YesNoOk

Benhazard Wip Projects and other Stuff (Read 134745 times)

Started by benhazard, September 22, 2020, 04:20:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Benhazard Sprite wip Projects (CVS Gouken v3, Hitto DBS & Renamon)
#41  February 12, 2021, 11:27:37 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Yes, usually idle stance, walks and similar animations can be had to make "stable" or something.
What you did is great.

Good luck.

I can't wait to see the next moves...
Seems the process is very long. Hope the other sprites will need less fixing.

What is your method/software for animation checking when editing? Just photoshop?

Also, perhaps, you could rename your thread since you show more different sprites now ?

I might be one of the few people who never got used to Photoshop, (maybe it's due to my first rig at the past) but I have always prefered simple tools, initally Windows Paint, but I have moved to Photofiltre (https://ibb.co/N1Jz9N5), that is basicaly a improved version of the same.

later/or nowadays, I got used to new two tools, Pixel Studio (https://ibb.co/k3LsggL) that I use on a tablet, and Aseprite, that's paid, but is very effective for animations.

Been following this thread for a while and gotta say congrats on the progress you have been remaking Gouken so far. Curious tho, do you plan to add the SF4 attacks that are missing from Gouken?
Yes, also fill in other elements from CVS3, or other suggestions/ideias after I finish the core set.

These are really nice, Ben Hazard. I cannot wait to see the many improvements you've bestowed upon Renamon.

Do you already have her move set figured out? Wanted to see if I could provide a few move ideas that could be useful to her.

Not fully, for now, my goal is to convert only the GBA set, then call it a day. I will later figure the rest of her moveset, but will atend comission request first.

Gouken Jump is done (Will revise the arms), Renamon is near completion. (Still barebones, but enough for a base).:

after finishing the following lines, the Gouken V3 project will be moving at a better pace, and I will be officially be taking requests.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I also update this tread with another Wip (Hitto DBS) that I'm working with some old firends. ^^

That hit looks pretty damn dope, good luck and it's good to hear from you again!
#42  February 12, 2021, 11:29:57 pm
Gouken really looks like something capcom would have made back in the day.
Awesome stuff.
#43  February 20, 2021, 11:47:56 pm
  • Some stuff, Skyrim, Doom, RE3, amateur pixelartist
Yes, usually idle stance, walks and similar animations can be had to make "stable" or something.
What you did is great.

Good luck.

I can't wait to see the next moves...
Seems the process is very long. Hope the other sprites will need less fixing.

What is your method/software for animation checking when editing? Just photoshop?

Also, perhaps, you could rename your thread since you show more different sprites now ?

I might be one of the few people who never got used to Photoshop, (maybe it's due to my first rig at the past) but I have always prefered simple tools, initally Windows Paint, but I have moved to Photofiltre (https://ibb.co/N1Jz9N5), that is basicaly a improved version of the same.

later/or nowadays, I got used to new two tools, Pixel Studio (https://ibb.co/k3LsggL) that I use on a tablet, and Aseprite, that's paid, but is very effective for animations.

Been following this thread for a while and gotta say congrats on the progress you have been remaking Gouken so far. Curious tho, do you plan to add the SF4 attacks that are missing from Gouken?
Yes, also fill in other elements from CVS3, or other suggestions/ideias after I finish the core set.

These are really nice, Ben Hazard. I cannot wait to see the many improvements you've bestowed upon Renamon.

Do you already have her move set figured out? Wanted to see if I could provide a few move ideas that could be useful to her.

Not fully, for now, my goal is to convert only the GBA set, then call it a day. I will later figure the rest of her moveset, but will atend comission request first.

Gouken Jump is done (Will revise the arms), Renamon is near completion. (Still barebones, but enough for a base).:

after finishing the following lines, the Gouken V3 project will be moving at a better pace, and I will be officially be taking requests.

I also update this tread with another Wip (Hitto DBS) that I'm working with some old firends. ^^

That hit looks pretty damn dope, good luck and it's good to hear from you again!

Thanks!, one less to go and I get the R project out of the paper, posting other news later.

Fixed Gouken, his left Arm still doesn't feel right yet, but should be enough to not be so much perceptible..:

Renamon Diamond Storm (Ground/Aerial)

Also, some edits for pratice. (Scorpion used as reference)

Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 04:14:45 am by benhazard
#44  February 26, 2021, 12:10:23 pm
Excellent work! Leave it to talented creators like you to continue the naomi-era sprite style that capcom abandoned too soon.
If it's ok to ask, are you fine with how the sprites currently animate? You don't see the need to add in-between frames on some of gouken's moves?
#45  March 02, 2021, 04:44:43 pm
Excellent work! Leave it to talented creators like you to continue the naomi-era sprite style that capcom abandoned too soon.
If it's ok to ask, are you fine with how the sprites currently animate? You don't see the need to add in-between frames on some of gouken's moves?

More or less, for now, I'm using Ryu as a basic guide to set the number of frames to adapt for Gouken. ex.:

There are others that I will redo from scratch as it didn't make much sense as it was.

Alright, time to move to key projects. (starting topic update)

#46  March 02, 2021, 09:53:58 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Wow, Hit is looking fluid.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
Re: Benhazard Wip Projects and other Stuff
#47  March 07, 2021, 11:36:47 am
Don't forget to take it easy man!
Idk if that's a coat or robe hit is wearing but I really like how it moves
#48  March 11, 2021, 10:51:58 pm
When redoing Gouken, i did notice that the old Jump animation by C.V.S Abstract was based on SF4 Jump backwards while the cvs uses mainly one, so I did a small experiment and tried to merge the two variants from SF4. the foward, seems to be somewhat consistent, but the back looks a bit weird, well will update the last later.

#49  March 12, 2021, 12:34:05 am
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
I can't explain how grateful I am for you bringing this project.
Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 04:59:52 pm by S. Jetstream
#50  March 12, 2021, 12:46:15 am
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
that is one lovingly rendered upper body
#51  March 30, 2021, 04:35:24 am
basic direction is done (Spritesheet 1 of 3) going to take a quick break and and something *else, along his seconf spritesheet (moveset).

#52  March 30, 2021, 07:31:14 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Good stuff...
It will be long! If you keep going, it will be a nice upgrade!
#53  March 31, 2021, 05:18:22 am
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
Those dashes are nice...  :sweetheart:
#54  March 31, 2021, 01:33:30 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Man, that looks perfect!!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#55  May 23, 2021, 12:28:41 am
Now I have realized that the only part of the old Gouken spritesheet I haven't uploaded to DA was the kick moveset, still doesn't matter as much as I redoing it anyways. =P

Forgot to post the transition anim, also, basic combo is near done, lacking only Standing Close Heavy Punch.
Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 12:32:57 am by benhazard
#56  May 30, 2021, 08:25:56 pm
I'm so hyped for this old man like you wouldn't believe lol
#57  June 03, 2021, 06:00:01 pm
That Gouken is mad.
You nailed the look.

Hit also looks great.
#58  June 11, 2021, 02:43:09 am
I'm so hyped for this old man like you wouldn't believe lol

Thanks, lacks aerial/ground and some minor to finish the rest of the P moveset. here is a basic ref.:

Also, DW comission taking shape.  (CVS Shermie rework)

going to post other details later.
Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 02:48:39 am by benhazard
#59  June 11, 2021, 07:13:37 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Your Gouken is looking very lively as usual, and that Shermie is turning out really nice as well. Always love to see more of your work!

Shit
#60  June 11, 2021, 08:55:13 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Good stuff. I think Gouken's far knee kind of pops out on a frame there.

Man so many of those snk to cvs conversions need touch ups like this.
Spriting is hard.