YesNoOk

Games you wish had gotten sequels? (Read 68815 times)

Started by DMK, February 22, 2013, 12:30:02 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Games you wish had gotten sequels?
#21  February 22, 2013, 06:34:47 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Second Sight.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#22  February 22, 2013, 06:39:39 pm
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
Killer 7
Godhand
#23  February 22, 2013, 06:59:27 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Mirror's Edge 2.  Curse you, Battlefield Bad Company 2.
Beyond Good & Evil 2.  Story was just left waiting for the sequel at the end....then it never happened.
Star Wars Battlefront III.  Because Battlefront games are the most fun I've had with Star Wars ever.
Lost Odyssey 2.  Not so much because it needs one, rather the game's really well done, and I'd happily play another 90-so hour long JRPG if they can keep its story just as good as the first.

Perhaps not a direct sequel....but a new game based on its mechanics; hoping for a new Godzilla Destroy All Monster Melee.  Been too long since there's been a good Godzilla game.  Here's hoping the new Godzilla film might bring up something similar.

2OS

#24  February 22, 2013, 07:02:01 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
einhander
#25  February 22, 2013, 07:05:17 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#26  February 22, 2013, 07:14:44 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color
I thought this game was great, so much that I made a Let's Play of it. But in all seriousness, it left me wanting more, and I long for a continuation to be made to fill me in. And no, I don't consider Graffiti Kingdom to be a sequel. They're not even the same outside of the creating your characters part!

Primal Rage
The fact that the sequel was actually in the works just kills me. Although some footage has popped up lately showcasing it, it didn't show too much, plus there was no sound. I would really like the sequel to be shown, in some form or another. Heck, I'd even settle for an "arcade perfect" version of the first one on PlayStation Network.  :P
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#27  February 22, 2013, 07:35:41 pm
a proper ragnarok online, the first ragnarok online 2 doesn't had an ro feel to it. and the remake sucks. why remove all the interesting job classes? and fuck the slow paced battle system.

maybe another black rock shooter game , with more original characters and not some clones of the original characters or maybe new gameplay system where you can fight as a team.

mirror's edge, borderland 3(with 3rd person view and tiny tina as playable character) and suikoden 6.
#28  February 22, 2013, 07:51:37 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color
I thought this game was great, so much that I made a Let's Play of it. But in all seriousness, it left me wanting more, and I long for a continuation to be made to fill me in. And no, I don't consider Graffiti Kingdom to be a sequel. They're not even the same outside of the creating your characters part!

i do, since i liked graffiti kingdom a lot more. wish they had a 'vs cpu' mode in the 2 player vs mode

DW

#29  February 22, 2013, 07:55:03 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Chaos Legion
#30  February 23, 2013, 06:47:03 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Killer Instinct : KI 3 is a must because we want to know the aftermath of KI 2 (SINCE EVERY CHARACTER SAVE GARGOS HAD 4 DIFFERENT ENDING)
Streets of Rage : need an official 4th sequel or a reboot.(THOUGH BomberGames DID A GREAT JOB Remaking the entire series into BOR I want to see a new one.)
ALIEN STORMER :It was Good....
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#31  February 23, 2013, 07:13:15 am
  • For honor!
Kick Master
Einhander
Ninja Master's
Zombie Revenge (I don't know whether to count this as a part of the house of the dead franchise or not)
Countdown Vampires

Also I wish Twisted Metal Black: Harbor City, Timesplitters 4, Oddworld: The Brutal Ballad of Fangus, Carrier: The Next Mutation, Illbleed 2, and Samurai Shodown V Final were never canceled.

And I wish Viewtiful Joe 3 happened.
Iroha stripped for me
#32  February 23, 2013, 07:14:44 am
I wish we had a real DMC sequel.

I wish we had a Final Fantasy that kept going down the path 12 took instead of taking so many steps backward.

I wish we had a proper sequel to Super Metroid, more Metroid Primes, and a Castlevania that improved on Symphony of the Night instead of failing to mimic it.

I wish we had a third Chrono game.

I wish we had a Megaman X9, with 2D gameplay but beautiful 2.5D graphics and a story that isn't horrendous, priced competitively on PSN/XBL.

I wish we had a new Unreal made by someone who knows what made Unreal good instead of the fucks who've made the last few.

I want Warcraft 4, even though it'll never ever ever happen because fuck people who enjoy games, esports, esports, esports! I'd settle for Warcraft 3 HD.

I'd like a new game in the vein of X-Men Legends or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance that won't nickel and dime me to death.

I hope they leave Prince of Persia and Legacy of Kain they fuck alone. They ended perfectly and there is no way they can keep that magic alive.
#33  February 23, 2013, 08:24:37 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
#34  February 23, 2013, 08:41:58 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Devil May Cry 5, No More Heroes 3, Klonoa 3, The Last Blade 3, God Hand 2.....oh well, at least I know Persona 5 is gonna happen.
#35  February 23, 2013, 10:50:18 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
In no particular order

Rage of the Dragons (and make Mr. Jones inherit a dragon)
Chrono Trigger
Duck Tales
Krion Conquest
TMNT: Tournament Fighter
Sweet Home
Osu! Karatebu
Gitaroo Man
Street Fighter X Megaman (As long as the stages actually have thought put into them and half of the bosses aren't Megaman sprite edits. Also doesn't have to be SF, could be another Capcom franchise like Darkstalkers or something)
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Cave Story
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!

Elite Beat Agents.

No, I don't mean Ouendan, I mean an actual Elite Beat Agents 2.
EBA had a handful of good songs (September, ABC, and fucking awesome covers of La La* and Jumpin' Jack Flash*), but it didn't make up for the fucking horrible songs on it (Survivor, Sk8r Boi, Without a Fight, You're the Inspiration, Material Girl, and the song every American rhythm game seems obligated to put in, YMCA), so if they were to ever do a sequel, they would need a way better tracklist.

Spoiler: * (click to see content)
Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:03:14 am by Jango
#36  February 23, 2013, 03:39:45 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Another side scrolling Metroid: 2D would be great, but 2.5D would be cool too.

Chrono Trigger: yeah, we had Chrono Cross and it was great, but it didn't quite feel like a true sequel.

Beneath a Steel Sky

Shenmue

Project Justice
#37  February 24, 2013, 05:05:54 am
new rival school (because i miss my akira) and snk vs capcom 2 (i'd like to see hand drawn capcom characters)
#38  February 24, 2013, 05:48:28 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Parasite Eve 2.
#39  February 24, 2013, 05:54:28 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Eretzvaju
#40  February 24, 2013, 05:59:09 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Circuit Breakers for the PS1 (I think I even remember some function teasing a sequel in the menu)
Battle Arena Toshinden (played 3, never 4 but I really wish this had a modern day successor besides that weird Wii game I heard about)
Tomba! 3
Tobal 3
Lego Racers (as a kid, this game was pretty cool)