YesNoOk

Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)  (Read 1541351 times)

Started by MDCGD, October 19, 2020, 02:27:55 am
Share this topic:
Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)
#1  October 19, 2020, 02:27:55 am
    • USA

Salutations. I'm here to reveal a project I've been working on solo for some time and I've done enough work that's presentable. This will be a full Marvel versus DC comics fighting game. Here are some of the details:

3d models designed by me ( minus a few props such as weapons and accessories that may have been borrowed from other games)
All original animations
All original Move concepts
Game mechanics similar to MVC and SF franchises
Skill System
Assist System
EX Attacks
Focus Attacks
Collision Battles
Super & Ultimate Attacks
etc.....

Here's a video of my first two characters I've created. The Flash and Doomsday. I decided these two being the first to work on so that I may build a balanced fighting system (having the fastest/weakest char vs the slowest/strongest char). If I can balance the two against each other I can balance everyone else in between. They are both roughly 90-95% done. Minor adjustments in coding and their ultimate attacks need to be created.

I have a couple other characters in the design phase with there alternate costumes (if we can get MugenHook to work 100% efficiently).

I hope to build a roster of 30+ characters. here's the list I have so far:

CHARACTER LIST

DC

Superman
Flash
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Batman
Cyborg
Doomsday
Lex Luther
Darkseid
Catwoman
Aquaman

Marvel

Hulk
Ironman
Spider-Man
Captain America
Wolverine
Pheonix
Storm
Thanos
Thor
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Magneto
Blade
Psyloke

Characters may come and go on and from this list.

I hope to utilize Mugen to its maximum ability and create a non-broken, non-compilation, legit, playable indie fighting game that many will enjoy.
One of my To-Do's on my bucket list  :sugoi:
Follow Twitter: @MVDCGD
Subscribe Youtube: MVDCGD
Re: Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)
#2  October 19, 2020, 03:52:30 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
It's looking pretty solid! One thing that stands out to me is the amount of screen shake in doomsday'a intro and outro. Maybe tone it down a bit overall instead of shaking the screen to emulate the power in force maybe take a simular route as Hulk from MVC and show the power in his animations. Looking good overall tho! I got my eyes on this!.

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#3  October 19, 2020, 09:42:33 am
    • Bulgaria
I love what i see Doomsday is a monster Flash looks like character from Halo very cool.
#4  October 19, 2020, 11:32:12 am
I've seen other 3d type characters have decent sprites but then the gameplay can be very janky and broken but your 3d characters look really smooth so bravo for that. I look forward to the release :-)
#5  October 19, 2020, 04:09:01 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#6  October 19, 2020, 07:23:31 pm
    • USA
just logged in to say this looks fucken amazing bro, goddamn the movement is great! the attackas and everything, so nice! no one has 3d characters like this.
#7  October 19, 2020, 11:57:50 pm
    • USA
@thanewdude07: It crossed my mind a few times because I noticed the amp of the shake distorts the view of the character. Since you pointed it out I took your advice. Thanks!

@blagoy: lol Halo Flash. Thanks.

@Renegade 128k: Thanks! I've been dabbling in animation for years but I used quarantine to sharpen my skills while studying MK11,SFV,MVC3,GG, and DBFZ animations on Youtube.

@Kamui_Kanjai: I'll eventually throw him on the list once I visualize his moveset. DC needs villains on that list anyway.

@airforce111: Appreciate it!
#8  October 20, 2020, 07:10:05 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
Interesting! I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and that's a pretty solid starting roster. Looking foward to see more news of this project.
#9  October 20, 2020, 10:32:50 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
@thanewdude07: It crossed my mind a few times because I noticed the amp of the shake distorts the view of the character. Since you pointed it out I took your advice. Thanks!

Awesome man! Glad to help! Looking forward to your progress!

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

#10  October 22, 2020, 12:33:09 am
    • USA
This looks really nice, and maybe I'm just weird, but I'd suggest cutting some frames to punch up the motion. A little jerkiness can be really effective to sell speed and impact. If you've any 2D artistic talent, maybe a little bit of motion smear applied in the right places (especially for someone like Flash) would go a long way.

Looks extremely promising, either way, and it'll be cool to see what's next. :)
#11  October 22, 2020, 01:20:26 am
    • USA
This looks really nice, and maybe I'm just weird, but I'd suggest cutting some frames to punch up the motion. A little jerkiness can be really effective to sell speed and impact. If you've any 2D artistic talent, maybe a little bit of motion smear applied in the right places (especially for someone like Flash) would go a long way.

Looks extremely promising, either way, and it'll be cool to see what's next. :)

I've actually did quite some cutting already. I originally was going for an MK-ish feel. I had it at 60fps(1tick per frame) But the amount of frames was too much for Mugen to load (specifically for doomsday, being he's a huge character). Now I'm at 30fps(using 2ticks per frame with 1ticks here and there to adjust the speed for the "jerkiness" your referring to). Plus watching how Arc System animated GG and DBFZ helped me make more adjustments. I feel like I found a happy blend between NetherRealm, Capcom and Arc animation style. I'm always tweaking it though.

I did plan on adding motion blur in the final version of each character. Thanks.
#12  October 24, 2020, 08:37:29 pm
    • USA
Next WIP Storm. Here's a preview of her stance.

Wakanda Themed outfit. Will have signature outfits for as well.
#13  October 25, 2020, 12:55:41 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
Damn!
This is solid work here.
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#14  October 25, 2020, 06:09:23 pm
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
excelent animations and great storm concept man
#15  October 30, 2020, 06:42:30 pm
    • USA
@c00p && @GDPenguin Thanks!

Been on my mind for a while so I took a quick break from Storm to pose Superman's stance. Trying to pick between the two. Hovering or grounded?
Also not sure if I want to implement a "flight" system. If I were to do so, then I'd use both (one for flight and one for grounded). Pondering  :???:

Opinions?
#16  October 30, 2020, 07:07:05 pm
    • USA
me personally i liked how injustice did it (hover as normal stance and walking/hurt)
#17  October 30, 2020, 08:11:15 pm
    • USA
me personally i liked how injustice did it (hover as normal stance and walking/hurt)

which is why I wanted to do something different, but yea the hover is cool. MKvDC's Superman's stance was grounded but it was trash (all their idle animations were).

And fyi, his hurt animations are grounded in injustice. Just the stance and movements hover.
Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 10:35:21 pm by MDCGD
#18  October 30, 2020, 10:33:47 pm
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
Awesome so far! :) Good continuation with the project!
#19  October 30, 2020, 10:45:49 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA

Been on my mind for a while so I took a quick break from Storm to pose Superman's stance. Trying to pick between the two. Hovering or grounded?
Also not sure if I want to implement a "flight" system. If I were to do so, then I'd use both (one for flight and one for grounded). Pondering  :???:

Opinions?

I like the grounded more! It seems a bit more dynamic than the floating one fighting stance wise. The other works a flight stance for the float mechanic but as a main stance I would go for the grounded one.

#20  October 31, 2020, 12:29:14 am
    • USA
I like the grounded more! It seems a bit more dynamic than the floating one fighting stance wise. The other works a flight stance for the float mechanic but as a main stance I would go for the grounded one.

My thoughts exactly. So, let me ask you this, should I use a "grounded" stance for ALL of my characters that possess flight (like Storm as you can see is floating) and using floating animation as a situational thing (i.e. flight system, or special attack, etc)?
#21  October 31, 2020, 06:58:28 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
I mean you can if you want too. But it's more uqinue to mix em up IMO.

#22  October 31, 2020, 03:49:00 pm
    • USA
I mean you can if you want too. But it's more unique to mix em up IMO.

Yea that's what I intended. But for him specifically I'd like to go with the ground idle and have him hover while moving. Thanks. I appreciate your opinions!
#23  October 31, 2020, 08:38:34 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
No problem! It's always good to have someone to bounce ideas off of! Looking forward to your progress!

#24  November 02, 2020, 06:58:32 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
This is looking super exciting!
I'm a sucker for everything Marvel fighting game related lol, and DC is alright, so a crossover between them are of course sparking interest.

Here are a few questions I'd like to ask if that's fine;

DC Side;

- I see Lex Luthor, which edition are you going for with his mech? The bigger mech suit, or the thinner more Iron Man approach?

- Which of the Green Lantern's will be used? I know there are tons to pick from. Hal Jordan is usually the standard, but both John Stewart and Kyle are great choices too, even Guy Gardner, but perhaps not the most recognizable.

- Have you landed on which design for Catwoman you are going to use? And what gamestyle are you leaning towards? A more hand to hand combat aproach with agility, or more extensive reach with tons of whiplash focused moves?

- For Aquaman, are you going the classic approach with blondie? Or the modern Jason Mamoa appearance? Seeing you got both him and Thor, I'd love to see a more JM approach with his design being the most epic rivalry for Hemsworth blondie Thor IMHO.

- I saw someone reacting to no Joker and you have already adressed him. If for the future, or any reason you would ask for ideas, inspiration or anything, my suggestions to look into when it comes to DC Comics would be; Ra's Al Ghul for his badass sword fight, and great hand to hand assassin style. Poison Ivy with her interesting flower usage and poisionous effects. Atrocitus from the Red Lantern Corps, making a fierce and unstable rage user which you can do a lot of different creative moves with.

Honorable mentions; Nightwing, Black Cannary, Vixen.

Marvel side;

- With Phoenix, are you thinking of adding any "Dark Phoenix" effects into her gameplay?

- With Thanos, are you going to go the Capcom route for the moves entirely, or are you also going to implement some weapon usage from the MCU side? Also, is he just going to be a regular playable, or also eventually a boss?

- I see you got Blade here, probably my most excited choice, because he has not been done in an official fighting game yet. Therefore I'm super curious to know what direction you are visioning him. Is he going to be sword-heavy? Will there be tons of gun usage for specials and hypers? Any vampyric effects like a rage mode or something?

- Also as with DC I'll leave 3 other suggestions. Enchantress from the Thor comics. While one could go with Scarlet Witch too, I believe that Enchantress would make a great female villain that would work well into the series, good rival to Strange, and would also manage to take some inspirations from Raven of the DC side. Man-Thing is next, and is one of the craziest guardian characters in the supernatural side of Marvel comics. You got Blade and Dr. Strange, so Man-Thing would be a great addition, being a tricky bruicier monster, could use some of DC's Swamp-Thing's moves from Injustice 2 as inspiration too and checks that off. Dr. Octopus or Omega-Red, both using exstensive arms for different purposes and would be interesting characters of unique structure for a crossover like this. Might be difficult to create, but would at least be very recognizable and strong moveset potential.

Honorable mentions; Ghost Rider, Shang Chi and Toad.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#25  November 03, 2020, 11:35:28 pm
    • USA
@The Street Fighter

DC Side;

- I see Lex Luthor, which edition are you going for with his mech? The bigger mech suit, or the thinner more Iron Man approach?

- Which of the Green Lantern's will be used? I know there are tons to pick from. Hal Jordan is usually the standard, but both John Stewart and Kyle are great choices too, even Guy Gardner, but perhaps not the most recognizable.

- Have you landed on which design for Catwoman you are going to use? And what gamestyle are you leaning towards? A more hand to hand combat approach with agility, or more extensive reach with tons of whiplash focused moves?

- For Aquaman, are you going the classic approach with blondie? Or the modern Jason Mamoa appearance? Seeing you got both him and Thor, I'd love to see a more JM approach with his design being the most epic rivalry for Hemsworth blondie Thor IMHO.

Catwoman will have a mix of both close and range attacks. As far as designs are concerned, each character will have 2-4 outfit variations (so you'll be seeing John Stewart and Hal Jordan). I chose this method instead of different palettes because its actually easier for me to design different outfits than doing color separation on 255 colors and 3000+ animation frames  :S. (I'm hoping by the time I'm done with this project, MugenHook will be 100%)

- I saw someone reacting to no Joker and you have already addressed him. If for the future, or any reason you would ask for ideas, inspiration or anything, my suggestions to look into when it comes to DC Comics would be; Ra's Al Ghul for his badass sword fight, and great hand to hand assassin style. Poison Ivy with her interesting flower usage and poisonous effects. Atrocitus from the Red Lantern Corps, making a fierce and unstable rage user which you can do a lot of different creative moves with.

Honorable mentions; Nightwing, Black Cannary, Vixen.

All good mentions and characters I've already been contemplating on. As for Nightwing, I was planning on possibly making him and two other side kicks "assists" for Batman, which is why Robin or Batgirl aren't on the roster. I'm still deciding who will be the assists. So many to chose from. Might have to make it 4 instead of 3.

Marvel side;

- With Phoenix, are you thinking of adding any "Dark Phoenix" effects into her gameplay?

She'll have a dark phoenix transformation as her skill. It will work the same way as Hulk's Rage.

- With Thanos, are you going to go the Capcom route for the moves entirely, or are you also going to implement some weapon usage from the MCU side? Also, is he just going to be a regular playable, or also eventually a boss?

I was thinking of incorporating some type of summon where he materializes the blade and armor from the MCU. Not sure if it will be a transformation or just a Super.

- I see you got Blade here, probably my most excited choice, because he has not been done in an official fighting game yet. Therefore I'm super curious to know what direction you are visioning him. Is he going to be sword-heavy? Will there be tons of gun usage for specials and hypers? Any vampiric effects like a rage mode or something?

Like Catwoman, every character will display a mix of all their abilities. I plan a lot of gun & sword mix-ups (Similar to MVC3's Dante). He's one of my favorite choices as well because he has yet to be represented in a FG. Never thought of the rage thing for him. That's a good idea because I want every character to have a Skill ability (like flash's speed force and Doomsday's adapt which I haven't done yet). I was (obviously) going to give Hulk the rage skill. Now I have to think of how I can make Blade's skill different. hmmmm

- Also as with DC I'll leave 3 other suggestions. Enchantress from the Thor comics. While one could go with Scarlet Witch too, I believe that Enchantress would make a great female villain that would work well into the series, good rival to Strange, and would also manage to take some inspirations from Raven of the DC side. Man-Thing is next, and is one of the craziest guardian characters in the supernatural side of Marvel comics. You got Blade and Dr. Strange, so Man-Thing would be a great addition, being a tricky bruicier monster, could use some of DC's Swamp-Thing's moves from Injustice 2 as inspiration too and checks that off. Dr. Octopus or Omega-Red, both using extensive arms for different purposes and would be interesting characters of unique structure for a crossover like this. Might be difficult to create, but would at least be very recognizable and strong moveset potential.

Honorable mentions; Ghost Rider, Shang Chi and Toad.

Thought about Enchantress after seeing Suicide Squad movie.
Man-Thing? hmmm...challenging..yes...but that's what makes it great.
Dr. Oct?....meh, but I like Omega Red, even though Dr. Oct hasn't been represented in a FG yet. hmmmm....
Ghost Rider was already a thought of mine.
Shang Chi...hmmm....could allow me to animate some cool Kung Fu moves. Nice rival for Batman.
Toad....after that first X-Men movie...nahh lol. I thought about the Lizard though.

Thanks guys. comments like this sparks my imagination and keeps me motivated. More suggestions and ideas always welcome!
#26  November 04, 2020, 03:49:16 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Thanks for taking the time to adress some of the things mentioned.
I'll continue and respond to this as it's pretty cool visions.

1. Glad to hear about Catwoman, it makes a lot of sense, so that's good.
2. Interesting to hear about the costume variations rather than pals.
I don't know how you work, but if that's the easiest choice, then that's great for representation!

3. Did not know about the assist types either, must have scrolled a bit too fast the first time lol, perhaps in the end of this post I'll try to come up with some assist ideas for already discussed and confirmed characters.

4. That's great, the different abilities of the characters does make them stand out, and it's a must in that case, since you go with the Phoenix iteration rather than Jean Grey.
5. The Thanos idea sounds really good to me.

6. Happy to hear about the ideas for Blade. An idea I was thinking is that you could go two ways with this ability;
6a) His vampyric side craves hunger and a meter will build for each attack Blade lands in a duration of time, that could be unleashed if the limit was met.
6b) His senses sharpens, kind of like Spidey-Senses, where it will create slow motion during some attacks giving a limited time advantage for Blade.

7. Glad to hear that you see Man-Thing that way. I believe there are tons of ways to make Man-Thing a dangerous foe.
I have not seen Suicide Squad, so I do not know about DC's Enchantress on screen, but felt it could be a nice way for the Marvel side.
Yes, I did not fully know if I should mention Doc-Oc, but I thought Omega-Red alone sounded a bit obscure, but now I'm glad I did, since he was my initial choice.
I believe Iron Fist is overdone, and that's why I picked Shang Chi, plus of the film, and kung-fu moves within the game, which could be fun.
Lizard sounds like a fun edition, for sure. Tons of his assists could be different lizard monsters.

Time for assist ideas.
I don't know if it only needs to be heroes paired with other heroes or with their foes, or something. But I'll see. Just a few super quick shoutouts.

DC Side -

Superman;
- Steel.
- Super Girl.
- Bizarro.

Flash;
- Kid Flash.
- Green Arrow.
- Professor Zoom.

Wonder Woman;
- Cheetah.

Green Lantern;
- Kilowog.
- Sinestro.

Batman;
- Robin.
- Batwoman.
- Detective James Gordon.

Cyborg;
- Beastboy.
- Raven.
- Starfire.

Lex Luthor;
- Metallo.

Darkseid;
- Despero?

Catwoman;
- Poison Ivy.

Aquaman;
- Mera.
- Aqua-Lad.
- Ocean Master.

Marvel side -

Hulk;
- She-Hulk.
- Skaar.
- Thunderbolt Ross/Red Hulk.

Ironman;
- Rescue/Pepper Pots.
- War Machine.
- Ironheart?

Spider-Man;
- Black Cat.
- Agent Venom.
- Daredevil.

Captain America;
- Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier.
- Black Widow.
- Patriot.

Wolverine;
- X-23.
- Sabertooth.
- Daken?

Phoenix;
- Cyclops.
- Hope Summers.
- Cable.

Storm;
- Beast.
- Colossus.
- Nightcrawler.

Thanos;
- Ebony Maw.
- Proxima Midnight.
- Lady Death?

Thor;
- Loki.
- Thor/Jane Fosters edition.
- Beta Ray Bill.

Dr. Strange;
- Wong.
- Brother Voodoo.
- Karl Mordo or Dormammu.

Black Panther;
- Okoye.
- Killmonger.
- Man-Ape/M'Baku.

Captain Marvel;
- Kamala Khan/Miss Marvel.
- Monica Rambeau.

Magneto;
- Mystique.
- Pyro.
- Quicksilver.

Blade;
- Morbius.
- Frank Drake.

Psylocke;
- Rogue.
- Captain Britain.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#27  November 04, 2020, 09:07:46 pm
    • USA
@The Street Fighter
Not everyone will have assist. Only certain characters; generally lower tier. i.e. I gave Batman assists to balance out the game because he has no powers. Hulk? come on man, HULK NO NEED ASSISTS!! (Hulk voice) :llama:
#28  November 20, 2020, 10:49:17 am
    • USA
Ororo's almost here!

Plus, made changes to Clark's color scheme. I think it's fly (pun intended). :nuttrox:
#29  November 20, 2020, 10:39:15 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome! Storm is an epic character. Will there be a lot of similarity of her moves from the MVC games? Sorry if it's already been answered. Just started not too long ago to use her in the games.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#30  November 21, 2020, 03:56:17 am
    • USA
Awesome! Storm is an epic character. Will there be a lot of similarity of her moves from the MVC games? Sorry if it's already been answered. Just started not too long ago to use her in the games.

She has 2 core specials, (lightning sphere and whirlwind/typhoon) but the rest of her are new ideas. Plus her EX meter allows for special attack variations.
#31  December 01, 2020, 12:15:26 am
    • Indonesia
First of all, MAN I LOVE THIS!

Opinions?

Regarding hovering or grounded, I'd say you can mix them both. But instead of grounded while idle and hovering while moving around, you can instead make him hovering while in full to half health and grounded while in below half health. This can apply to all characters, tho. So, they all have 2 stances, while they're fit and while they're "tired"
#32  December 01, 2020, 03:36:01 am
    • USA
First of all, MAN I LOVE THIS!

Opinions?

Regarding hovering or grounded, I'd say you can mix them both. But instead of grounded while idle and hovering while moving around, you can instead make him hovering while in full to half health and grounded while in below half health. This can apply to all characters, tho. So, they all have 2 stances, while they're fit and while they're "tired"

Thanks!

ahhhh...I did think about using "hurt" stances in the game but I never thought about using the hovering in that manner. Only thing with that is I'd have to basically make 2 sets of characters because at the end of most animation the character recovers into their stance. some animations even start from the stance as well. So I'd have to make 2 set of animations (GH,movement,attack,special,etc) for good health and another set for hurt. That's double the work. And I'm not sure but its possible that some of my characters may have a transformation. 1) I'm doing this solo I don't have the time to create extra work 2)using 3d animation takes up a lot of frames already, I've had to start my characters over like 10 times because of file size. I'm trying to keep frames down to a minimum.
Now, I could just ignore that and Just do the "hurt" animation by itself but then the other animations (i.e. a simple light punch) won't transition into the hurt animation smoothly, and I'm a stickler for detail, so.....idk

and to everyone, Here's a little taste of Ororo
Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 05:24:57 am by MDCGD
#33  December 01, 2020, 10:08:02 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
pretty good moves... keep it up
#34  December 03, 2020, 09:50:38 pm
This is impressive, not often you see 3D Mugen stuff, everything looks fairly well animated, too.
#35  December 12, 2020, 05:33:06 pm
    • USA
@Anderson && Zeta Thanks.

:muttrox: :muttrox: :muttrox:

#36  December 21, 2020, 06:24:44 pm
    • USA
I really like Flash’s design here, liking the masked look concealing his face. Kinda evokes Kamen Rider here. I have a few suggestions for characters:

* Blackfire
* Terra
* Serpentina

A lot of very underused characters who deserve a chance at playability.
#37  January 10, 2021, 02:43:02 am
    • USA
I really like Flash’s design here, liking the masked look concealing his face. Kinda evokes Kamen Rider here. I have a few suggestions for characters:

* Blackfire
* Terra
* Serpentina

A lot of very underused characters who deserve a chance at playability.

Thanks. I'm still working on alternate outfits for him, along with everyone else.

I know Terra from watching Teen Titans way back when....don't know the other two...got to do research.

update on the project
...fixed some coding bugs
....currently reworking mechanics and animations. Visually snappier attacks, steering away from the MK styled animation and leaning more on the SFV/MVC attack animation speed.

added Dizzy Stun probability that only applies to certain attacks.
Added random to Doomsday's Super Armor to balance him even further
Added a Supermove Icon similar to MVC
Added a Skill attribute for EX MAX meter feature. So when you're Meter is Maxed, each character will activate a skill that stays active as long as you remain maxed (i.e. Superman has health regen, Flash has 50% chance of auto Parry while in state0,etc.) This will add a level of strategy to your gameplay, deciding if you want to use your EX attacks or remain maxed to keep skill activated.
Changed Flash's Stance plus added one during EX Maxed out.

Old

New

EX Max

:muttrox:

#38  March 21, 2021, 12:02:26 am
    • USA
UPDATE: Flash, Doomsday,  Superman, and Storm gameplay! 99.9% completion.

Next up!

(not actual size of course)
#39  March 21, 2021, 12:34:26 am
  • Michael Romance
  • I wish you peace!
    • Brazil
very cool. Superman, Storm and Flash are the most cool! WonderWoman and Hulk are great aditions! Maybe one day i will sprite hulk for mugen and your Hulk can become a great base.
#40  April 02, 2021, 12:11:55 am
    • USA
very cool. Superman, Storm and Flash are the most cool! WonderWoman and Hulk are great aditions! Maybe one day i will sprite hulk for mugen and your Hulk can become a great base.

Thanks!But why would you need to sprite my character if he's already made though?
#41  April 02, 2021, 01:35:11 pm
  • Michael Romance
  • I wish you peace!
    • Brazil
Because the style of sprite I'm looking for is the z2. However, this will be at least 5 years from now.
#42  April 02, 2021, 05:36:56 pm
    • USA
#43  April 19, 2021, 06:00:12 am
    • USA
Hey MDCGD have you thought about adding special intros or interactions with the characters in the roster?
Like the Hulk and Doomsday wrestling with each other in a similar manner to the special intro between Zangief and Raiden in Capcom vs SNK 2 or where Flash challenges Superman to a race, referencing their previous match ups in comics before the round starts.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#44  April 20, 2021, 02:53:11 am
    • USA
Hey MDCGD have you thought about adding special intros or interactions with the characters in the roster?
Like the Hulk and Doomsday wrestling with each other in a similar manner to the special intro between Zangief and Raiden in Capcom vs SNK 2 or where Flash challenges Superman to a race, referencing their previous match ups in comics before the round starts.

yessir! I have.
#45  April 20, 2021, 06:48:32 am
    • USA
That's cool. Do you have ideas already planned out or are they still in the rough phase? Also do you mind if I share some special intros ideas made from the roster you have planned?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#46  April 20, 2021, 07:47:50 am
    • USA
That's cool. Do you have ideas already planned out or are they still in the rough phase? Also do you mind if I share some special intros ideas made from the roster you have planned?

Not fully fleshed out, yet. Besides, the Doomsday/Hulk scenario which was an obvious choice. I'd like to wait until I have more of my roster done before I start working on special intros.
Shoot me a DM with your ideas.
#47  April 20, 2021, 03:50:05 pm
    • USA
Ok sounds cool. Where can I DM you specifically? By the way how are you doing and how is the project going so far?
Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:53:37 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#48  April 22, 2021, 12:57:13 am
    • USA
Ok sounds cool. Where can I DM you specifically? By the way how are you doing and how is the project going so far?

Click my username and send me a message. I'm good the project is cool, just trying to work out a little issue with file size.
#49  April 22, 2021, 03:25:31 am
    • USA
Ok. Sounds good. I'll send a message to you when the I have enough posts, cause I don't think I'm allowed to at the moment. By the way what's the file size issue? And how is the progress of Hulk and Wonder Woman going so far?
#50  April 22, 2021, 10:47:24 pm
    • USA
Ok. Sounds good. I'll send a message to you when the I have enough posts, cause I don't think I'm allowed to at the moment. By the way what's the file size issue? And how is the progress of Hulk and Wonder Woman going so far?

Mugen sometimes freezes because of the SFF file size. I'm using HD resolution characters. This is happening mainly with Doomsday, since he is the biggest character I can only assume this issue will continue with my other big characters (hulk,Thanos,Darkseid,etc). Its a combination of PCX file size and how many frames I'm using per animation. I feel like I have a decent processor my laptop is only about 6 years old.

I can't continue with Wonder Woman and Hulk until I solve this issue. Because I want to create outfit swaps which will increase the file size even MORE.
#51  April 23, 2021, 03:50:38 pm
    • USA
Man, that heavy. Have you talked to anyone on  Mugenguild on this issue? Someone could possible have a solution to this. Also what outfits have you thought about including?
#52  April 23, 2021, 07:46:57 pm
    • USA
Man, that heavy. Have you talked to anyone on  Mugenguild on this issue? Someone could possible have a solution to this. Also what outfits have you thought about including?

I have on discord. I've found a solution. I'm sacrificing the resolution size of each sprite by 50% that will reduce the file size enough.

I'll be losing some detail but it will stop crashing.

As far as outfits is concerned...I'd say 50% will be original and 50% classics. I'm looking at about 3 or 4 per character.
Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 08:04:10 am by MDCGD
#53  April 25, 2021, 06:59:28 am
    • USA
That's cool you found the solution dude. By the way what where the inspirations behind your designs for the cast, cause the Flash's design reminds me of his Earth Two design, which is pretty cool. Also there is a typo with the word "ebough".
#54  April 25, 2021, 08:19:31 am
    • USA
That's cool you found the solution dude. By the way what where the inspirations behind your designs for the cast, cause the Flash's design reminds me of his Earth Two design, which is pretty cool. Also there is a typo with the word "ebough".

I didn't really have an inspiration for that flash design. The movie's "armor" style is the closest I can think of to it but I wanted something more sleek and stylish. The movie's outfit was really his first suit in the movie so it was suppose to be prototype-ish. I was just thinking of something realistic. Say, if Iron-man and Lucius Fox designed the suit for him.
#55  April 25, 2021, 09:27:21 am
    • USA
That cool. The sleek armour is a nice design choice and an interesting twist on The Flash's usual spandex outfit. So where do you get most of your inspirations for the designs? Do you take ideas from multiple sources, like the comics, cartoons, movies or something else entirely?
Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 09:31:03 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#56  April 26, 2021, 10:09:34 am
    • USA
That cool. The sleek armour is a nice design choice and an interesting twist on The Flash's usual spandex outfit. So where do you get most of your inspirations for the designs? Do you take ideas from multiple sources, like the comics, cartoons, movies or something else entirely?

I use comics,cartoons, movies, and other games to make sure my new designs fit the character's style and personality.

#57  April 26, 2021, 03:26:50 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil

I have on discord. I've found a solution. I'm sacrificing the resolution size of each sprite by 50% that will reduce the file size enough.

As far as outfits is concerned...I'd say 50% will be original and 50% classics. I'm looking at about 3 or 4 per character.

When add sprites to ff always mark "cut after axis"
In this style no color need more than 16 shades.. so. Use one line for each color.
Render it in magenta, yellow, blue, green, cyan, and other colors like that, as "mask colors" i call this process "palete zero" it will turn easy to create paletes, every char in mugen had at least 6. Rendering on his color 1 will give issues when try to create new colors.
If you reduce the color amount the file size will several reduce too.
Atack animations really don't need to be 60 or 30 fps... 24 fps is pretty ok for a hd char. The coding axis will put his magic on it. And will seems cool in action
Also, about size, thats no reason to a sprite be bigger than a blazblue sprite. This will work properly only in full hd monitors. People with 768* vertical pixels or 1024* no will see diference.
A marvel vs capcom 3 inspired, or guilty gear xrd inspired shader can help on color amount reduction too.
Good luck with your project... This is getting cool.
#58  April 28, 2021, 01:02:32 pm
    • USA

When add sprites to ff always mark "cut after axis"
In this style no color need more than 16 shades.. so. Use one line for each color.
Render it in magenta, yellow, blue, green, cyan, and other colors like that, as "mask colors" i call this process "palete zero" it will turn easy to create paletes, every char in mugen had at least 6. Rendering on his color 1 will give issues when try to create new colors.
If you reduce the color amount the file size will several reduce too.
Atack animations really don't need to be 60 or 30 fps... 24 fps is pretty ok for a hd char. The coding axis will put his magic on it. And will seems cool in action
Also, about size, thats no reason to a sprite be bigger than a blazblue sprite. This will work properly only in full hd monitors. People with 768* vertical pixels or 1024* no will see diference.
A marvel vs capcom 3 inspired, or guilty gear xrd inspired shader can help on color amount reduction too.
Good luck with your project... This is getting cool.

How do I select magenta, yellow, blue, green, cyan for my render?
 I personally feel that my character sprites looks its best when I use 255 colors. I don't want to reduce it.
Making other palettes is my main problem because of this. A lot of the colors tend to "bleed" into other colors (particularly when I use motion blur) and I do not wish to color separate 3000+ frames.
#59  April 28, 2021, 03:33:19 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
This black lines in flash are preventing you to receive oranges, between red and yellow. But the gray amount is insane. I think 16 colors for each red.  16 for yellows. 8 blacks and 8 whites is suficient to mimic something like marvel vs capcom 3 comic shader

Just turn of antialiasing.
Use flat colors (let the light, shadow setings work to give tones)
And use mask colors (true red 255.000.000)
True yellow(255.255.000)
And always like it.
Pick the lightest shade of red after rendering 1 frame.
Also... The darkest shade of red too

In ff select a entire row... Click gradient tool.. and create a 16 colors gradient between the 2 reds

Make a row for each color...
You can try 2 or 3 rows if you think you need...

This palete will be your palete zero
That no apears on the game.. just for developers
Also... Keep in mind, the moment to separate every parts
Is before render anything, theres no point on using blender, than manual edit renders. It must be perfect separated before render.
Btw for flash motion blur. You can create a new flash.. with transparent parts of boddy. And render the effect separated only with yellow and red parts... Will be cool
#60  April 28, 2021, 07:19:30 pm
    • USA
This black lines in flash are preventing you to receive oranges, between red and yellow. But the gray amount is insane. I think 16 colors for each red.  16 for yellows. 8 blacks and 8 whites is suficient to mimic something like marvel vs capcom 3 comic shader

Just turn of antialiasing.
Use flat colors (let the light, shadow setings work to give tones)
And use mask colors (true red 255.000.000)
True yellow(255.255.000)
And always like it.
Pick the lightest shade of red after rendering 1 frame.
Also... The darkest shade of red too

In ff select a entire row... Click gradient tool.. and create a 16 colors gradient between the 2 reds

Make a row for each color...
You can try 2 or 3 rows if you think you need...

This palete will be your palete zero
That no apears on the game.. just for developers
Also... Keep in mind, the moment to separate every parts
Is before render anything, theres no point on using blender, than manual edit renders. It must be perfect separated before render.
Btw for flash motion blur. You can create a new flash.. with transparent parts of boddy. And render the effect separated only with yellow and red parts... Will be cool

This is the reason I use anti-alias. I discover this problem with Storm. Because her outfit has small details, these details aren't clearly distinguishable without anti-alias.

The motion blur is not just for the Flash. Its to help enhance the animations transition between frames so that it may appear more smooth with less frames. Yes I know I can make a separate render but I'm trying to lessen the sff file size remember?

And my mesh have texture so how would I pick the colors before my render?
Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 07:30:30 pm by MDCGD
#61  April 28, 2021, 08:45:46 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
This is eevee, cycles or workbench ?
I no had this issues on cycles. Just turn the aa pass to 1 on rendering tab setings. Pm me flash on stand pose if you want. On a .blend file... I can take a look if you want.
#62  May 01, 2021, 08:52:36 pm
    • USA
Messing with Palettes for the Flash.

in order from top left to right, then bottom left to right:

Normal, Black Flash, Green Ranger
Reverse Flash, Battle Worn, ???

What you think?
#63  May 01, 2021, 10:18:09 pm
    • USA
I think the palettes are pretty cool. The Reverse Flash palette is my favorite one. For the blue and yellow palette I think you could change the yellow highlights to white and have the palette be a reference to either The Blue Lantern of Hope Flash from "Blackest Night" event or Future Flash of the New 52 Flash story "Flash Out Of Time".
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/341851427938006642/ Future Flash
https://images.app.goo.gl/4CeotrgiRxfmo7ED6 Blue Lantern Flash
Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:29:48 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#64  May 02, 2021, 09:03:21 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
For some strange reason he reminds me of the japanese wrestler Jushin Thunder Liger, maybe because of his body proportions.
#65  May 03, 2021, 12:40:49 pm
    • USA
I think the palettes are pretty cool. The Reverse Flash palette is my favorite one. For the blue and yellow palette I think you could change the yellow highlights to white and have the palette be a reference to either The Blue Lantern of Hope Flash from "Blackest Night" event or Future Flash of the New 52 Flash story "Flash Out Of Time".
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/341851427938006642/ Future Flash
https://images.app.goo.gl/4CeotrgiRxfmo7ED6 Blue Lantern Flash

Good Idea. I wasn't to sure what to do with the yellow part you could probably tell lol.

btw messed with the Reverse flash palette

This shade of yellow is actually more close to RF but I like the golden look. What do you think?

@Noside Never heard of him. Had to look him up and I see the resemblance here and there.
#66  May 03, 2021, 01:27:34 pm
    • USA
Thanks bro. The yellow palette is nice and more closer to what Reverse Flash looks like, but I'm with you on the golden palette looking better. The gold is easier on the eyes and sometimes the Reverse Flash is depicted with a darker shade of yellow.
Injustice 2 Flash
https://injustice.fandom.com/wiki/Reverse_Flash

Also a palette based on the color scheme of Jushin Thunder Light would be pretty interesting.
#67  May 04, 2021, 04:33:52 am
    • USA
Thanks bro. The yellow palette is nice and more closer to what Reverse Flash looks like, but I'm with you on the golden palette looking better. The gold is easier on the eyes and sometimes the Reverse Flash is depicted with a darker shade of yellow.
Injustice 2 Flash
https://injustice.fandom.com/wiki/Reverse_Flash

Also a palette based on the color scheme of Jushin Thunder Light would be pretty interesting.

I might try that Jushin color scheme.

Redid my palettes. Threw in that Future Flash as per your suggestion. I'm Feeling all of them right now.  :bjugoi:
#68  May 04, 2021, 05:08:22 am
    • USA
Thank you for considering my suggestion dude. All of the palettes are looking pretty good. Also if you don't mind me asking, did you hire voice actors to do the characters voices or do you use voice clips from other games?
#69  May 04, 2021, 06:15:08 am
    • USA
Thank you for considering my suggestion dude. All of the palettes are looking pretty good. Also if you don't mind me asking, did you hire voice actors to do the characters voices or do you use voice clips from other games?

Nah I used voices from other games. But I do plan on making the music. Having voice actors would be cool because then I can do special intros having Marvel and DC characters converse and have DC characters announce their special moves like Marvel characters do.
Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:42:15 am by MDCGD
#70  May 06, 2021, 04:23:25 am
    • USA
That's cool dude. What type of genre is the music gonna be? Is it gonna be cps2/cps3 inspired type like the music done by WizzyWhipTheWonderful, a more modern take like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Injustice or something uniquely tailored to a style that you prefer?
Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 01:32:15 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#71  May 07, 2021, 04:03:18 pm
    • USA
That's cool dude. What type of genre is the music gonna be? Is it gonna be cps2/cps3 inspired type like the music done by WizzyWhipTheWonderful, a more modern take like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Injustice or something uniquely tailored to a style that you prefer?

Haven't gone that far in thought. Don't know who Wizzy is, but my main focus is character development, then stages and screen pack, and music lastly.
#72  May 11, 2021, 04:13:20 pm
    • USA
Hey MVDCGD, how are you doing? Are you still working on the palettes or something else entirely?
Hey MVDCGD, how are you doing? Are you still working on the palettes or something else entirely?
Also if your wondering who Wizzy is, he is a freelance composer who makes music based in the Capcom Play System(CPS2/CPS3). Here's some of his music so you can hear what sounds like
Character Select 16(Extended)
https://youtu.be/ofvs3H_l7Kg
90s Spiderman
https://youtu.be/oUf_AoGDGwo
Julibee
https://youtu.be/1m2_EdahIMY
Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 04:57:23 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#73  May 12, 2021, 02:56:49 pm
    • USA
Also if your wondering who Wizzy is, he is a freelance composer who makes music based in the Capcom Play System(CPS2/CPS3). Here's some of his music so you can hear what sounds like
Character Select 16(Extended)
https://youtu.be/ofvs3H_l7Kg
90s Spiderman
https://youtu.be/oUf_AoGDGwo
Julibee
https://youtu.be/1m2_EdahIMY

Re-rendering all my sprites to fit palettes. Should of figured that out first.
Ahh he's good. Wonder what it would cost to just hire him?? I'm already doing everything else...lol
#74  May 15, 2021, 02:36:49 am
    • USA
Hey MDGCD, how's the re-rendering going? Are you able to show anything progress soon or is it still W.I P.?
Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:26:24 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#75  May 28, 2021, 04:29:29 pm
    • USA
Kid Flash!!!

Will be a selectable character variation of the Flash. Slightly faster, slightly weaker, and a few subtle differences in specials and Super attacks.
Will have one more character variation for the Flash. Stay tuned....
#76  May 29, 2021, 01:49:58 am
    • USA
Ah so that's what you've been working on. Really cool, I like his visor with the little lighting bolts on the sides.Gives a Gerodi from Star Trek: Next Genration vibes. Its interesting you went with the New 52 version of Kid Flash. So does this mean the Flash currently in your roster is Barry Allen or Wally West?
#77  May 29, 2021, 04:29:21 am
    • USA
Ah so that's what you've been working on. Really cool, I like his visor with the little lighting bolts on the sides.Gives a Gerodi from Star Trek: Next Genration vibes. Its interesting you went with the New 52 version of Kid Flash. So does this mean the Flash currently in your roster is Barry Allen or Wally West?

I work on different things at once, so not to get bored. Yes, he is Barry.
#78  June 09, 2021, 01:33:27 pm
    • USA
Hey MVDCGD, how are you doing? So as a quick guess for the second character variation, would it be Jay Gerrick? Also do you plan on doing more characters variations for other characters?
#79  June 09, 2021, 11:37:44 pm
    • USA
Hey MVDCGD, how are you doing? So as a quick guess for the second character variation, would it be Jay Gerrick? Also do you plan on doing more characters variations for other characters?

1. No, its someone more interesting. and don't guess again! Just wait and see lol.
2. Every character will have at least 1 variation if I'm creative enough. That's the plan.
#80  June 10, 2021, 06:48:17 pm
  • Why,
I see see i...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#81  July 19, 2021, 02:51:04 am
    • USA
Hello MDCGD, how have you been doing lately? Is the progress of your projects going well?
#82  July 22, 2021, 12:36:40 am
    • USA
Hello MDCGD, how have you been doing lately? Is the progress of your projects going well?

Everything is going smooth. Re-worked the mechanics to play more like MVCI/UMVC3. combos are easier for beginners and advanced players will still be able to create more complex combos. So not shrinking skill gap.
I've been thinking about finding VFX designers and stage creators for commission work. But I don't like to depend on people so....
#83  July 22, 2021, 04:19:10 pm
  • Why,

Everything is going smooth. Re-worked the mechanics to play more like MVCI/UMVC3. combos are easier for beginners and advanced players will still be able to create more complex combos. So not shrinking skill gap.
I've been thinking about finding VFX designers and stage creators for commission work. But I don't like to depend on people so....

Are you plan them "Standalone at colletros" or " Only this game these, Can asking if need some at put collection..." 4+1 or 6+ 1 buttons? NO 1+1 buttons like one SW game ...
#84  July 23, 2021, 01:13:47 am
    • USA

Are you plan them "Standalone at colletros" or " Only this game these, Can asking if need some at put collection..." 4+1 or 6+ 1 buttons? NO 1+1 buttons like one SW game ...

Full game only. Sorry. I wish not that my characters get botched up and mixed with broken characters.

used to be 6 button, now 4. LP,HP,LK,HK + 1 EX button + 1 Skill Button.
#85  July 31, 2021, 05:50:00 am
    • USA
Its good that your project is going well. I think the MVCI/UMVC3 approach is a good move, especially with the unique tag system of MVCI where you can pull off cool tag team combos and supers. Also can I suggest a cool idea for a move for Flash, if you don't mind? In a recent season of the Flash TV show, the villain Godspeed creates a sword made out of lighting from the sky. The Flash, with the help from the Reverse Flash, counter this by doing the same, but out of their speed force energy. They then engage in a cool lighting sword duel. Here is a link to a clip of this. It occurs at 1:40.
https://youtu.be/6-c6aU2LnRo
  By the way if you don't mind me asking, do you plan on allowing your characters available for regular Mugen when your game is finished, like how Team Z2 has their versions of Goku and Vegeta available for regular Mugen or will they be exclusive only to your game. Just wondering because it would be cool to see your versions of Flash and Superman go against Sic-1 and Hannibals versions of Flash and Superman, respectively. But It is completely understandable and ok if you just want your characters to be exclusive to your game, since you put a lot of time, work, effort in to making this game a reality.
Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 05:53:53 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#86  July 31, 2021, 10:25:01 pm
    • USA
Its good that your project is going well. I think the MVCI/UMVC3 approach is a good move, especially with the unique tag system of MVCI where you can pull off cool tag team combos and supers. Also can I suggest a cool idea for a move for Flash, if you don't mind? In a recent season of the Flash TV show, the villain Godspeed creates a sword made out of lighting from the sky. The Flash, with the help from the Reverse Flash, counter this by doing the same, but out of their speed force energy. They then engage in a cool lighting sword duel. Here is a link to a clip of this. It occurs at 1:40.
https://youtu.be/6-c6aU2LnRo

I seen it, and thought it was a bit cheesy because, although its quite possible, its highly not probable that the Flash would use a lightning sword, especially with no weapons training. He's not Sasuke lol. Plus, the third variant Flash character will have "access" to a "weapon" (clue).

By the way if you don't mind me asking, do you plan on allowing your characters available for regular Mugen when your game is finished, like how Team Z2 has their versions of Goku and Vegeta available for regular Mugen or will they be exclusive only to your game. Just wondering because it would be cool to see your versions of Flash and Superman go against Sic-1 and Hannibals versions of Flash and Superman, respectively. But It is completely understandable and ok if you just want your characters to be exclusive to your game, since you put a lot of time, work, effort in to making this game a reality.

I just answered the other guy, no its exclusive to my game. Even if I were to release them publicly, I'd have to make my characters compatible and I've been focused on full game mode this whole time. I have so many custom states I would have to create a public version of each character...too much. I'm already dealing with all these variants. I still got stages and screenpack to deal with.
#87  August 02, 2021, 03:51:19 pm
    • USA
Hey MVDCGD, Have you thought about a final boss for your game yet or how would it play out? Like would it be a SNK vs. Capcom type, where each side has a sub-boss dedicated to each side(Dr.Doom for Marvel, Lex Luthor for DC) before fighting the Final Boss. Or would the boss be a composite character of two villains from each universe( Like Thanoseid, a Amalgam of Thanos and Darkseid from Amalgam Comics).
 Also I completely understand your thought process about the previous question. Your character are very well made and have a lot of working components that would make them difficult to implement into regular Mugen. Also I did see the previous guy's question but I didn't understand what he said, so I asked a similar question for further clarification.
Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:21:22 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#88  August 05, 2021, 02:52:23 am
    • USA
Hey MVDCGD, Have you thought about a final boss for your game yet or how would it play out? Like would it be a SNK vs. Capcom type, where each side has a sub-boss dedicated to each side(Dr.Doom for Marvel, Lex Luthor for DC) before fighting the Final Boss. Or would the boss be a composite character of two villains from each universe( Like Thanoseid, a Amalgam of Thanos and Darkseid from Amalgam Comics).
 Also I completely understand your thought process about the previous question. Your character are very well made and have a lot of working components that would make them difficult to implement into regular Mugen. Also I did see the previous guy's question but I didn't understand what he said, so I asked a similar question for further clarification.

Thought about it, but not in detail. when I'm 10+ characters in, I'll have more ideas and experience with other characters and maybe an idea will come in regards to bosses.
#89  August 30, 2021, 03:24:16 pm
    • USA
Hey MVDCGD, how have you been doing dude? How's the progress been going late? Are you still working on Wonder Woman and Hulk or you working the combat system or something else entirely? Also do you plan on releasing a video of your progress, like the previous video showcasing what The Flash, Doomsday, Storm, and Superman could do, or are you planning some more stuff before you show anything else?
#90  August 31, 2021, 12:40:17 am
    • USA
Hey MVDCGD, how have you been doing dude? How's the progress been going late? Are you still working on Wonder Woman and Hulk or you working the combat system or something else entirely? Also do you plan on releasing a video of your progress, like the previous video showcasing what The Flash, Doomsday, Storm, and Superman could do, or are you planning some more stuff before you show anything else?

The combat system and AI is done for Flash, Doomsday, and Superman. I'm just applying it to Storm now. I also changed her outfit. Working on her  Standard and her variation:

Also need to work on her effects I'd like more hi-res lightning and Ice fx. Once she's done I'll be right where I left off.
 I'll probably do a video at the end of the year. I'd like to have my HUD done before releasing. I'll be releasing videos a bit different this time. I'll release one character at a time along with their variation gameplay.
Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 02:20:44 am by MDCGD
#91  August 31, 2021, 01:54:07 am
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Storm is looking really good. Glad to hear about the progress.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#92  September 02, 2021, 06:01:07 pm
    • USA
This is cool dude. I like her standard design, a neat rendition of her classic outfit but black with yellow highlights. Also the release pattern of the character, their variation, and their gameplay one at a time is good idea. Glad the progress is going smoothly. Also if you don't mind me asking, how is the progress of Wonder Woman and Hulk going? Are they going smoothly as well?
#93  September 02, 2021, 11:05:38 pm
    • USA
This is cool dude. I like her standard design, a neat rendition of her classic outfit but black with yellow highlights. Also the release pattern of the character, their variation, and their gameplay one at a time is good idea. Glad the progress is going smoothly. Also if you don't mind me asking, how is the progress of Wonder Woman and Hulk going? Are they going smoothly as well?

She will have white and gold as a pal swap.
In regards to WW and Hulk as I said they're on pause until I fixed the first 4 characters because their coding is the foundation for the rest ( the grappler (Doomsday), the fast Melee (Flash), the zoner (storm), and the "shoto" (Superman)). WW's coding will be based on Superman and Hulk on Doomsday so I had to finish them first to perfection.
#94  October 04, 2021, 11:48:33 am
hi MDCGD just wanted to say that this one looks EXTREMELY AWESOME! cant wait for you to release it so i can play it!
#95  October 11, 2021, 03:22:18 am
    • USA
@satanel Thanks for the support!

I will be releasing a new video update soon! In the mean time, here's a palette reveal!

Doomsday Palette
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Stay tuned!
#96  October 11, 2021, 05:12:59 am
    • USA
This looks cool dude. I like the reference to the Hulk in the third palette. Also if you don't mind me asking, how is the combat system going? Mainly because I've seen your post on Twitter talking about the process. Can't wait to see what you have coming up.
#97  October 12, 2021, 12:15:37 am
    • USA
This looks cool dude. I like the reference to the Hulk in the third palette. Also if you don't mind me asking, how is the combat system going? Mainly because I've seen your post on Twitter talking about the process. Can't wait to see what you have coming up.

I just created a new juggle system to avoid infinites. All normal attacks are divided in 3 groups, Weak, Medium, Strong. The more you use a particular group within a combo, the higher the juggle points for that particular group.
#98  October 12, 2021, 07:31:21 am
  • Why,

I just created a new juggle system to avoid infinites. All normal attacks are divided in 3 groups, Weak, Medium, Strong. The more you use a particular group within a combo, the higher the juggle points for that particular group.

Some Feilong´s are wery combo machines (hmm... One hit at not make lot dmg, but long combo ...)  Well... sometimes it just feelings at pain for fingers...
good idea ... at points...
#99  November 03, 2021, 02:30:27 am
    • USA
SEASON 2 UPDATE!!

:muttrox: :nuttrox: :muttrox: :nuttrox:
#100  November 03, 2021, 03:34:44 pm
    • USA
Hey MVCGD, how have you been doing lately? Saw the video dude and left a comment. Flash and Kid Flash look pretty good. I've also saw the incorporation of elements from MVC3, like the crumple state after getting hit hard. Their combos look pretty nice, representing their fast, lightspeed footsies type of playstyle really well.  Also is this the start of the you uploading more from videos of your development process, that you mentioned you'll do towards the end of the year, or is this just something to keep us for the moment until the next update. I'm fine either way as long as you don't overwork yourself and go at your own pace.
#101  November 03, 2021, 11:17:08 pm
    • USA
Hey MVCGD, how have you been doing lately? Saw the video dude and left a comment. Flash and Kid Flash look pretty good. I've also saw the incorporation of elements from MVC3, like the crumple state after getting hit hard. Their combos look pretty nice, representing their fast, lightspeed footsies type of playstyle really well.  Also is this the start of the you uploading more from videos of your development process, that you mentioned you'll do towards the end of the year, or is this just something to keep us for the moment until the next update. I'm fine either way as long as you don't overwork yourself and go at your own pace.

Thanks. In regards to the crumble state, I was first inspired by SFIV.
In regards to your question, yes I will be able to do more frequent updates since the foundation of my characters' coding is complete. All I really have to focus on is animation now.
Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 06:53:15 pm by MDCGD
#102  November 12, 2021, 10:20:51 am
    • USA
Hey MDCGD, whatcha been up too lately? So is there any backstory to the stage your currently using in your vids? I like the stage, mainly because it gives me MVC2 vibes in it's concept, having cool stages like Ruby Heart's Pirateship and The Clock Tower, where they have very little too do with the actual lore of the worlds represented but become memorable own their own due to having their own unique style, like the Carnavial stage with its giant inflatable clown and the jazzy, happy music.
#103  November 12, 2021, 11:42:41 am
I love the work done here. Glad to see all of this.
#104  November 12, 2021, 08:25:52 pm
    • USA
Hey MDCGD, whatcha been up too lately? So is there any backstory to the stage your currently using in your vids? I like the stage, mainly because it gives me MVC2 vibes in it's concept, having cool stages like Ruby Heart's Pirateship and The Clock Tower, where they have very little too do with the actual lore of the worlds represented but become memorable own their own due to having their own unique style, like the Carnavial stage with its giant inflatable clown and the jazzy, happy music.

Oh, no. That's just a stage I downloaded to use as a blueprint when I start making stages. It has the right size I'd like my stages to be. I use it as my "training" stage. The HUD you see is mine though. I have to work on the time fonts and expand on the player icon so it looks more aesthetically cool next to the health bar especially for 2 or 3 tag. Right now its ok, but I want to design a frame for them.

@Izzac Davie Thanks!
#105  November 17, 2021, 06:47:12 am
    • USA
Hey MDCGD, how have you been? If you don't mind me asking do you have any picticular interpretations of certain characters that you're going to based them on? For example, what is your version of Batman gonna be like? Is it gonna be a composite character like Alucard's Batman, which took inspiration from the comics and the Tim Burton movies, or is gonna take inspiration from a single source, like Cybaster's Batman, which was based on the 2004 cartoon, "Batman". Ya'know, the show that had the Joker have dreadlocks and fight like a monkey high on crack, which I have too say was a pretty cool idea. Also how is the progress going? Are you working on Wonder Woman and Hulk or are you working on other things like the combo system or the already revealed characters like Storm and The Flash?
#106  December 04, 2021, 06:00:12 pm
    • USA
Superman's character variant reveal......

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#107  December 05, 2021, 05:43:50 am
    • USA
That's cool dude. I'm hyped to see what her gameplay looks like visually. Also are you gonna use her voice clips from Injustice 2 or something else entirely. By the way I hope you had a great thanksgiving with friends and family and ate good food.

EDIT, 12/25/21: Also Merry Christmas. Hopefully your having a good time this year.
Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 12:35:24 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#108  October 16, 2022, 11:48:27 pm
    • USA
*DESIGN UPDATE*

This is the final designs for main Storm and WW. Been a while since I've posted but I've been continually working on it. A lot of coding and design revisions. I removed my videos because the # of Youtube views doesn't add up to the views on this post. I figured Youtube might be obscuring the numbers due to copyright stuff, IDK. Either that or you guys aren't really interested in videos. In any case I'll just be posting snapshots for now. Would like to release a demo in the near future for a few interested individuals.
#109  October 21, 2022, 12:30:22 pm
    • USA
Hey dude, how've you been lately? Did you enjoyed your break over the past months? Also these redesigns are pretty cool, with Storm's look feeling like a nice composite design of her Ultimate Universe, Classic 90's, and post modern appearances and Wonder Woman's reminds me of the design that she had briefly before the DC Rebirth event comic happened. Also in my opinion I think you should keep uploading videos of your progress on your channel, since I find to cool and interesting to see how the development of the game is going, but its ok if you feel the videos arent really helping the growth of your channel. And as alternative you could always use Streamable as way to show your progress in a similar vain that other mugen authors like OHMSBY, Ichida, and Resentone do before they release a character.
#110  October 21, 2022, 02:44:37 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
@MDCGD It's nice to see this project moving forward.
Don't get discouraged about YT views. You can continue to use other platforms to display character animations and movements.
#111  November 13, 2022, 09:03:30 pm
    • USA
@LittelFox you’re a comic book historian I see.

@LittleFox and @MatreroG

Thanks. I’ll upload a video before I drop the demo.