YesNoOk

problems and depression (Read 12726 times)

Started by Mushypepito123, November 02, 2019, 09:26:08 am
Share this topic:
problems and depression
#1  November 02, 2019, 09:26:08 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
It's ok, I will show a vid for you :}
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36aqG_dsdH4[/youtube]

..... i'm basically fed up right now... i look like a damn idiot because of that video. i mean SERIOUSLY?! i'm totally fed up! i'm real Depressed about this! i even get to cut myself! seriously! you can't just upload a video because of how nasty the spidey char is! but seriously?! i feel like i'm insulted!! i even tried to keep my cool while i make a comment about it, but then again! i'm totally becoming a SHITTY OUTCAST for this shit! i can't even fucking take it anymore!

Ever since i recoded this char! i always hesitated on releasing it,or updating it! because all Mugen Guild cares is just real Perfection and stuff, but seriously! nobody is damn perfect at all!! and about that Burst coding flaw. i don't know what the actual FUCK is wrong with it but you better just deal with it!

ok, that's just harsh. and yet i'm 14. what. you seriously try to keep mocking me just because of my childish coding? and for a second thought. i never knew that it was a glitchy behavior until now.

Your age has nothing to do with it, you can be 12 or 90 and still make good characters.

Oof, didn't expect a remark on a coding flaw to be taken that seriously.

But yeah, age really has nothing to do with quality.

nope! i can't take it anymore, i'm real pissed! if this is how people is treating me, then just stop!

ok, that's just harsh. and yet i'm 14. what. you seriously try to keep mocking me just because of my childish coding? and for a second thought. i never knew that it was a glitchy behavior until now.

When did I mock you? You are simply being defensive simply because I managed to point out your flaws. Logically, there is no reason for a character not to be able to burst from a normal get-hit custom state and you are just trying to disguise it as a feature instead of figuring out how to fix it. This "I'm 14 and I can make as many mistakes as I want without people noticing" ain't going to get you anywhere, grow up kid.
Consider this the last reply to you about this topic as I don't feel the need of derailing this thread. Take this to PM if you want but expect no reply in return.

what about that diss video you just fucking show off to youtube!? HUH?! When will you even remove it from the face of the earth?! i'm totally pissed about how it just gave me the problem! as for something like "Grow up kid" JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP! does it look like i made a coding flaw!? no! it's a fucking feature that i implemented! just give me a fucking break!
Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 09:41:14 am by Mushypepito123
Re: problems and depression
#2  November 02, 2019, 09:42:58 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Tell your parents you need psychiatric help.

Because you need psychiatric help.
#3  November 02, 2019, 09:46:30 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines

i don't have fucking parents, and i've been staying in my grandma's home, living in hell for most of my damn life through bullying and mental harmness, and why wouldn't you keep out from the situation i'm fucking going? this is not even a thread for a mental healthy person.
#4  November 02, 2019, 09:49:16 am
    • Puerto Rico
Then tell your legal guardian to get you psychiatric help. You're right, a mentally healthy person wouldn't be saying the words you're saying now.

Criticism will always happen, if you don't learn to deal with it properly, it's going to get a hell lot worse.
#5  November 02, 2019, 09:49:51 am
nobody did insulted you, they gave you proper feed back told you what code are messed up. you derailed you're own topic by throwing tantrum first. i suggest you rest for awhile cool you're head it's holiday go get a drink or spend more time with your grandma take some time off.
#6  November 02, 2019, 09:54:04 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
nobody did insulted you, they gave you proper feed back told you what's code are messed up. you derailed you're own topic by throwing tantrum first. i suggest you rest for awhile cool you're head it's holiday go get a drink.

i bet you're right, but the damn burst flaw feedback was a total bullshit! if they don't want those stupid burst crap! then they'd stop! there's no flaw in the burst system of my fucking chars at all! and that the burst system was only designed for normal hit states, nothing else!

as for that video Mr. Giang just showed back at the time i made a 1st standalone update to spidey, it became a plain bust damage to my fucking emotions!
Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 09:57:52 am by Mushypepito123
#7  November 02, 2019, 10:02:28 am
    • Puerto Rico
Yea, just cause you believe something isn't a flaw, doesn't mean it isn't a flaw.

If you can't handle criticism, you should just quit now. As they say, "If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen."
#8  November 02, 2019, 10:11:20 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
Yea, just cause you believe something isn't a flaw, doesn't mean it isn't a flaw.

If you can't handle criticism, you should just quit now. As they say, "If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

i'd gladly leave while keeping this thread on, because i'll leave it open to somebody who has problems

lui

#9  November 02, 2019, 10:21:47 am
    • USA
Hey, mushy, relax.

I know things look rough since you are dealing with much older people and since I ASSUME you are in the Phillipenes, I can see how rough it is to find someone to talk to as someone who used to be a resident myself and is from Nueva Ecija. So yes, I know it is tough.

Tell you what, just relax, and if you need someone to talk to to vent, please PM me so you can sort out your feelings properly. I am extending my hand to listen. I normally do not do this since most users are adults and/or teenagers who can take care of themselves. But I'll make an exception.

You're 14 and I get it's hard to interact with people like this, so contact me if you're still feeling very anxious.
#10  November 02, 2019, 12:31:50 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
I've seen your char and saw how people reacted towards it.
I wouldn't have acted the way some reacted if it was me, but I can assure you that criticism is inevitable if you are releasing a char on to the internet under your name.

I started MUGEN at a similar age as you and looking back at some of my beta chars makes me cringe. Unsorted sprites with bad numbering, whacky coding with incosistent followups etc.

My point is, don't get too offended by people on the net. They don't know you personally and will probably never will. All you can do is look at the criticism and take or leave it. Never take them too seriously since you will never get to know them anyway. Just learn from your mistakes and you'll get better eventually.

The internet is a scary place full of annonymous people, but the good news is that it ends there.
#11  November 02, 2019, 02:39:44 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
I've got some advice for you, @Mushypepito123

When people criticize your work, take the time to dissect their criticisms and figure out what's wrong with your release, and perhaps fix it with a second version.
Don't treat people's criticisms as hate, detestation, hostility, or the like.
Don't deny flaws in your work. Take the time to fix them instead.
Try not to get too sad or angry about anything people say about your work.

I get that this may seem like the worst place in the world to you. But it doesn't have to be that way. Just follow my advice, and you should be good.
All of this advice is from someone who went through something similar a while ago.
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#12  November 02, 2019, 07:05:18 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
As a fellow Filipino you should have expect a few or several harsh criticism/feedback on your works

Since not everyone here is going to give you a 'nice char +1' this isn't MMV or MA

because everyone here has its own taste when it comes to quality unfortunately those people who gave you an harsh feedback on your work prefers quality over quantity (unfortunately i'm of those who prefer good quality/ well made characters)

i may not seen your work but based on the others opinion it's easy to guess your character need more work

just follow George advice if i were you

honestly cutting yourself because your work has been criticize harshly

that would be the stupidest thing to do
#13  November 02, 2019, 07:44:15 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Hello Mushypepito123. I did not mean to offend you, and I'm sure the others did not too. All I was trying to do is to tell you not to hide the flaws of your creations behind your age. As I said, your age has nothing to do with it. Did you see Maximus thread? He is fucking 40+ years old and he still got MANY flaws on his character. We did the same thing with him that we did with you, we gave him feedback, he took it and said he was going to fix the flaws. You need to learn that criticism and feedback here is just for you to improve your skills, we are not bullying you.

I'm really sorry that you're going through all of this, but go back and look at it as a way to improve, not as hate throwing at you.

When I released my first character I also got many negative feedback pointing out flaws, I also did not like the way people talk, I also got a little pissed, but no one is born knowing everything, I took the time to fix everything and I learned to handle feedback a lot better. The flaws I had when I first started are rarely seen in my new characters because of all the feedback, don't you think this is a good thing? Is like a lesson you won't forget when making characters in the future.

That's all, I hope you take my and the other words on how to handle this situation, and again, I'm sorry.

I've got some advice for you, @Mushypepito123

When people criticize your work, take the time to dissect their criticisms and figure out what's wrong with your release, and perhaps fix it with a second version.
Don't treat people's criticisms as hate, detestation, hostility, or the like.
Don't deny flaws in your work. Take the time to fix them instead.
Try not to get too sad or angry about anything people say about your work.

I get that this may seem like the worst place in the world to you. But it doesn't have to be that way. Just follow my advice, and you should be good.
All of this advice is from someone who went through something similar a while ago.

Man, you've really grown up on that subject, it doesn't even feels like I'm talking to the same GeorgeMP from a while ago, that's really good. Keep it up, I'm really proud of you. :)
Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 08:14:43 am by DeathScythe
#14  November 02, 2019, 09:03:21 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
Although unfortunately, it may be too late.
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#15  November 02, 2019, 10:57:15 pm
  • Fight
    • Brazil
I've been a victim of these supposed feedbacks. I didn't grow up or learn anything from it. In fact, I was very disappointed.

We have to be careful what is considered normal. Treating a person badly and saying that he is guilty of it is too sadistic.

It is always the same modus operandi. always the same sentences.

The guy arrives rudely, comes others agree. Then someone comes and says it's better to give up. Moderation should curb the perverse impulses of some here. Have you ever imagined someone committing suicide because of this nonsense?

maybe it's a warning to rethink all this shit.

The author makes a char because he wants to. It is a hobby. You can give the feedback. But he will only correct if he wants. He doesn't have to be attacked for it.

If you want high-level characters, hire professionals to do that.

My two cents.
Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 11:09:44 pm by Beto
#16  November 02, 2019, 11:27:33 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

I've been a victim of these supposed feedbacks. I didn't grow up or learn anything from it. In fact, I was very disappointed.

Everyone gets disappointed when someone spots a flaw in their creations, but not learning from it? Then you'll keep making the same mistakes on all your chars? ok...

The author makes a char because he wants to. It is a hobby. You can give the feedback. But he will only correct if he wants. He doesn't have to be attacked for it.

If you want high-level characters, hire professionals to do that.

Yeah, is a hobby, but is not an excuse to make buggy chars. The way you think makes it look like you want to be always in the same spot and not improve at all. It's like "I don't care if my char is buggy, it's fine for me". I like to think about it as an exam. The teacher will always point everything answered wrong. What will you do? You won't care and fail in the next exam again? Or will study what was wrong in the last exam and try to get it right this time?
#17  November 02, 2019, 11:32:44 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Beto's pretty much the last person to justify himself in this thread considering his character Read Mes have roundabout ways of telling the downloader "fuck you"... over feedback and assets that he swiped from elsewhere and blatantly claims as his own. No way is that not going to get people on his case lol. At least GeorgeMP owned it up and accepted the responsibility and MushyPepito actually did initially (pretty sure he still can).
#18  November 03, 2019, 12:09:52 am
  • Fight
    • Brazil
I am steadily improving my chars. even some pointed things would be corrected soon if that freak had not happened.

and I'll talk for the last time, I'm not the dark wolverine encoder. His template is a mix of kenshiro and shinzankuru stuff. I just finalized and fixed bugs.
 It's very convenient to say that I stole something right here.

What I asked for in the text files was that it was not edited. Don't try to misrepresent my words.

Well, the red and blue pill, there, choose it. I will not punch the tip of the knife.
#19  November 03, 2019, 12:43:14 am
  • all is love in fair and war

i don't have fucking parents, and i've been staying in my grandma's home, living in hell for most of my damn life through bullying and mental harmness, and why wouldn't you keep out from the situation i'm fucking going? this is not even a thread for a mental healthy person.

my parent separated and both remarried and send me to live with my grandparent all my life since I was 13yo too, I lived and cared for my grandma that had parkinson untill she passed 95yo few years ago, maybe in your age you haven't realized it but your grandparent prob love you more than your parent, and it is your duty to help them in their old age later on. so don't cut yourself bcause of fucking mugen character coding, I hand drew fully custom char and code it from scratch too, I also have some youtube videos mocking mine, seriously if you do something
do it for yourself first
don't do it for getting thumbsup from others

and you are not obliged to fix anything or even listen to input,  it is your freedom, they don't pay you shit, this forum was pretty much the worst in they way they treat modders, in my young adult life I had modded some games and have experienced many forums and modding communities.
Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 12:59:44 am by kakkoii superhero
#20  November 03, 2019, 07:26:35 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com