YesNoOk

Ikeman Go Everything blurry/pixelated. (Read 7197 times)

Started by Azul Crescent, April 29, 2022, 01:17:30 am
Share this topic:
Ikeman Go Everything blurry/pixelated.
#1  April 29, 2022, 01:17:30 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Hello!

I just am recently trying to move from Mugen 1.1 to Ikeman Go. So far everything launches fine, however when I get in game, everything is kinda blurry/pixelated. Everything.

I tried importing/loading the Mugen Battle Climax screenpack, and even all the portraits are blurry as well.

Is there something im missing in the import process or some kind of upscaling feature i'm missing?

I DID bump the resolution up to what I have my normal Mugen 1.1 set at, which is 2368x1332. Mugen 1.1 has NO problem at this resolution. But i'm not sure if that plays into anything in Ikeman Go.

Thanks in advance :)

Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 02:45:58 am by Lyllia
Re: Ikeman Go Everything blurry/pixelated.
#2  April 29, 2022, 03:31:01 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
This blurry screen happens only in fullscreen mode or is also blurry in windowed mode?
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#3  April 29, 2022, 06:28:47 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
I am running IKEMEN Go in 1440p and never have had any blurriness. Did you download from the official page?
#4  April 29, 2022, 08:04:20 am
    • Japan
#5  April 30, 2022, 09:05:09 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
So I tried running with similar configuration to you:

I did not manage to replicate it.

It would be posible to send screenshots of how both Mugen and Ikemen GO look on your PC so we understand better the issue?
#6  May 01, 2022, 07:18:08 pm
    • Japan

It would be posible to send screenshots of how both Mugen and Ikemen GO look on your PC so we understand better the issue?

Thanks for the reply, I re-downloaded the archive from the github repo and created a new folder. Put in my screenpack, characters, stages etc and everything seems to be fine now. Idk what happened with my first one and how it got messed up, but everything seems fine now.

For a state of reference, this is how the first instance looks like. It's a bit hard to notice on the menu, but if you look at some of the text, it's pixelated/blurry. The character select screen is easier to see. All of the portraits are pixelated/blurry. Same with the text.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 07:42:47 pm by Azul Crescent
#7  May 02, 2022, 06:56:04 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
#8  May 03, 2022, 07:26:52 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
I dunno if IKEMEN offers something special, but in MUGEN at least, it's very difficult.
Assuming you're intending this for Arcade mode, you'd have to assign specific triggers that detect if it's arcade mode or not (since you don't want it triggering during VS mode), then make custom made states that prolongs the intro stage.
It'll be easier if you had pre-rendered cutscenes like the one above to just import them into a character, but if you're thinking about making in-game ones, that'll be more work.

edit: The user seems to have deleted their post. :P
#9  May 05, 2022, 09:46:49 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia

Thanks for the reply, I re-downloaded the archive from the github repo and created a new folder. Put in my screenpack, characters, stages etc and everything seems to be fine now. Idk what happened with my first one and how it got messed up, but everything seems fine now.

For a state of reference, this is how the first instance looks like. It's a bit hard to notice on the menu, but if you look at some of the text, it's pixelated/blurry. The character select screen is easier to see. All of the portraits are pixelated/blurry. Same with the text.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Seems like Windows was forcing DPI scale in places it should not.
It's a well know bug of the OS that has been years without begin fixed.

Glad to hear it works now.
If you have any other questions or find any problems fell free to ask for help.