YesNoOk

POTS Adon and Rose released as open betas (Read 7851 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, May 03, 2022, 06:37:16 am
Share this topic:
POTS Adon and Rose released as open betas
#1  May 03, 2022, 06:37:16 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

1. Adon
Based on SFA and SFIV, a mixture of both gameplays and moves, even with my own CS made mostly on shorts and bandages. The whole planning of this char is on the readme, so you can take a look of what I'd trying to do then, but again I failed to make him just like my CVS3 intent.
Spoiler: Screenshots (click to see content)

2. Rose
Also SFIV based, with Felo's sprites and in more complete state than Adon. Apart of don't get the style, KarmaCharmeleon made a better job making her into POTS style, so there's no case in continue with her.
Spoiler: Screenshots (click to see content)

Both characters were part of my "B-kun a la POTS" project one time I had, my own contribution to this famous trend, but as I said before, I couldn't get it done and I couldn't adapt into this, so I ditched the project. But these betas/alphas remain in my PC, so since the trend becomes stronger these days, more now with POTS' return, I want to give them a new chance for someone else who can pick them and become a reality for MUGEN. So here you go, take them and use them as you want, just give me credit on them, that's all ;)

Make POTS style great again
Add-ons -> Chars Open Source

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: POTS Adon and Rose released as open betas
#2  May 03, 2022, 12:12:04 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I'll admit that the chars, in the state they're in, aren't really needed in this day and age where Trololo and Karma have made complete versions, but it's nice to see you try and dig them up as evidence that you tried to throw your hat in the eventually ever-growing PotS ring.

It's interesting to see the movelist plans, especially Adon's with the custom stuff which reminds one of the classic PotS days as opposed to now where source-accuracy is more prominent. It would be hella fascinating to see how this supposed Sagat Mode would behave.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  May 03, 2022, 09:44:36 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Thanks bro ;) I know there're actual superior versions of them, but I also know there's not just a definitive version of a character in this style, so if anyone wants to take a shot in their own Adon or Rose in this style, now they got new tools to make them true.

And yes, after all the effort I made trying to recreate them in this style, now I respect all creators who can work and create chars with this style. As a note apart, I also wanted to create K' and Kula in this style (both less than alphas and deleted from my PC), as well revive Gai Tendo, but seeing I couldn't do it with Adon and Rose, those projects went to nothing

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#4  May 04, 2022, 05:57:33 pm
    • Brazil
Really nice! Karma's Rose is really nice, but I would like to see her working with Soul Satellite, like varo hades version. Soul Illusion would be nice too!
#5  May 05, 2022, 01:18:50 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

I love all these, Bass. It's sad knowing you won't be finishing them, but at least releasing them as open betas to those who wants to use them for completing/etc.

I swear there was something cool here!!