YesNoOk

"PotS style" Joe/Chun-Li/Kyo/King/Demitri/B.B. Hood UPDATED (Read 17309 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 30, 2021, 04:22:47 am
Share this topic:
"PotS style" Joe/Chun-Li/Kyo/King/Demitri/B.B. Hood UPDATED
#1  November 30, 2021, 04:22:47 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Updates to every (modern) character of mine, except for Ken (I don't know of any issues/bugs with him). Some of these updates are pretty minor (all fixing a minor guard input bug), but a few had more substantial updates, especially Kyo. MotorRoach cooked up some extremely cool sprites for Hikigane (both versions) and Shaku En (NGBC Kyo's alternate Dokugami chain finisher).

Chun-Li also got some rad new animations courtesy of DGO. The other updates are relatively minor. The full list of characters with substantial updates (as opposed to those who just had the guard input bug fixed) is as follows:

Chun-Li
  • New sprites added by DGO: unique jumping medium punch, SFIII styled angled jumping medium kick (normal mode only, Shadow Lady uses old version), SFIII style standing parry (normal mode only, Shadow Lady uses old version), and SFA Kikoken (Shadow Lady's EX Kikoken only, normal mode uses old version)
Kyo
  • Added Hikigane as a fully fledged move (for EX Kyo mode) using brand new sprites by MotorRoach; the old version of Hikigane, used only as the Dokugami Kai finisher (and which consisted only of the heavy variant animation), has been completely replaced.
  • Shaku En has been added as the finisher for EX Kyo's Dokugami Kai chain (replacing the heavy version of Hikigane); normal Kyo now uses the light version of Hikigane as his Dokugami Kai chain finisher.
  • Made further Aragami tweaks: it is now impossible to juggle aerial opponent with Aragami -> Yanosabi -> Migiri Ugachi unless the opponent is in the corner.
  • During Kototsuki Yo and Kamukura, when Kyo creates firery explosions, EnvShake now plays.
  • Adjusted Custom Combo cancelling rules for Kototsuki Yo so that the initial hit cannot be cancelled out of; the full grab must first be allowed to play out before cancelling out of the move is allowed, right when the explosion happens. The explosions for all versions of Kototsuki Yo are also no longer bound to Kyo, so they no longer follow him if he cancels out of the move during Custom Combo.
  • Removed an odd quirk involving Shiki: Kai, where Shiki: Kai's juggle reset feature—-normally limited to happening only once per combo--could be bypassed by careful timing during Custom Combo, allowing for multiple juggle resets in a single combo (the first Shiki: Kai hit+reset occuring before Custom Combo is activated, the second occuring just as Custom Combo is ending). Now, Shiki: Kai will always reset the juggle counter only once, no matter what. Shiki: Kai can still juggle indefinitely during Custom Combo, however; they will just add on their hits to the juggle counter (every other move does this without issue, as the juggle limit is ignored for the duration of Custom Combo), instead of resetting the juggle counter (as they used to do).
  • Slightly extended the hitbox for the final hit of Kiri Homura to the right, so that it'll no longer whiff on certain opponents.
  • MAX Kimi Homura hitvels adjusted to allow full juggle in the corner, since this is already possible for the level 1 version.
Benimaru
  • Flying Drill has way more pushback, but still the same frame advantage; pushback ensures it's impossible to link from it
  • The Elec-Trigger finish effects have been changed to use an animation from KOFXIII; old version used some awkwardly animated and placed Denei Spark effects.
  • Switched out the two lightning bolts that appear to the left and right of the center bolt during MAX Elec-Trigger; originally they used the same underlying sprites as the center bolt, which looked odd. Now uses effects originating from PotS's Ryu.
B.B. Hood
  • While dashing and holding down, it is now possible to perform standing normals, as in source. Prior versions only allowed standing normals if down was not currently being held during dash; crouching normals are still unable to be performed while dashing.
  • Missile moves performed during The Killing Time have been adjusted to better match source. They now take on certain properties from the normals they are replacing: namely, they retain BBH's momentum if cancelled into from dash, and can be canceled into from chained normals, bypassing the usual restriction on cancelling into special moves from chained normals.
Joe, King, and Demitri only have that guard input fixed.

it's time to (SHIN)GO and download these updates
Re: "PotS style" Joe/Chun-Li/Kyo/King/Demitri/B.B. Hood UPDATED
#2  November 30, 2021, 03:41:29 pm
    • Germany
Long time no hear, Jmorph.
It's great to see new updates on your Chars. Besides there's no CVS-Version of Nue Tsumi on Kyo.(Correct me if i'm mistook, please)
I'll gonna test now your Chars.
#3  November 30, 2021, 06:48:10 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I'm so hyped!!!!
Particularly about Kyo and Chun's updates!!
Thanks

What a great day!!!
Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 06:55:25 pm by Momotaro
#4  December 01, 2021, 03:44:18 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Great updates :D but I was about to ask you if you update Demitri with the 7710s, but I saw it's not :(

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#5  December 05, 2021, 12:16:11 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Good updates, don't know if your aware that some of the patches links are dead. I could not dl them for some reason. I was able to dl chazzanova robert, froz m bison, vega, sean and qbterry patch's with no problem. The other patch's could dl securely.
#6  December 07, 2021, 04:49:56 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Great updates :D but I was about to ask you if you update Demitri with the 7710s, but I saw it's not :(
I'd have to separate all that stuff and I really don't wanna do that right now  :gonk:

Good updates, don't know if your aware that some of the patches links are dead. I could not dl them for some reason. I was able to dl chazzanova robert, froz m bison, vega, sean and qbterry patch's with no problem. The other patch's could dl securely.
Which patches don't work? I just tested them all and was able to download them fine.
#7  December 08, 2021, 02:52:36 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I'm currently at work, I will try again. Once I get off, congrats on all your works. Love the  videos, displaying the new moves on certain fighters. Gives it a real informative touch, to try and dl your works.