YesNoOk

Gora's Martial Artist, Mai-Ling Release + Character Updates (Read 11395 times)

Started by Suprizle, May 16, 2021, 08:03:12 pm
Share this topic:
Gora's Martial Artist, Mai-Ling Release + Character Updates
#1  May 16, 2021, 08:03:12 pm
    • Canada
Tiny and Lethal. Gora's Martial Artist, Mai-Ling/Tao is back!

Patch Notes & Screenshots
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Hanzo & Fuuma 2.1 Updates

Patch Notes & Screenshots
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 01:30:46 pm by Suprizle
Re: Gora Martial Artist, Mai-Ling Release + Character Updates
#2  May 16, 2021, 08:30:41 pm
Dope stuff man
Re: Gora's Martial Artist, Mai-Ling Release + Character Updates
#3  May 16, 2021, 08:52:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Good stuff!!
Time to test them!
#4  May 16, 2021, 08:55:10 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Oh nice, I didn't get a chance to test her yet, just due to work, but I'll check out this updated version now that I have some free time!
#5  May 16, 2021, 09:08:50 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
YES!!! :D

Thanks a bunch man, time to test!
#6  May 16, 2021, 09:49:47 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

1. EX Kuujin-Ken only hits once or twice at certain points up close and it passes through P2 before it can do the other hits. Cho Kuujin-Ken also has this issue but this was in the corner.
2. I think Koukaku Shuu (Ground version at least) would be better as B,D,DB becuase you could potentially do Koen instead if you'd previously pressed F.
3. No Guard Spark on Seiyuuki Gekido.
4. Seiyuuki Gekido also doesn't trigger the Super Finish FX.
5. Nitpick, but what's with the White Legs on her default palettes? I know the original's her 7th palette but still.

Nice effort, though, as per usual with the likes of you. Has anyone ever considered making AIs for ya'?
I may test the Iga Ninjas soon.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#7  May 16, 2021, 11:20:02 pm
    • Canada
Thank you, Fellows. Appreciate the downloads! :)

Oh nice, I didn't get a chance to test her yet, just due to work, but I'll check out this updated version now that I have some free time!

No worries man. Pretty much the same reason I've been absurdly slow with the releases, but I appreciate your help regardless!

1. EX Kuujin-Ken only hits once or twice at certain points up close and it passes through P2 before it can do the other hits. Cho Kuujin-Ken also has this issue but this was in the corner.
2. I think Koukaku Shuu (Ground version at least) would be better as B,D,DB becuase you could potentially do Koen instead if you'd previously pressed F.
3. No Guard Spark on Seiyuuki Gekido.
4. Seiyuuki Gekido also doesn't trigger the Super Finish FX.
5. Nitpick, but what's with the White Legs on her default palettes? I know the original's her 7th palette but still.

Nice effort, though, as per usual with the likes of you. Has anyone ever considered making AIs for ya'?
I may test the Iga Ninjas soon.

1. Fixed.
2. That's valid. I don't notice it myself, but if it's a nagging issue across the board, I'll switch it up.
3. Fixed!!
4. Christ... how that even slipped is... whateves. It's also fixed LOL.
5. Small design change/update. They're white leggings with underwear over them (similar to a wrestler). You can still find the original CVS palette without leggings in the SFF or Act folder.

Thank you for the feedback! :)

EDIT: UPDATED!

No, not yet and I've been dyiiing for proper AIs. If you can do it, we can definitely chat! Bout time I should learn it anyway.
Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 11:50:43 pm by Suprizle
#8  May 18, 2021, 02:03:19 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Another one of my fav creator doing his thing. I’m late for the party.lol Time to test out the goodies.
#9  May 18, 2021, 06:45:05 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

You did great once again bro, such amazing improvement on Mai-Ling. :)

But two things.
- Seiyuuki Gekido doesn't appear the finish background
- Pursuit Attack when performed with Medium Punch + Medium Kick, the Power Charge effects appears and still going.
#10  May 18, 2021, 12:57:12 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
For some reason, I can't download Fuuma's update as my computer detects it as a virus. Mai-Ling and Hanzo is fine though.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#11  May 20, 2021, 12:02:38 am
    • UK

Got to Hanzo and Fuuma:

1. Chain Combos feel too limited for my liking. It's stange that it only really applies to standing normals.
2. Special Cancelling for Ninja Leg Lariat doesn't seem to work.
3. If you cancel too early into Okugi Banten Senkoujin, the Superpause doesn't occur.
4. What's with "C. Medium Kick no longer trips opponent while running."? It's useless like this because you can't link with anything and special cancels aren't a possibility.
5. Tanagokoro and Satsu Chouken could use an energy sound for the Palm Wave.
6. The game (MUGEN 1.1) crashed for me at one point when using Densosetsuka no Jotsu Kiri Mai. Don't remember how it occurd.
7. Kyouryou Okugi Kyougeki Kujikirijin's first feint jump is kinda weird. It'd be better off without it but not making it too awkward.

Still a cool effort even after all this time. The combos just feel more specific than usual for me, but that's probably because I haven't grown to your style enough.
WIP Schedule:
#12  May 20, 2021, 07:02:34 am
    • Canada
Another one of my fav creator doing his thing. I’m late for the party.lol Time to test out the goodies.

Ayyy~! Enjoy brother! ;D

[youtube]https://youtu.be/lEO2_7wVhRk[/youtube]

You did great once again bro, such amazing improvement on Mai-Ling. :)

But two things.
- Seiyuuki Gekido doesn't appear the finish background
- Pursuit Attack when performed with Medium Punch + Medium Kick, the Power Charge effects appears and still going.

YEEEES! The video! Gonna watch shortly!

- Was already fixed. Re-download.
- Ah, I see how that can happen. I'll fix and update once I get a moment!

Thank you, good friend! I appreciate your work as well! :)

For some reason, I can't download Fuuma's update as my computer detects it as a virus. Mai-Ling and Hanzo is fine though.

I'm not sure what's going on with that but I'll re-package and upload again as well.

Got to Hanzo and Fuuma:

1. Chain Combos feel too limited for my liking. It's stange that it only really applies to standing normals.
2. Special Cancelling for Ninja Leg Lariat doesn't seem to work.
3. If you cancel too early into Okugi Banten Senkoujin, the Superpause doesn't occur.
4. What's with "C. Medium Kick no longer trips opponent while running."? It's useless like this because you can't link with anything and special cancels aren't a possibility.
5. Tanagokoro and Satsu Chouken could use an energy sound for the Palm Wave.
6. The game (MUGEN 1.1) crashed for me at one point when using Densosetsuka no Jotsu Kiri Mai. Don't remember how it occurd.
7. Kyouryou Okugi Kyougeki Kujikirijin's first feint jump is kinda weird. It'd be better off without it but not making it too awkward.

Still a cool effort even after all this time. The combos just feel more specific than usual for me, but that's probably because I haven't grown to your style enough.

1. I can agree to an extent, but that's kinda how their gameplay has always operated (WH, NGBC). I beefed them up with some extra links and tools (hence the normals/specials being expanded), but they're not true rush characters like Guy and Ibuki for example. They're more technical and really punish on setups. Anything more would potentially break them.
2. That's because you haven't landed. Super cancelling from Leg Lariat only applies to Okugi Hachi Kadodan Hikari Kiri since they're both airborne moves.
3. Interesting... and I already know where that problem likely lies. Will fix!
4. A running trip is usually not a normal in FGs (at least to my knowledge). BUT I have been battling with the concept, so I understand where you're coming from. I'll return to it and perhaps come up with something else after the fixes.
5. There isn't supposed to be one (couldn't tell you why) but... yeah, you're right. Why not?! Will update this too!
6. Not sure. It hasn't happened on my end and I only use 1.1 and Ikemen.
7. LOL you know what, it's been bothering me as well for the longest but just got used to it over time. But I'll see what I can do! :)

Yeah, they've been tighten up quite a bit. I just didn't have the coding knowledge to really hone down on their game play before. But most of the old combos (if not, all) are still doable and much easier to pull off as input timing is faaar less strict than it was previously. A lot has changed since their first releases, so it'll take some getting used to. Based on your playstyle, I think Mai-Ling is more in your alley!

Solid feedback though man. Shiet, I could use one more tester if you're down. :mlol:
Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 07:40:46 am by Suprizle
#13  May 20, 2021, 07:35:11 am
    • UK

2. That's because you haven't landed. Super cancelling from Leg Lariat only applies to Okugi Hachi Kadodan Hikari Kiri since they're both airborne moves.

I meant from Normal to Special, not Special to Super.
WIP Schedule:
#14  May 20, 2021, 07:47:05 am
    • Canada

I meant from Normal to Special, not Special to Super.

Ahhh, I got you now! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll jazz it up and put out an update by tomorrow. Including the other issues pointed out.
#15  May 21, 2021, 12:12:04 am
You should check your Fuuma zip file. Windows reports it as malware.
#16  May 21, 2021, 02:19:43 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I downloaded all fighters with no problem. No threats detected, via Trend micro max security.
#17  May 21, 2021, 05:09:31 am
    • Canada
It was fine initially. However, I did a test download today and a virus was detected on my end too.

With that said, the fixes/updates won't take long and they'll be re-uploaded shortly. I'll edit or reply once it's all done. :)

EDIT: UPDATED AND FIXED ALL MENTIONED BUGS. RE-DOWNLOAD!
Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 07:19:41 am by Suprizle
#18  May 21, 2021, 06:15:29 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Right right, not the most polish tester. Still I get it down to, with seeing small details. I will give my two cents, later on if I spot anything that have not been mentioned. Besides that, nice touches man. I feel the flow in them, you hook my boys up and their little sister.lol Just wondering wats next.
#19  May 21, 2021, 07:24:39 am
    • Canada
Most appreciated! :)

Rowen made a few excellent points that weren't caught, so definitely give the recent updates a download. If anything else comes up, I'll get to them. As for what's next, it's the other little sister, Makoto.
#20  May 21, 2021, 01:03:18 pm
    • Canada
Main post has been updated with the new patch notes. Hanzo was also uploaded again with some small extras as well as the superpause fix.

Anything animation/concept wise, will be done on another major update if needed. Otherwise as mentioned above, if any bugs come up, just say the word and I'll knock them down when able!