YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2481370 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#41  November 14, 2011, 10:52:19 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
If you though that shit about the rat in Battlefield 3 was dumb:

http://kotaku.com/5859342/peta-calls-out-nintendo-for-fur+wearing-mario

The People For the Ethical Treatment of Animals are blasting Nintendo and their beloved gaming plumber Mario over what they claim is a message that it's OK to wear animal furs.

In Super Mario 3D Land, which was released this weekend, one of Mario's many power-ups is a Tanooki suit which grants him the ability to glide across the screen after jumps. The suit looks more like a one-piece jumper or costume than it does a fur, but PETA says the game is sending the wrong message to gamers.

Head, meet desk.  Desk, this is head.  I'm sure you two have much to discuss.

*slam*  *slam*   *slam*
#42  November 14, 2011, 11:14:05 pm
And they aren't protesting against actual clothing stores because...?
#43  November 14, 2011, 11:50:07 pm
going against a videogame gives them a lot more media exposure. peta are so fucking terrible that i want to murder every animal ever
#44  November 14, 2011, 11:58:53 pm
    • USA
Every time I see PETA protesting against inconsequential shit in video games, I treat myself to a meat lovers pizza purely out of spite.
#45  November 15, 2011, 12:01:51 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Do you do it while wearing a fur coat and coonskin cap? 
#46  November 15, 2011, 12:05:48 am
    • USA
Naturally.
#47  November 15, 2011, 12:07:32 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
its as stupid as all the parents, thinking that it helps prevent amok runs if they could forbid and ban games like counter strike, horror movies and blackmetal

its hilarious, sad..and just shows how completly ignorant people can be to real problems.

#48  November 15, 2011, 03:48:17 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#49  November 15, 2011, 03:53:42 am

GOH

#50  November 15, 2011, 11:31:48 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
LMAO
#51  November 15, 2011, 11:58:08 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#52  November 15, 2011, 12:05:10 pm
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#53  November 15, 2011, 02:47:07 pm
yeah, and someone called it rumor and made a rumor thread to clarify he takes it as a rumor and not fact,
no fucking shit?? what's the point of posting rumors that have absolutely dick for evidence or come from a source that has no credibility whatsoever

NEW RUMOR!!! MORRISSEY IS IN THE NEW SMASH BROTHERS. MY FRIEND WORKS WITH SAKURAI AND HE TOLD ME THIS. THOUGHTS?
#54  November 15, 2011, 02:51:16 pm
  • SNK is life
Thoughts? That's something you'd masturbate to, whereas GBK's rumor was just that since the begining, a rumour. It's on the topic title.
#55  November 15, 2011, 02:56:45 pm
if you're going to post rumors with absolutely nothing going for them (unlike someone with a track record like lupinko) then you might as well make up whatever and post it as long as it sounds plausible
#56  November 15, 2011, 03:45:02 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Tiltin, what is sometimes up with you that you sound like a angry at everything guy in 80% of your posts, insulting people, swearing in nearly every sentence and write infantile crap like " i want to kill all da animals bla evil petas dumbshit bla blub"

or you post like a hyprocrite yelling around "NEW RUMOR!!! MORRISSEY IS IN THE NEW SMASH BROTHERS. MY FRIEND WORKS WITH SAKURAI AND HE TOLD ME THIS. THOUGHTS?"

thing is, i posted a thread about rumors. My mistake was maybe that i did not write some thing like a rule that the rumor should be from one or more popular game sites.
Or else, like you mentioned with your great example above, everyone could make up some bullshit.

The rumor i posted as the first example in the rumor thread was that EA tries to get origin to be THE online distribution marketplace for nintendo in western regions.

This rumor was posted on multiple game sites, from game informer to kotaku, ign and i guess more. 

4 people, including you find the rumor hilarious and point out that the original source is a relative unknown nintendo fan website. Hours later someone posts the thing  here in the gaming news thread.

So yay, the rumor  just leveled up to a game news. It wasnt mentioned as a rumor here, instead
http://kotaku.com/5859171/todays-nutty-ea-and-wii-u-rumor

Origin is the chosen one.

we just read "origin is the chosen one"

Is origin the chosen one? rly..(big miz rly)...

probably not. who knows..fact is nobody knows, and it is nothing less than bullshit but hey..grandmaster tiltin  decided that rumors can be posted in the game news thread.

great decision tiltin. +1 kudos yeah you are doing a great job and are an awesome  and smart admin ..one admin people can laugh about ..even if they get banned because poor tiltin  read a zelda skyward spoiler =(

#57  November 15, 2011, 04:22:13 pm
swearing in nearly every sentence and write infantile crap like " i want to kill all da animals bla evil petas dumbshit bla blub"
yeah because i was being serious

also it's funny that the guy that obnoxiously posts wrestler catchphrases in almost every post is trying to say i write infantile crap
or you post like a hyprocrite yelling around "NEW RUMOR!!! MORRISSEY IS IN THE NEW SMASH BROTHERS. MY FRIEND WORKS WITH SAKURAI AND HE TOLD ME THIS. THOUGHTS?"
how the does that make me a hypocrite? do you know what that word means?
This rumor was posted on multiple game sites, from game informer to kotaku, ign and i guess more.
it doesn't make the source any less questionable
Hours later someone posts the thing  here in the gaming news thread.

So yay, the rumor  just leveled up to a game news. It wasnt mentioned as a rumor here, instead
dumb rumors like those don't deserve a thread. one post in the unimportant thread  is harmless.

great decision tiltin. +1 kudos yeah you are doing a great job and are an awesome  and smart admin ..one admin people can laugh about ..even if they get banned because poor tiltin  read a zelda skyward spoiler =(
it would be really cool if you quit again and this time for more than a week
#58  November 15, 2011, 04:45:47 pm
  • SNK is life
it would be really cool if you quit for more than a week.

He's just being laid back, nobody is as intense as to search every possible interent forum to try to confront and debunk the rumor starter. Yet you are so anal about having "quality content only" (quality = what YOU approve of) in the forums that you want to roll everything you don't like into big piles of "shit posts" (again, what is shit is defined arbitrarily by you), where you could just easily let threads run their course and die out if they aren't relevant enough.
#59  November 15, 2011, 05:19:59 pm
He's just being laid back, nobody is as intense as to search every possible interent forum to try to confront and debunk the rumor starter.
let's all be laid back and post rumors with absolutely no credibility whatsoever
Yet you are so anal about having "quality content only" (quality = what YOU approve of) in the forums that you want to roll everything you don't like into big piles of "shit posts" (again, what is shit is defined arbitrarily by you), where you could just easily let threads run their course and die out if they aren't relevant enough.
since you seem to have a problem with the "shit thread", why don't you take it to feedback? are you aware that i'm not the only one that merges threads to that place? why aren't you complaining to the other staff members that do the same thing? or to the users that demand that threads be merged there?
#60  November 15, 2011, 05:27:12 pm
  • SNK is life
He's just being laid back, nobody is as intense as to search every possible interent forum to try to confront and debunk the rumor starter.
let's all be laid back and post rumors with absolutely no credibility whatsoever
sure, for your sake let's disregard that the rumor spread like wildfire and it had to be debunked by a mainstream gaming news site.

Yet you are so anal about having "quality content only" (quality = what YOU approve of) in the forums that you want to roll everything you don't like into big piles of "shit posts" (again, what is shit is defined arbitrarily by you), where you could just easily let threads run their course and die out if they aren't relevant enough.
since you seem to have a problem with the "shit thread", why don't you take it to feedback? are you aware that i'm not the only one that merges threads to that place? why aren't you complaining to the other staff members that do the same thing? or to the users that demand that threads be merged there?
why don't you take my feedback? are you aware that the only one who looks like a power tripping dick is you? why do you try to deflect your post-elitist and try to shift the blame on somebody else? if your buddies jumped from a bridge would you do it too?