YesNoOk

Rival Schools / Project Justice Ripping (Read 145000 times)

Started by Odb718, January 12, 2015, 10:27:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rival Schools / Project Justice Ripping
#61  February 24, 2015, 11:01:39 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Another update.
Roberto came out pretty good. Not perfect but I'll see if reordering the palette or choosing colors that are just a bit closer to the original will help out.

You can see that there's a bad spot on his hipbone. It's not terrible, but it might be able to be made a little better. I havent looked too deep into the problem right now. If it's only one color out of order I may just go through and hand edit it like I did my Samus.

I think I have one problem with Roberto before I can rip the rest of his sprites. I've got about 80% done now. I cant remember exactly the problem or if I solved it. The Flu is kinda setting in and I'm exhausted. Cant think straight.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#62  August 01, 2015, 06:39:46 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
It's been a while since I've posted anything on the progress of Rival Schools / Project Justice.
I've been working more on Roberto.
 He's got 11 basic standing attacks, 7  basic crouching attacks, 8  basic air attacks, 3 backward facing basic attacks, 10 special attacks. I'll probably increase this to 21. I'll adjust the speed and distance and all that so each special attack has it's 3 button set.
2 Ultra attacks are ripped and put into the SFF. the 3rd Ultra is just a combination of special moves so I'm just going to part it together.
His rolls and evades and run-dodge style moves arent included in his specials. I am missing one special move I'm going to have to re-rip because of bad sprites.

I've made some unique palettes for him. They look pretty decent.... one's crazy looking. Not sure if it'll stick around yet.

Right now I have a version of Roberto that's at a super early alpha stage. When I get him up to Beta I'll probably do a release in a project page.
#63  September 06, 2015, 07:14:28 pm
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
I don't care how old this topic is, because I just talked to the original poster and I find his rivals schools characters interesting.  This idea can open up a lot of opportunities for someone to create custom sprites outta these rivals schools characters. From 3d to CvS style looking characters(like batsu & tiffany). someone might cut out a frame or 2 for that. This is going to be awesome
#64  December 21, 2015, 10:15:59 am
    • USA
If its not too much trouble.. I'm interested in making both Shoma & Roberto. I'll take what help I can get if you haven't given up on this & it isn't a "maybe I will" as soon as you rip them I will begin to make use of it.
#65  December 21, 2015, 10:30:49 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
If you rip any Roy or Batsu sprites, I'll take them.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#66  December 22, 2015, 01:30:40 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I have Roy sprites. I'll try to PM you a link of what I have for Roy.
#67  December 23, 2015, 09:54:40 am
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
thise can really be handfull....here a fast and unpolished edit

D:  i wish i could have another 1000 of myself working at the same time with a diferent spritesoo a char could be out each 20 minutes

juuuuneeee from star gladiator......yuuugo from bloody roar 2  jajajaj just wishing you see i am about to get really crazy with all of these neew emergent 3d usefull captions from emus ....DAIGOOOO T_____T arghhhh....

Man, I would kill for rips like these of Star Gladiator (or even better Star Gladiator 2).

Awesome sprite, by the way.
#68  December 23, 2015, 02:07:40 pm
  • No guts No glory..
Hi didn't want to bother too much....is it posible to have a set of batsu ripped sprites , i want toretouch the one made by  hale caesar .......also i would like to have a similar set for june from star gladiators, well it sounds like a request, but well it depends on you , and many thanks in advance if you do any!!
#69  December 23, 2015, 05:22:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
june has been your wip for years, right?
#70  December 23, 2015, 08:11:59 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
dampir, I think that Batsu is extremely good. What would need retouching?
I'm not opposed to ripping the sprites for you. I just cant imagine needing the entire set.

Star Gladiator 1/2 would be pretty tough to rip sprites from easily. I'd have to get N. to help me with making codes. To be honest I'm not familiar with the game(s) at all. I'm sure it could be done. I'd do it if the commission was right.

Let me know what Batsu sprites you'd want.
#71  December 26, 2015, 01:26:39 am
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
That would be nice to see Star Gladiator character rips.
The Dragon is here!
#72  December 26, 2015, 01:43:23 am
  • No guts No glory..

yes....

I'm not opposed to ripping the sprites for you. I just cant imagine needing the entire set.

Star Gladiator 1/2 would be pretty tough to rip sprites from easily. I'd have to get N. to help me with making codes. To be honest I'm not familiar with the game(s) at all. I'm sure it could be done. I'd do it if the commission was right.

ummm seeing batsu ...what i really going to do is retouch what is done....

i have interest in roy, daigo and akira....and of couse june...hope to finally get there and make something else about these characters eternally wanted in mugen...
#73  December 26, 2015, 01:43:37 am
Yeah that damn Zelkin would be nice CvS and Shoma.....
#74  December 26, 2015, 03:32:07 am
    • USA

yes....

i have interest in roy, daigo and akira....and of couse june...hope to finally get there and make something else about these characters eternally wanted in mugen...

Let me know if you decide to do Roy. Last I saw they were ready to work with. If serious let me know.
#75  December 26, 2015, 10:00:59 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Hopefully in a couple days I'll lock in a host for the sprite ripping.
I'm imagining being able to rip each character and dump them raw onto the host site. We'll have to see about that. I may package them up in Rars and date or describe the sets.
I'd like to host the characters' sprites I have so people can start work. Roberto I think I'll just upload the SFF file. It might be inconvenient to people trying to see, but I can upload a test image or whatever. It doesnt make sense to redo the work I've put into him. Roberto has 2,233 images in the SFF as it stands now. Many arent cropped but 99% are placed at the proper axis.

I have a LOT of Akira, not Powered Akira, sprites. I dont know if it's the complete set for her. I think I may be missing hit reactions, or throws, or maybe more.

Star Gladiator is being worked on. I'm not sure I'll do any ripping myself, but I may make a tutorial on how I'm doing everything for Rival Schools/Project Justice. It's basically the same exact method.
#76  December 26, 2015, 10:56:07 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines

yes....

i be hell happy if someone from well known author like DW , Infinite and Sennou Room make them decent
#77  December 31, 2015, 02:12:50 am
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
It would be a great Idea to have someone assist you. I'm too hyped for this :D
#78  December 30, 2016, 05:45:21 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I mentioned making these a long time ago. Been extremely bored and messed around.
If anyone decides to make them, and needs more, let me know. It's easy to get into.
*The bottom power level bars arent the same scale. I made the life bars as big as possible. When I went to rip the power, the emulator wouldn't allow me to move it up high enough to get a clean image. So I had to drop the resolution.

Also, I've uploaded the Cheat engine CT files for what I have.
http://host-a.net/u/Odb718/pjustice3.CT  &  http://host-a.net/u/Odb718/pjustic.CT
http://justnopoint.com/odb718/pjustice3.CT  &  http://justnopoint.com/odb718/pjustic.CT <<<Right click, Save As.

The second one is the one I usually run. The first one, I believe was put together by @N.: For modding the character's actions. So run the 2nd one.
Some values are included in the names. There's just FAR too much to try to explain.
But take,
restart the round 513/1025
if you double click the value and enter 513, it begins the round again. 1025 does something else. Every other value may affect it, but it may break it too.
Black BG 2 FFFF00FF
You want to use the FF scale, so type in FFFF00FF as the value for all 3 values. You can make a rainbow effect by having the values be different.

----
apparently my host-a has run out of juice :|
Uploaded to JNP's site for me. Should be good from now on.
Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:20:19 am by Odb718

N.

#79  December 30, 2016, 08:07:37 am
You can actually hide various parts of the lifebars (possibly all them if you poke around enough).  I think for lifebars it's bars, border, text, portraits, that icon between the bars, and possibly whatever else was related to that icon (going by memory).  Search for 16256 (or 3F80, if you check the hex box before searching at 2 bytes) around the 2C1A0000-ish range(? I don't know if you're using demul056-32, but that's where it was on that).

From the file name it looks like it's mine, but I got a page that said "User does not have enough bandwidth for you to download this file. Perhaps you should encourage them to Upgrade their account."

Here.  Ignore the date.  I recently saved it to change a groupname.  It's actually been sitting in a folder since March 13.  I was gonna eventually upload what I found after I cleaned it up, but I never got past the "cleaning it up" part (lost motivation after I accidentally undid all my progress).  Maybe it's got some stuff in it the other one doesn't (I know I had found a 4th modifier for the textures that affected their brightness).

Edit: I've updated the table to have player x/y/z mods, the animation mod that I found in Rival Schools, something that may turn on/off the sound channels (you probably only need the 1st in the list).  Also, something that may disable transparency.

I think I had mine show the values as hex, if that matters.  If someone wants me to add more cheats to it to hide specific effects, PM me and I'll add more to it to try and make ripping those things easier. 

Edit: Fixed that.  That's not a timer icon.  I don't know why I said that, because I even knew it wasn't one. >_<
1 Last Updated: 4/19/23
2 Last Updated: 1/16/21
3 Last Updated: 04/20/23
4 Last Updated: 7/16/17
Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:40:05 am by N.
#80  December 30, 2016, 04:13:42 pm
imagine ripping hinata wakaba from this game