YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4728825 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Kirito Released + 8 EXA Updates (09/11/22)
#1081  September 13, 2022, 02:32:06 am
    • Brazil
Okay... I can't combo for shit with your chars anymore, can someone give me some tips?
#1082  September 13, 2022, 02:46:36 am
    • Philippines
#1083  September 13, 2022, 05:24:05 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
#1084  September 13, 2022, 07:49:38 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA

As of right now, I'm using the voice clips from Antor_M's version. Some of the shorter voice clips like the grunts are actually pretty clear, but all of the others sound like they have been recorded with a potato. I'm most likely going to extract the audio directly from episodes of the show and try using lalal.ai or something similar to separate the voices from all of the other sounds.

For some reason that was also the case with their Tohka. Dunno why they were all muffled like that.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#1085  September 13, 2022, 05:49:18 pm
    • Brazil
What about the combos are you having trouble with exactly?
Lets just say I can't figure out what do do to extend them. I mostly just go from all but the last hits of the LP combo to all but the last hits of MP combo onto special onto super. The best one I can play from your characters is Erika, because it was easy for me to figure out which of her moves are launchers and can extend combos, so I could go far beyond just the basic stuff I do with the others.
#1086  September 13, 2022, 10:49:40 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Lets just say I can't figure out what do do to extend them. I mostly just go from all but the last hits of the LP combo to all but the last hits of MP combo onto special onto super. The best one I can play from your characters is Erika, because it was easy for me to figure out which of her moves are launchers and can extend combos, so I could go far beyond just the basic stuff I do with the others.

I do too have some trouble with combos with these chars. No offense XD

but I do have a couple tips that could help you learn from almost every char so far.

1. Try using some fighters that are simple to your style, for instance I got a few complete combo games with Kirby, Blitztank, Susanoo, Akatsuki (well... almost :P), Heart, Quote, Metaknight, and Taiga (Maid version to say the least). So far I'm learning from Yumi, Faust, Shantae, Charlotte, and Aoko as they're my main goals for now. Persona characters IMO are the hardest to learn, so feel free skip those.

2. Try activating ultra burst during an Air combo, just rapid cancel into an air dash (after finishing off the combo of course), and ultra burst immeditely. Afterwards, finish off with a simple ground combo and then either Distortion Drive, Exceed Climax, or if the opponents health is low enough, an Astral Heat.

3. Try looking back at some of the old streamable preview clips (as well as OHMSBYs' youtube channel). You may have an idea of what potential combos they could offer back then.

BONUS: Comboing is much easier to handle in MUGEN rather than IKEMEN GO due to slight input delays, assuming you do use IKEMEN GO.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 12:33:25 am by Vocalnoid
#1087  September 14, 2022, 05:42:27 am
    • Philippines
#1088  September 20, 2022, 07:30:21 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
I'm thinking about Brergrsart and him making Hello/How Are You? (an Haoumaru with a tipper system and funny things) since he couldn't find a good-quality Marth spritesheet for it to work, so thinking about it, I'd suggest that you could do Marth in the near future? Tipper system included for obvious reasons.
#1089  September 22, 2022, 05:15:58 pm
    • China
nice characters, but can you add more? also fix your characters as well
#1090  September 22, 2022, 08:34:12 pm
    • USA
#1091  September 22, 2022, 08:39:23 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
#1092  September 23, 2022, 09:14:11 pm
  • uhee~
Alchemist of Atlas's Yang JP voice is outdated since she got the EXA update
#1093  September 29, 2022, 03:20:08 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So when I went back to check Ichida's characters again, I actually found a small error on your characters. I realized the super spark when activating their astral heat is layered in front of the Astral Cut In portrait. But luckily it's only on certain characters and here are those that are affected:
-Ragna (On P2 Side)
-Robo-Weiss
-Yu (On P2 Side)
-Nanase
-Jin (On P2 Side)
-Charlotte
-Hyde (On P2 Side)
-Hilda (On P2 side)
-Merkava (On P2 side)

I believe the Astral Cut In is technically supposed to be layered in front as the super spark effect wouldn't block part of it and intentionally show off the portrait more.

Edit: I had to edit again as I found out for some reason, that error on certain characters can happen on P2 side only, which is what confused me. It's a good thing you haven't updated yet, because I also have found another bug on certain characters regarding the Overheat on their Astral Heat:
Yang, Waldstein, Es, Saya, Carmine & Vlov:
-The Overheat sound effect doesn't play if their astral heats were blocked or missed.

Robo-Weiss, Yumi, Mitsuru & Shana:
-If their astral heat was blocked and/or missed, it will not trigger the Overheat status.

Taiga & Maid Taiga:
-The normal ground shockwave on the startup of You're Really Pissing Me Off! is layered in front of her.

Edit again: I got another thing to share and it's regarding their 2Bs. I realized theirs are not air unblockable and these are the ones that aren't:
-Yang
-Susano'o

I realized those that are usually hit in an upward direction are usually the air unblockable ones. Not straight, downward or the use of a projectile like Yukiko or Charlotte. These are the ones that are, but needs to be adjusted:
-Carmine (His 2B is air unblockable, but the hitspark and guard spark when it connects is misaligned)
-Shana (Her 2B is air unblockable, but it hits in a downward direction)
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 02:34:40 am by ZolidSone
#1094  October 05, 2022, 06:38:16 am
    • USA
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to this thread. I've actually been sick for the past week but I'm back up to 90% now, which is enough for me to be working on my projects again. Anyway...

Alchemist of Atlas's Yang JP voice is outdated since she got the EXA update

It's updated now.

All fixed.

-Shana (Her 2B is air unblockable, but it hits in a downward direction)

This shall remain the way it is. While Shana's 2B does send the opponent downward, it still has the same hitbox verticality and serves the same general purpose as other upward launching 2Bs.
#1095  October 05, 2022, 07:03:54 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to this thread. I've actually been sick for the past week but I'm back up to 90% now, which is enough for me to be working on my projects again.

Was kinda wondering what's been going on, but glad to hear that you're going okay enough now. Hope that things weren't too serious while you were sick though.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#1096  October 05, 2022, 07:41:49 am
    • USA
Got to check those I mentioned and they're all fixed with the exception of one:
Yumi:
-The Overheat status still does not trigger when Ultimate Secret Ninja Art: Ice Queen was blocked (It only does when it misses).

I even checked the ones with that haven't been updated with EXA yet regarding the super spark layering on P2 side and they're fine as well. So that should be it on everyone for the time being. Hopefully you're feeling much better.

This shall remain the way it is. While Shana's 2B does send the opponent downward, it still has the same hitbox verticality and serves the same general purpose as other upward launching 2Bs.
While I was helping Ichida with Kanji and playing him in BBTAG simultaneously, I realize every 2B that every character has is air blockable regardless of direction. So I figured it something you done intentionally. Luckily that's the not the case with UNIB and BBCF, so it's fine. It's good that you still limit the anti-airs with upward 2B attack animations instead.
#1097  October 06, 2022, 04:15:07 am
    • USA
Got to check those I mentioned and they're all fixed with the exception of one:
Yumi:
-The Overheat status still does not trigger when Ultimate Secret Ninja Art: Ice Queen was blocked (It only does when it misses).

Fixed.
#1098  October 09, 2022, 12:44:51 pm
    • USA
I decided to spend time playing some more BBTAG on Training mode for feedback purposes. So while I was helping Ichida with his Kanji at the time, I noticed a few details he had on his Persona characters and they are missing on yours. Of course there was no way I would have known way earlier because I didn't have the game back then. So this feedback will cover regarding those this time around.

General:
-The flames when the Personas come out are layered in front of them (I thought this was an error on Ichida's characters. But after looking at the game in detail, I'm beginning to think they do appear behind them and also won't conflict with swish effects if they have any as I noticed with Izanagi with Yu's 5B).
-They are missing the break effects when their Personas are summoned (If you look at certain moves they do, they have a 6501 break animation. Look at the characters below for the specific ones I found).

Yu:
-The Break Effect are not present during these move animations with the respective sound effect:
5AA, 5AAA, D Zio, 5B, 5BB, jB, Running Grab Success, and all versions of Zio and Swift Strike.
-The sound for the Break effect doesn't play on Ziodyne and Cross Slash.

Adachi:
-The hitspark and guard spark of jC is misaligned when it hits the opponent higher in the air.

Unfortunately, I do not have the 2.0 expansion so I can't use Adachi. He probably has them too, but I don't know exactly which of his animations have them.

Yukiko:
-The Break Effect are not present during these move animations with the respective sound effect:
5A, 5AA, 5AAAA, jC, Agi, Maragi, Fire Boost, Agilao, Maragion and Fire Boost.

Mitsuru:
5AAAA, 2BB, jC, Marin Karin, Bufula & Bufudyne.

Also, I forgot to mention on the previous feedback for Taiga/Maid Taiga that the swish effect on their jAA follows her after touching the ground. I noticed it a lot more easier when the Neutral Jump Steering was added.
#1099  October 09, 2022, 04:22:42 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#1100  October 10, 2022, 06:48:06 am
    • USA