YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2481348 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#101  November 23, 2011, 02:03:31 pm
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
#102  November 23, 2011, 02:20:11 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Its not confirmed.

Its an obvious rumor.
#103  November 23, 2011, 02:30:24 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#104  November 23, 2011, 04:18:42 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Maybe a upgraded generations with additional levels and characters and therefore exclusive
#105  November 23, 2011, 05:45:27 pm
TSSZ has learned through a source that development is already well underway
:cawg:
#106  November 23, 2011, 08:32:08 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

GOH

#107  November 24, 2011, 05:57:08 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#108  November 25, 2011, 04:09:01 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that version is crippled btw, becuse of certain copyright problems.
#109  November 26, 2011, 02:12:12 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#110  November 26, 2011, 02:15:57 am
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
#111  November 26, 2011, 02:31:16 am
if it's 3d in the sense that it looks and plays like ocarina of time-skyward sword then i'm down. otherwise i dont really give a shit
#112  November 26, 2011, 03:45:31 am
  • SNK is life
^ this this this
#113  November 26, 2011, 03:59:07 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
That's what I thought at first then I remembered the 3DS :(

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659

GOH

#114  November 29, 2011, 11:33:39 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
http://www.shacknews.com/article/71269/vita-wont-support-psone-games-at-launch

Arguably, one of PSP's greatest features was the ability to play PSone classics on it. We could play the likes of Crash Bandicoot and Final Fantasy VII on the go, and we were quite content.

Unfortunately, it appears Vita won't be able to offer the same... at least for now. Sony has confirmed that its upcoming handheld will not be able to play Game Archives at launch.

Sony Japan's website details the omission clearly. A translation from Andriasang reads: "It won't be supported at the time of the PS Vita launch." The lack of PSone support is curious, given the Vita's much more capable specs. Perhaps the Sony team ran into some snafus when attempting emulation on the new platform?

"Regarding future support, we'll share details later," Sony notes. We've contacted SCEA to see if we can unearth additional details regarding this omission.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/71268/ps-vita-memory-cards-priced-30-to-120

One of the biggest hidden costs of picking up Sony's new Vita handheld is the need to acquire a new proprietary memory card. Whereas the PSP Go had 16GB of storage built-in, the Vita comes with nothing. And, unlike the PSP, which used the slightly more open Memory Stick format, the Vita uses a completely proprietary memory card.

Sony has been shy about pricing these cards, which range from 4GB to 32GB. However, new entries on GameStop's website give us a first look at what to expect.

According to GameStop (via CVG), the 4GB card will go for $29.99. The 8GB card is priced at $44.99; the 16GB card is $69.99; and the 32GB card is $119.99.

Anger over these prices will undoubtedly be palpable. The listed prices represent nearly a 300% markup over Memory Stick, and a 600% markup over SD cards, for equivalently sized offerings. By placing such a high premium on Vita's memory, Sony is taking a page from Microsoft's successful marketing of proprietary Xbox 360 hard drives. Like the Xbox 360, Vita doesn't require additional memory, but many core features, like downloading games, will be unavailable without the extra purchase.

The Vita "First Edition" bundle, which launches one week before the "official" Vita launch, includes a 4GB memory card. The $350 bundle includes a 3G system, a bundled game, and additional accessories.
#115  November 30, 2011, 04:52:09 am
    • USA
Wow, thats a lot more than a PS3 system itself.
#116  November 30, 2011, 02:41:03 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA

- on the vita not being backward compatable,  I didnt by the vita to play PSP and PS1 games I want to play Vita games on it.  So that is not a issue.

-  on memory cards,  I am not to worried the price will go down eventually.  It was that same price inflation when the PSP came out.

other than that I am looking forward to the Vita. 
#117  November 30, 2011, 07:10:02 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Vita's gonna flop.
#118  November 30, 2011, 07:11:37 pm
  • SNK is life
I don't think so. People who are into handhelds were waiting for something this powerful. Sure, it may be expensive as fuck, and the main audience transferred over from the PSP which was easily hackable ... wait.

You are right, this shit is going down.
#119  December 01, 2011, 08:01:12 pm
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
Capcom + Sour Patch Kids = Hilar-Wait what

Edit: IT EXISTS

Edit Edit: . .Well this pisses me off they ain't localizaing monster hunter, canceled Megaman legends 3, gems and shit bla bla, and that's not what pisses me off . . .

I;m pissed they didn't go for Reeses.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 08:07:28 pm by Belial
#120  December 01, 2011, 09:30:28 pm
Edit Edit: . .Well this pisses me off they ain't localizaing monster hunter, canceled Megaman legends 3, gems and shit bla bla, and that's not what pisses me off . . .
Chris says: In related news, Ace Attorney Investigations 2 is still not coming out.
LOL!!! except capcom is just publishing this (a digital release mind you) and not developing it. minimal effort compared to finishing mml3 or localizing games.