YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 932091 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#1141  August 22, 2022, 05:04:52 pm
I think it's more about the damage. If a skill does a lot of hits then the skill damage is divided by the number of hits. But if it's just 1, then you take the full damage from that one hit.
I'm pretty sure that's not the case, at least outside dream match ? For example, Ryu's Shoryuken deals like 95% of its damage on the first hit, including the elemental explosion, which you can cancel into anything else, because the rest of the uppercut barely does 3 digits worth of damage and is completely useless. Back when I was still playing the spider mode, I tested it out to see if it was worth canceling or not while in awakening mode. Just cancel after the first punch.
edit - checked again, any skill's first hit deals in the tens of millions damage, everything after deals barely a million or two all together, for multiple characters. It varies from character to character, but that seems to be the norm. Less hits have a less notable gap, I guess, like a 3 hit skill will be a 70-20-10 split or something.

The video says there's a new surprise in the random select, hinted to be Mokujin...
The new boss showdown is interesting, as long as the rewards are worth it and it's not just for boasting privilege like the badge display.
As for future collabs, knowing the choices that came up in the poll results they showed, the only one I would care about is Jojo, and maybe Darkstalkers a little.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 06:25:55 pm by Byakko
#1142  August 22, 2022, 05:22:24 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Given the fact that both gold Jins are more combo focused, it makes sense Devil Jin is straight foward.  Him getting the devil laser as an Active Skill was set in stone.  I like that his track is Devil's Pit so now I have a new menu music to switch to.  Sad that Heat Haze Shadow Part 2 ain't gonna be a thing.

Mortal Kombat is in a weird state at the moment given recent events with their parent companies so I don't think a collab is even possible.  We still don't have any news of their 30th anniversary ffs.  I feel like we may get a quick Samsho rerun.

Hwoarang was someone they really wanted in the first T7 collab but his moveset handicapped his potential as you only had 3 skills and nothing more.  Now in a meta with multiple tapped Active Skills, he now fits well in this game.  He and Alisa are the only ones that utlize the new stance feature.  Makes Super Saiyan transformation possible when the Dragon Ball collab ever happens or even Jojo's Stand functions.

Next Dungeon involves a larger Devil Jin but you can set handicaps to your units and the more you apply and clear the stage, the better the rewards gained.  Nice, love it.  Where was all of this in the last 3 events lol

Sad that after all these updates, there is still no word on the Ash Saga ugh

The video says there's a new surprise in the random select, hinted to be Mokujin
Everyone becomes Mokujin let's go!!
Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 05:31:20 pm by Kirishima
#1143  August 23, 2022, 03:43:20 am
  • Forever loving but always working.
I don't think it will be exactly Mokujin but instead the look-a-like wood-dolls we get in time attack that always block or roll or back away from you.

The New Dungeon is very interesting. New content is always a good thing.

idk why I thought Alisa is red balance, she's red but it doesn't show the type. My guess is actually defense or attack since we just got Shermie as a red balance.

And I have to point out that I would love a One Piece Collab. But I actually hope they wait until later for that one so they can have access to all the powerups from the story.
#1144  August 23, 2022, 01:13:44 pm
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/4/69860

First banner for the week is shown to feature EX Hwoarang and Alisa as an SS class.  Classic Nina will be featured on both banners and will be standard FES that can be upgraded via dimensional invites.  Second banner will feature EX Devil Jin and SS Classic Hwoarang next week.  EX Bride Nina is given via mission items ala EX Chun-Li and SS Gato.

Colors and class for the T7 Round 2 units shown.

T7 Hwoarang is Blue Attack
SS Classic Hwoarang is Green Balance
Devil Jin is Purple Balance
T7 Nina is Yellow Defense and will be free
Classic Nina is Purple Balance
SS Alisa is Red Defense

Devil Jin's EX core allows to spam his S1 Avenger freely where as his S3 boosts the damage for S1.

Codes will be live once the collab begins tomorrow.

AGAINTEKKEN7

TEKKENGODOMEGA

DEVILJINISCOMING

SPECIALTHANKSTOALL

HWOARANGFLAMINGO

EVO2022KNEE
Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 06:59:12 pm by Kirishima
#1145  August 25, 2022, 01:58:53 pm
lol Nina's Bad Habit deals physical damage to all enemies
Because everyone feels that pain.
 :pwnonk: <= some guy's face when they watch Nina kick the guy next to them in the nuts
lol @ the chibi card set with devil Jin lasering everybody left right and center.

Fucking hell, all the cards have crits and CP EVERYWHERE. Powercreep forever and soon a billion CP for one character.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 05:09:24 pm by Byakko
#1146  August 25, 2022, 03:33:30 pm
So sadly, there is nothing from the first collab here.  So much for my gold unit power creep fantasies.  Eff you Bamco.

From the card pool, there is that one Bride Nina FES Option Card that is worth getting however.  It's essentially Gintama's infamous Crit Up and Skill CD reduction but now better.

lol @ the chibi card set with devil Jin lasering everybody left right and center.
He is apparently taking out his anger on Team Fatal Fury as he thinks Terry stole his invite for Smash Ultimate!

Fucking hell, all the cards have crits and CP EVERYWHERE. Powercreep forever and soon a billion CP for one character.
And they would still die in one hit in PvP for reasons
#1147  August 27, 2022, 04:08:42 am
I actually hate this Collab mainly because of the road NM is secretly taking.

First the good: the boss showdown is a great idea and really fun, the art team is fantastic like always.

the bad:
You can use skip ticket on the rush dungeon only IF you pay them.

The tekken tower is filled with bullshit requirements like defeat with a "specific character." So you have to be lucky enough to get that specific character. I got Hwoarang 1 time in 600 pulls. That's going to the pity 3 times. I got 3 Tickets but at that almost 1% rate, I should've got 6 copies + 3 tickets. Instead of 6, I got 1. Holy shit that was bad but my point is the horrible rates is one side and the other side is the game forces you to use a specific new unit to obtain all the clear rewards. So if you got bad pulls, you're shit out of luck...which is easy with the bad rates.

The free cards from the exchange shop are basically shit. In previous events, the exchange shop cards were as good or slightly weaker than the banner cards. This time it's incredibly one sided.

The next bad are the units themselves are not that great. The change stance system is "neat" but doesn't make the game more fun. Now I have to keep track of cooldowns that I can't see. And their core effects are get ready for the next...level of bullshit. Hwoarang is immune to all status: fear, stun, petrify, and freeze. Why? Like in SF, it made sense that Akuma is immune to fear and burn. But here why is Hwoarang immune to that? Is he too strong to be scared? Because Kyo is the same...he fights a god who is earth itself and has Iori consistently wanting to kill him, but Kyo is not scared at all.

Same with EX Nina, she's immune to all DoT explosions. Why? Because Netmarble put themselves in a power corner. Without those bullshit core effects, they would be destroyed in Championship and they know it. It goes to Dream Match too. Nina's skills are quicker than others and bypass certain skills. So they're also optimized for Dream Match. I hate that. Dream Match was supposed to be the "even playing field."

I was looking forward to Alisa and she's not fun to play or all that special. Hwoarang got in because he's a favorite of the devs and not of the players, but the players are the ones actually playing the game. Nina is not interesting to me at all. So all that's left is Devil Jin. And I hope he's the winged savior because I'm so ready to say "fuck this game."

They really should've done a poll for a collab round 2 to see who the players wanted. Now I see Alisa only got in because they already developed the stance system for Hwoarang and she could use it too.

-edit-
Okay they are fun in Dream Match...They have an advantage but they are fun in Dream Match...I hope Dream Match gets more improvements.

The rest of the content is still too heavy behind high pay walls. I got level 50 on the Tekken Tower and the challenge is to kill Devil Jin in 30 seconds. I have Hwoarang at A3 with 5 stones and I have Alisa too with 5 stones and they cannot kill him quickly enough. They really expect us to have A7 Hwoarang to clear that? That's insane to ask.

-edit 2-

the change stance works well on Hwoarang after I had more time with it...I'm pretty sure I'll be able to finish all the quests, and completing the challenges is fun but I'm guessing the majority of players will feel my earlier frustration. And yep this collab is still too focused on forcing money out of players. I know they're business but they should really pay attention. I only began playing this because of the pandemic...but as more things become open, I would rather go on more vacations so less time to play the game. And if they make the game more frustrating then it becomes a toxic relationship that I'm happy to cut out.
Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 11:46:47 pm by ETSRL
#1148  August 29, 2022, 12:05:48 am
So the new Tekken towers isn't built to be cleared by 1 single A3 unit + A5 A7 FES Nina, you need to have EVERYONE at A3 maxed out to deal with missions to get through the 60 second time limit.  And they all new Star/Moon stones of some kind, cards that focus on tag buffs, cards the focus on critical nukes when doing things solo, etc.

By the time Devil Jin banner is out, best of luck in getting what is needed.  These towers were made with the intent to be cleared during the last week once you all have decent T7 units.  This is crazy.

And yea, they finally added an auto-clear function after so many pleas to reduce daily time but it is gated behind a paywall of at least $5 from the battle pass.  No doubt this will be the norm.  I hope they do something with Chapter of Fight's tickets as I am stockpiling on them with only a daily limit of 5 usage, lol.

The free cards from the exchange shop are basically shit. In previous events, the exchange shop cards were as good or slightly weaker than the banner cards. This time it's incredibly one sided.
The only usage for those sets is the aformentioned towers if you are unlucky with getting the new T7 cards.  If there were Tekken 7 units with 45 cost, this would be a godsend for Epic Quest's cost-specific missions.  Alas, such isn't the case.  They could have used that chance for something like Schoolgirl Alisa, School Jin, Tag 2 Heihachi, Tekken 3 Xiaoyu, or Gi Uniform Hwoarang for those.

Like come on, it's been years and not everyone has gotten through those =[

And their core effects are get ready for the next...level of bullshit. Hwoarang is immune to all status: fear, stun, petrify, and freeze. Why?
One reason and one reason only: League PVP.  Their kits were intended to stop the constant wave of A7 SFV units and for some reason FES Kim's Petrify core.  Same goes for Bride Nina and how much her kit is made to negate DoT stuff from SFV stuff.

Soon we will get cores that will negate cores that block DoT and it will not come from an EX or FES+ unit.  Good stuff [/s]

But yea, they are emergency SFV counters and the next collab will be the next counters to the Tekken 7 EX stuff.  Sunrise, sunset.

They really should've done a poll for a collab round 2 to see who the players wanted.
I feel like that is gonna get spammed by peeps that want EX versions of the mishimas.  Also, the moment the concept of EX became a thing, Devil Jin would have won in a heartbeat anyways lol

I hope Dream Match gets more improvements.
I hope they nerf the shit out of grab focused users, more specifically SS Blue Mary and her infinite from anywhere stuff, and EX Lady Choi where you have a millisecond to react to her grab and if you guess wrong, you die.
Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 12:11:06 am by Kirishima
#1149  August 29, 2022, 03:05:46 am
I hope they nerf the shit out of grab focused users, more specifically SS Blue Mary and her infinite from anywhere stuff

Truly, you know my pain. Nina's S1 will win any speed tie and her S3 grab is like Blue Mary's S2 where it can grab even when getting hit, but it's not as broken as Blue Mary's skills. Also Blue Mary's skills make it impossible to use the escape skill until the last second.

So the new Tekken towers isn't built to be cleared...
I actually cleared the tower with Hwoarang but I needed one of the new star stone. Still need gold cores to get the moon stone...but I think the new Tekken set should help out a lot. I don't have it yet but I use what I believe is the second best set. It's the EX Kyo set cards.

This is where I finished Devil Jin, skip to 05:17.

I gotta admit I'm liking Hwoarang more and more. It's rewarding to know how to use him. But NM could've made us use trial fighters with limited stats so it's challenging and enjoyable for all. But the way it is now it's like they're pushing us to max out everyone.

And the weird thing is the last login reward is a 10x Fighter Ticket for the next XV banner. So maybe it's XV Ash and they kick off his saga with a new wallpaper that replaces the Tekken wallpaper. It could also be Iori or Shun'ei but whoever it is has to be big.
#1150  August 30, 2022, 04:15:24 am
Deimos Base is back, and while they are heavily promoting it as Tekken 7 only, you can still clear it with high level EX stuff you may already have.  BS Memory fodder is the end reward.
#1151  August 30, 2022, 05:14:22 pm
If anyone still has the PC version files from the Street FIghter V event or more specifically the file "ace44354f1576b2f6384c161381c44f4" let me know so I can animate the titlescreen like in the video
Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 05:15:44 pm by cornrs
#1152  August 31, 2022, 02:08:05 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Deimos Base is back, and while they are heavily promoting it as Tekken 7 only, you can still clear it with high level EX stuff you may already have.  BS Memory fodder is the end reward.

I managed that with A4 Shermie (EX Stones and bonus stones, 3pg but no special set) with some judicious swtiching out when needed and it went pretty well.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#1153  September 13, 2022, 09:57:42 am
New Deimos season for a SS memory.
With all the extra Tekken stones we got, I'll be testing if Kazuya, Heihachi and Blue Jin can be useful with them.
#1154  September 14, 2022, 01:44:36 am
The tekken tower is filled with bullshit requirements like defeat with a "specific character." So you have to be lucky enough to get that specific character. I got Hwoarang 1 time in 600 pulls.
I'll do you one better. It took me 700+ pulls to finally get a random Devil Jin.  Yea, that's 4 runs.

So, hoarded a lot during the collab.  I can see why a lot in my Guild are now relying on Devil Jin for everything.  With all the new cards equipped, their crit damage goes ballistic.  Time to play the long wait game for the blank EX memories.

This new Deimos Base is worth it for the SS memory but at this point, if you are nowhere close to A5 Alisa/Classic Hwoarang, best hold onto that for the next collab when new SS stuff arrive.

Edit:

Kickstarting the never-ending road to the '03 chapter, KUSANAGI will be the focus for the next event and will be SS class.  He can be obtained for free and also has EX to be unlocked, but does not have any unique Imprint Stones.

Event has board, ruby logins, Dream Match update, etc.
Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 05:39:10 am by Kirishima
#1155  September 14, 2022, 05:24:31 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I was wondering when we'd finally get to play with Kusanagi.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#1156  September 17, 2022, 02:06:30 am

New diary vid from Manager Kriz and his gang of Athena clones that most of the time have their faces blurred out because they suck at mask crafting and camera positioning.

Anyways, today's subject is arts and we see the process of getting artwork done for title splashes and portraits and so forth.

One of the more interesting takeaways are scrapped concept arts that include the following:

*Several Lady units that may never see the light of day.  Lady Shingo (dang...), several early concepts of Lady Geese, their take on Ioriko and Kyoko, early concepts of Ms. Big/Lady Maxima/actual Lady Chang/Lady Yashiro, and finally Lady Teen Heidern.

*Epic Quest Chizuru is also shown.  May or may not be a thing since EQ Kyo/Iori have models ready in their database.

*RANGER Leona and Heidern (:qq:)

*Seasonal Hotaru.  Yea this really stings.

*Alt artwork for swimsuit portraits that include water droplets.

Finally, they cap off with a showcase of various fanarts made during the 4th Anniversary contest.  There is a plethora of Lady Chang included.  The winner involves Team Krohnen and his cats appearing as NESTS characters that you can snag as a collectible in game now.

Spoiler: Amongst the fanart not shown in the vid, one of the selected artwork includes... (click to see content)

Also, the team is aware on the sudden absence of Tekken 7 units from the first collab and claimed it was due to "various reasons", namely either Bamco or not figuring out how to make Gold stuff compete with red borders.
Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 02:11:44 am by Kirishima
#1157  September 18, 2022, 06:16:37 pm
I would rather want a standalone game that includes all the KOF All-Star characters but is solely for online mode. It could be called "KOFAS Dream Match" or smth. It could be a one time purchase game like every other KOF ports on mobile. Could make a quick and easy buck for Netmarble too cuz they'll simply be recycling all the assets from the original game.

Be careful what you wish for :(
#1158  September 23, 2022, 11:19:31 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada

And already BS Omega Rugal is about to be hella invalidated lmao
#1159  September 23, 2022, 12:53:01 pm
We are never getting the one with the funky shoulder pads, right? Spoke too soon.

At long last, Duo Lon is finally here as an EX unit along with Optic Blast Omega Rugal who now comes with TWO 3PGs!  The fact we are slowly getting '03 debuts means that the long awaited '03 chapter ain't too far off.  No doubt EX Shen Woo is gonna be a thing soon.

I really hope Omega Rugal's 3PGs works with Greed Rugal as that would be a huge buff for Epic Quest's Cost 45 challenges.
Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 12:44:30 pm by Kirishima
#1160  September 27, 2022, 01:58:27 pm
Greed Rugal is regular Rugal, he has access to the cards of regular Rugal, not Omega. This one is Omega, so that's not happening (neither is cost < 60 ever again). And they never released a bunch of supers that they showed in early trailers for a lot of characters, including regular Rugal, either.
Duo Lon is unexpected, it's about time they started this seriously.