• http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
AAAAAAAAAANDEEEEEEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!
Re: WIP - Byrne (SHADEs 2)
#62  June 29, 2009, 04:09:33 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
outside of the projectile he will likely have
Adhelheid's rempuuken or something original ?
Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:15:19 am by Cyan Paul
#63  June 29, 2009, 04:42:05 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Something original, definitely.

Download Last Bout now!
#64  June 29, 2009, 06:46:00 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Just whipped this up.

That's as origional as I can get right now. XP
#65  June 29, 2009, 07:12:04 am
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
your antialias looks like pillowshade
#66  June 29, 2009, 09:03:15 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Is that a problem? I think it looks nice.

Download Last Bout now!
#67  June 29, 2009, 09:41:53 am
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
you tell me which one you prefer

right one has another unknown antialias (which means less pixels, which means less clicks, which means less time) + palette change + minor changes
#68  June 29, 2009, 10:08:13 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I'm not being a jerk or anything, but honestly I like the first one. I'm all for less time and everything, but I think mine looks smoother, while the new one looks like it has more jagged edges. I know this is how most Capcom sprites look, I don't know, maybe it's just me. Maybe if I tried yours over a different background, because the white background on that image isn't really helping. I appreciate the advice though.

Download Last Bout now!
#69  June 29, 2009, 10:50:03 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I don't mind any of them on the upper part of the body, but I prefer the "edgy" version by C00per on the pants.

Very nice design. :) Apart from Adelheid, on what other char will you base his animations ?
As for ideas, maybe he could create weapons from his hands, something like a fire sword (made only of fire) for some close attacks ?
#70  June 29, 2009, 10:59:27 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Well I realized that Many KoF characters share the same general height and physique, so I'm using many different people for his anims, but mostly Adelheid, Kyo, Andy, and K'. The flame sword thing is a great idea, I will definitely do something like that, if I can manage the effects.

Also, it's funny you'd say that about the pants and the anti-aliasing, because I just got done changing pretty much just his hair and pants to match c00per's suggestions. I think the upper body looks fine as well, but the pants do look nicer now.

Download Last Bout now!
#71  June 29, 2009, 11:17:17 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Cool, the sprites look better now. :)

Also, about random ideas :
- A super where he dashes forward very fast (à la Violent Ken), and leaves a flame trail on the ground (see Evil Ken by Reu for reference).
- His top shirt (and especially the sleeves) make him look a little bit like a demon IMO. A super with this could be nice. For example, he could gather power really quickly, his shirt would turn into flames, and his upper body would be in combustion for a short time. From there, you can do pretty much what you want : this could just be the startup for a move where he rushes to the opponent to burn him. Or this could be the animation to enter a "super mode" where he gains power in his attacks and burns the opponent when he touches them.
- Flame pillars à la Iori : simple but neat.
- He dashes tot he opponent, palm in front, with a fire sword on his hand. If it connects, the sword passes through the opponent and stays there. The opponent is blocked and can't move. Byrne passes on the other side and impales him with another fire sword. He then crouches and puts his hands on the ground (he could do an incantation or whatever), and a huge fire column raises from the ground (with stones perhaps, dunno), and sends the opponent burning in the air.
#72  June 29, 2009, 01:20:47 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
simple yet effective hadouken fireball just smaller and slower moving, when it hits the enemy depending on the button pressed to do it
normal hadouken effect
knockdown(back)
explosion
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#73  June 29, 2009, 03:40:37 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
Are you going to release him in real mugen :'(
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#74  June 29, 2009, 04:46:12 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Not to answer for sean or anything, but my guess would be seeing how it says (shades 2) would be no or not till after the full game is out, but i could be wrong.  Again not answering for sean, thats just my guess.  On a side note, we do have some beefy new lifebars that im considering releasing, after shades is out and the spriter gives permission.
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#75  June 29, 2009, 04:50:57 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
Not to answer for sean or anything, but my guess would be seeing how it says (shades 2) would be no or not till after the full game is out, but i could be wrong.  Again not answering for sean, thats just my guess.  On a side note, we do have some beefy new lifebars that im considering releasing, after shades is out and the spriter gives permission.
new lifebars interesting
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#76  June 29, 2009, 10:34:51 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Actually, he probably will get a regular release since I'm very proud of his sprites so far. I'd love for a large number of people to see what I'm capable of.

Download Last Bout now!
#77  June 29, 2009, 11:36:30 pm
  • I do use dark colors. . . : \
    • kurotoboe.deviantart.com
Now I really have to work on my characters.
I'm trying. . .
#78  June 29, 2009, 11:38:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Fire projection ability, using his "focusing" sprites he could conjure a sillhoeutte of fire on different positions on the screen that would last a couple of seconds, these could act as mines to float around with his other moves and create combos.
#79  June 29, 2009, 11:58:48 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Actually, he probably will get a regular release since I'm very proud of his sprites so far. I'd love for a large number of people to see what I'm capable of.

I would kinda like to see alot of your older characters get re-released at some point.... and yes, your original ones.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#80  June 30, 2009, 02:11:22 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
It would be interesting to give him some kind of interaction with stages, like melting or heating background elements to damage when opponent touches them.