YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734150 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2141  October 01, 2020, 05:37:02 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
I figured I'd be disappointed regardless, so i never bothered getting my hopes up. Lookin forward to patch notes.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#2142  October 01, 2020, 05:41:01 pm
That video made me want to make a Mugen roster and not care about the sprite clashes lol

Anyways, my son played Minecraft a lot so that’s cool for him. I wish Scorpion from Mortal Kombat in PG form made it in. Thats a character from the next biggest fighting franchise that has no representation in this game
#2143  October 01, 2020, 05:54:09 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
P***ed myself laughing because of this XD. Glad it wasn't someone worse than Banjo and Byleth. (and yes I did admit that I never wanted banjo for smash, EVER! nuff said -_-)
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#2144  October 01, 2020, 05:59:03 pm
    • Brazil
Even though I like this inclusion, I get the feeling that Sakurai didn't want to include Steve. He didn't seem enthusiastic about this.
#2145  October 01, 2020, 06:01:00 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
"Nintendo made me do this" - Sakurai, probably
#2146  October 01, 2020, 07:34:24 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Well at least the memes are dead.
#2147  October 01, 2020, 07:38:22 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
Wonder how long his blocks last for. 'bout three, four seconds?

#2148  October 01, 2020, 10:37:04 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
lame
#2149  October 01, 2020, 10:41:52 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Alright, that's a good character choice.  And I feel slightly smug at trying the game earlier in the year for the first time in case Minecraft showed up here, so yay.  Now I can get the references

Few nitpicks, why the Enderman skin?  Endermen are a good 3-4 feet taller than the Player, have dislocated jaws and generally don't interact with the world as a Player would, a skin playing as one of them is odd.  They'd be better off as their own thing as an assist trophy and if a fourth skin is needed then go with a Skeleton or Piglin, who act more in line with the Player.  And not really a negative, just mild surprise that they didn't aim to replicate Minecraft: Story Mode's character animations and instead went to mimic the base game as nearly as possible.  Not unusual, SF characters attempt to mimic SFII the most, just thought they would like the additional bit to not make them.....stand out so oddly to the rest of the cast.  But probably a moot point, Minecraft anything will always look out of place against anything else.

But yeah, overall cool, this one I'll be happy to check out.

Thanks, now Steve is just adult Bobby Hill to me mentally.
Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 11:25:28 pm by Long John Killer
#2150  October 01, 2020, 11:26:49 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Steve from Minecraft? Nah, pretty lame. :P

From what i saw on Sakurai's words, Steve on SSBU was Nintendo's idea not Sakurai and probably he didn't like that idea so much.
Also Sakurai said that all the stages needed to be reworked because of Steve's inclusion on the game.
#2151  October 01, 2020, 11:54:17 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Looking over it again, I'm getting strong Mr. Game & Watch energy from Steve here.  He's been designed to represent the entire game as a concept rather than a specific character or personality.  I dig it.  Plus, that music slaps and the stage is gorgeous.

Wouldn't have been my first, second, or forty-ninth pick if it was up to me, but I'm genuinely looking forward to playing as him now.
#2152  October 02, 2020, 02:00:24 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Steve is officially the second DLC character I’m happy with. First was Terry.

Fight me. :P
#2153  October 02, 2020, 02:16:19 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Even though I like this inclusion, I get the feeling that Sakurai didn't want to include Steve. He didn't seem enthusiastic about this.

Suddenly makes sense that Fighter Pass 2 got 6 characters instead of 5 now.

Honestly, I do not mind this. Me and my little brother (who have been playing Minecraft for years) watched it together and I laughed my ass off. I did not know how to react, I just burst out laughing.

I'm pretty hyped over this! I really never liked Steve, nor Minecraft itself, but I respect it for it's innovation, it's popularity and for it's fans. That itself makes me respect the choice for sure. Always wondered how Sakurai & Co would create such a moveset, so I do think this was exactly what Smash needed at this point.

Hoping Crash will make one of the last spots lol.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#2154  October 02, 2020, 02:25:33 am
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
I haven't played Minecraft in years, in part because I basically dipped out when Microsoft dropped the dosh to acquire it. Still, I enjoyed the time I had with it a lot, and while I'm not particularly excited like a fan would be about his inclusion, it's still enough of a positive note that I can enjoy it.

Steve is officially the second DLC character I’m happy with. First was Terry.

Fight me. :P

Honestly? I'm with ya.

To me, Plant was a giant space flea from nowhere, Joker was a moderate reception, Hero was a 'wut' but a nice 'traditional' RPG addition, Banjo was great, despite my never having held a nostalgia candle with his name on it, Terry was absolutely wild and I lapped up every second, and Byleth was a wet blanket.

I can't really complain about any of these, it's still bonus content.

#2155  October 02, 2020, 02:29:35 am
    • Brazil
I can't really complain about any of these, it's still bonus content.
That you pay for. Its not free, its not a gift, so people who complain have all the right to do so.
#2156  October 02, 2020, 02:29:47 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Alright, that's a good character choice.  And I feel slightly smug at trying the game earlier in the year for the first time in case Minecraft showed up here, so yay.  Now I can get the references

Few nitpicks, why the Enderman skin?  Endermen are a good 3-4 feet taller than the Player, have dislocated jaws and generally don't interact with the world as a Player would, a skin playing as one of them is odd.  They'd be better off as their own thing as an assist trophy and if a fourth skin is needed then go with a Skeleton or Piglin, who act more in line with the Player.  And not really a negative, just mild surprise that they didn't aim to replicate Minecraft: Story Mode's character animations and instead went to mimic the base game as nearly as possible.  Not unusual, SF characters attempt to mimic SFII the most, just thought they would like the additional bit to not make them.....stand out so oddly to the rest of the cast.  But probably a moot point, Minecraft anything will always look out of place against anything else.

But yeah, overall cool, this one I'll be happy to check out.

instead of Enderman they should have made the fourth skin Herobrine
#2157  October 02, 2020, 02:32:35 am
    • Brazil
Isn't Herobrine a non-official thing?
#2158  October 02, 2020, 02:38:16 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
#2159  October 02, 2020, 02:41:57 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'm not familiar with Herobrine, my playthrough earlier this year had nothing to do with it.  Looking it up, it appears to be nothing more than a local legend to the Minecraft fanbase, not even actually incorporated into the game itself, and as a skin its only difference between it and Steve are white eyes which are mostly ignorable in a fight and not helpful to the actual reasons for these outfits; to stand out from one-another.

Including it would be akin to if they went with Master Chief instead of Minecraft here they had a Mister Chief skin and the Halo stage incorporated Megg.  Neat deep cut reference, not particularly helpful.

Also R.I.P. Master Chief.  Not that it was likely, but add another notch against him with now needing to be a third Microsoft rep instead of hypothetical second.
#2160  October 02, 2020, 03:01:45 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
There's a part of me that wants to hope that this Nintendo/Microsoft partnership could make Doom Slayer more likely what with the recent buyout, but I know the DLC was locked in way before that happened.