YesNoOk

StormEX | Natsu Dragneel | Fairy Tail | Original Sprites (Read 589195 times)

Started by StormEX, July 03, 2012, 09:35:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: StormEX | Natsu Dragneel | Fairy Tail | Original Sprites
#981  April 09, 2021, 08:56:10 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
For the moment; I’m working on his new Portrait (as shown above) so once that’s completed, I’ll share what’s else has been done..! :yes:
#982  April 09, 2021, 09:09:56 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sounds like a plan.
#983  April 14, 2021, 09:33:12 am
Welcome back. Glad to see you back on this project.

What are your sources of inspiration for this project, aside from the Anime?
#984  April 15, 2021, 05:07:28 am
  • StormEX
    • USA
A friend of mine (thanewdude07, the gentleman currently working on an Original Sprite “Yusuke Urameshi“) and a couple of others I’ve keep in touch with we’re working on projects of their own, which laid a lot of the ground work for me (in terms of inspiration) to continue this project, & finish it to its fullest degree. What killed my inspiration early on was my old computer crashing & ruining all my progress. However; I’ve ordered the necessary tools to work on the damages, & retrieve the files needed to put myself back on the map.

While I was away, I gained a lot of external knowledge & more refined ideas for what I’d like to do with Natsu as a character. A lot of what I’ve said in the past still holds true, today. Natsu will be a Predominantly close range fighter. He’ll have some minimal ranged attacks, like some of the more obvious ones (fire dragon roar). But the rest will rely heavily on combo mix ups, that lead into command attacks. There’s more to come, so my exit post here will have more to showcase. Stay tuned for the weeks to come..!

One final note. In terms of inspiration; Destiny 2 was part of why I came back as well. I found myself investing a lot of time into its grind. Noting several aspects of the game i thoroughly enjoyed. Warlocks are my favorite class, and the solar element gave me a lot of fond ideas for what to do, with certain attacks.
#985  April 17, 2021, 11:10:19 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
Happy I could be a source of inspiration!  As always I'm looking forward to your progress! Happy to see you back in action!

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#986  April 17, 2021, 10:10:57 pm
Maybe a youtube video with voiceover explaining the thought behind the character? That would be nice, like the MR above did :D i really like his video.
#987  May 02, 2021, 07:01:32 am
  • StormEX
    • USA
Its still an (obvious) early draft, but its coming together:

:gossip:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

once this parts done, I'll move onto revamping his sprites..! I also commissioned an artist to possibly do his own version, or use mine as a base. So what you see now may drastically change, over the course of now & next week..! Stay tuned
Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 07:48:34 pm by StormEX
#988  May 06, 2021, 05:46:09 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looking so good, please keep up the hard works.
#989  May 06, 2021, 06:36:48 am
  • StormEX
    • USA

Reworking a lot of elements here & there but it’s coming together like a charm..!  ;D
#990  May 07, 2021, 06:15:07 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Man you always impress me, making this anime character come to life. Oh yeah, I rock with hunters.lol
#991  May 08, 2021, 05:52:05 pm
  • StormEX
    • USA
Congratulations on winning the Guardian Games in Destiny! Hunters took that trophy, like it belonged to them from the very start. :yes:

As of right now, I’m only able to dedicate around two days of the week towards programming & Spriting..! So don’t expect a vast amount of change, until a few more weeks from now. This is just the start..!
#992  May 09, 2021, 11:34:24 am
I think the line on his cheek under the eye should be removed, it wasn't there in the initial sketch and to be honest it doesn't look right on him.