YesNoOk

[Resentone Thread]: Botan, Tao, Yuzuriha Released (24/03/2024) (Read 764672 times)

Started by Resentone, January 22, 2022, 05:49:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Eltnum & Bullet Released (23/04/2023)
#161  April 24, 2023, 11:47:44 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Feedback as I discovered some major bugs on release mostly with the rapid canceling:
Eltnum:
-2C is air blockable.
-She should rapid cancel in the air on her forward/backwards throws.
-The swish effect on the on her forward/backwards and the Etherlite effect on the running throw follows her when rapid canceling.
-She doesn't use the punching sound on the first hit of Etherlite Air B (I noticed in UNIB, the A version uses that for the first 2 hits while the B version is just the first one when using it on the ground).
-It's possible to rapid cancel the last hit of EX Hollow Point right on the vignette effect, but before it wall bounces the opponent.
-After the 2nd hit of EX Etherlite Ground, she can rapid cancel twice instead of just once.

Bullet:
-The hitspark on her backwards throw should be on the ground when she slams the opponent to the floor.
-EX Flint Shooter uses a light slash sound instead of a strong one like the normal variants.
-The opponent is layered her when 5BBB if P2 does it (If she gets layered in front on the shockwave after that, that means it's not layered correctly either and should be in front for both sides too).
-Rage Aggressor and Serpentine Assault can be rapid canceled anytime during instead just of the last hit (It causes issues like Rage Aggressor right when it makes contact or on the 28th/29th hits of Serpentine Assault will cause the opponent to get stuck).
-Serpentine Assault uses 1000 meter to rapid cancel instead of 500 and starts to blink white instead of blue after the 26th hit (Doing it while she's sliding the opponent to the ground may cause them to go lower to the floor after getting up).

I also just noticed this on Red Arcueid, but the damage on Erde Seele Seufzer is pretty nerfed and deals less than 200. Any force break she has deals more damage than it. And on the recent update of Arcueid, she's stuck on her special intro with Ciel as the round will not start unless it was skipped.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#162  April 25, 2023, 05:03:22 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
All fixed

-2C is air blockable.
Are you sure? Wiki states that both hits are Low.
the move visually is not really an anti air. besides she have plenty of aa option already.

-She doesn't use the punching sound on the first hit of Etherlite Air B (I noticed in UNIB, the A version uses that for the first 2 hits while the B version is just the first one when using it on the ground).
I don't think it's worth it to recode the whole move just to add 2 punch sound for the A version. This is a custom style after all, so things doesn't really have to accurate.

-Rage Aggressor and Serpentine Assault can be rapid canceled anytime during instead just of the last hit (It causes issues like Rage Aggressor right when it makes contact or on the 28th/29th hits of Serpentine Assault will cause the opponent to get stuck).
-Serpentine Assault uses 1000 meter to rapid cancel instead of 500 and starts to blink white instead of blue after the 26th hit (Doing it while she's sliding the opponent to the ground may cause them to go lower to the floor after getting up).
Forgot to tweak the roman cancel. these are fixed now.

I also just noticed this on Red Arcueid, but the damage on Erde Seele Seufzer is pretty nerfed and deals less than 200. Any force break she has deals more damage than it.
I haven't touched anything besides changing the helper value so this is weird.
#163  April 25, 2023, 06:26:59 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
The command on Eltnum's EX Slide Air is wrong on her Movelist.
#164  April 26, 2023, 01:37:51 am
    • USA
Eltnum:
-The swish effect on her forward/backwards throws follows her when rapid canceling.
-The guard spark when the A and EX versions of Etherlite Ground is misaligned when it hits the opponent in the air.
-Charged Hollow Point B will bounce the opponent slightly backwards instead of forward if it hits when the opponent jumps over her.

Bullet:
-Her Dead Angle Attack can now be rapid canceled.
-The strong ground shockwave is layered behind the 5BBB Success animation until she hits the opponent:

I now found out that if you change her layering again, it will go back to the opponent being in front when P2 does it like before. So this means the issue is the shockwave itself.
-Flachette Engage should rapid canceled on the ground instead of in the air.
-Rapid canceling Cross Firewheel right when it makes contact will make the opponent fall down and not deal any damage.
-Rapid canceling Miquelet Capture and EX Cutting Sheer right when it makes contact can cause the opponent to get stuck.

I found out you can still rapid cancel her special related grabs if you do it real quick enough.

Since there's nothing much left on the two, I like to go back to Mash since I want to get a few things on her out of the way. Her Dead Angle Attack can still be rapid canceled and her 5AAA is air unblockable (Leaving the opponent wide open for 5AAAA or another special). Also, Francis Fox mentioned a bug where the characters would taunt non-stop when the round ran out of time. I don't know if it affects you because it's AI dependent, but I do see that your characters would continue attacking after it.

Are you sure? Wiki states that both hits are Low.
the move visually is not really an anti air. besides she have plenty of aa option already.
I'm just used to seeing every 2C being only crouch blockable on nearly every OHMSBY style character because it's meant for tripping the opponent unless they have one that doesn't. Plus I also had Enemy Status to Jumping and Guard to All Guard during Training mode to make sure and none of her crouching normals have anti air options since her 2A and 2B hit downward.

I don't think it's worth it to recode the whole move just to add 2 punch sound for the A version. This is a custom style after all, so things doesn't really have to accurate.
You have a point, characters movesets in BBTAG are simplified and don't play exactly like they do in their original games. But having them does help. I guess just the hit sound for the first one is enough as she elbows them.

I haven't touched anything besides changing the helper value so this is weird.
It was. Previously, EX Alte Schule would actually do more. So it's better to use that for less meter or use Alte Nagel Sauseln instead with the same amount. Unlike UNIB and BBCF, I don't have MBTL so I'm uncertain how much damage it really does. As for Arcueid's special interaction with Ciel, I'm guessing you're still trying to figure it out. But I do look forward to seeing the final result.
#165  April 28, 2023, 02:04:08 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
All fixed.

I'm just used to seeing every 2C being only crouch blockable on nearly every OHMSBY style character because it's meant for tripping the opponent unless they have one that doesn't. Plus I also had Enemy Status to Jumping and Guard to All Guard during Training mode to make sure and none of her crouching normals have anti air options since her 2A and 2B hit downward.
I never really noticed it lol. Well for consistency reason, guess it's air unblockable now I guess.
#166  April 28, 2023, 02:17:23 pm
  • I'm Just Dude
    • USA
Hey Resentone I had one feedback:

Bullet:
Her volume is kind of too quiet...
Real reason I'm Called "Dude" Cuz I watched Regular Show WOOOOOOAHH
#167  April 28, 2023, 03:12:59 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I don't know about BB but low attacks can be air blocked in some (or all) Marvel games. It's something that doesn't normally come into play but I guess they did that to prevent some unblockable setups.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#168  April 28, 2023, 06:19:43 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Quick Update for Eltnum

- Fixed an error where her Ultra Burst does not end when performing Tri Hermes Blackland.

Hey Resentone I had one feedback:

Bullet:
Her volume is kind of too quiet...
I am aware, I'll tweak it when I'm free.

I don't know about BB but low attacks can be air blocked in some (or all) Marvel games. It's something that doesn't normally come into play but I guess they did that to prevent some unblockable setups.
I see. Never played any BB games myself other than a little bit of TAG.
#169  April 30, 2023, 03:16:01 pm
    • USA
I am aware, I'll tweak it when I'm free.
Since you plan to update Bullet again, I got some additional feedback after playing her in the source game again:
-5C can hit the opponent slightly farther away (The red hitbox reaches farther than her arm).
-Dead Angle Attack doesn't have palfx and flame explods as 5AAAA does.
-Both ground and air versions of Snap Hands Fist can grab the opponent while they are standing (If they are large in size, they won't be able to avoid it due to the move being unblockable).
-Execution Maneuver deactivates "Heat" for After Burner even though the Read Me it doesn't state that (If it is intentional, there's no additional damage output or has a follow up that the Distortion Drives have).

Also on Eltnum, the swish effect on her forward/backwards throws still follows her when rapid canceling. It still doesn't disappear the moment she performs the rapid cancel, so you can briefly see it moving alongside her when she air dashes before it fades away.

It must have been a challenge tackling a character from a franchise you're not familiar with. I'm don't know the character very well either as BB is not usually the main games I play and only briefly gone though her moveset enough just to know how it works. BB is quite technical compared to French Bread's fighters.
#170  May 02, 2023, 12:00:32 pm
  • Nowhere to work on, nothin to do.
    • sites.google.com/view/walruso-mugen-site/home
#171  May 28, 2023, 02:55:17 am
    • USA
Hey man just curious will you be added the nerf files back to the addon section on your site?
#172  May 28, 2023, 11:12:04 am
    • USA
Since this got bumped, I got one more thing to note for Bullet. After playing Ichida's revamped Hakumen, I feel like her forward run should be similar to his. In BBCF, she does a short hop rather than an sliding dash like Hazama. That also means she'll lose her 66A, 66B and running throw. She already has high health and deals big damage in return, so I believe she's fine for losing them. After all, they are technically recycled from 5AA, 2B and a part of Serpentine Assault End respectively.
#173  June 09, 2023, 03:43:08 am
    • Malaysia
#174  June 09, 2023, 05:40:51 am
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
Re: [Resentone Thread]: Gengar Released + Saber Updated (29/06/2023)
#175  June 29, 2023, 01:32:42 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Gengar has been released, head over to the first page to download. Saber is updated to receive the higher frame rate effects. (this impacted the file size, I might have to think of alternatives like how OHMSBY handles his effects.)

Site has also been updated. It now have a roadmap section at the bottom of the characters section. (Check it out)

Bullet fixes will come later together with her moveset tweaks.

Character Overhaul will be put on hold/low priority for now.

It must have been a challenge tackling a character from a franchise you're not familiar with. I'm don't know the character very well either as BB is not usually the main games I play and only briefly gone though her moveset enough just to know how it works. BB is quite technical compared to French Bread's fighters.
It was, I was basing her off of Ares Bullet since it's kinda source accurate.

Hey there, I added the Sion Tatari Pallete for your Sion Eltnum.

Link for Sion Tatari Pallete:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yg0tS5sbGFuAhq9duki-u_Pj8HoY0kOl/view?usp=share_link
Link added to site

Hey man just curious will you be added the nerf files back to the addon section on your site?
Nope, lower AI difficulty will be built in characters now.

i made a japanese voicepatch for your bullet here:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/c4bomlibcorti8p/Bullet_jap_vc_.zip/file
Are you sure you have made the audio louder? still sounds kinda quiet

Regardless, added to site.

Was planning to reply to this thread on Bullet's overhaul, but I got lazy. Bullet overhaul got delayed and it never happened lol.

Let me know if I missed anything.
Have fun.

Edit: I will add AI Level to the rest of my characters when Bullet Overhaul is out.
Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 01:37:20 pm by Resentone
#176  June 29, 2023, 03:20:16 pm
    • Malaysia
Gengar has been released, head over to the first page to download. Saber is updated to receive the higher frame rate effects. (this impacted the file size, I might have to think of alternatives like how OHMSBY handles his effects.)

Site has also been updated. It now have a roadmap section at the bottom of the characters section. (Check it out)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yg0tS5sbGFuAhq9duki-u_Pj8HoY0kOl/view?usp=share_link
Link added to site

i made a japanese voicepatch for your bullet here:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/c4bomlibcorti8p/Bullet_jap_vc_.zip/file

Was planning to reply to this thread on Bullet's overhaul, but I got lazy. Bullet overhaul got delayed and it never happened lol.

Have fun.

Edit: I will add AI Level to the rest of my characters when Bullet Overhaul is out.

idk how to made the volume louder....do you know how.....the easy method
#177  June 30, 2023, 11:15:13 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
Gengar received a minor fix to his idle, and readme mistype.

You can make them louder using audacity. There's no easy method as far as I'm aware as you have to do it one by one.
#178  June 30, 2023, 11:57:54 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
You can make them louder using audacity.

I would personally avoid using Audacity, cause (I think) it still has telemetry in it. Try using a forked version, either Tenacity (recommended) or Darkaudacity.

Open up every sound file one by one and turn the gain volume to at least +5.0 (assuming any sound files weren't edited in the first place).

Saber is updated to receive the higher frame rate effects. (this impacted the file size, I might have to think of alternatives like how OHMSBY handles his effects.)

I actually found a few choices u could use for alternative fx, mainly for laser/beam attacks.

- Neco-Arc's true ancestor beam

Or

- OHMSBY's Heart Aino exceed climax move (it's a bit crusty, but it's the lightest fx I can think of)
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 12:00:57 pm by Vocalnoid
#179  July 01, 2023, 09:38:14 am

For what its worth you do a far better job with your effects by and large.
Yours can actually be colored(Not sure if this applies to new saber update), and it adds a huge amount to your palettes. I can't overstate it. Its amazing.

I don't know how much extra work it is, but please continue allowing for this regardless of what methods you use.
Perhaps I don't speak for everyone, but file size in mugen is barely even a consideration in this day and age, large file sizes are preferable to sub par results. Even with a bloated mugen most peoples games are unlikely to even meet the average steam games file size.

Just wanted to toss my 2 cents in.
#180  July 01, 2023, 07:43:45 pm
    • Malaysia

Link added to site

Have fun.

i have make the audio louder,try download the sound patch again