YesNoOk

Making a new character  (Read 3565 times)

Started by Ssj4Zoroark, December 05, 2021, 01:17:57 am
Share this topic:
Making a new character
#1  December 05, 2021, 01:17:57 am
    • USA
Im planning on making a character for mugen but i dont know where to start as i know mugen for a few years really and i dont know what to do. could anyone give me tips on starting a character from scratch and any rules i should keep in mind?
Re: Making a new character
#2  December 07, 2021, 10:08:55 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Hello! I strongly recommend the video tutorials by Ryon, is where I got started and is beginner friendly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMRjrtY6x3E&list=PLIwEWBFlq_nqdRXtIA9rccQXx29eSHPlY

Also, read the mugen docs, everything you need to know is there! You can read the MUGEN Class section of the forum too, is a little more detailed:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/mugen-class.415

I also recommend editing existing content, to know how things works. Start with KFM, his codes are very well explained so you can edit your character on top of him.
#3  December 16, 2021, 05:21:21 am
    • Colombia
    • arfercon@gmail.com
#4  December 16, 2021, 05:51:12 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

#5  December 20, 2021, 05:44:21 pm
    • France
I started new characters too. I never used mugen before doing this so it can be complicated sometimes,and video tutorials are very long ^^
My advice is start using a low animation character ( I used Ken masters from the gameboy game so very little to work with)
Once you have a characters that walks, jumps, hit and guard (no need to bother with projectile at first) you can start to draw your own character animations.

And follow every advice people already said (use kfm basis to code your new characters, read the mugen doc on the forum even if you don't understand everything you will know the parts of a character and his moves

Good luck !
#6  December 20, 2021, 05:49:16 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
#7  December 23, 2021, 12:23:28 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#8  December 23, 2021, 02:49:46 am
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
Trial and error that is how I started doing when I knew nothing on coding. Start to make small changes and progress from there. It is best to use a template of your preferred fighting game style like MVC2,CVS, or KOF.
Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
#9  December 23, 2021, 08:16:34 am
  • Why,
Some uses KFM (Kung fu man) at template... some at starts at 0...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help