YesNoOk

Dcat's TMNT WIP Thread (Read 94047 times)

Started by Dcat, July 02, 2020, 04:53:24 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dcat's TMNT WIP Thread
#141  July 06, 2021, 09:35:04 am
    • Australia
#142  July 07, 2021, 11:04:10 am
Nice work so far. Only the walk sprites seems to be off compared to his stand animation. He shrinks a bit while walking. But that's just me seeing the other sprites are no problem.
#143  July 07, 2021, 04:11:08 pm
Is this still a collaboration wit Hannibal Royce or you finishing this up yourself?
#144  July 10, 2021, 11:00:50 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Happened to find some Splinter voice clips here and here, the former from the 2003 PS2 game and the latter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up.

Both sets of voice clips are mono and in WAV format, by the way.

Thanks for these! We'll be using them!

In the cartoon, Splinter always walked with a stick, will your character have stick hits/specials?

Sorry but I chose to omit his walking stick in the character. But there's a youtube user named Tortugas Ninja Argentina who's working on a Splinter with stick character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVP0WokrfPQ

Nice work so far. Only the walk sprites seems to be off compared to his stand animation. He shrinks a bit while walking. But that's just me seeing the other sprites are no problem.
I've been cleaning up some anims and improving some of the early sprites
>>>
OLD                  NEW

One thing I might recommend is making Splinter's snout a little longer and slightly droopy in side profiles like the bow, to keep him more "on model" and look a bit less like a dog. It's not a noticeable problem in most attacks, but for something like the bow, it would be a good opportunity to try and match it up.  Maybe tilt the ears back a bit too in the full standing position.
>>>

Is this still a collaboration wit Hannibal Royce or you finishing this up yourself?

This character is a fully collaborative effort on behalf of DJ Hannibal Royce and myself. We're working on it together the whole way through. He's currently working on updating the AI :D

I'm still looking for classic 1987 Splinter or CG Nickelodeon or Rise Of the TMNT voice clips now. Preferrably Monaural WAV Sound Clips. If any of you could recommend a free sound editing program to use that'd be great too.

Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 11:17:34 pm by Dcat
#145  July 11, 2021, 01:31:14 am
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
Happened to find some Splinter voice clips here and here, the former from the 2003 PS2 game and the latter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up.

Both sets of voice clips are mono and in WAV format, by the way.

That really is a great find!  I had no idea the first Konami game based off the 4Kids cartoon had been fully audio ripped!

Dcat, make sure you don't miss the Splinter voice clips that are interspersed in the game's "Story" folder.  It's a good source for additional clips for 4Kids era Turtles, April, Casey Jones, Shredder, and Baxter Stockman!
#146  July 11, 2021, 06:32:43 pm
    • Canada
    • https://discord.gg/vQkMnTZG7n
#147  July 20, 2021, 02:16:58 am
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Awesome job, wacho!
#148  July 21, 2021, 01:38:18 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
I've been tweaking and finetuning the gameplay and coding some new intros and winposes with the Turtles. Stay tuned
#149  July 21, 2021, 08:00:21 am
    • USA
#150  November 16, 2021, 01:22:50 am
    • USA
Hey Dcat, how you doing dude? How's the progress on Master Splinter and April O' Neil? Is it going well? By the way if you didn't know there is a upcoming TMNT game called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge" and April is a playable character. If your looking for move references this could be helpful. Also she apparently borrows some moves from characters in Street Fighter Alpha series. Here's the links for a visual understanding
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge trailer
https://youtu.be/4W6DV7sU9YI
April's Easter egg moves
https://youtu.be/dfzvVDVrOLk
God bless you dude and take care.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#151  December 01, 2021, 10:54:21 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
#152  December 02, 2021, 01:33:22 am
  • Snek Friend
    • USA
    • coffeeflavoredmilk.neocities.org/
There's also the recent Nick All-Star Brawl though I'm not sure if any of the moves from that game's Leo, Mikey, and April are completely new and 'exclusive' to that game let alone if they'd be worthy additions, at least in regards to April. The base TMNT aren't getting moveset changes I assume.
#153  December 29, 2021, 11:37:32 pm
    • Poland
#154  January 01, 2022, 04:09:25 am
    • USA
For whatever reason, my brain is trained to visit this thread late December expecting major news. Hope the new year finds you well, dcat!