YesNoOk

Ikemen Plus (Read 775348 times)

Started by ShinLucho, November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen Plus
#221  February 08, 2018, 11:47:49 pm
    • Spain
    • https://ikutronhd.wixsite.com/ikutronsite/yo
Is there an ETA for the next release with the GO Engine? I can start looking into lobbying systems to work with GO once that's out, since it'll help with the Simul P3/P4 functionality.

@Ruler: it's not ready for release but current wip build is avilable in my experimental branch: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus/tree/K4-experimental
Some people asked about performance - check yourself and let us know.
As for the screenpack support currently we are at Winmugen compatibility level (no FNTv2 and no localcoord for now). Here are some winmugen screenpacks that I’ve used during development to test if the code is accurate: https://www.dropbox.com/s/auux1lot75ont51/winmugen%20screenpacks.7z?dl=1
Other winmugen screenpacks should work too although I haven't test them.

The screenpack installation is the same as in mugen - just extract folder to "data" directory and reference correct location of DEF file inside config.json (instead of mugen.cfg)
Example:
To use broken mugen screenpack move "brokenMUGEN" directory to data and change this line in data/config.json:
Code:
"Motif":"data/system.def"
into this:
Code:
"Motif":"data/brokenMUGEN/def/system56.def"
Some screenpacks may require different installation path (if author didn't care for Elecbyte recommendation files paths may refer for example directly to data directory and require overwriting default screenpack - just fallow the screenpack readme file provided by author to know how to install it correctly).

One important thing - do NOT overwrite default "font/f-6x9.fnt" and "font/f-4x6.fnt" files even if screenpack comes with them included and requires copying files into font directory.

--------------

This build isn't stable and may contain bugs and incomplete features. List of features planned but not implemented yet is in the @wip directory. How to use add004 tag system is explained in @add004 directory. If the program crashes you can find a log in 'debug/log.txt' file.

Em no works build.bat  :(
#222  February 09, 2018, 12:00:11 am
    • Greece
Yes build doesnt start.
#223  February 09, 2018, 12:31:35 am
you should NOT use any of the BAT and SH files. Those are for source code developers and require Go compiler to work (build - compiles ikemen go source code, get - downloads external packages used by the engine, run - compiles source on the fly and starts it, without creating executable).

Ikemen is started via Ikemen_GO.exe.

If it doesn't work probably your computer is too old to run it (opengl is required, probably also 64-bit system since the compiler is 64-bit). Also check what "debug/log.txt" says.

edit: see my next post
Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:30:46 am by K4thos
#224  February 09, 2018, 12:46:42 am
  • What's in your head?
    • USA
you should NOT use any of the BAT and SH files. Those are for source code developers and require Go compiler to work (build - compiles ikemen go source code, get - downloads external packages used by the engine, run - compiles source on the fly and starts it, without creating executable).

Ikemen is started via Ikemen.exe.

If it doesn't work probably your computer is too old to run it (opengl is required, probably also 64-bit system since the compiler is 64-bit). Also check what "debug/log.txt" says.

Ah, I think they are confused because of the download from the branch. It doesn't contain the ikemen by default in the root folder so they're probably just running the first executable they see, aka the .bat instead of properly importing the files.
#225  February 09, 2018, 01:26:10 am
Ah, I think they are confused because of the download from the branch. It doesn't contain the ikemen by default in the root folder so they're probably just running the first executable they see, aka the .bat instead of properly importing the files.
sorry, my bad, it looks like Github didn't commit Ikemen_go.exe at all for some reason. Here is a package with exe:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml5w1aigp54ajl0/Ikemen-GO-Plus.zip?dl=1

As mentioned, this build isn't stable and may contain bugs and incomplete features.
Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:53:38 am by K4thos
#226  February 09, 2018, 01:30:37 am
  • What's in your head?
    • USA
sorry, my bad, it looks like Github didn't commit Ikemen_go.exe at all for some reason. Here is a package with exe:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uzx8fwva8zlb0z/Ikemen-GO-Plus.zip?dl=1

As mentioned, this build isn't stable and may contain bugs and incomplete features. List of features planned but not implemented yet is in the @wip directory.

Don't fret it boss. I got work soon but once I'm home I'll make a full benchmark for the GO variant of the engine and everything. I would recommend that you put the mp3 compatibility on the backburner if you haven't already, because honestly no real games use lossy audio format in them and converting from mp3 to ogg results in a smaller filesize overall without a loss of quality anyway. Of course, it's entirely your prerogative on what you wish to tackle and in what order.
#227  February 09, 2018, 01:39:11 am
    • Spain
Oh,wait the new version is for 64 bits computers?

This is bad for me sorry :P
#228  February 09, 2018, 01:53:33 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil

Got this error.
Lasagna
#229  February 09, 2018, 02:09:26 am
Ash, maybe try installing OpenAL 1.1 Windows Installer (no idea if it's needed but ikemen uses openal for sound in source code).

Ikemen GO system requirements that I know about:
- GPU with decent OpenGL support (pretty much anything from the last 10 years should work, some older graphic cards may require drivers update),
- 64-bit system (not sure if there is 32-bit windows GO compiler available - if someone will send me a link to it, we could provide additional exe).
Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:48:29 pm by K4thos
#230  February 09, 2018, 02:16:48 am
    • Spain
Ash, maybe try installing OpenAL 1.1 Windows Installer (no idea if it's needed but ikemen uses openal for sound in source code).

Ikemen GO system requirements that I know about:
- GPU with decent OpenGL support (pretty much anything from the last 10 years should work, some older graphic cards may require drivers update),
- 64-bit system (not sure if there is 32-bit windows GO compiler available - if yes, we could provide additional exe).

Ok I do not think the problem comes from the drivers, why do I know?
Because basically I turn off OpenGL in Ikemen Plus and I'm doing fine.
#231  February 09, 2018, 02:27:53 am
    • Brazil
- GPU with decent OpenGL support (pretty much anything from the last 10 years should work, some older graphic cards may require drivers update)
Wait, so you're saying that Ikemen GO Plus is OpenGL only!? The link you gave me worked btw, but I'm still getting black screen due to OpenGL.
Lasagna
#232  February 09, 2018, 02:33:07 am
Wait, so you're saying that Ikemen GO Plus is OpenGL only!? The link you gave me worked btw, but I'm still getting black screen due to OpenGL.
yes, opengl only. There is no alternative renderer available in Ikemen GO engine like there was in Ikemen S-SIZE.
#233  February 09, 2018, 02:39:13 am
    • Brazil
I'm soooooo sad man.  :'(

I guess I'm still tied to Mugen 1.0 for undetermined time.
Lasagna
Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 02:48:55 am by -Ash-
#234  February 09, 2018, 10:25:57 am
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
I'm going to test this new version
but, my interest is in the features of mugen1.1 .... localcoord, fntv2, sffv2
anyway, thanks for posting this new work.
#235  February 10, 2018, 10:36:13 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
performance is way better compared to previous one.
#236  February 10, 2018, 01:40:08 pm
  • What's in your head?
    • USA
Noticing a bit of a disjoint in the options menu...input changes aren't being saved, even after the mandatory message to restart the program. I'm gonna look into that more, but that's rather interesting to note. The sound driver required has a web page that just lose its license so such users may end up scared by that until it gets fixed.
#237  February 10, 2018, 01:55:07 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
its really similar to mugen,sometimes I'm getting no error and engine just closes itself
#238  February 10, 2018, 02:13:40 pm
its really similar to mugen,sometimes I'm getting no error and engine just closes itself
"debug/log.txt", that's where error is printed. It's mentioned in "@wip" directory that I don't know how to print errors to new window yet (they are printed to console by default but I've disabled it via -ldflags -H=windowsgui in build.bat).

Noticing a bit of a disjoint in the options menu...input changes aren't being saved, even after the mandatory message to restart the program.
bug in script/options.lua. Change this line:
Code:
t[item].vardisplay = key
to this:
Code:
t[item].vardisplay = key
if controller == -1 then
config.KeyConfig[playerNo].Buttons[item] = key
else
config._comment.KeyConfig[playerNo].Buttons[item] = key
end
I'm not uploading new version yet since I think I will make more changes to this script. Just like in mugen, you can't have the same button set to 2 different commands, so the input screen should let the player know if that happens. Probably the best way is displaying both player 1 and player 2 inputs on the same screen, so that it's visible which keys needs to be assigned and which inputs are already assigned to something else.

Also I think joypad inputs are not automatically detactable yet since glfw has dedicated function for controllers. I will add this feature once I will be able to make my Dualshock 3 work with the damn PC, so that I can test it properly.

I'm gonna look into that more, but that's rather interesting to note.
When it comes to bugs in lua code please post them here. Most likely I can fix them in a minute, so no point trying to find the issue on your own. Can't say the same thing about source code though, I'm absolutely bad when it comes to understanding more complicated parts of Go code.

The sound driver required has a web page that just lose its license so such users may end up scared by that until it gets fixed.
Current sound implementation in ikemen seems a bit weird to me with the ducking effect all over the place enabled by default. If you're going to mess with it please take a look if this can be disabled for sndPlay function.
Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:42:35 pm by K4thos
#239  February 10, 2018, 04:50:07 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
.\script\storyboard.lua:147: attempt to index a non-table object(nil)
stack traceback:
   .\script\storyboard.lua:147: in function 'f_parse'
   .\script\storyboard.lua:538: in function 'f_storyboard'
   script/main.lua:1415: in function 'f_mainMenu'
   script/main.lua:2009: in main chunk
   [G]: ?
#240  February 10, 2018, 05:06:39 pm
mete122, upload whole screenpack that you're trying to run, if it's not the default one or one of the screenpacks uploaded in this post. It crashes on one of the storyboards. No idea which one, since you didn't mention when it happened.

In future please try to post proper bug reports. Which means always link or upload problematic content. And add detailed information how to reproduce the issue (it's almost impossible that something crashes randomly - if it happened once it will happen again, if you do the exact same thing.)