YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4634774 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Shana Quick Update (11/12/21)
#741  November 13, 2021, 05:39:46 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Shana has been fixed.

Shana
-Fixed an error where Gouka and Gurren No Odachi were flagged as normal attacks
-Fixed an error where Shinpan No Hien only hits the opponent once after breaking a projectile

Hey OHMSBY, how you doing? Have you had any luck in extract any files from Guilty Gear Strive, like the models for example? I've tried searching for any downloads of the models themselves, but I could only find photos of the models already extracted on a Deviantart account by a guy named "o-DV89-o", who also extracted models from other games like Granblue Fantasy Versus and One Piece.

I haven't actually tried to extract them yet since I've been preoccupied with other projects, but don't think it's going to be too much trouble for me to do.

However, I don't how to get the exact colors of those characters. Do you get the references from an stock image? Consider this a way for me to learn how to make better palettes instad of using existing recolors. If I do them correctly, maybe I'll do more in the future.

I always look for a character sheet to use a reference whenever I'm making a reference palette. If the character that is being referenced happens to have indexed sprites, I would pull up one of the sprites in the other panel of fighter factory's palette editor and take the colors directly from said sprite.

One trick for getting the exact colors is by using the eyedropper tool on a part of an image in photoshop or gimp to find out the RGB values and typing them into fighter factory.

This makes me confused for a little bit because I have no idea whether it should be Movecontact = 1 or just Movecontact ?

Movecontact = 1 as it makes the variable only increment at the frame the attack connects, where as just Movecontact has the variable increment on every frame after as well.

I'll be looking through these later on. Keep in mind that some of these Flags, like the ones flagged as Throws and Hypers, are intentional as it allows them to prevent the opponent from Bursting when they're not supposed to.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Shana Quick Update (11/12/21)
#742  November 13, 2021, 06:56:06 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
So you fixed the last error that I replied, I found another one.
When you rapid cancel quickly after you hit an opponent with Stun Dipper/Vapor Thrust/Greed Sever during Shock State, the Shock State is still on.
https://streamable.com/37db9t
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Shana and Ky Quick Update (11/12/21)
#743  November 13, 2021, 07:10:40 am
    • USA
Fixed.
#744  November 13, 2021, 08:06:21 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I always look for a character sheet to use a reference whenever I'm making a reference palette. If the character that is being referenced happens to have indexed sprites, I would pull up one of the sprites in the other panel of fighter factory's palette editor and take the colors directly from said sprite.

One trick for getting the exact colors is by using the eyedropper tool on a part of an image in photoshop or gimp to find out the RGB values and typing them into fighter factory.
I got more cool ideas for palettes in mind not just the ones Ichida done and hopefully I can make them soon. I learned know how to use Fighter Factory Studio's Image Editor and was able to edit small portraits to make them look better as I fixed up Ichida's Miyuki for him. But yours look way more detailed, so I don't think you'll need help on that regard. While you work on King K. Rool, I want to keep myself occupied as I haven't done anything major for M.U.G.E.N since Hilda.

Do you think you'll create an Extra Palettes folder like you did with Yang, Ruby and Ragna for the ones Ichida done? It would nice to have a backup on the respective character folders in case they get deleted.

I'll be looking through these later on. Keep in mind that some of these Flags, like the ones flagged as Throws and Hypers, are intentional as it allows them to prevent the opponent from Bursting when they're not supposed to.
Gotcha, so the specials/force breaks with V are not while the ones with the rope and H are. I forgot to list on my previous post which ones specifically are the non-V attribute flags, but hopefully you can figure it out.

Fixed.
Didn't think you'll fix him that quick, but I should've also mentioned that Ky's EX Greed Sever shows up as V instead of S. The normal version of Greed Sever shows S fine.

Edit: Here is part 2 of the characters with their specials having the wrong attribute flag and other feedback if any:

Samus:
-Screw Attack (V)

Tager:
-Wedge Catapult doesn't kill the opponent with 1 HP, but is the correct attribute flag through debug mode.

Quote:
-King's Revenge counts as (V) when the opponent is killed by only the first hit and simply makes them fall down instead of connecting and killed by the last hit.
-The strong ground shockwave when the opponent hits the ground by Rising Blade is misligned as it's lower on the ground.

Susano'o:
-Megalith (V)
-Towering Flame (V)

Blitztank:
-Anstrum (V)

Saya:
-Aberrant Arm counts as (V) only when the tenticle touches the middle of the opponent, not at the tip.

Issac:
-Just the creep puddle on The D6 (V).

Taiga:
-Both normal and EX versions of Maid Thrust (V)
-I'm Taking You To The M-Morgue! (V)
-You're So Annoying is (V) through debug mode, the damage output is too low for a force break and doesn't kill the opponent with 1 HP.

Faust:
-From Above (V)
-The 100 Ton Weight on What Could This Be? doesn't kill the opponent with 1 HP.

Nanase:
-Avancer With You (V)
-Aureole of the Starry Sky (V)
-Both normal and EX versions of Conveying My Vrai Couer (V)

Jin:
-Both normal and EX versions of Hizangeki (V)

Hyde:
-Both normal and EX versions of Bend Sinister (V)

Lambda-11:
-Act Paraser Tri, Spada, Blade & Cavalier (V)

This one seems tough as it's looks like they're a mix of command normals, not sure if changing one will override the normal ones like with Faust. If it does, then skip her.

Meta Knight:
-B Dimensional Cape (V)
-Galactic Counter (V)

Piranha Plant:
-Even though the Spike Balls of all versions of Ptooie land on the same spot, they could be a tad lower as I noticed it's slightly higher than King Dedede's Gordos. Hope you fix that as well when you rerender his sprites.

Ky:
-See my reply for you after fixing him.

King Dedede:
-Super and Double Dedede Jump (V)

Hilda:
-Aspersivity doesn't kill the opponent with 1 HP, but is the correct attribute flag through debug mode.

It seems that the characters after Misaka had less noticeable errors with the special's attributes flags than the earlier ones like three or less. Anyone I missed means I haven't found anything for them. That should be everyone. Since there will be a lot of characters to update, I hope this doesn't affect King K. Rool's development as there is a ton of special attribute flags to fix especially on the earlier ones.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 11:47:00 am by ZolidSone
#745  November 15, 2021, 09:56:59 pm
    • Philippines
#746  November 15, 2021, 11:20:41 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Wow. So it’s possible to do a 100% with Shana just from her throw and starting from no meter at all.

https://streamable.com/9yo21c

Damn, I might have to make a tier list of OHMSBYs chars at some point. :P

Aside from that, I just realized that Shana's your 50th char you made. Way to reach the milestone man, you've definitley came a long way since you started your creativity in MFG!
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Shana + 5 others Quick Update (11/15/21)
#747  November 16, 2021, 06:21:00 am
    • USA
Time for some quick updates.

Shana:
-Reduced meter gain
-Fixed an error where the sword spin effect during her Match win pose didn't have proper transparency in MUGEN 1.0
Kirby:
-Included alternate big and small ports based on the Smash Ultimate Render
-Adjustments to attribute flags
-Slightly adjusted shockwave effect created by Hammer Swing
-Added to and adjusted Triggers to the Copy Ability list
Meta Knight:
-Included alternate big and small ports based on the Smash Ultimate Render
-Slightly reduced damage scaling
Hilda:
-Fixed an error where Aspersivity couldn't KO the opponent
Quote:
-King's revenge now only KOs from the 2nd hit onward
-Fixed a misaligned shockwave effect
Maid Taiga:
-"You're So Annoying!" has increased damage and is now capable of KOing the opponent

Wow. So it’s possible to do a 100% with Shana just from her throw and starting from no meter at all.

Yeah, I was actually starting to think that I might have been a little too lenient with her meter gain. She'll still be able to pull off that TOD with the update that I just uploaded, just not without any meter at all.

I've decided to save the flag changes for more substantial updates and bug fixes. I see them as minor low priority errors since most lifebars, including the ones that I use, just use generic victory icons anyway.

Also,

Tager:
-Wedge Catapult doesn't kill the opponent with 1 HP, but is the correct attribute flag through debug mode.

Faust:
-The 100 Ton Weight on What Could This Be? doesn't kill the opponent with 1 HP.

That's how they work in their respective source games.

Damn, I might have to make a tier list of OHMSBYs chars at some point. :P

I'd actually be interested in seeing a tier list for my characters as it could help with further balancing them.
#748  November 16, 2021, 08:18:38 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I just booted up Kirby and the game suddenly crashed:
Error message:
Error parsing trigger39, 1
Error parsing [State 2121,]
Error in [Statedef 901]
Error in Copy_Abilities.cns
Error loading chars/ffs_0/ffs_0.def
Error loading p1
Turns out recently added Mirror trigger39 on the copy ability list got bugged as "p2name =" on each respective name after the first one is missing as it currently looks like this:
trigger39 = p2name = "J. Geil" || "J. Gail" || "Centerfold" || "Hanged Man"

Thought I let you know in case anyone asks why.

Edit: I've also missed a tiny bug on him that slipped my radar, the projectiles on Beam Blast have reflections and shadows on the floor when it makes contact with the opponent.

I've decided to save the flag changes for more substantial updates and bug fixes. I see them as minor low priority errors since most lifebars, including the ones that I use, just use generic victory icons anyway.

Also, That's how they work in their respective source games.
Alright then, so I hope they eventually do get fixed when something major is found. But from here on out, I will also be testing specials for the attribute flags as well.

Never crossed my mind to lower the HP like 1% to do those moves in the source game and I just assumed it was the same with Hilda and Maid Taiga. So for right now, Tager pretty much has no issues as I see currrently.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 08:36:03 am by ZolidSone
#749  November 16, 2021, 02:37:25 pm
    • USA
Fixed Kirby's crash and noshadow flag.
#750  November 19, 2021, 04:30:21 am
    • Philippines
I just found that it's still possible to ToD from Shana's throw, but doing it now requires a bit of execution by "extending" her air combo.

https://streamable.com/7yu8f5
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Shana and Mika Quick Update (11/18/21)
#751  November 20, 2021, 05:45:00 am
    • USA
Alright, Shana's meter gain has been further optimized so that extended TOD will require you to have some meter first. A couple of other things got fixed as well.

Also, Mika got a quick little update.

Shana:
-Slightly reduced meter gain
-Fixed an error where Shana would gain a small amount of meter during the middle of Gurren No Souyoku
-Timing for rapid canceling the landing of Gurren No Souyoku is now more lenient
Mika:
-Added special intro against King K Rool
#752  November 20, 2021, 06:17:45 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#753  November 25, 2021, 06:29:20 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how you doing? If you dont mind me asking a question, how do you come with the instant kills for the characters you make and how do you implement them? For example someone mention on your video for Ky Kiske that you combined two of Key's Instant kills, Zwei Voltage(The cross) and Rising Force(The stinger), into one, which I think was a pretty cool idea. God bless you dude and happy thanksgiving. Hopefully your projects are going well.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#754  November 28, 2021, 06:20:14 am
    • USA
The idea came from Terry Bogard's final smash in Smash Ultimate as it is a mash up of some the Super Desperation Moves that he has had through out the King of Fighters series. I've took that concept and applied that to Iori's astral heat, and eventually Ky's as well.

As for the others who didn't already have pre-existing finishers, They tend to be either references to scenes and events from the source material (Charlotte's Bite from the 3rd episode of Madoka Magica for example) or simply super moves that have been expanded upon (Taiga and Shana).
#755  December 03, 2021, 10:11:20 am
  • uhee~
#756  December 04, 2021, 08:02:29 am
    • USA
#757  December 05, 2021, 05:30:56 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY it's cool that your tackling converting a Melty Blood: Type Lumina, especially when it's my girl Kohaku. And since your converting a character from a sequel to the original Melty, are you gonna use the new sound affects from Lumina, reuse the old sound effects from Actress Again Current Code, or use a combination of the two.
 For example Chaos Productions Inc did a comparison video where he showed Kohaku dash move. In Current Code her dash a cute little sound effect that occurs, but it is absent in Lumina.
Here's a link to his video for a visual understanding
https://youtu.be/fLAJZvLfq6A

Also I hope you had a great thanksgiving with family and friends.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#758  December 05, 2021, 06:15:35 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Jin and Ky Quick Update (12/04/21)
#759  December 05, 2021, 07:08:51 am
    • USA
Fixed.

Jin:
-Fixed an error where the opponent would revert back to the crumple state caused by Touga Hyojin upon being hit during that state
Ky:
-Adjusted Charged Stun edge's ground velocity and how it interacts with Super Armored opponents

Nicely done.

As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been a list of interactions made.

Aside from the common sound effects used for the rest of my characters, just the Type Lumina sound effects will be used.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: King K Rool released (12/06/21)
#760  December 07, 2021, 04:02:30 am
    • USA
King K Rool has been released.

1.0 USERS: Just like King Dedede, K Rool uses sffv2.1 by default. While this significantly reduces his file size, this sff can only be used with 1.1, Ikemen Plus, and Ikemen GO.
In order to use King K Rool in 1.0, you will need to download this patch:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I9oNOsE2nZFTaDdfJo7PS1tr4r-ZA47z/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get King K Rool here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D1rCtaZIfeNaQXNiUGaklxUmA59XS7ov/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

Have fun.