YesNoOk

Saltyy's WIPs: CvS2 Strider (Read 86382 times)

Started by jay_ts, September 13, 2020, 08:58:01 pm
Share this topic:
Re: JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread : Ryo Sakazaki & Yuri Sakazaki
#41  October 08, 2020, 06:33:51 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I maked a separated Mugen only for put your chars, thanks to give us something new in these difficult days.
Re: JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread : Ryo Sakazaki
#42  October 11, 2020, 11:24:22 am
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen

I've been making decent progress on Ryo so far. I've gotten all of his basic normals, specials, and supers. Now there's room for me to add custom moves. This is still Normal Ryo, mind you, so I'm not doing anything for Mr. Karate II just yet. Right now, I'm just focusing on giving Ryo a move set to work with, so I can see what kind of unique spin I can give his game play. For example, Ko'oken will be a short ranged projectile like KOF '95. However, Karate II keeps the actual projectile Ko'oken. They both have their uses. EX Zanretsuken causes wall bounce, and the EX Moko Rajinsetsu causes a ground bounce. The move-set will surely be a challenge, yet I think I can get creative and give Ryo some cool combos and a fun game play. I think while I improved the look of Ichigeki Hissatsu (Ryo's big super punch), I still think there's more I can do with it to make the super impactful, considering it is a level 3, but as of now, I'm pretty satisfied with the progress I have made so far. Stay epic, gamers.
#43  October 12, 2020, 07:28:05 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Quick question, is he color separated. Because I see the other Ryo display his foot guards. If so, could put in the direction of how you obtain those particular sprite set.
#44  October 12, 2020, 07:32:26 am
    • USA
It’s a private CS I got from Ryu for now. It will be made available once I release Ryo altogether. I would recommend crediting Combos 4 Dayz for the CS work if you intend to use it, since they did the CS I’m using right now.
#45  October 12, 2020, 09:45:53 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
So he has the whole color separation. Gloves and foot guards,if so that would be very sweet to hear man. I look forward to playing your Ryo, if you need any private beta testing. Please hit me up, I love to test him out. Also, give my 2 cents if need be.
#46  October 12, 2020, 05:07:13 pm
    • USA

I've done all of Normal Ryo's supers. I still have a few things left to take care of with normal Ryo before I can move on to Mr. Karate II. But right now, these are normal Ryo's supers. He doesn't have much, and will obviously be much inferior to Karate II in terms of move set. This is the progress I'm at right now, so hopefully you like these supers, and also I do hope you will eventually like my take on Mr. Karate II.
#47  October 12, 2020, 09:30:22 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I think his fist should glow with small embers or just glow. Indecating his about to release the explosion, from his straight punch. It would look more defined, and natural. Just saying, looking smooth so far.
#48  October 12, 2020, 09:36:13 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I think the Robert Tag Team looks better as a Level 3, but neato.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#49  October 13, 2020, 11:10:37 pm
    • USA

this is just a showcase on where I'm at with Karate II. As you can see, he's very different from regular Ryo.
#50  October 14, 2020, 07:03:17 am
    • USA

For one of my next projects, I'll be updating a character that has been updated way too much. This DIO has a CS that has never been done this extensively thanks to Ryu from the Streets™ and RaZorbakk36, as they made the CS to this DIO. This DIO will hopefully be the final time I drastically update him, since he will have things like Tandem, and Stand mode. Now, I'm showing this CS because since it has never been released or done before, I'd be interested to see what palettes you all can come up for him. Of course I'll throw in my fair share of 12 but I'd be interested to see how others would make palettes for this new CS.

This is the CS palette of DIO. As you can see, he has a lot of different parts and colors to him. If any of you would like to make some DIO palettes using this CS, I would greatly appreciate it. Of course, I'm still working on Karate II and Ryo in general, but I wanted to bring this up since I'm nearly finished with Ryo.
That's all from me. I hope all of you viewing can take some time to make some DIO palettes if you want to. I'll promise you this will be the best CvS DIO (well it is because it's the only one), so these palettes will be put to good use. Stay epic everyone.
#51  October 14, 2020, 07:29:12 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
You will make this Dio in your style or CVS/POTS?
#52  October 14, 2020, 07:29:56 am
    • USA
Well the CvS version yes. I don’t do pots.
#53  October 14, 2020, 07:44:45 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Ah okay, but... In your style, right?
#54  October 14, 2020, 07:45:47 am
    • USA
Yes I will update my old DIO to fit my style of character that has been present in my more recent creations.
Re: JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread : Sagat & Young Joseph
#55  October 14, 2020, 08:34:28 am
[youtube]https://youtu.be/4uWZhfYv6Dw[/youtube]
Here's my WIP of Sagat. He is nowehere near done as you can see here. With M206's massive sprite collection I can do pretty much whatever I want in terms of making the character pop out more. I'm still experimenting his move set, however I have a good idea of all of his supers. His specials are still being fleshed out, and they don't even have EX versions. This is just to show you all big progress is being made, but not enough of it to be considered finished, so I'll get to that progress whenever I can. I know the many different moves M206 Sagat has, and I will take full advantage of the many sprites. Stay epic everyone.

I've just noticed you added particles after Tiger Cannon! I really love it! I'll add them in my sagat too, i think i'll add in every single projectiles, even tiger shots. ;)
Of course I'll give you credit for the sprites, anim, and code. ;) ;)
#56  October 14, 2020, 09:12:53 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
#57  October 14, 2020, 09:26:22 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Do your Ryo have a pal thread, already I didn’t see one. Man you work pretty fast, reminds me of Dw and jmorphan. When they first got started, I still think. Jmorphan is pots.lol
Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:51:52 pm by SOLIDUS SNAKE
Re: JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread : Scorpion
#58  November 03, 2020, 02:32:03 am
    • USA

So... I'm still on break, but I just wanted to drop a quick update.
KarmaCharmeleon, a good friend of mine, is currently making Haohmaru. She has said that her favorite SamSho game was 5 Special, and me, not knowing much about SamSho, inquired about this game. She said that I should give this game a try, and I did. Jokingly, I asked "Is there anyone who plays like Sagat?" and she unexpectedly gave me an answer, Ukyo Tachibana to be exact. I've heard of the name, but I never quite knew who he was. After Karma briefly explained to me why Ukyo is like Sagat, I tried out ssvsp and played Ukyo. She was not wrong. of course since I love Sagat's playstyle, I decided to have Ukyo be a planned character in the future. While I was at it, I just decided to make his palettes and small portrait and just leave it there. But yeah, I hope to make Ukyo in the future, as he will also be another cool SNK character I can make, and he will also be the first SamSho character I'll make as well, though I'm planning for his game play to resemble mainly 5 special, and throw in some elements that resemble CvS Haohmaru and Sagat in there while I'm at it. Stay epic.
Re: JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread : KOF Rugal
#59  November 13, 2020, 08:17:32 am
    • USA

I’m gonna try out making KOF chars.
First I’ll start out with Rugal. I have a good idea of what the plans will be for him, and the sort of system he will use.
This explains everything you need to know when it comes to the style Rugal will be:

=== KOF STYLE SYSTEMS ===

You are given two different modes to choose from at the start of a match.
These modes are STANDARD and ADVANCED. These two modes hold very different mechanics entirely,
and each character using this style capitalizes off of these systems in very different ways.

====================
===== STANDARD =====
====================

Description: Standard Mode is good for people learning this new style. Essentially, it has pretty
simple tools and mechanics that aren't too heavy in execution to master.

==========
Mechanics
==========

Dash -- Double tap forward and you do a quick hop step.

Roll -- Press A and C and you do a roll that evades all attacks, however you can
be thrown out of this roll.

Crushing Blow -- Press both B and D and you do a powerful attack that can link
into other attacks, however if blocked, this move is easily punishable.

Enhanced Specials -- Press 2 attack buttons instead of 1 when performing a special
to have an Enhanced Special. This move is generally more powerful than the regular
specials and has different properties. This move costs half a bar of meter.

Power Charge -- Hold A+B+C and you slowly begin to charge your power. It goes slow
in the beginning, but gets faster as you charge for longer.

MAX Super at 3 bars -- When you do a super with 2 attack buttons at full meter, you
perform a MAX super, which is a much more powerful version of the super you inputted for.

Tech Roll -- Press A and B when you are close to the ground and you perform a Tech Roll,
which helps you recover much quicker than before during a knockdown. By holding forward
or backward, you can change the direction you roll in. If you don't input a direction, it
defaults to a backwards roll.

Guard Counter -- Press both C and D when blocking and you perform a counter attack that will
hit the opponent. Since it's a counter, it's much more powerful than normal.

====================
===== ADVANCED =====
====================

Description: Advanced mode is for people who have learned this character to a fair degree, and this
mode awards their skill with buffs that capitalize on very key aspects of the fight. Instead of 3 bars,
Advanced mode simplifies it to 1 bar, so meter gaining is heavily increased.

==========
Mechanics
==========

Run -- Double tap and then hold forward to run. Let go of forward to stop running.

Dodge -- Press A and C and you will perform a quick dodge. You cannot be hit during this dodge, but you
can be thrown out of it. Press any attack button during the dodge, and you perform a Blowaway attack.

Increased Juggling -- Advanced Mode's main feature is the fact that it has advanced combos that can
deal a lot of damage in return for heavy execution. The juggle points are decreased, which allows for
much more combo creativity and variety.

Super Cancelling -- When performing a special, you can quickly perform a super command once the special
hits, and you will cancel into the super. This is a main part of Advanced mode's increased combo potential.

EX Mode -- When you have more than a full bar of eter, press A+B+C and you enter EX Mode. You get a
25% attack boost, and if you are lower than 25% health, then you can perform a MAX Super

Unlimited Lvl 1 Supers at Low Health -- When you are lower than 25% health, you can do as many
level 1 supers as you like, however these supers are nerfed slightly due to the fact that you can
access them for free, so these are like level 0.5 supers of you will. These supers no longer take
any meter, and once you've reached MAX mode, you can perform a MAX Super.

Stationary Tech -- Press A and B when you are close to the ground and you perform a Stationary Tech.
You'll recover much quicker, but you'll stand still.

Counter Movement -- Press both C and D when blocking and you perform a roll. By holding forward or backwards,
you can change which direction you roll. If you don't input anything, then it defaults to a forwards roll.
Re: JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread : KOF Rugal
#60  November 15, 2020, 05:00:46 am
interesting to see how you will be going with kof character  :truestory:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!