YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247476 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#401  September 11, 2020, 03:01:37 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
please finish your version of Falcon, it looks so well made.

to be frank, it's 1000 times better than the existing one and I kind of am getting sick of these "private" versions of characters. I got pretty upset at myself for getting involved with someone's private game knowing I can't morally release it without being a scumbag. I really wish I could.

I was atleast able to help out with another character so that made me feel a bit better :P

... I see what you did there...
#402  September 23, 2020, 04:59:43 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
So here's the latest build of Falcon. I updated his item toss UT, and when the item hits, it breaks open and drops a stone, with the goal to collect all three. If you don't have all three stones, he has access to two supers, Super Falcon Cannon and Super Falcon Upper, which are pretty basic (but not useless supers). However, when you collect all three, you then have access to three Power Fusion supers, including his L3 Super which does huge damage and is hard to avoid. I also added an Izuna Drop command grab which also works in air, and I added a target combo. The voice is me and I have already decided I'm not right for it, and I have a couple of people sending me auditions to voice him, so please don't make fun of my voice, lol.

Download Last Bout now!
#403  September 24, 2020, 03:08:17 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Solid work man! Question though, are you going to have it so he loses the gems like in Power Stone after doing his Level 3? that might be a good idea so he doesn't just retain it (I assume it would also reset between rounds) but promising stuff, it looks great!
#404  September 24, 2020, 04:29:28 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I hadn't planned on it, seemed like it was enough that he has to collect all 3 stones AND get L3 super meter to do the move that it felt a little much to have him shed the stones afterwards. Dropping the stones would give him a shot at the super maybe once per match, twice tops, don't know if it's worth all that. It would need some serious benefits and do massive damage for it to be worth it. It does reset between rounds though.

Download Last Bout now!
#405  September 25, 2020, 02:34:54 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I suppose it depends on how much the item toss drains his UT as well, since if it's quite a lot and it's hard for him to earn it back again then it would definitely be more of a hinderance, maybe instead of all he loses 1? I'm not sure, also I assume only the active player that reveals the stones can interact with them right? so if a second player touches it nothing happens? or will it vanish to prevent him from collecting it? Mostly just thinking about this because I wasn't sure how this mechanic would be affected in a mirror match as well, since I assume P1 Falcon can only pick up his gems, and P2 Falcon can only get his own? I wasn't sure if the gems would also be on his palette or if they would just be like a predetermined set like in the trailer with the Red/Blue/Yellow.

lui

#406  September 25, 2020, 05:16:49 pm
    • USA
please finish your version of Falcon, it looks so well made.

to be frank, it's 1000 times better than the existing one and I kind of am getting sick of these "private" versions of characters. I got pretty upset at myself for getting involved with someone's private game knowing I can't morally release it without being a scumbag. I really wish I could.

I was atleast able to help out with another character so that made me feel a bit better :P

... I see what you did there...

wasn't a reference to you guys. chill.

was a reference to another thing.
#407  September 28, 2020, 11:25:35 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Have some portraits!

Also a win pose!

So it's looking increasingly like I won't be able to get out the original intended update of 12 characters by the end of 2020, making the whole "Capcom vs The World '20" thing kind of obsolete. A user on Youtube insisted I release a partial update and I normally would be like nah don't tell me what to do, but I think it might actually be an okay idea to go ahead and release what's done. So here in the next week or two I'm going to put out an update that will include Fiona, Falcon, Guy, Akuma, Goku, Bloodtide and Kung Fu Man, along with a new stage (probably that Skyline stage). Sorry I'm not further into this update but I'm really swamped at work and have been having time management and motivation issues.

--------------------------------

Also, what's your guys' opinion on this, something I found on Youtube last week:

^^^NOT MY VIDEO OR UPDATE^^^

Looks like someone else has been working on a pretty substantial update to the game. This video was posted a month ago, and based on some of the stuff he says in the vid, maybe he doesn't know that I've been working on the game again? I mean he can do his own thing, I'm not complaining or trying to stop it because it looks pretty cool (aside from some clashing sprites IMHO), just looking for some thoughts on it.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 11:38:37 pm by Sean Altly
#408  September 28, 2020, 11:36:14 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
It's a cool idea as long as the sprites all are in the similar style. Any adjustments you feel are needed for Akuma are cool with me. Are there any plans to have a Mortal Kombat-esque stage included?
Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 11:43:46 pm by SlenderMan
#409  September 28, 2020, 11:38:06 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
That video isn't mine, it's somebody else working on an update that I just found out about

Download Last Bout now!
#410  September 28, 2020, 11:44:20 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I saw. My bad dude. Still if it helps you out to work with em then I say go for it.
#411  September 29, 2020, 12:02:11 am
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Sean’s not asking if he should work with them, he’s asking if he should tell the guy working on this version of the game about the update he’s doing.

Personally, I think you should let the guy know you’re working on your own update. I would also advise against letting him offer to ‘help’ with your version - he's clearly doing something different with this version and it’d be better for you to stick to your own vision here. Unless, of course, there’s anything you explicitly want to adapt from his version. That’s up to you, of course.
#412  September 29, 2020, 12:06:49 am
I know that’s not what he’s doing, but IMO I say reach out to the guy and see if he officially wants to help since he seems as passionate as Sean does. I’m particularly interested in his Mewtwo and Phoenix Wright.

I’m sure he’s unaware that Sean is back.. Sean + the help from that guy and the contributions slender man made could probably lead to a massive update... of course sean’s release will omit something of those characters in the video due to sprite inconsistencies

Either way though, he should let the guy know he’s also back after 7 years
#413  September 29, 2020, 12:14:53 am
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
I don’t want to presume anything, but I think Sean has his own vision for this update. Mostly just to avoid swamping himself with too much work. And also the one creating this update has their own vision which doesn’t quite match what already exists. It’s Sean’s call, of course, but I’d rather not see this update turn into a bloated mess that takes forever to come out, instead of a smaller and more manageable thing as it is now.

Also, if I must be honest, I wasn’t fond of what I saw in that video. I appreciated the visual updates on some characters, and Jedah looked pretty cool, but others didn't seem to fit the CvtW style very much and looked more fighting for a more traditional VS-style game. And that Mewtwo super was way too long. I’m also fairly certain that was my Mario in there, which immediately made me smell ‘compilation’, which isn’t a very good sign.
Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 12:50:10 am by Steel Komodo
#414  September 29, 2020, 02:30:39 am
    • Brazil
First and foremost, I think we should know if his content actually has quality. Its easy to make them look good in a video montage, but the gameplay is another thing. Maybe Sean could work together with him or he could just continue his own stuff and call it "Capcom vs The World Official 2020 update".
#415  September 29, 2020, 02:57:50 am
Sean’s stuff is open source and he doesn’t seem Bothered by the guy updating it so I guess it won’t be too bad to check out his stuff as well
#416  September 29, 2020, 03:38:36 am
    • Mexico
Some characters overlap though, like Jotaro and Wesker. If anything he could help Sean out with those characters, that way the only characters Sean would need to work on would be those he's most passionate about like Shawn and Mario. And then, if he feels like it, he could finish up people like Pure, Billy, and M.Bison.

Also I really don't think you're a bad fit for Falcon. You sound british enough and you have enough experience voicing characters for your voice to avoid sounding amateurish.
Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 03:42:54 am by PBRTODD101
#417  September 29, 2020, 04:06:50 am
    • Mexico
First and foremost, I think we should know if his content actually has quality. Its easy to make them look good in a video montage, but the gameplay is another thing. Maybe Sean could work together with him or he could just continue his own stuff and call it "Capcom vs The World Official 2020 update".

I kind of know a little bit of his quality. He once shared at MMV a bunch of chibi characters years ago and his work wasn't bad at all, or so do I remember. I'm gonna try to see if I can find those so people can have a better judgement. Needless to say I don't think it'd be wrong if Sean wanted to collaborate or have his assistance, nor do I think there's anything wrong with telling him that there's another update by the original creator so long as it's not with malicious intents.

EDIT: Found 'em. MMV links are mostly dead, but it seems he's still been updating the project at YT.

BTW, I don't know why I didn't say this before, but I really don't see anything unfitting or bad about your british voice, Sean. It's not your greatest voicework IMO (that'd be Exile), but there's nothing bad about Falcon at all. Then again, my best references for british voices are hearing the likes of Jim Sterling, CreepsMcPasta and MasakoX, and my voice imitations of them are not really good, so what do I know.
Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 04:41:37 am by Nemuresu
#418  September 29, 2020, 04:48:20 am
I’m also fairly certain that was my Mario in there, which immediately made me smell ‘compilation’, which isn’t a very good sign.

I'm also getting this kind of feeling. I'm no Mugen creator, but I'm pretty sure there's no way all those newcomers are coded from scratch, they must be edits. I mean, you didn't include all of Memo's edits in the past as that would result, as Steel Komodo correctly put, in a bloated mess. Also having hi-res characters such as Yamatos DMC4 Dante and Yamakichis/Infinites Cloud is just wrong, they clash with the rest of the cast horribly.

Though I must admit, the changes he made to Squall (showcased in a separate video on his channel) didn't looked half-bad.

I hope this version of the game won't prevent you from further updating your own version, I'm kinda afraid it will turn into another CVTW2 situation.

EDIT: Oh, and he also missed the latest dampirs KOFXIII K' update for the game.
Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 04:56:40 am by GreenZed
#419  September 29, 2020, 05:39:50 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I just watched the video, and the first thing I noticed were the exaggerated sparks/SFX. Then there was the various clashing sprites as others mentioned and the rather bland roster picks. I'd rather Sean keep doing his own thing and let the guy have fun with his version.

I’m also fairly certain that was my Mario in there, which immediately made me smell ‘compilation’, which isn’t a very good sign.

He's also using the Z2 Goku.
#420  September 29, 2020, 08:13:18 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
@Sean Altly: On an unrelated note, I checked out Psych out of curiosity after you mentioned you're creating Shawn Spencer. I got hooked immediately and have finished watching all 8 seasons and the movies. I'm in love with the show and Maggie Lawson :joyful. Thank you for Shawn, Sean.