YesNoOk

Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)  (Read 1541116 times)

Started by MDCGD, October 19, 2020, 02:27:55 am
Share this topic:
Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)
#1  October 19, 2020, 02:27:55 am
    • USA

Salutations. I'm here to reveal a project I've been working on solo for some time and I've done enough work that's presentable. This will be a full Marvel versus DC comics fighting game. Here are some of the details:

3d models designed by me ( minus a few props such as weapons and accessories that may have been borrowed from other games)
All original animations
All original Move concepts
Game mechanics similar to MVC and SF franchises
Skill System
Assist System
EX Attacks
Focus Attacks
Collision Battles
Super & Ultimate Attacks
etc.....

Here's a video of my first two characters I've created. The Flash and Doomsday. I decided these two being the first to work on so that I may build a balanced fighting system (having the fastest/weakest char vs the slowest/strongest char). If I can balance the two against each other I can balance everyone else in between. They are both roughly 90-95% done. Minor adjustments in coding and their ultimate attacks need to be created.

I have a couple other characters in the design phase with there alternate costumes (if we can get MugenHook to work 100% efficiently).

I hope to build a roster of 30+ characters. here's the list I have so far:

CHARACTER LIST

DC

Superman
Flash
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Batman
Cyborg
Doomsday
Lex Luther
Darkseid
Catwoman
Aquaman

Marvel

Hulk
Ironman
Spider-Man
Captain America
Wolverine
Pheonix
Storm
Thanos
Thor
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Magneto
Blade
Psyloke

Characters may come and go on and from this list.

I hope to utilize Mugen to its maximum ability and create a non-broken, non-compilation, legit, playable indie fighting game that many will enjoy.
One of my To-Do's on my bucket list  :sugoi:
Follow Twitter: @MVDCGD
Subscribe Youtube: MVDCGD
Re: Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)
#2  October 19, 2020, 03:52:30 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
It's looking pretty solid! One thing that stands out to me is the amount of screen shake in doomsday'a intro and outro. Maybe tone it down a bit overall instead of shaking the screen to emulate the power in force maybe take a simular route as Hulk from MVC and show the power in his animations. Looking good overall tho! I got my eyes on this!.

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#3  October 19, 2020, 09:42:33 am
    • Bulgaria
I love what i see Doomsday is a monster Flash looks like character from Halo very cool.
#4  October 19, 2020, 11:32:12 am
I've seen other 3d type characters have decent sprites but then the gameplay can be very janky and broken but your 3d characters look really smooth so bravo for that. I look forward to the release :-)
#5  October 19, 2020, 04:09:01 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#6  October 19, 2020, 07:23:31 pm
    • USA
just logged in to say this looks fucken amazing bro, goddamn the movement is great! the attackas and everything, so nice! no one has 3d characters like this.
#7  October 19, 2020, 11:57:50 pm
    • USA
@thanewdude07: It crossed my mind a few times because I noticed the amp of the shake distorts the view of the character. Since you pointed it out I took your advice. Thanks!

@blagoy: lol Halo Flash. Thanks.

@Renegade 128k: Thanks! I've been dabbling in animation for years but I used quarantine to sharpen my skills while studying MK11,SFV,MVC3,GG, and DBFZ animations on Youtube.

@Kamui_Kanjai: I'll eventually throw him on the list once I visualize his moveset. DC needs villains on that list anyway.

@airforce111: Appreciate it!
#8  October 20, 2020, 07:10:05 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
Interesting! I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and that's a pretty solid starting roster. Looking foward to see more news of this project.
#9  October 20, 2020, 10:32:50 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
@thanewdude07: It crossed my mind a few times because I noticed the amp of the shake distorts the view of the character. Since you pointed it out I took your advice. Thanks!

Awesome man! Glad to help! Looking forward to your progress!

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

#10  October 22, 2020, 12:33:09 am
    • USA
This looks really nice, and maybe I'm just weird, but I'd suggest cutting some frames to punch up the motion. A little jerkiness can be really effective to sell speed and impact. If you've any 2D artistic talent, maybe a little bit of motion smear applied in the right places (especially for someone like Flash) would go a long way.

Looks extremely promising, either way, and it'll be cool to see what's next. :)
#11  October 22, 2020, 01:20:26 am
    • USA
This looks really nice, and maybe I'm just weird, but I'd suggest cutting some frames to punch up the motion. A little jerkiness can be really effective to sell speed and impact. If you've any 2D artistic talent, maybe a little bit of motion smear applied in the right places (especially for someone like Flash) would go a long way.

Looks extremely promising, either way, and it'll be cool to see what's next. :)

I've actually did quite some cutting already. I originally was going for an MK-ish feel. I had it at 60fps(1tick per frame) But the amount of frames was too much for Mugen to load (specifically for doomsday, being he's a huge character). Now I'm at 30fps(using 2ticks per frame with 1ticks here and there to adjust the speed for the "jerkiness" your referring to). Plus watching how Arc System animated GG and DBFZ helped me make more adjustments. I feel like I found a happy blend between NetherRealm, Capcom and Arc animation style. I'm always tweaking it though.

I did plan on adding motion blur in the final version of each character. Thanks.
#12  October 24, 2020, 08:37:29 pm
    • USA
Next WIP Storm. Here's a preview of her stance.

Wakanda Themed outfit. Will have signature outfits for as well.
#13  October 25, 2020, 12:55:41 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
Damn!
This is solid work here.
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#14  October 25, 2020, 06:09:23 pm
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
excelent animations and great storm concept man
#15  October 30, 2020, 06:42:30 pm
    • USA
@c00p && @GDPenguin Thanks!

Been on my mind for a while so I took a quick break from Storm to pose Superman's stance. Trying to pick between the two. Hovering or grounded?
Also not sure if I want to implement a "flight" system. If I were to do so, then I'd use both (one for flight and one for grounded). Pondering  :???:

Opinions?
#16  October 30, 2020, 07:07:05 pm
    • USA
me personally i liked how injustice did it (hover as normal stance and walking/hurt)
#17  October 30, 2020, 08:11:15 pm
    • USA
me personally i liked how injustice did it (hover as normal stance and walking/hurt)

which is why I wanted to do something different, but yea the hover is cool. MKvDC's Superman's stance was grounded but it was trash (all their idle animations were).

And fyi, his hurt animations are grounded in injustice. Just the stance and movements hover.
Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 10:35:21 pm by MDCGD
#18  October 30, 2020, 10:33:47 pm
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
Awesome so far! :) Good continuation with the project!
#19  October 30, 2020, 10:45:49 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
@c00p && @GDPenguin Thanks!

Been on my mind for a while so I took a quick break from Storm to pose Superman's stance. Trying to pick between the two. Hovering or grounded?
Also not sure if I want to implement a "flight" system. If I were to do so, then I'd use both (one for flight and one for grounded). Pondering  :???:

Opinions?

I like the grounded more! It seems a bit more dynamic than the floating one fighting stance wise. The other works a flight stance for the float mechanic but as a main stance I would go for the grounded one.

#20  October 31, 2020, 12:29:14 am
    • USA
I like the grounded more! It seems a bit more dynamic than the floating one fighting stance wise. The other works a flight stance for the float mechanic but as a main stance I would go for the grounded one.

My thoughts exactly. So, let me ask you this, should I use a "grounded" stance for ALL of my characters that possess flight (like Storm as you can see is floating) and using floating animation as a situational thing (i.e. flight system, or special attack, etc)?