YesNoOk

Scott Pilgrim Versus [MUGEN/IKEMEN GO Full Game] (Read 76317 times)

Started by Ryon, June 01, 2023, 05:05:36 am
Share this topic:
Scott Pilgrim Versus [MUGEN/IKEMEN GO Full Game]
#1  June 01, 2023, 05:05:36 am
  • "The Future is Now"
This project was made in conjunction with Ultra Fatality He for whatever does not have a Mugen Guild account, So I post on his behalf, But also because this is our project that we want for you to enjoy!

[DISCORD]
https://discord.gg/kz9Grs3f

[PREVIEW]

[DOWNLOAD]
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5tr913hejilblhk/Scott+Pilgrim+Versus.rar/file
Patch Notes
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[ROSTER]
The main roster consists of the main cast in the comic / movie.
Scott Pilgrim
Ramona Flowers
Stephen Stills
Kim Pine
Wallace Wells
Knives Chau

The Evil EX's of course
Matthew Patel
Lucas Lee
Todd Ingram
Roxy Richter
Katayanagi Twins
Gideon Graves

Also including some neutral characters who are neither good or bad guys.

Envy Adams
Mr.Chau
Nega Scott
And as a extra bonus we have included additional characters!

[STAGES]
Included are 30+ Stages from the game which are all animated, some have action in the background, All include the zoom feature, for the zoners out there. Many of them never seen before!

[GAMEPLAY & FEATURES]
Arcade Mode
- Each character has a specialized Arcade path which involves a few random fights, A Rival fight and then Boss fight. There is also a secret encounter as well as secret boss fight once certain criteria are met!

- Special Rival Intros (Work in progress!)

Cooperative Mode
- Play with friends to challenge the computer. Arcade Path's were not tested in this mode, But I believe Player 1's arcade path will be active.

Survival
- Don't die.

Versus
- Beat your friends up!

Story Mode
- Included is a very early example of a Story mode implemantation. There is ALOT I want to do with this mode, So please enjoy the sample!
All modes (except Solo)

- Tag and Simultaneous modes are selectable up to 2 team mates ( meaning 3 v 3)

- There is no Turns mode.

High Scores
-Pressing Enter or "Start" after selecting Arcade will open the High Scores section.
-Try to beat the top score!

Netplay
-Thanks to Ikemen Go's build in features Netplay is possible!
-Please use https://www.vpn.net/ Hamachi as your virtual port to allow online play!
-LIKE ALL INTERENET RELATED THINGS, PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS OF ANY INFORMATION YOU SHARE ONLINE! ONLY SHARE YOUR HAMACHI "VIRTUAL" IP, DO NOT SHARE YOUR ACTUAL IP.
Replay Mode!

-All Netplay Fights are automatically recorded! No buttons to press, It just records! Even if you experience lag during the fight, The playback is buttery smooth!

-ONLY WORKS IN NETPLAY.

[HOW TO PLAY]
Scott Pilgrim Versus is a fighting game that makes use of 6 buttons.
X and Y are your Light and Hard attacks.

Mixing light into hard attacks will output various combos.
Z is used as your EX attacks.

EX attacks require 500 (or half of a full guage) to be preformed, Majority of attacks have an enhanced version (EX attack)

A and B are used to call strikers.
Strikers vary greatly based on the character and their affiliation. All characters have 2 Strikers, but some have more. Strikers could be called upon infinitely, But only 1 at a time.

C is used for Super attacks.

All characters share the same general rule for supers-
Down, Forward, C is a Level 1
Down, Back, C is a Level 2
Back, Forward, C is a Level 3
Down, Down, C is a Level 3 Desperation super, which requires you to be in low health in the 2nd round.

[DISCLAIMER]
This is our first public Beta, Please go easy on us.
All aspects of this game be it sprites, sounds, are credited to their original sources.
There are a good amount of sprites I (Ryon) had to make, redraw, trace,frankensprite.
I still have ALOT to learn about Ikemen Go, and especially LUA. This is my first basic foray into actual coding, So please bare with me.
Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 05:10:50 am by Ryon
Re: Scott Pilgrim Versus [MUGEN/IKEMEN GO Full Game]
#2  June 01, 2023, 12:39:42 pm
    • USA
Great job
#3  June 01, 2023, 04:33:00 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
#4  June 01, 2023, 06:45:46 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Ha, really cool!
There are some minor bugs, like infinities and some moves without sound, but great work.

I've shared it on my channel too
#5  June 01, 2023, 07:11:38 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
Ha, really cool!
There are some minor bugs, like infinities and some moves without sound, but great work.

I've shared it on my channel too
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3GO-eE2sx8[/youtube]

Thank you so much O!
When you get a chance can you let me know who and when?
#6  June 02, 2023, 05:19:01 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
SPVTW was definitely good, and hearing you and UF putting this in IMEMEN GO with a fighting twist was a MUST check out for me.

As far as the first beta goes, I immediately got a good amount of of feedback (and a couple nitpicks :V) after playing at least an hour. I probably must have missed something during testing, but here's what I have so far on my first playthrough.

GENERAL:

- Most (if not all) music tracks don't have looping

- Victory screen doesn't have music

- Some voice clips for characters have mixed volumes either being too quiet or too loud (Wallace being the quietest and Todd being the loudest, his supers especially lvl 3 are good examples.)

- Credits screen after arcade mode scrolls way too fast to read (also uses the same song as the title screen, unless there weren't any alternatives u could find.)

- Most character moves are using the common.snd (As a bonus nitpick, its better to implement hitsounds to the common.snd file rather than inserting them into characters, I know other full games tend to use this trick for consistent sfx matching and filesize decreasing, Nijikaku is a good example considering it also uses common.snd for swing/swoosh sounds as well.)

- the super finish BG shows up when performing a special/super attack in training mode once the opponents life is down and once the first opponent is defeated in dramatic/simul and tag mode and doesn't disappear afterwords

Nitpick - I wish some/more characters (and maybe stages, yes its possible with stages too :mmhmm:) were unlockables. It would spruce up the fun a bit more

SCOTT:

- his nega pallete (and maybe others?) Is showing a bit of orange in his hair when certain moves are performed.

- there are some instances were if the opponent is too high when performing his lvl 2 super, only the 1st hit connects, but during the 2nd the opponent can either escape with a guard, or another attack if fast enough (this happened on my first arcade playthrough while fighting against negative Scott.)

RAMONA:

- The normal and Fire shields look a bit weird despite being scaled to her height and width

STEPHEN:

- even when in lvl 3 super scene, the pig bank shows up during the attack

That's all the feedback I got for now. Despite all the bugs it has so far, I still love it!  :coollove:

I also liked the fadein and fadeout star animations, I don't really see a lot of other full games using something like this instead of regular fadeins and fadeouts and it makes me wonder why it was never used. I'll be back with more feedback after some more testing.

Peace! ;):goi:
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#7  June 04, 2023, 04:46:39 am
  • "The Future is Now"
SPVTW was definitely good, and hearing you and UF putting this in IMEMEN GO with a fighting twist was a MUST check out for me.

As far as the first beta goes, I immediately got a good amount of of feedback (and a couple nitpicks :V) after playing at least an hour. I probably must have missed something during testing, but here's what I have so far on my first playthrough.

GENERAL:

- Most (if not all) music tracks don't have looping

- Victory screen doesn't have music

- Some voice clips for characters have mixed volumes either being too quiet or too loud (Wallace being the quietest and Todd being the loudest, his supers especially lvl 3 are good examples.)

- Credits screen after arcade mode scrolls way too fast to read (also uses the same song as the title screen, unless there weren't any alternatives u could find.)

- Most character moves are using the common.snd (As a bonus nitpick, its better to implement hitsounds to the common.snd file rather than inserting them into characters, I know other full games tend to use this trick for consistent sfx matching and filesize decreasing, Nijikaku is a good example considering it also uses common.snd for swing/swoosh sounds as well.)

- the super finish BG shows up when performing a special/super attack in training mode once the opponents life is down and once the first opponent is defeated in dramatic/simul and tag mode and doesn't disappear afterwords

Nitpick - I wish some/more characters (and maybe stages, yes its possible with stages too :mmhmm:) were unlockables. It would spruce up the fun a bit more

SCOTT:

- his nega pallete (and maybe others?) Is showing a bit of orange in his hair when certain moves are performed.

- there are some instances were if the opponent is too high when performing his lvl 2 super, only the 1st hit connects, but during the 2nd the opponent can either escape with a guard, or another attack if fast enough (this happened on my first arcade playthrough while fighting against negative Scott.)

RAMONA:

- The normal and Fire shields look a bit weird despite being scaled to her height and width

STEPHEN:

- even when in lvl 3 super scene, the pig bank shows up during the attack

That's all the feedback I got for now. Despite all the bugs it has so far, I still love it!  :coollove:

I also liked the fadein and fadeout star animations, I don't really see a lot of other full games using something like this instead of regular fadeins and fadeouts and it makes me wonder why it was never used. I'll be back with more feedback after some more testing.

Peace! ;):goi:

thats all fixed in the latest update, Im gonna update the download link soon
#8  June 05, 2023, 04:25:55 am
  • I must continue my training...
I enjoyed this one. I only tried Scott before I had to stop playing. I can't wait to run through story mode. Good to see you still at it, Ryon. Nice work, Ultra.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#9  November 25, 2023, 07:48:43 pm
    • Spain
Hello, I have been interested in the project for a while, and I downloaded it, when I unzipped the folder and opened the app, it was fine, I configured it but when I was going to start playing in any game mode I got an error from a certain Ikeman.log and It created a text file for me with what was in the error, I tried to join the Discord to ask for help but the invitation says that it has expired, what can I do to play it?, I await your answers
Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:14:57 pm by ByChristian24
#10  November 29, 2023, 11:26:09 am
  • "The Future is Now"
Hello, I have been interested in the project for a while, and I downloaded it, when I unzipped the folder and opened the app, it was fine, I configured it but when I was going to start playing in any game mode I got an error from a certain Ikeman.log and It created a text file for me with what was in the error, I tried to join the Discord to ask for help but the invitation says that it has expired, what can I do to play it?, I await your answers

Hello, Lately I've been hearing people having trouble loading the game.
Are you using WinRar? or WinZip?

Using the Windows Extractor does not work so well.

Also here is a link to the discord
https://discord.gg/MEC749dJGH

Sorry for the late reply!