuma Edit Thread
#2  June 06, 2022, 06:16:03 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
BIG UPDATE for this thread, check it out y'all, and btw a trailer is being talked about for these edits so stay tuned to that!
Re: Bluekuma POTS Edit Thread
#3  June 06, 2022, 07:18:46 pm
Its Froz not Frost.

I tested Urien a bit and I have some feedback.

For his EX projectile I find it weird that he is using this animation, why not use the same anim he uses for the light/low projectile as his hand is pointing straight forward ?

I suggest moving the hyper orbs on his fist here.

The shoulder tackle hits connect wonky and in the wrong place, when you do the level 2 when he slams the OP it just looks weird.
This has been an issue since the original.

Aegis Reflector is weird as hell for some reason, its like sometimes it hits for 6 times, sometimes it hits for 3 I can stop it from hitting me and block it, sometimes it connects for 4, dunno what's wrong with it.

Not sure if I am doing anything wrong but none of his Ageis reflector setups from 3rd strike work for me.

I have very little experience with SFV as I don't like it, but if its based on that, then thats fine.

Excel to low/med/fierce shoulder tackle needs a limiter or the damage to be nerfed.

His normals are inconsistent, some of em are super fast, some of em are slow, like no shit right, but I dunno something feels off to me on some of the moves.

The shoulder tackle not even the ex one, the heavy one, the vels on it are mad, its pretty much unreactable, his normals all around feel inconsistent to me.

Nice job though, it just needs a bit more polish.
Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 06:24:08 pm by PeXXeR
#4  June 06, 2022, 10:05:47 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
Its Froz not Frost.

I tested Urien a bit and I have some feedback.

For his EX projectile I find it weird that he is using this animation, why not use the same anim he uses for the light/low projectile as his hand is pointing straight forward ?

I suggest moving the hyper orbs on his fist here.

The shoulder tackle hits connect wonky and in the wrong place, when you do the level 2 when he slams the OP it just looks weird.
This has been an issue since the original.

Ageis Reflector is weird as hell for some reason, its like sometimes it hits for 6 times, sometimes it hits for 3 I can stop it from hitting me and block it, sometimes it connects for 4, dunno what's wrong with it.

Not sure if I am doing anything wrong but none of his Ageis reflector setups from 3rd strike work for me.

I have very little experience with SFV as I don't like it, but if its based on that, then thats fine.

Excel to low/med/fierce shoulder tackle needs a limiter or the damage to be nerfed.

His normals are inconsistent, some of em are super fast, some of em are slow, like no shit right, but I dunno something feels off to me on some of the moves.

The shoulder tackle not even the ex one, the heavy one, the vels on it are mad, its pretty much unreactable, his normals all around feel inconsistent to me.

Nice job though, it just needs a bit more polish.

Thanks for the feedback, when I used ikemen go, the setups work fine at least on my end. Didn’t do much testing for the mugen version, and I’ll try to figure out the hitsparks placement for him. And with the sf3 version of aegis do the kick version, while the punch version is SFV.
#5  June 07, 2022, 01:16:03 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
Fixed Froz’s name sorry Froz.
#6  June 07, 2022, 03:36:19 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
credits to Burningsoul for Updating some Bugs that were found for Akuma, New link in the first post!
#7  June 07, 2022, 05:55:27 pm
WAIIIT, I just realized he has 2 Aegis reflectors, one on the down back kicks slot.

I see, that one works fine to be honest, no issues with it, the down back Punches one is weird as hell and to be fair, I find it useless.
Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 06:24:22 pm by PeXXeR
#8  June 07, 2022, 06:10:39 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
WAIIIT, I just realized he has 2 Ageis reflectors, one on the down back kicks slot.

I see, that one works fine to be honest, no issues with it, the down back Punches one is weird as hell and to be fair, I find it useless.

The punch version is from SFV and its really good there. He can set up multiple barriers to set up really strong pressure. Enables a ton of combos and frame traps too. It was a large reason why Urien was considered the best character in the game for a time. While I'm not sure it would translate correctly here considering this is just a 3s Urien with CVS gameplay, I dont even think you could even deem it useful or not since this isn't a full game. But I think you should at least familiarize yourself with SFV before making snap judgements.
#9  June 07, 2022, 06:18:16 pm
Fair enough, but at the same time I feel  like having 2 Aegis reflectors is a bit much, maybe a toggle if bluekuma wants to go for it ?

I also mentioned this above in my feedback post:

I guess I just found it weird how it froze the op for what it seemingly felt to me like a random number of hits, sometimes I swear I could break out from hitstun to block it.
Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 06:24:52 pm by PeXXeR
#10  June 08, 2022, 09:07:17 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
Fair enough, but at the same time I feel  like having 2 Aegis reflectors is a bit much, maybe a toggle if bluekuma wants to go for it ?

I also mentioned this above in my feedback post:

I guess I just found it weird how it froze the op for what it seemingly felt to me like a random number of hits, sometimes I swear I could break out from hitstun to block it.

with the two aegis reflectors, I made them 1500 for the super to work, so no matter what you can only do two, and then freeze happens because that's how the VT activation works to make him do the combos after the activation.